SesPal

Dec 21, 2022
Just an FYI for others impatient and searching like me; first launch takes a while. Pretty fast machine, but
"
Bootstrap to the start of init.init took 0.05s
Early init took 0.00s
Loader init took 0.06s
Loading error handling took 0.07s
Loading script took 0.66s
Loading save slot metadata. took 0.36s
Loading persistent took 0.00s
Imported steam.
Failed to initialize steam.
Imported steam.
Failed to initialize steam.
Set script version to: (7, 4, 10)
- Init at scripts/discord/setupRPC.rpyc:1 took 196.67697 s.
Running init code took 196.91s"
At least three minutes with no evidence of life

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Let's talk about who's a DIK and who's a CHICK.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Based Sage who comes out with her head held high and breaks the Walk of Shame by herself... vs virgin Jill who doesn't evolve with MC, is shy and needs protection under his skirt.:p

Smackotron

Apr 15, 2020
Let's talk about who's a DIK and who's a CHICK.

I love to see an alternate opinion on this - props up to you brother!

CHICK path with Jill makes sense because MC would be in touch with his and her emotions - that's why he stands up for her, he would rather be mocked than letting her being uncomfortable in that scenario - seeing this being a CHICK path, we are not being cocky or rude to our brothers - we are simply standing up for her.

With Sage it's the other way around - as a DIK we are not caring what she does when it comes to our brothers - we let her establish the grounds of our relationship, with us being a freshman and her knowing the guys for 2+ years - we trust her to do the right thing for her, and inevitably letting her mock our brothers by establishing some dominance over THEM, not US. This is not about wearing pants in this relationship - this is still about being fuck buddies, but in official capacity (also a possible conflict of characters' dominance going further).

always86

Mar 19, 2020
Honestly I understand why people feel underwhelmed by ep9 - I thought so too after finishing my blind playthrough (which happens to be DIK Sage path) and felt a little sad by the same points that the majority of disappointed people highlight - seems underwhelming, not a lot of content compared to ep8, no meaningful plot advancement, too much free roam etc...
So I have replayed the whole game 6 times over the span of several days covering all major branches, and now I appreciate ep9 for what it is - an opening to Season 3.
By now we can all agree that we can trust the good Doctor when it comes to storytelling, and we needed this party tailored to all of the branches for each of them to work when it comes to the bigger picture - yes, that meant less content for a single branch, and it was heart-breaking to see the breakups when you are emotionally invested in each of the relationships across multiple saves, but honestly I feel that people who complain the most just have 1 or 2 saves and did not get to experience all of the content.

Going forwards seeing that we have "cheat" points introduced now, we will see most (or maybe even all/depending on choices?) branches overlap at some stage and from both story and development perspective that makes sense. Will MC feel like crap about cheating? Yes he most certainly will, but that's classic DrPinkCake play on emotions.
Ep8 had everything - character development, plot advancement, relationships advancement (or rather choices and consequences wrap up), plot twists and plenty of sexy content because it was a season finale, that is what it needed to be. Ep12 will be the same, and the brand new journey towards that has just begun. Interlude provided plot advancement (or whatever you wish to call it - it still was a plot heavy release), and now we get the sex focused episode. Ep10 will either be plot focused or balanced for sure (Christmas party will probably be in ep11 or 12 unless it's rushed).

I don't feel disappointed anymore - I feel excited for what's to come - each branch ended on amazingly great cliff-hanger alongside Derek's discovery(the battery in the bug is low, so that's why it was not flashing before and he did not notice it sooner), can't wait to explore them all further!!! ("don't fall in love with me" struck a special chord for me)

That being said even further branching with the new LI girls (that being said who the fuck is that blue-eyed masked girl? very mysterious) might seem like a red flag to development times, but theories aside we shall see the impact of that in ep10 for sure.

In conclusion - don't get your DIK soft, brothers - this is still THE best VN out there. Cheers to the good Doctor!

PS:
I think most people think it’s underwhelming for a couple of reasons. 1 is the fact that it’s 90% free roam at one event. 2. is that it doesn’t feel bigger than any other episode despite taking 9 months to develop. 3. They don’t feel the plot was moved forward.

I tend to disagree on the first and third point. I do think it doesn’t feel consequentially larger as to justify it’s extra 3 months in development from the previous releases.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: BigBlueDude

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
I guess we'll see the answer in this season - hopefully! It does make sense from asset utilisation perspective, but I honestly think she would have given us (as players) some sort of clue if it was indeed Ellie behind that mask - MC is pretty recognisable in that outfit, and from storytelling perspective it does not make sense if she stays incognito at that moment unless she has some ulterior motive.
My first gut feeling was that it's 'Priscilla', the girl Burke calls after Maya blabbers about the free tuition. Maybe she is the OG former HOT who set the "pussy for tuition" scheme up back in the day and now she uses the chance to wear a costume to quiz people and get Burke some info. It's also very suspicious that our only convo with her is in the same room where Derek finds the surveillance device. I mean you gotta assume Burke is smart enough to figure our that Maya told the MC about it, so damage control + information ? All speculation obviously, but DPC having Burke mention her without any need for it, kinda makes me wanna believe it was the first bread crumb.

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
Any good theories on what happened at bellas during Christmas? A past event or future one?
To me it's a flashback and I think it's the event where her and James relationship went to shit. This christmas evening was a family and friends meeting. I think she and James fucked with Stephen Burke and Cathy like Jade suggest in various scenes during the game. On this day this topic cames up and James gone wild because he couldn't handle this. Maybe he slapped or punches Isabella. After this he leaves.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
The most common theory is it is Ellie, the cosmo drinking girl from Swyper. In Swyper her location was only 5 miles away. She has those blue eyes and her body fits too.
I doubt it, since generally the game requires the player to have some actual contact on Swyper, with specific outcome, in order to unlock further interactions with given character. But for the ghoul girl no such check is made, she's always there on the Others branch no matter what.

Reactions: Tremonia

schinoize

Jun 8, 2021
It's also very suspicious that our only convo with her is in the same room where Derek finds the surveillance device. I mean you gotta assume Burke is smart enough to figure our that Maya told the MC about it, so damage control + information ? All speculation obviously, but DPC having Burke mention her without any need for it, kinda makes me wanna believe it was the first bread crumb.
If you're not on the Others branch, you don't talk to her at all though. So unless there will be more bread crumbs on other paths as well, I doubt she's got something to do with the camera.

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
I love to see an alternate opinion on this - props up to you brother!
Interesting suggestions, bud! But I think a real man has the balls to stand up for his girl and a pussy let her fight their fights. Maybe I understood DIK and CHICK wrong the whole time. I thought a DIK is more manly in his behaviour and a CHICK a little bit submissive.

Reactions: Mootsin

Starrky

Nov 20, 2021
To me it's a flashback and I think it's the event where her and James relationship went to shit. This christmas evening was a family and friends meeting. I think she and James fucked with Stephen Burke and Cathy like Jade suggest in various scenes during the game. On this day this topic cames up and James gone wild because he couldn't handle this. Maybe he slapped or punches Isabella. After this he leaves.
And here I was hoping for some type of lovers spat with MC and his LI with Zoey somehow

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
If you're not on the Others branch, you don't talk to her at all though. So unless there will be more bread crumbs on other paths as well, I doubt she's got something to do with the camera.
With the path's going wider and wider I'm pretty sure DPC writes the story under the assumption that players play at least a few if not all paths and that elements of the story will continue to be spread over more than 1 path. I mean how else will he ever be able to handle it ? We are at 5 now, + potentials on Josy + Maya + Nicole + Lily + Rio + Zoey. So a certain element only appearing on 1 path should not lower its significance.

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
I doubt it, since generally the game requires the player to have some actual contact on Swyper, with specific outcome, in order to unlock further interactions with given character. But for the ghoul girl no such check is made, she's always there on the Others branch no matter what.
I think in another way. She's not there for MC. Ellie has her own life and maybe she's some friend of some of the girls she's talking with during the free roam.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I thought a DIK is more manly in his behaviour and a CHICK a little bit submissive.
DIK is more along of the classic masculine tropes (treating women like little else but a set of holes and sporting easily bruised ego) while CHICK isn't afraid to show compassion and interact with women like with human beings they are. The latter doesn't mean submissive per se, more like just gives less shit about the whole dominance nonsense that's so important to insecure boys.

4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes