Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
That does sound complicated, thanks for considering it anyway.
and its kinda weird that you get about the same reaction from jade wether you went all the way or not with her while on Sage's path.
The dialogue is much different if you fucked Jade and either on Sage's path or not. The reaction is not the same, just an FYI

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hello, i need help. The game always close, after this scene
You've most likely done more than the installation instructions direct. It's just two steps, no more, no less:
  1. Install the VN unadulterated (unhacked/ren'd/cracked/etc).
  2. Install the contents of the mod zip inside the VN's "game" folder.
Don't do any other shenanigans, just those two steps. Done.

If needed, start the installation process from scratch (you can install inside a new directory if you're scared to delete your current, no problem). Report back.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I meant the party planning thing
Ahh... yes, the planning. The planning. The.. math. Yeah, no update yet. The randomized DIKS in the mid-screen are not playing nice with the variables I have to consider. I'll obviously need the dev to give us another one to use as a basis for control. Just like the Mansion cheat, there's no way to know all the math until at least two of the games are involved. We don't even know which bonuses are the most efficient yet. Bottom line: no update yet but I have a ton of notes behind the scenes and some base code to start with as it's sorted. Like the Mansion cheat this one won't be an easy "one-click" coding job as you can imagine, surely. Regards.

gamenok

Aug 4, 2019
Ahh... yes, the planning. The planning. The.. math. Yeah, no update yet. The randomized DIKS in the mid-screen are not playing nice with the variables I have to consider. I'll obviously need the dev to give us another one to use as a basis for control. Just like the Mansion cheat, there's no way to know all the math until at least two of the games are involved. We don't even know which bonuses are the most efficient yet. Bottom line: no update yet but I have a ton of notes behind the scenes and some base code to start with as it's sorted. Like the Mansion cheat this one won't be an easy "one-click" coding job as you can imagine, surely. Regards.
Yeah I can definitely imagine, especially with it being randomized. Thanks a a lot for the brief

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
This is fantastic, thanks for the work, just started new playthrough with sanchomod.

However, I can't find my main reason for installing it-some kind of music restoration to the original soundtrack which I saw mentioned in the thread. Is it a part of options?

-edit, nevermind, missed the small text link on header...

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Fuck. It just dawned on me to further assist folks from fucking themselves with cheats. Kemb's request (which I'm waiting on clarification) made me realize that I didn't revert Jade's events when swapping Branches. I can sort that out and once done I'll add it to the next pending maintenance update as well. This is important imho. I'll make it like the others that it will remember your loaded save's stats so it will revert correctly as you toggle through the Branches (like I did with the MayaJosy route). Meh, I'm fixing to get into the weeds describing the technicals, not necessary, I'm on it...
Good morning. Wall of text inbound (I'll put it all in a spoiler tag so you won't be bombarded unless you want to):

To update this little tidbit, I've sorted Jade when Branch changing and it works flawlessly and according to your currently loaded save/playthrough (SanchoCheats remembers your original variables so they revert properly when switching Branches with it's respective cheat).

Now, the complication came with Kemb's request to toggle Jade's affair On/Off... what a beast to code properly. Sure, I could have just made "FuckedJade" either On/Off but that's a disservice and one of the many reasons why folks ended up with broken saves from other products or methods used. I'll elaborate a bit:

While coding just this one cheat button feature I have to consider ALL of the following and adjust them all correctly to insure as pure a playthrough as possible and to insure you're not borked in the future:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You get the idea, right? The coding required to do all this certainly ain't no joke. Now, time for another cup of coffee and get back to it. Regards.

Edit: I've updated the FAQ and the OP's S3 DL section to reflect the pending maintenance update info/changelog.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kemb and deuxrayme

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
While polishing a bit more before I push out this next maintenance update, another thing in the back of my mind: What to do with the large SanchoStats in the future. Adding a third EventVariables is going to get really crowded. I can move a few items over permanently to MiscRelp to give a bit of space, but it's extremely minor in the grand scope of things.
1672937061085.png

I faced a similar issue with "Thirsty For My Guest" but was/am able to consolidate according to the transferred major choices but with BaDIK, the export data contains everything. Just another thing to deal with that I can see an aesthetic issue in the future.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Money for nothing and chicks for free...

Okay, for all those bitching and whining about the damn money cheat. Fuck it. I cave.

A proper money cheat that actually uses the dev's code (so there's no way you can bork it). It's automatically max adjusted according to your WalletLvl, it's changed in real-time (of course), and will hopefully stop the temper tantrums of late.

It took me a bit to find an appropriate MC dialogue screen for the teaser so, here it is:
1672957203749.png

Next to "Money" is what is changed by the adjustment bar, then integer in parenthesis "(x)" is what your Money was for reference as you adjust (some folks don't have very good memory, so there you go). In case you don't know, the wallet upgrades work like this (buy 'em, I ain't gonna make a cheat for it Sparky):
  • WalletLvl(0): Max Money is 5​
  • WalletLvl(1): Max Money is 6​
  • WalletLvl(2): Max Money is 8​
  • WalletLvl(3): Max Money is 10​
Yes, I know I coded this in S3 and folks want it in S1/S2... cut me some slack, It'll migrate just fine when I get done with S3 and get back to updating S1/S2 to modern Core code. I'll log this in the FAQ's "Pending Features". Hopefully I'll have a Crown & Coke or two and finish what I've planned for this maintenance update and get it pushed out this evening.

Regards.

TurkeyDinosaur

Jan 9, 2020
The dev is fucking you for using other mods or you changing things you shouldn't via the console. Search the VN's thread, it has nothing to do with SanchoMod bud.
Is there a way around this then? I tried to load my version from your mod into an unmodded version and it just kicked me back to the start of the episode.

Love the work you've done with the mod.

deuxrayme

Nov 4, 2018
Is there a way around this then? I tried to load my version from your mod into an unmodded version and it just kicked me back to the start of the episode.

Do you have multiple branches active? If so, at the end of S2, go with one branch. I haven't experienced this situation but I have seen posts saying Jill branch and another both active cause this scenario.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020

From what I see, the only way that segment can loop is due to you having more than one LI that is not compatible with the VN... like you tried to go all out harem or something. You tell me bud, I reckon you attempted an "all paths are a green light" hack of some type, either mod or console keyboard smacking.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Give me a bit to tidy things up... I almost fucked up and pushed out the maintenance update when the last process of the SOP I caught that the "ToldDerekJade" video variable was being left to True when switching to the Branch(MayaJosy) via SanchoCheats when it was active in another Branch from a loaded save... that would have been an issue later.

SOP aka Standard Operating Procedure... something I always use since I developed an ISO standard for one of my companies decades ago. It is a process of instructions/directions that when followed allows anyone reading them to insure they comply with the integrity level set by the author 100% of the time (unless they simply don't follow one of the items in the checklist). It insures the most professional and top-quality of a particular job-related task or tasks.

Ask JenMistress and a few others what happens when an SOP isn't utilized... where I bombed a release of "Summer Scent" and smoked everyone's VN startup to immediate crashes. It was a simple mistake that was embarrassing as hell. I had been pushing out updates regularly as I built the mod for folks to test publicly and pushed one out without testing at all (thinking my code as bulletproof) and BAM, instant regret that's forever on the internet.

Okay, enough story time... let me get this beast done and out to your hands. Remember, deets are in the FAQ and I'll try to make a comprehensive changelog when I make the update post.

Regards.

Jan 12, 2018
On the walkthrough when i go to " - go back to the main hall to start a scene with Jill and Isabella " at the end of the 36th free roam i got a loop of events, when jill meet bella outside and then bella meeting sage, josy and maya. Its looping and i cant progress, anyone know how to proceed?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod - Update (non-critical)
The "Money For Nothing and Chicks For Free" update
You spoke, I listened (mostly)

Links in OP and it's associated FAQ are updated accordingly.

Changlelog:
  • New feature - Added a new event cheat for "Ep4ToldDerekAboutJade". See mod FAQ for details.
  • New feature - Added more hidden magazine notifications. See mod FAQ for details.
  • New feature - Added automated code allowing Episode Summaries to reflect any alt-character name changes. See mod FAQ for details.
  • New feature - Even more improved VarCheats within SanchoCheats that are Branch specific. See mod FAQ for details.
  • New feature - Enhanced the MiniStat to automatically get out of the way during FreeRoam if there's a right-navigation arrow, hidden object, etc. See mod FAQ for details.
  • New feature - After listening to all the bitching and moaning I've coded a proper Money cheat that uses the dev's code so you can't bork it out. See mod FAQ for details.
  • So many minor tweaks I can't even begin to log them all.
Go get you some. Enjoy and regards as always.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
On the walkthrough when i go to " - go back to the main hall to start a scene with Jill and Isabella " at the end of the 36th free roam i got a loop of events, when jill meet bella outside and then bella meeting sage, josy and maya. Its looping and i cant progress, anyone know how to proceed?
Read two posts above yours. You fucked up and attempted a "harem" of some sorts... multiple LI's that isn't allowed in the VN. So, you either used another mod or hack in the past or changed things you shouldn't have in the console... only you know which. Doesn't have anything to do with SanchoMod bud, it has to do with whatever you did in the past.

Reactions: 230399

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Is it possible to change the Ep4 Told Derek About Jade event using the mod? or if not, using renpy console? I'd really like to walk back my choice of sharing the video of Jade and really don't feel like replaying 4 episodes just for that
What happens if you share the video? I could never bring myself to do it
it's about jade but not this one, on my Chick Sage playthrough i stopped sleeping with jade after her first scene and choose Maya/Josy at the party instead.
so i meant the first choice that puts me on her path
Good evening. Your requests have been fulfilled. They are one of the many new features available in the latest update. Go get you some. Regards.

Reactions: Kemb

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
While polishing a bit more before I push out this next maintenance update, another thing in the back of my mind: What to do with the large SanchoStats in the future. Adding a third EventVariables is going to get really crowded. I can move a few items over permanently to MiscRelp to give a bit of space, but it's extremely minor in the grand scope of things.

I faced a similar issue with "Thirsty For My Guest" but was/am able to consolidate according to the transferred major choices but with BaDIK, the export data contains everything. Just another thing to deal with that I can see an aesthetic issue in the future.
I would sort them by character in sub-stat-screens, that way, a player who has no interest in a specific path neednt see the vars displayed every time they check the stats screen - e.g. main stats screen would have links like "Jill Vars", "Maya Vars", "Jade Vars". A step beyond would be coding in a "favorite" feature where a player could have one of these sub-var-screens always displayed on the main stat screen. I realize this is a fair amount of work, but as far as the aethetically slick option, I think this is the way to do it without sacrificing information. While I like the sancho ministat screen now, it's almost beginning to suffer from the same fate in some game sections; with an overload of information - all useful, but more optional player customization to occlude certain stats would definitely clean up the appearance.

Also - who on earth needs a money cheat in this game lol? If you're doing the brawler and slide puzzles I cant remember the last time my wallet was less than max...

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 13 Votes