Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
does getting rep with the jocks lead to anything? what about the DIKs?
The jocks not for now, I think, maybe in the future. For the DIKS it affects some dialogue, makes you able to decline to put the dildo on your head the first day (if you're on the DIK path, the CHICK path can decline too). Stuff like that.

Vordertur

Jul 21, 2017
The setting feels like any generic US college minus the added prostitution and "big" time drug dealing drama. I would believe it if he's never been in the US. If he wanted to mimic US colleges, there would probably be more talk of financial aid for Maya :ROFLMAO:
You jest, but a lot of it does read like someone who never went through the U.S. higher education system themselves. I mean, sure, a lot of the experiences kind of... transcend national boundaries. (The idea of guys wanting to get laid is something that goes beyond borders.) But a lot of what's in the game just feels like "I watched Animal House and Revenge of the Nerds, and that's totally what going to college in America is like, isn't it?"

And, to be fair, if you're at a school with a Greek system, it just might be.

Reactions: DrackDrap

Vordertur

Jul 21, 2017
There might be talk of it, but I doubt she would qualify just because her father (who could) doesn't want to pay it.
Eh, maybe, maybe not?

Thing is, if she's still "drawing support" from her family, as in, she lives with her parents, they pay for her food and housing (or at least contribute a significant portion to supporting her in that sense) then yes. Probably. Any lending organization (i.e. bank) or government grant organization would probably argue that she doesn't qualify for "need-based financial aid."

On the other hand, if she's of majority age, no longer living with her parents - i.e. if they disowned her or some such and she's supporting herself, then it's possible she might just be able to get some kind of assistance from "official" sources.

Reactions: DrackDrap

Tumai

Sep 1, 2019
The jocks not for now, I think, maybe in the future. For the DIKS it affects some dialogue, makes you able to decline to put the dildo on your head the first day (if you're on the DIK path, the CHICK path can decline too). Stuff like that.
The DIK hat depends on your alignment, not the frat rep points.

Darkmetal

Jul 6, 2019
While DPC can perhaps write a completely authentic Swedish college experience (with everyone authentically speaking Swedish, referencing Swedish pop culture and slang), all that will do is reduce his potential market by 99% :p.

The power of the English language and as vir_cotto pointed out, the power of hollywood compels the vast majority of games to be set in some generic US (or occasionally UK) setting. That's why even games written in Engrish so bad that one can hardly understand what's going on (and one knows for sure the Dev has never set foot in an English speaking country) are still set in some random town/random school USA.

The setting feels like any generic US college minus the added prostitution and "big" time drug dealing drama. I would believe it if he's never been in the US.
Indeed, indeed. Fun fact, only 14% of f95 users live in N.America survey says , so for the other 86%, interpreting whether DPC depicts things correctly or not is itself based on their/our interpretation from watching of US movies and TV shows o_O. So if we go with authenticy compared to American Pie, Animal House, Flatliners, Spider-man 2, Monster U, Good Will Hunting, The Skrulls etc. I think DPC is doing well enough :LOL:

Blablablafapper

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
While DPC can perhaps write a completely authentic Swedish college experience (with everyone authentically speaking Swedish, referencing Swedish pop culture and slang), all that will do is reduce his potential market by 99% :p.

The power of the English language and as vir_cotto pointed out, the power of hollywood compels the vast majority of games to be set in some generic US (or occasionally UK) setting. That's why even games written in Engrish so bad that one can hardly understand what's going on (and one knows for sure the Dev has never set foot in an English speaking country) are still set in some random town/random school USA.

Indeed, indeed. Fun fact, only 14% of f95 users live in N.America survey says , so for the other 86%, interpreting whether DPC depicts things correctly or not is itself based on their/our interpretation from watching of US movies and TV shows o_O. So if we go with authenticy compared to American Pie, Animal House, Flatliners, Spider-man 2, Monster U, Good Will Hunting, The Skrulls etc. I think DPC is doing well enough :LOL:
do we know for sure that DPC is from Sweden or Europe for that matter?

Sep 21, 2017
I replayed it again and being a "gentleman" to bella's mansion furniture, during my drunken tirade...I noticed that we don't actually get anything :( my drunken dickbag self gets a peek at bella's boobs and ass...but our "drunken gentleman" route has nothing :(

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
I replayed it again and being a "gentleman" to bella's mansion furniture, during my drunken tirade...I noticed that we don't actually get anything :( my drunken dickbag self gets a peek at bella's boobs and ass...but our "drunken gentleman" route has nothing :(
I suppose that kind of attitude will pay off in the long run, not everything should have immediate rewards.

Minengeschoss

Nov 25, 2018

Indeed. I could also add that Sweden is a relatively small country, and because Swedish programmes aren't numerous enough to fill nearly all TV spots, they have a lot of foreign TV series airing, always have had. Not only American, but also British, German, French, Spanish and so on.
Additionally, Sweden is one of the countries in the world where English proficiency is very high, partly because Sweden never used dubbing in their television. This leads to Swedes having much contact with the English language. All this is true also for neighbouring countries.

Finally, DPC said that he's a huge fan of college movies, American Pie etc, and wanted specifically to create an US college game.

IDK for certain if DPC is Swedish, but I have a very strong feeling that he is.

E.l.l.0

Feb 1, 2018
Additionally, Sweden is one of the countries in the world where English proficiency is very high, partly because Sweden never used dubbing in their television. This leads to Swedes having much contact with the English language. All this is true also for neighbouring countries.
The same is true for other European countries that aren't necessarily bordering Sweden, like Portugal. But like I said in a previous post, The Friday Prophets are from Sweden. The song from BADIK's main theme is by them, as well as other punk rock songs in the game. This doesn't mean anything, though; it's just a remark.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
It's not as though there are no consequences to your choice here.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Of course, everything affected by 'peeking' could be offset by many other choices made. Just beware!

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes