Dec 20, 2019
Yeah, when I learned there was a taboo version I almost cried lol. But you should def have fun with Leap of Faith, early on you get to choose the kind of path you want to take which definitely changes things. I was never into the hardcore stuff, idk many girls that are, but if I'm playing this kind of game I prefer a romantic interest. The comedy in LoF is great. Let me know what you think of it later.
Try Summer Scent, I just played that and it's quite good.

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
I thought Sage is very doting to the point of being obsessive? You can evidently see it in Ep5 flashback.
The reason why we perceived her as not doting is because the moment we first met her she's already suspecting and mad at Chad for cheating.

We still don't know what did Chad received in the envelope. We only know that Chad is angry with MC, but is it really because of Sage? Right now I'm inclined to believe the reason he blames MC is because Chad, for a fact, knows that MC was caught red-handed spying on him.

*Cough* Chad as the side bitch*Cough* :ROFLMAO:

I think it's only an honorable mention when Tybalt asked Jill, not sure if it will have accumulated consequences later on with Jill, Like what Leah did in AL, collect all the evidence of what you did and show it to your LI. As for Maya, most likely just a game mechanism for those who are really cash strapped?
Maya's money doesn't matter. But Jill's should, all those warnings and the walkthrough saying it can't be for just a small conversation. At some point she can realize we were the ones that entered the house and put two and two together. It doesn't have to be a complicated scheme. The MC already makes a blunder with Sage knowing which room is Tybalt's.
agreed.

but it always comes back to the point that MC is a CHICK, as the scene is constructed, he can only follow Maya

and in addition to a "moral" motivation, DPC also gives us a "consolidation of the relationship": if MC goes with Josy will have sex with her, and Maya will know nothing, if instead he will follow Maya, he will still have sex, but Josy will know, and with the right answer he will even earn an RP
To me the Maya scene was weird. Josy comes in obviously jealous (even if it's the "good kind" of jealousy) and that's it. My first instinct would be to try and confort her in some way, not necesarily endind in a threesome (but I wouldn't say no :ROFLMAO: ) but at least do something.

Alfagrem

Aug 23, 2017
Honestly I agree with you, I don't think anyone 'owed' anything to anyone in that particular moment, but for me given the relationship issues between M&J it felt false for me for them to stick with each other. I would have thought, given MC's overreaction and the girls' issues, that all three would have parted ways romantically until the story progressed to either push two of the characters together (or all three of them - who cares).

Realistically though, I probably just became way too invested in the MC's growing relationship with Maya and that story for some reason. The writing and development is incredible, I've been totally hooked on it for the last few days :ROFLMAO:
The story has pushed two fo them together.

Josy was assigned a dorm with Maya so by a huge random chance of the universe, the girls are living together.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
To me the Maya scene was weird. Josy comes in obviously jealous (even if it's the "good kind" of jealousy) and that's it. My first instinct would be to try and confort her in some way, not necesarily endind in a threesome (but I wouldn't say no :ROFLMAO: ) but at least do something.
I would agree with you, but DPC sees it differently, when I realized that I had gained an RP instead of losing it I didn't believe it ..

and I have not yet understood the meaning of Maya's speech on the female side of MC

Dec 20, 2019
Maya's money doesn't matter. But Jill's should, all those warnings and the walkthrough saying it can't be for just a small conversation. At some point she can realize we were the ones that entered the house and put two and two together. It doesn't have to be a complicated scheme. The MC already makes a blunder with Sage knowing which room is Tybalt's.
But even if they found out later on that MC broke into the mansion on multiple occasions, there is no way to prove that MC took the money, and he can deny it unless he has integrity. I think the money issue is already in limbo here, the panties on the watermelon however is not.

MC made more than a blunder by revealing he knows which room is Tybalt's, he took a picture of his own dick with Tybalt's phone. :ROFLMAO:

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
I disagree with that, I think you absolutely need those solo scenes. For the poly route to work they need to open with each other, something they haven't always been up until now and that spark is what lets them really start to talk about how this will work. Going forward I want to see many more choices of this type with the MC having to balance the time he spends with M+J to not lose one of them (or both if Affinity is also a determining factor)
I just think having to choose to either comfort Maya who is really upset or be an asshole and let Josy hoof heavy suitcases kind of silly. Since the MC and Josy could have went to comfort Maya and had her come with them to carry Josy's suitcases to the dorm.

I do agree with you that the MC should have to balance spending time with both of them since in my opinion Josy really needs to have some character development that isn't tied to Maya since she is kind of dull right now and hasn't had as much screen time as the other main LIs.

Reactions: Holy Bacchus

Manuka

✨Ghostwriter✨
Donor
Sep 17, 2019
Try Summer Scent, I just played that and it's quite good.
Hmmm... alright, if you say so, haha. I'll give it a try. I've been given suggestions where I was horrified by what's in the game. Thankfully the greatest thing about DPA is there's nothing that extreme in Being a DIK, no pun intended.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
So you don't think like if the next episode comes out, that talking to either one will have an effect on your future with them?

What I noticed is even if you chose to stay with both, there's obviously some resentment still lingering between either of them. I feel like the choice will still have to come at some point. Especially once they find out you've been exploring other girls.
I think that if there are more choices between the two of them like there was in ep 5, that making more in favour of one of them will probably result in a greater likelihood of a solo path with them since you're leaving the other one out a lot, but if you choose an equal number of events with each, then there's a greater chance of a throuple path because you're giving each of them equal time.

When Josy walks in on them in ep 5, it could be seen as resentment, but could also be seen as simply being upset and rightly so. She's been very much left out of this burgeoning relationship with Maya and the MC and I'd say that they're probably closer to each each other than Josy is to the MC, which Josy may think as well, and that Josy may also feel as though Maya is closer to the MC than she is to her right now. So perhaps it's not the MC who feels like a 3rd wheel, but Josy.

As far as other girls are concerned, Maya has essentially given the MC a free pass, why this apparent sharp turn is still unclear, but if he does start openly doing things with other girls and they know about it, then Maya really only has herself to blame if there is any ill feelings there. In this case, Maya seems to be going by that old phrase, "If you love something set it free. If it comes back it’s yours. If not, it was never meant to be."

I agree it is a bad choice. However I think the correct one for the M+J route is to choose Maya. In that moment Maya is upset for obvious (if selfish) reasons. Josy on the other hand had a lovely moment with her father. Maya needs the comfort. Josy doesn’t. The fact that Josy ‘catches‘ you and suggests she wants to join in, while Maya doesn’t find out about Josy And MC on camera is another clue.

I think by the nature of the game we’ll get a bunch more of these type of choices that feel a little forced before then end
If I could give you a (y) I would but I'm out of reactions for today. :( Needless, to say I agree that Maya needed comfort and that's why I chose her on my main playthrough, but the MC really needed to hear what Josy had to say, and that sex scene was one of the best, and it's a shame that it is confined to a choice, but hopefully there will be more solo options later.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
I would agree with you, but DPC sees it differently, when I realized that I had gained an RP instead of losing it I didn't believe it ..

and I have not yet understood the meaning of Maya's speech on the female side of MC
When you talk to some women it's like talking to a man, when you talk to some men it's like talking to a woman. People often give of a gendered vibe that doesn't match their actual gender and, btw, has nothing whatsoever to do with being transgendered, it's just different wiring.

Reactions: felicemastronzo

Dec 20, 2019
Josy was assigned a dorm with Maya so by a huge random chance of the universe, the girls are living together.
My memory is not up to par but I don't recall Josy being "assigned" the dorm room with Maya. She just went straight to Maya's room upon arriving at B&R.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
My memory is not up to par but I don't recall Josy being "assigned" the dorm room with Maya. She just went straight to Maya's room upon arriving at B&R.
She said that the receptionist told her that room was available because the exchange student Maya was supposed to be sharing with never showed up and the MC was staying there without their knowledge.

Reactions: AvatarStormBringer

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
When you talk to some women it's like talking to a man, when you talk to some men it's like talking to a woman. People often give of a gendered vibe that doesn't match their actual gender and, btw, has nothing whatsoever to do with being transgendered, it's just different wiring.
perfect for me

Maya's speech seems to me what a clumsy man would write for a feminist.

Maya is a lesbian so she appreciates the feminine side of MC ... deep ...

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Yeah, when I learned there was a taboo version I almost cried lol. But you should def have fun with Leap of Faith, early on you get to choose the kind of path you want to take which definitely changes things. I was never into the hardcore stuff, idk many girls that are, but if I'm playing this kind of game I prefer a romantic interest. The comedy in LoF is great. Let me know what you think of it later.
Have downloaded, going to try it now. Will do.

MC made more than a blunder by revealing he knows which room is Tybalt's, he took a picture of his own dick with Tybalt's phone. :ROFLMAO:
Hey, my MC only did that in one playthrough, purely to see if it will have any relevence later on lol. Let's be honest, it's already pretty much confirmed by a few girls you're easily recognisable haha.

Josy herself states she was assigned it when she arrived. Maya also has an interesting response stating ' oh glad, they remembered' (or words to the effect of). My question is: Was the foreign exchange student just another ruse and the plan was always to have Josy stay with her if she got accepted to B&R?

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Josy herself states she was assigned it when she arrived. Maya also has an interesting response stating ' oh glad, they remembered' (or words to the effect of). My question is: Was the foreign exchange student just another ruse and the plan was always to have Josy stay with her if she got accepted to B&R?
Actually it was, "no, they didn't forget", as in they didn't forget there was someone in the room already because they didn't know the MC was staying there and only that Maya's assigned roommate hadn't shown up.

screenshot0147.png screenshot0148.png screenshot0149.png screenshot0150.png

Last edited:

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019

I was looking at the screen like this.
49ofjl.jpg
Nothing sexual, just confort her.
But even if they found out later on that MC broke into the mansion on multiple occasions, there is no way to prove that MC took the money, and he can deny it unless he has integrity. I think the money issue is already in limbo here, the panties on the watermelon however is not.

There's the stag we took that day... And I think that's the only one we broke in. The other one was when we went to play piano with her, and in episode 5. I think there's a high chance she might notice.

And I had forgotten about the phone one, I almost spilled my coffee, so thanks :ROFLMAO: .

Reactions: Real Kreten

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
There's the stag we took that day... And I think that's the only one we broke in. The other one was when we went to play piano with her, and in episode 5. I think there's a high chance she might notice.

And I had forgotten about the phone one, I almost spilled my coffee, so thanks :ROFLMAO: .
Well thankfully Derek has the stag. Plausible deniability :p

Esp``

Aug 21, 2019
So Maya for all her life never experienced a genuinely caring male person. Her father was always a issue, a trouble with her. Oppressive, religious figure. Her brother is fun and all but he is kind of a dork, not a figure with a aura of brilliance or capable of genuine emotions that most girls have and can express easily. Plus he is family so she cannot see him as an opposite gender without any bias.

We know she never had boyfriends or other close male acquaintances. Maya got comfortable with Josy since she is a girl and they share similar personalities.

Insert MC here, Maya experiences the tender care, attention, kindness that she never experienced from a male. She thought either all man are incapable or just they don't show any tender qualities. So MC surprises her a lot and that is the main reason she fell for the MC. Because MC acts like how other girls acted around Maya.

So when she says that MC is like a girl, that is the highest praise Maya can give for MC. I loved that part as an ex-Mayan. It was a genuinely sad part since it made me start regretting leaving her at the last episode.

As I wrote back when the episode 5 first released, I wish we could have both Maya's and Josy's scenes after her dad, we shouldn't be forced to choose between if we are broken up with them before. Because both scenes offer invaluable character development since both of them confess MC about how threeway relationship was the only way to progress without losing MC.

I hope in the next episode, the girl whom didn't had that vital scene with MC gets her chance to confess her genuine feelings.

Last edited:

Manuka

✨Ghostwriter✨
Donor
Sep 17, 2019

As far as other girls are concerned, Maya has essentially given the MC a free pass, why this apparent sharp turn is still unclear, but if he does start openly doing things with other girls and they know about it, then Maya really only has herself to blame if there is any ill feelings there. In this case, Maya seems to be going by that old phrase, "If you love something set it free. If it comes back it’s yours. If not, it was never meant to be."
That's why I initially felt bad for Josy and Maya and tried to let them both go.

But that's kinda what upsets me is the strange sudden curves into paths we didn't want (some of us). For instance with Sage towards the end. I end up kissing her each time, despite not showing that much affection towards her. So, if Melanie--I think is her name--and Sarah ends up spilling the beans to Chad, it's going to affect all the relationships developed. Jill will definitely find out if she doesn't already suspect something between Bella and the MC. This is one big Jerry Springer waiting to happen! And not to sound dismissive but I still think "Choice" is subjective in this game. We're all heading towards a big disaster regardless of who we choose to try to be with because of these weird sudden changes in the path.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Maviarab

despelote

May 26, 2017
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes