Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Patch v0.10.1 For Being A DIK is now live on Patreon. Is the mod compatible with the new update?
Well, I don't know what's in that "patch" but worst case scenario (if it doesn't include any image files) is installing SanchoMod into it will most likely just drop it down to v0.10.0 modded (no patch changes would take effect). I'll have to wait for the patch file to drop in my lap to see it though. PM it to me and I'll eyeball it for changes.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hello,
I've had the same problem when I used the Ren'Py SDK version 8.1.3 to start the game. Using version 7.6.3 of the SDK fixed that problem for me.
The VN is made to run on v7.4.10, why on Earth are you changing it? Don't do that bud, you are asking for trouble tbh. You might think it's all okay but (unless you actually keep up with all the RenPy changelogs) RenPy will most certainly execute the code differently.

EnterpriseNL

Donor
Aug 16, 2017
So many previous posts in this thread answer that bud. It's from "another mod". See posts here and here for example.
Thanks for your answer, there are just so many posts, I did go back 3 pages or something, even used the search function, but didn't saw anything related, yes I did used scrappy mod before yours, so guessing that's the problem then, thank you anyways, I have to skip that side quest then, ignore it just puts it in a endless loop of errors

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
ignore it just puts it in a endless loop of errors
Wait... give me a minute then... I can maybe fix that for you although I can't test it ( i don't use other mods of course )... but if you're willing to give me ~5minutes I can give you a drag and drop file to test if it fixes (I'll just force that variable to be named in RenPy).

EnterpriseNL

Donor
Aug 16, 2017
Wait... give me a minute then... I can maybe fix that for you although I can't test it ( i don't use other mods of course )... but if you're willing to give me ~5minutes I can give you a drag and drop file to test if it fixes (I'll just force that variable to be named in RenPy).
It's most probably related to the saves, before I used scrappy, didn't even know your mod existed for BeingAdik before episode 10 came out, then I installed yours after I unpacked a new clean version of the game, it calls to something in scrappy's mod for sure, it has mentions of it in his files.

Now my game is quite dirty, I just copied everything from scrappy mod over to the modded sancho game, and it worked again, after that I used that fix to make it proper or atleast working

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
It's most probably related to the saves, before I used scrappy, didn't even know your mod existed for BeingAdik before episode 10 came out, then I installed yours after I unpacked a new clean version of the game
Don't sweat it. Close the VN, place the content of the attached inside your "/game" folder, fire the VN back up and see what happens.

Reactions: EnterpriseNL

PeterMill

Jul 28, 2023
The VN is made to run on v7.4.10, why on Earth are you changing it? Don't do that bud, you are asking for trouble tbh. You might think it's all okay but (unless you actually keep up with all the RenPy changelogs) RenPy will most certainly execute the code differently.
I'm playing the game on different systems, one of them is a Raspberry Pi. The game doesn't support the arm-cpu, because of that I simply downloaded the first SDK that showed up on the Ren'Py site, so that I can play. sync and use my savegames with all systems. That's the only reason. I know it's not perfect and I have a few smaller problems when I'm playing on my Raspberry Pi, but I'm not complaining about, because I know that it's my doing that is causing these problems.

Edit: rephrased my message a bit

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm playing the game on different systems, one of them is a Raspberry Pi. The game doesn't support the arm-cpu so I had to download the Ren'Py-SDK on all systems, and I simply downloaded the first one that showed up on the Ren'Py site, so that I can sync and use my savegames with all systems. That's the only reason. I know it's not perfect and I have a few smaller problems when I'm playing on my Raspberry Pi, but I'm not complaining about, because I know that it's my doing that is causing these problems.
On Raspberry simply DL the correct SDK which is the one I listed. Do that, you'll thank me later when you have zero issues with your game play. You can trust me, I put VN's, emulations, and other crazy shit on all kinds of modded handheld devices and mini-PCs.

On RenPy's site see here in the DL page:
1702675525044.png
Then here at the very bottom of the page (complete list of releases):
1702675596712.png
Find 7.4.10 and see here:
1702675701333.png

EnterpriseNL

Donor
Aug 16, 2017
Hmm.. I kinda wished you didn't do that bit though. That fix doesn't rely on anything else tbh.
I know, but tried to get past it, before I knew you would try to fix it but the installation was dirty, I say was, because I just used a new clean version again with only your mod and that mod_gr fix, and I can confirm it works perfectly now

Much appreciated Sancho, really is :D

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I know, but tried to get past it, before I knew you would try to fix it but the installation was dirty, I say was, because I just used a new clean version again with only your mod and that mod_gr fix, and I can confirm it works perfectly now

Much appreciated Sancho, really is :D
Good. Thanks for testing that for sure. I'll add that bit to that button I have in the MiniStat when it detects the timebombs... hit two birds with one stone.

PeterMill

Jul 28, 2023
On Raspberry simply DL the correct SDK which is the one I listed. Do that, you'll thank me later when you have zero issues with your game play. You can trust me, I put VN's, emulations, and other crazy shit on all kinds of modded handheld devices and mini-PCs.

On RenPy's site see here in the DL page:
View attachment 3176406
Thanks, for thei info, I'll try it later. I hope my savegames will still work with it. But maybe you can tell me how I can figure out what the correct SDK for each game is? Is there a specific file I need to check?

EnterpriseNL

Donor
Aug 16, 2017
Good. Thanks for testing that for sure. I'll add that bit to that button I have in the MiniStat when it detects the timebombs... hit two birds with one stone.
Which means less work for in the future, atleast that's the intention if Pinkcake doesn't change shit again lol

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thanks, for thei info, I'll try it later. I hope my savegames will still work with it. But maybe you can tell me how I can figure out what the correct SDK for each game is? Is there a specific file I need to check?
There's several ways but the easiest is to fire up any VN for the first time and it will produce a log.txt file. The info is within, usually on the third line of the log.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
if Pinkcake doesn't change shit again lol
Oh I'm sure he will... I just need to stay a few steps ahead of him and others tbh. We'll be fine. I'm certainly not the best, and Pink is a good coder without doubt, but I have an edge on him. I have to if I can find his mistakes and be able to fix 'em.

Reactions: GoWFO

PeterMill

Jul 28, 2023
There's several ways but the easiest is to fire up any VN for the first time and it will produce a log.txt file. The info is within, usually on the third line of the log.
Thank you, I really appreciate your help including your amazing mod, which helped me a lot to "speedrun" the game so that I could replace my corrupted savegames to get ready again for episode 10.

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thank you, I really appreciate your help including your amazing mod, which helped me a lot to "speedrun" the game so that I could replace my corrupted savegames to get ready again for episode 10.
I don't think it's possible to speed run this VN without the mod tbh... but I really don't know. I built the mod for my use and once I've finished my main LI I'm a speedrunner too... that's why I first started building the minigame cheats (I don't like the version with MG's Off since some special renders, etc aren't awarded).

Thank you for the kind words though, sincerely. I honestly don't care what anyone plays on or what they decide to play with, I only hope that what I make for my own use and share they might find beneficial for themselves in some way.

Regards bud.

Reactions: GoWFO

Cyrix72

Oct 31, 2021
This is a snip from my log.txt:

Code:
While predicting images.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "renpy/execution.py", line 831, in predict
    for n in node.predict():
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1779, in predict
    return [ renpy.game.script.lookup(label) ]
  File "renpy/script.py", line 918, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'science_game_end_label'.
The log has grown to 11.6k lines by repeating the above. Any idea ? I am on a clean 10.0.0 with latest Sancho's and never used another mod.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
This is a snip from my log.txt:

Code:
While predicting images.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "renpy/execution.py", line 831, in predict
    for n in node.predict():
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1779, in predict
    return [ renpy.game.script.lookup(label) ]
  File "renpy/script.py", line 918, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'science_game_end_label'.
The log has grown to 11.6k lines by repeating the above. Any idea ? I am on a clean 10.0.0 with latest Sancho's and never used another mod.
Please attach the file, not a pic or copy/paste text but the actual file. I need more on that since that label is the VN's and I need to see what and where is calling it. All that shows is it was executed (at some unknown point) and RenPy can't find it.

Push this button to add a file when making a post:
1702678547729.png

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes