Better Cock Spock

Jul 29, 2017
DPC does it to contrast the MC's stupidity with how much smarter the other characters are compared to him. He thinks that the players will also be baffled by the wording that those characters choose to use and that it'll invoke a feeling of overwhelmedness in them, because he doesn't realize that complicated words good writing.
For Jade and Bella at least, that's 100% intentional.
He's probably not really thinking about the things you said, with them he just wants to use fancier vocabulary regardless of whether people like or not I think.
He should have Magnar force everyone to speak in Old English when playing D&G :HideThePain:

Better Cock Spock

Jul 29, 2017
Oh it's much worse than that. There's always these little 'informative' monologues, on the most mundane topics imaginable that will make you want to gnaw your leg off to escape.

Consider this, his writing is so bad that it's forced me to defend DPC's writing
He also does the worst shit regarding the Asian characters in Sunshine Love, playing up the stereotypes. And this isn't specific to him either.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
This is a small complaint but I wanted to just voice it. DPC has this annoying habit of making intelligent or educated characters overly verbose and much too technical with their choice of words. It doesn't happen too often, but when it does it's just so goddamn unnatural.

This little phenomenon reminds me of a small running gag in Star Trek, where Spock will say something in a highly nerdy fashion like the fucking nerd he is, and someone else—usually Bones—will simplify his statement or call him out, to which Spock replies "I believe that is what I said." There's a similar thing where he gets confused by human sayings, as does Data.
Well, it might simply happen because DPC is not a native English speaker.

KАRАMBA

Engaged Member
Jan 6, 2021
That's the funniest shit I've seen today.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
What a blasphemy.:cautious:
scar-oh-my.gif
It's just that you can't comprehend the true genius of Divine Quinn - sacrificing the unimportant to gain initiative. :WeSmart:
She loses to Rox to make him feel like a cool smartass. :rolleyes:
And after that, he will tell her how to use the safe in which he keeps the money. :whistle:
Praise the Divine Quinn! :love::love::love:
bandicam 2023-12-03 16-10-00-743.jpg

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
Someone do the maths for us , clearly we are lacking numbers or am i blind .

We had all the crucial numbers last DEV report... not really realistic that he is posting those numbers every week.

3111 static render done, 220 animations posed (and some of them are still running in the animation render queue)

Overall, it will most likely be a Episode with around 6200 static render and about 300-330 animations. So... lets say, we are at 60-65% completion of the episode at this point. The actual DEV Cycle ist at 6 months now, its pretty easy to say we have still around 3-4 months ahead of us. October-Release is a good guess i think. If you are more on the pesimistic side it might be november too.

to me even october is a little too long. But the episode is again the biggest so far, so i can live with it... IF the progress is good plotwise. Last episode delivered on that part, so... i think episode 11 will deliver even more in that regard, and it kinda needs to cause there is only one episode left after this one for this season.

Better Cock Spock

Jul 29, 2017
What a blasphemy.:cautious:
View attachment 3737045
It's just that you can't comprehend the true genius of Divine Quinn - sacrificing the unimportant to gain initiative. :WeSmart:
She loses to Rox to make him feel like a cool smartass. :rolleyes:
And after that, he will tell her how to use the safe in which he keeps the money. :whistle:
Praise the Divine Quinn! :love::love::love:
View attachment 3737046
Don't get me wrong, I love my little broccoli babe, but "puppet master" is just absurd.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: KАRАMBA

L1m1tl3ss

Sep 27, 2023
I hope that whoever does the fan remake fixes things like that.
I find it funny whenever I play this game and DPC reuses the same exact words all the time. "Boosting/boosted our morale" ", no?" ", huh?". I still remember when Quinn said "Says the master to their student." to Tommy and it took me days to figure out what the fuck that meant because of the awkward interjection. Sometimes, it's as if he thinks he can translate phrases from Swedish to English and still keep the original meaning intact. I'm also pretty sure that he thinks most players are under the impression that he's actually British and not Swedish because of some post that I saw a long time ago where a user mentioned that DPC has a weird obsession with the British economy and is always complaining about it on the Discord server (I'm assuming that it was Discord). Not to mention his jokes about British people in the game which originally led people to believe that he's probably British himself.

Reactions: Better Cock Spock

Better Cock Spock

Jul 29, 2017
I find it funny whenever I play this game and DPC reuses the same exact words all the time. "Boosting/boosted our morale" ", no?" ", huh?". I still remember when Quinn said "Says the master to their student." to Tommy and it took me days to figure out what the fuck that meant because of the awkward interjection. Sometimes, it's as if he thinks he can translate phrases from Swedish to English and still keep the original meaning intact. I'm also pretty sure that he thinks most players are under the impression that he's actually British and not Swedish because of some post that I saw a long time ago where a user mentioned that DPC has a weird obsession with the British economy and is always complaining about it on the Discord server (I'm assuming that it was Discord). Not to mention his jokes about British people in the game which originally led people to believe that he's probably British himself.
I think everyone makes British jokes though, and jokes about their teeth are not new or uncommon.

And that phrase is easy enough to understand, although I think it's a bit different in America.

Reactions: L1m1tl3ss
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes