Roelandt

Jul 10, 2020
No if you didn't fight Caleb, Dawe will not have the opportunity to sucker punch.

It's the same as that argument in which if MC did not kiss Sage, Mel and Sarah's conversation I not happen.
Yep! You're right StormBringer. Dawe doesn't hit him if you Walk Away. I stand corrected.

Dude, you discovered a Temporal Paradox! A Rift in the Space-Time Continuum! Oh NOOOOS!

Dec 20, 2019
Well, as I said before and will say again now, I think he used the bruised version because it's more amusing, not because they're acknowledging it's the "canon" version of events. Ep 5 had a bruised and non-bruised Jamie and ep 6 will have the same for this Rooster post and other renders featuring him.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yea, I heard you the first time. Just echoing my own sentiments of when that Twitter first came out.:p

Roelandt

Jul 10, 2020
What made me started the canonical question in the first place is the Twitter post by DPC with Jamie and his bruised nose bridge. To me that's basically him acknowledging the Caleb fight as the official story. That is something that could have easily cause a temporal collapse to the DIKverse as we know it. :LOL:

(Sorry, this is what happens after watching Daily lives of an immortal king)
So to summarize regarding canonizing...I feel that the literary...um. Ah hem. I felt that, um....

What was I talking about? I seem to be distracted somehow.

ep5_reward_jill_2.jpg

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
So to summarize regarding canonizing...I feel that the literary...um. Ah hem. I felt that, um....

What was I talking about? I seem to be distracted somehow.

View attachment 748815
I'm probably most curious to see how the Jill storyline progresses out of all the main girls. She has the least amount of drama in her life (that we know of) compared to everyone else so it's going to interesting to see what direction DPC takes her in.

Roelandt

Jul 10, 2020
QUESTION: How in the heck do you get the Riona lewd scene in Episode 5 on the balcony of the Preps mansion? I've run through the game about...what...a bizillon times and never get the option.

flippityflop

Jun 29, 2020
QUESTION: How in the heck do you get the Riona lewd scene in Episode 5 on the balcony of the Preps mansion? I've run through the game about...what...a bizillon times and never get the option.
You need to confront her and to have previously used Quinn's restaurant. I think accepting Quinn's invitation at the end of episode 3 might also be one of the requirements, but don't quote me on that.

Roelandt

Jul 10, 2020
I think Jill and Rusty date didn't work because its during Hell Week. I think rusty tried to do something she didn't like.
She actually said what the reason was in Episode 5. She said on their date, the other DIKs came around he started acting like them and practically forgot she was there. "You know how men act around other men," she said (or something like that).

Jul 23, 2020
She actually said what the reason was in Episode 5. She said on their date, the other DIKs came around he started acting like them and practically forgot she was there. "You know how men act around other men," she said (or something like that).
ahh shit i forgot about that!!:LOL::LOL:

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
It could have significance on the Sage route. It could have long term relevance on the Sage storyline. The routes have to diverge at some point.

It also could become a common plot element, just because the girls don’t see the MC if you’re on other routes doesn’t mean their actions won’t still happen. The girls clearly want to tell Chad and break them up. The scene where they see MC/Sage talking implies they’ve spoken about MC before. They’ve some vested interest in the Sage/Chad relationship and their entire motivation isn’t born of just seeing them together in that moment.

Theres more than one way to skin a cat. If DPC does want to make Mel/Sarah breaking Chad and Sage up a “canon” plot point shared across routes he can. Just because that is a scene isolated to Sages route doesn’t automatically make it irrelevant. The game makes a big deal about Bella letting you call her Bella... being able to call her Bella wasn’t part of the common “canon” before Ep5 because it only happened on her route. Come Ep5 the game finds another way and has Bella like you because you helped with Cathy.

Sage herself is brought back into the fold regardless of being fuck buddies. We obviously shouldn’t assume stuff seen on one routes is also true on other routes but to dismiss it entirely is also unfair because DPC has shown he will homogenise routes. There’s just no way of knowing what will and won’t stay on routes.
DPC has the power to make more or less anything happen, but that does not mean he can make it happen well.

The problem is that Sage and the MC passionately kissing is a legitimately big deal to Chad (either because he does have genuine feelings for Sage buried deep down, or because letting such a public challenge go unanswered would undermine the useful fiction that he cares about Sage). It would be a very natural spark to ignite a new conflict between Chad and the MC... if it happens.

If DPC wants that conflict either way, he will need a backup spark that can start the conflict for non-Sage-path MCs, or suppliment the conflict for Sage-path MCs. But that creates a new problem. If the backup spark is a minor issue, it will make the subsequent conflict feel utterly overblown - much like the MC angrily storming out on Maya and Josy felt hollow when players had declined to interact with them much. On the other hand, if the backup spark IS a big deal, it will run the risk of overwhelming the original spark. Those on the Sage-path could feel that their connection with Sage is being trivialized, because the overall story won't have anything to do with their actual relationship.

In short, I think trying to force both paths through the same events risks satisfying neither side. Better to either unify the path leading up to those events, or customize the events for each path.

Last edited:

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
BADIK hides it well, but at times it feels like the story of M&J and the MC who ended up being much more. In essence all LI weren't created equal :ROFLMAO: . That makes me wonder how DPC feels when the two main girls tank in popularity and the last minute addition wins every poll.
I've long felt that Maya and Josy have had a much larger impact on the MC that the other girls. I'm not sure if that was a conscious choice on DPCs part, or that all the girls will wind up sucking the MC into a vortex of drama and they just happened to be the first in the queue.

As with many other topics, I'm hopeful Episode 6 will finally point us towards some answers.

Reactions: Wizard_Shiryuu

ExDeath730

Jan 29, 2018
I've long felt that Maya and Josy have had a much larger impact on the MC that the other girls. I'm not sure if that was a conscious choice on DPCs part, or that all the girls will wind up sucking the MC into a vortex of drama and they just happened to be the first in the queue.

As with many other topics, I'm hopeful Episode 6 will finally point us towards some answers.
Their presence in episode 5 was a lot more subdued than in the first season. Something tells me that now we get to the other girls dramas. Probably Sage will be next with Chad's break up, Heather's coup and Quinn's betrayal, and Jill and Bella will probably follow.

I have a feeling Bella will be the last one to have her "moment", but it could be Jill, since she was the last one added in the game and such.

One more thing, M&J drama is not over, we still have Maya's dad to deal with, Tommy and his little sister complex and Monica as the evil stepmother (or not) and finally the tuition drama were we introduce Maya to the idea of having a job and not believing that there is such thing as free lunch, etc...

chronomate

Jun 5, 2020
I believe the requirements are as follows:
1) Order "sushi" (Riona) from Quinn's restaurant at some point.
2) Talk to Riona at the DiK party after Cathy's pic is posted (Ep. 4), and be willing to talk about it with her.
3) Smoke weed on the roof in Ep. 4.
4) Have at least one $ (will need to make sure you have it at the end of Ep. 4, since you are forced into the Riona conversation before you have a chance to get any money in Ep. 5).

You might also need to make-out with Riona during the party in Ep. 4, but I'm not 100% about that one. Can't hurt, though.

When you get the encounter with Riona, you'll need to pick the options that go with the choices above: smoke weed when she offers it, confront her into opening up to you like you did with her, and give her at least one $ when she mentions money problems. After that she should offer sex, and you just have to accept and enjoy.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes