Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod BaDIK S3 Maintenance Update (Non-Critical)

Links in OP are updated accordingly.

Changlelog:
  • By request changed the Math cheat to award "Perfect" rather than just "Passed" and tweaked the test's UI a bit for aesthetic purposes (really just to get some VN buttons out of the way of the MiniMenu).
  • Now you're one step closer to valedictorian... cheater. :p
1702861547121.png 1702861591152.png 1702862011297.png

Simply download and reinstall over existing mod installation, overwriting as requested if necessary.

Mentions: radical.turtle99 osculim

em2839845

Aug 23, 2022
Hey Sancho! I know it's pointless considering how easy it is to modify the amount of money MC has in the game with the mod but is there is physical limitation as to why the number can't be locked to 10 with a toggle or something like that? I was just thinking about that because of the fish mini game haha

Cyrix72

Oct 31, 2021
Cyrix72 follow those two steps I provided exactly (insuring it's in a fresh folder/directory) and don't do anything else but start the VN. Let me know the outcome soon (like do it now or you'll be pushed to the backburner) as I'm ready to push this Math cheat change posthaste since I've been on another VN update beta project that has a hard-stop timeline... I have to finish it today and report to that developer so they can finalize (that other VN has almost 20 endings... which mandates full concentration of the code). So, if there truly is a problem and you want it fixed let's get this done. I'll check back in a few minutes.
Have not been at my computer yesterday, so sorry for the delay.

If you'd still be interested, this is the log right after unzipping and starting the VN without loading a save. No mod installed, no syncing and stored in a folder of my data drive, which is an internally mounted M2.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

There's really no reason why this should occur. Insure you have a "cache" directory inside "/game". It's there by default via RenPy VN installation and should include the "shaders.txt" file predefined.
If shaders.txt is supposed to be part of the VN's archive, it's at least not available in the path you mentioned.
ZIP path.png ZIP path patch 10.0.1.png

Just in case some of my words would sound impolite to you: I am doing my best, but I am a native German speaker and we are often accused of being too blunt by North Americans. I am definitely owning you for your constant great work and dedication and that cannot be said often enough. :)

Last edited:

godman59

Nov 25, 2017
Houston we've got a problem apparently there is a loop in the scenes (most probably by having too many scenes on "true"), the scenes are in episode 9 during a halloween party scene where Jill (in her banana outfit) welcomes Isabell in front of the door loops with talk between the girls (Sage, Josy, Maya and intercepted by Sage Isabell). The scenes repeat one after another and can't be skipped. Any idea how to resolve this?

osculim

Aug 21, 2019
Houston we've got a problem apparently there is a loop in the scenes (most probably by having too many scenes on "true"), the scenes are in episode 9 during a halloween party scene where Jill (in her banana outfit) welcomes Isabell in front of the door loops with talk between the girls (Sage, Josy, Maya and intercepted by Sage Isabell). The scenes repeat one after another and can't be skipped. Any idea how to resolve this?
Yes simple. Stop using other crappy mods and then trying to use sancho's mods on those saves. We heard this complaint thousands of times on here. People are so tired of hearing the same thing that they stop responding to posts like this. Now I am nice enough to tell you to go and get the save fixer on the main page that Sancho so was so nice to create for all these people that use other mods. If you used his mod from the start you would not have had this problem.

JerryC

Mar 5, 2019
Hello people, what's up? I usually never use mods, like, ever. But I got really tired of the mini games in BaDIK now, and looking at my past self saying "nah, I want to play ALL my paths the way they're meant to be played", I want to tell him.... You choose.... Poorly.

Anyways, if I install this most reknowned mod, which apparently allows cheating in mini games (I'd just skip them if I could), is there any chance for my saves to break for future updates?

Thanks ahead!

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Hello people, what's up? I usually never use mods, like, ever. But I got really tired of the mini games in BaDIK now, and looking at my past self saying "nah, I want to play ALL my paths the way they're meant to be played", I want to tell him.... You choose.... Poorly.

Anyways, if I install this most reknowned mod, which apparently allows cheating in mini games (I'd just skip them if I could), is there any chance for my saves to break for future updates?

Thanks ahead!
unlikely, been using this mod for a long time, never had an issue with saves. The only way it will happen if you mix your mods, manually change variables that you shouldn't, or try loading a modded save in an unmodded game (but there is a fix for that)

godman59

Nov 25, 2017
Yes simple. Stop using other crappy mods and then trying to use sancho's mods on those saves. We heard this complaint thousands of times on here. People are so tired of hearing the same thing that they stop responding to posts like this. Now I am nice enough to tell you to go and get the save fixer on the main page that Sancho so was so nice to create for all these people that use other mods. If you used his mod from the start you would not have had this problem.
The thing is I did use it from the start, thats why it started crashing for me in the other thread when I by mistake installed scrappy's multimod instead of this one. For now I've been albe to avoid the loop by modifying the route to Isabella only but my assumpion is that its irreversable
here are the screenshots from the previous version I have on my hard drive

Current
1703000724717.png
And Interlude:
1703000751495.png

Don't have the older ones since its been too long and I've already deleted them.

Hey and no need to get territorial aight?
I get it the question might be asked several times but its not a reason to get angry about it. It's why these threads exist, otherwise they would be locked for author eyes only.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
The thing is I did use it from the start, thats why it started crashing for me in the other thread when I by mistake installed scrappy's multimod instead of this one.
Did you not get support for the issue(s) "in the other thread" you mention in your post for that looping issue bud? I don't attempt to fix all the issues caused outside of SanchoMod as I've never seen nor used any other product but my own. The only thing I resolve out of courtesy is the timebombs the dev coded if you used another product besides mine. Otherwise, even if it was by your mistake as you stated, if you installed another product and it broke something then did you seek resolution from that source?

If you did (and it can be verified that you at least made the attempt) then I'll spend my time that I can afford and assist. Otherwise go to the source that is causing or caused the issue for potential fixes that may already exist. Make sense? If so just let me know. Regards.

P.S. You can always load a save for the path in question that was made prior to the "mistaken installation" you mention then you'll be fine. It's an option to consider that won't require any new shenanigans to fix existing shenanigans. Just a thought (it's what I'd personally do in your shoes tbh).

godman59

Nov 25, 2017
Did you not get support for the issue(s) "in the other thread" you mention in your post for that looping issue bud? I don't attempt to fix all the issues caused outside of SanchoMod as I've never seen nor used any other product but my own. The only thing I resolve out of courtesy is the timebombs the dev coded if you used another product besides mine. Otherwise, even if it was by your mistake as you stated, if you installed another product and it broke something then did you seek resolution from that source?

If you did (and it can be verified that you at least made the attempt) then I'll spend my time that I can afford and assist. Otherwise go to the source that is causing or caused the issue for potential fixes that may already exist. Make sense? If so just let me know. Regards.

P.S. You can always load a save for the path in question that was made prior to the "mistaken installation" you mention then you'll be fine. It's an option to consider that won't require any new shenanigans to fix existing shenanigans. Just a thought (it's what I'd personally do in your shoes tbh).

Hey, thanks for the reply. I don't expect some miracles to happen just thought that maybe someone had a known fix for that (since it seems 2 paths are looping here).
The problem that was mentioned before was just that the saves wouldnt load at all when I mistakenly installed the other mod, but no saves were made to break the playthrough (after realizing that I've had a wrong mod, I've wiped already messy game location and unpacked a fresh one for the mod so no junk resided inside the installation folder). After changing the mod the saves loaded fine and I was able the play through most of the episode 9, but then during the haloween evert this happend

If it is required of you to search for some rando code that 'might' fix the issue, don't do that. I don't want to burden anyone with additional work for something that might not happen to anyone in the future.

For now I've just changed path to Isabella in cheat options and it seems to have fix it though my choices were probably overwritten.
For anyone interested I've uploaded two saves - 1-3 is just before the cutscenes 1-4 is during the unskippable cutscenes

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hey, thanks for the reply. I don't expect some miracles to happen just thought that maybe someone had a known fix for that (since it seems 2 paths are looping here).
The problem that was mentioned before was just that the saves wouldnt load at all when I mistakenly installed the other mod, but no saves were made to break the playthrough (after realizing that I've had a wrong mod, I've wiped already messy game location and unpacked a fresh one for the mod so no junk resided inside the installation folder). After changing the mod the saves loaded fine and I was able the play through most of the episode 9, but then during the haloween evert this happend

If it is required of you to search for some rando code that 'might' fix the issue, don't do that. I don't want to burden anyone with additional work for something that might not happen to anyone in the future.

For now I've just changed path to Isabella in cheat options and it seems to have fix it though my choices were probably overwritten.
For anyone interested I've uploaded two saves - 1-3 is just before the cutscenes 1-4 is during the unskippable cutscenes
Wait. If I'm reading this correctly (the part I highlighted yellow in your replied post) you mistakenly installed another mod, and after that your saves wouldn't load, you realized what happened so you reinstalled the VN and put SanchoMod in it, and now your saves would load again but you have a looping issue at the Halloween event?

If that's what you are saying then that's impossible. There's no Jill Banana looping issue if you only used SanchoMod. That looping issue has a root cause from folks using a forced "harem" scenario in regards to cheating in path variable changes. I read enough folks who had the issue to know what they did, as most folks have read by now (the VN's thread and this thread were inundated with the complaints). So, you had to have physically used some other mod AND saved the playthrough in question for this to occur after loading it again.

Also, I specifically asked you questions in my initial reply. None of those did you answer in your post bud. Read my original reply to you again and answer the questions first before I consider proceeding.

Last edited:

godman59

Nov 25, 2017
Wait. If I'm reading this correctly (the part I highlighted yellow in your replied post) you mistakenly installed another mod, and after that your saves wouldn't load, you realized what happened so you reinstalled the VN and put SanchoMod in it, and now your saves would load again but you have a looping issue at the Halloween event?

If that's what you are saying then that's impossible. There's no Jill Banana looping issue if you only used SanchoMod. That looping issue has a root cause from folks using a forced "harem" scenario in regards to cheating in path variable changes. I read enough folks who had the issue to know what they did, as most folks have read by now (the VN's thread and this thread were inundated with the complaints). So, you had to have physically used some other mod AND saved the playthrough in question for this to occur after loading it again.

Also, I specifically asked you questions in my initial reply. None of those did you answer in your post bud. Read my original reply to you again and answer the questions first before I consider proceeding.
Answering your question, no I didn't receive any help in the other thread regarding the load problem. Which is why I came to the conclusion it must be the mod that caused this which seemed correct.

And yes it is exactly like you mentioned. I've been following the VN since 2019 and might have some different mod for the first installment, though I'm not sure the problem would appear nearly 8 episodes later in such a weird way

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Did you not get support for the issue(s) "in the other thread" you mention in your post for that looping issue bud?
I didn't receive any help in the other thread regarding the load problem.
Let's get on the same page bud. Let's stay on just looping as attempting to load any save made in SanchoMod will never load without it or this mod's "SaveFixer", so that one is simple. If you are trying to use another product with a save previously made with SanchoMod then try installing this mod's SaveFixer along with the other product (if that's what you are trying to do).

Now, with the amount of folks that got that looping issue on S3's debut (when it first released last year) after previously using another product, I would naturally assume there is a fix for it on that other products' page. Is this not the case? I'm asking if you looked for an author-supplied fix or requested assistance for the looping issue from the source of the cause... the other product's thread.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Holy shit! No wonder you have problems bud!
1703019170459.png
You must have pushed the "All-In" magic button on something :ROFLMAO:

I bet you are having more than just one problem here.

So, WTF path is this really supposed to be?
(And don't tell me you want it all or I'm done here)

godman59

Nov 25, 2017
Let's get on the same page bud. Let's stay on just looping as attempting to load any save made in SanchoMod will never load without it or this mod's "SaveFixer", so that one is simple. If you are trying to use another product with a save previously made with SanchoMod then try installing this mod's SaveFixer along with the other product (if that's what you are trying to do).

Now, with the amount of folks that got that looping issue on S3's debut (when it first released last year) after previously using another product, I would naturally assume there is a fix for it on that other products' page. Is this not the case? I'm asking if you looked for an author-supplied fix or requested assistance for the looping issue from the source of the cause... the other product's thread.
To be honest I haven't been looking at the problem in the main game forum since I figured it had to be a problem with the mod and I don't remember using the other one (probably my mistake now that I think about it). Only after osculim responce that its a common issue I've researched some about it and found a YT video that resets variables (although through the other mod) so I just replicated the result the only way its possible here, by changing the path and it seem to have fixed it

godman59

Nov 25, 2017
Holy shit! No wonder you have problems bud!
View attachment 3188165
You must have pushed the "All-In" magic button on something :ROFLMAO:

I bet you are having more than just one problem here.

So, WTF path is this really supposed to be?
(And don't tell me you want it all or I'm done here)
Funny you say that but no, no other problems happen, only some weird things like two cutscenes for two different outcomes one after another (didn't think much about it, I thought it was intended for the mod) but other than that game was going smoothly lol.

I'm guessing I must have installed the mod for one of the previous episodes (maybe 5, 6 or 7 - I usually make a fresh install for each) before which then triggered some shananigans which now made the problem appear

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
no other problems happen
Oh, other problems were coming your way bud, that's guaranteed with those stats :ROFLMAO:

Regardless, you can fix this looping bullshit yourself with SanchoMod as a tool.

Follow my lead in this exact order:
  1. Load a save (for this example I want you to load that 1-3 save so you and I remain on the same page, and select "Leave": 1703020641784.png
  2. Finish the Rusty (Basement) main tasks: 1703020783748.png
  3. Go back to the main DIK room which will auto-run the "banana" scene, and when you get to this screen exactly 1703020875773.png I want you to STOP, go into SanchoCheats, and change the "Branch" to "Others": 1703020941245.png
  4. Now progress through the scene until Sage is done yapping 1703021074843.png and STOP HERE go back into SanchoCheats and change the "Branch" to "Isabella": 1703021472361.png
  5. Now play the scene until the end when you finally reach the DIKs main room and are back in Free Roam: 1703021590100.png
  6. Now go back one last time in SanchoCheats and set the "Branch" to your preferred.
With all that done you are out of the loop and ready to continue play. But I cannot stress enough that your playthrough of this save is beyond fucked up and nowhere near "pure". The opposite in fact. So, you might experience another odd dialogue here and there but SanchoMod changes more variables than just the "Branch" with it's cheat so you should be mostly okay.

If you ever do anything that silly again then get help from the author that created the problem and don't drop it in my lap. I reckon you've learned your lesson. Now go have fun.

Final note: I highly suggest you retain at least one save of your favorite LI in pure form, one that was never cheated in any way. Then you always have something you can fall back on. Make sense? Of course it does, it's the smart thing to do.

Regards and you're welcome.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 13 Votes