PickerLewd

Dec 22, 2022
Because it's really strange an appliance with low battery power is lightning up like a Xmas tree every few seconds....
Derek sleeping there about 1/3 of the time was not the reason it went off, he's been sleeping there for 6 or 7 weeks so what is different to all these nights before when it did not light up? You're using an argument why he witnessed it, that by itself has no connection to anything happening with the detector...

It's electrical, it needs power, so it's either batteries low or it is connected to the electricity network, it's really that easy.
Derek sleeping there or not is not a factor, the only thing that matters is he is there to witness the detector going off or not.
So what makes more sense? The batteries running out exactly that moment or the fact the power was off that day?
I still think it makes more sense it was a result of main power been off then batteries running out just that moment...

Edit : Seems there's spycam smoke detectors available on batteries or the normal electricity net. Most work with movement detection and wifi storage.
Possibly the mysterious black box is the storage device.... Technically it seems possible, (google : Amber, Latticeworks )
So another reason the detector goes off could be "wifi connection lost", however that still means batteries in the black box ended pretty much exactly at the time of the party.... So imho still very low chance of that happening exactly that moment....
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Haha
Reactions: vogelbeest

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
My post :

Normally a fire detector works on batteries, however i doubt batteries are an option when there's a camera in there....
Possibly it's connected to the electricity network and it got an error due to main power switch off at the party....
Only explanation that's somewhat valid since running out of batteries that exact moment seems highly unlikely.

Your answer :

Why...? Lol It's no less likely than any other moment. It's not like there was some incredible significance behind that moment, it just happened to go off while Derek was in the room sleeping, which I could only assume is at least 1/3 of the time (8 hours out of 24)... Thats actually pretty damn likely lol.
Next :

I didn't say it was the reason it went off... Why would you assume the argument I was trying to make is that the light went off because Derek was there? That's like the farthest thing from what I said and doesnt even make sense for you to assume thats what I was trying to argue. What I did say is that it was fairly likely that Derek would be in his room when it went off considering Derek is in his room MORE THAN 1/3 of the day.
My argument : since running out of batteries that exact moment seems highly unlikely.

Your answer : it just happened to go off while Derek was in the room sleeping, which I could only assume is at least 1/3 of the time (8 hours out of 24)... Thats actually pretty damn likely lol.

Perhaps that is why this discussion seems te derail somewhat, no offense ;)

In fact, I have a better question for you: if the light for the camera was going off because the electrical went out earlier in the day, why did it take so long for it to start going off? The power went out before Derek went to bed, but the light starts blinking after Derek is asleep, or at least attempting to sleep. Don't you think if it was related to the power turning off that it would be blinking since the power turned off? Don't you think Derek would have noticed that before getting into bed? But you think its less likely that the battery could have run out at any particular time?
Good point indeed and yes, i still think it's highly unlikely this camera batteries running low exactly that moment....
One possibility that comes to mind is the spycam works on movement so Derek activated it when entering his room.
These devices use wifi to send pictures to a storage, due to earlier power down possibly the router needs a reset....

The story needs to make sense, we have known there's a blackmailer, we have known there's a hidden camera in Derek's room, we know Vinnie switched the power off, was looking for something in MC's room, then camera is found by Derek...
All these things are connected and there is a logical explanation as to why and when everything happened like this....
It would be really sloppy explaining from DPC if the camera just went off since batteries low if you know this has been awaited for that long..... If it was totally random DPC could have let Derek find that camera in the start of episode 10...
Or i'm just hoping it makes sense lol, i dunno..

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
In fact, I have a better question for you: if the light for the camera was going off because the electrical went out earlier in the day, why did it take so long for it to start going off? The power went out before Derek went to bed, but the light starts blinking after Derek is asleep, or at least attempting to sleep. Don't you think if it was related to the power turning off that it would be blinking since the power turned off? Don't you think Derek would have noticed that before getting into bed? But you think its less likely that the battery could have run out at any particular time?
The electricity didn't go out earlier in the day, it went out a few hours before the party finished by which time everyone and especially Derek was so pissed, he probably couldn't see shit plus the light most probably wouldn't have been turned off until he went to bed, that's even if he took himself to bed and someone didn't carry him there and just turned the light off as they left.

The electricity going out probably reset the camera and it's waiting to be reconnected to whatever Wi-Fi network it's connected to, which is why it was flashing, the same way a digital alarm clock flashes when it resets.

JohnnyBlazePT

Nov 3, 2021
I think she can still get out of it. The game didn't tell. But she probably haven't any police record yet. And the "prostitution" business, is something that she isn't the head, Burke is. Neither she is the head of the drug business. SHe is just a dealer, a small fry.

People like her can get away with it by giving information or testifying against them. These are the kind of people the police likes to use. Because they have something against them, but what they have against them is still minimal. She is a small fish. And she is discovering love. That will probably change her.

She as a first time offender wouldn't get a heavy penalty or anything. There are a lot of material to work on her case and I just wanna wait and see how DPC will work on it.
it would be funny if it was quinn whom was working for the cops :KEK: :KEK:
maybe to bail out her father, it would be a nice plot twist

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Ilhares

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
The Quinn route is my now favourite route, took me a while to get past all the locks to actually get to finish Halloween in her bed and then what she asks the MC to help her with and the phone message the MC sees on her phone. It's going to be interesting indeed.

DanMotta

Dec 7, 2022
I mean she is actually selling drugs to people like sally, etc. That is not the kind of job an undercover cop would or could do. they can only engage on something illegal if it is gonna result on arrest of the actual criminals. As we see from Quinn so far, she sell drugs to students, she is commiting a crime, so she is deffo not a cop.

But I still see many ways she can get away with it, or have a light sentence.

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
I mean she is actually selling drugs to people like sally, etc. That is not the kind of job an undercover cop would or could do. they can only engage on something illegal if it is gonna result on arrest of the actual criminals. As we see from Quinn so far, she sell drugs to students, she is commiting a crime, so she is deffo not a cop.

It's called a CI. A criminal informant. She actually could be doing everything she is and still be working for the cops. I doubt it, but it's not outside the realm of possibility.

Reactions: Zareem

buggs

Apr 24, 2020
My argument : since running out of batteries that exact moment seems highly unlikely.

Your answer : it just happened to go off while Derek was in the room sleeping, which I could only assume is at least 1/3 of the time (8 hours out of 24)... Thats actually pretty damn likely lol.

Perhaps that is why this discussion seems te derail somewhat, no offense ;)
I'm still not understanding how this is what derails the conversation? I didn't focus on this quote earlier cuz I just think its irrelevant:
Normally a fire detector works on batteries, however i doubt batteries are an option when there's a camera in there....
Possibly it's connected to the electricity network and it got an error due to main power switch off at the party....
When a spy camera is placed in something that thing is often replaced with a dummy version of the object. Whether or not the fire detector works on batteries has nothing to do with it. The "fire detector" doesn't even have to be a real fire detector anymore, its simply the casing to conceal the camera. So the argument that "Well the fire alarm can't use batteries because there's a camera there so the camera is probably connected to the electricity network" is just nonsense that I didn't really even feel like addressing.

My main issue was with you saying it's unlikely simply to run out at that moment. So yeah, "Your argument" and "My answer" mentioned in the first quote are directly related. What is derailing the conversation there?
we know Vinnie switched the power off, was looking for something in MC's room
I wouldn't really say we know either of these things. Sure, he was probably looking for something in MC's room, but that's not nearly explicitly stated, and Vinnie shutting off the power is even less certain.
It would be really sloppy explaining from DPC if the camera just went off since batteries low if you know this has been awaited for that long
No, it wouldn't. Idk why people pretend that good writing is only convoluted explanations. Coincidences happen literally all the time and this is not even that big of a coincidence. In the book "Great Expectations" by Charles Dickens, Pip randomly meets a dingy old man in a graveyard on Christmas Eve, which sets the plot of the story in motion. There's no reason for Magwitch, the dingy old man, to meet Pip specifically, he's just there and so is Magwitch, so he does because that's how the story is written. Thats how every story is written. Just like there's no specific reason for why Derek is there for when the camera battery goes out, he just is.
If it was totally random DPC could have let Derek find that camera in the start of episode 10...
If it was totally random, I could have just flipped tails on a quarter instead of heads. But I didn't, I flipped heads. That's not a highly unlikely situation, that's how things work...

JohnnyBlazePT

Nov 3, 2021

im not saying she is a cop, more like a informer or something
i dont think it will be but would be funny

EunBi

Nov 15, 2018
So, I follow a lot of gamer streamers on twitter. And most of the time you end up running into pictures of streamer girls in undies, bikinis or even half naked. But this girl, she reminds of my favorite Being a DIK character and I couldn't just let it pass without sharing it with you. Now guess who I am talking about... View attachment 2274064
It reminds me of a model who ressembles to Sage to perfection

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
I wouldn't really say we know either of these things. Sure, he was probably looking for something in MC's room, but that's not nearly explicitly stated, and Vinnie shutting off the power is even less certain.
I'm fairly certain we see Vinny outside just before the Preps turn up and that is just after the power is restored. I don't think Vinny was looking for anything in particular in the MCs room, I think he was in there for nostalgic reasons and does what he always does and starts trashing shit.

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
im not saying she is a cop, more like a informer or something
i dont think it will be but would be funny
If you're a police informant, you're probably not allowed to commit felonies. She's running a drug and prostitution ring. The only way she is getting out of that is turning State witness.

buggs

Apr 24, 2020
The electricity didn't go out earlier in the day, it went out a few hours before the party finished by which time everyone and especially Derek was so pissed, he probably couldn't see shit plus the light most probably wouldn't have been turned off until he went to bed, that's even if he took himself to bed and someone didn't carry him there and just turned the light off as they left.

The electricity going out probably reset the camera and it's waiting to be reconnected to whatever Wi-Fi network it's connected to, which is why it was flashing, the same way a digital alarm clock flashes when it resets.
I want to preface my comment by saying I don't think this explanation is dumb, wrong, or unlikely, but I just don't get how someone would think the battery running out is less likely comparatively. There's quite a bit of mental gymnastics you had to go through there to explain why Derek wouldn't see it before going to bed. It's not an insane amount of mental gymnastics, no, but like of the two prevailing theories, one requires you to draw up a scenario where a DIK brother is carrying Derek because he's too drunk, doesn't notice the blinking light himself, and Derek is still sober enough to be irritated by a light after being carried upstairs, whereas the other requires you to say "Yeah the battery ran out". I mean... Occam's Razor.

buggs

Apr 24, 2020
I'm fairly certain we see Vinny outside just before the Preps turn up and that is just after the power is restored. I don't think Vinny was looking for anything in particular in the MCs room, I think he was in there for nostalgic reasons and does what he always does and starts trashing shit.
I think Vinny being outside after the power is restored is even more reason to believe he wasn't the one who messed with the lights, at least personally. As far as Vinny being in MC's room, I agree, although I think there's a more likely chance that him "being in there for nostalgic reasons" is a misdirection for him actually being in there to find something than the chance that Vinny being outside after the power is restored is a misdirection from him being inside before the power goes out.

Reactions: dav3knight

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
I want to preface my comment by saying I don't think this explanation is dumb, wrong, or unlikely, but I just don't get how someone would think the battery running out is less likely comparatively. There's quite a bit of mental gymnastics you had to go through there to explain why Derek wouldn't see it before going to bed. It's not an insane amount of mental gymnastics, no, but like of the two prevailing theories, one requires you to draw up a scenario where a DIK brother is carrying Derek because he's too drunk, doesn't notice the blinking light himself, and Derek is still sober enough to be irritated by a light after being carried upstairs, whereas the other requires you to say "Yeah the battery ran out". I mean... Occam's Razor.
If someone carried Derek to his room, they may well have been drunk as well and the light was on, then he left, people usually turn lights of as they walk through the door as that's normally where the light switch is.

4.80 star(s) 1,531 Votes