Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
I've been running into stories like that for decades. On top of quite a few documented cases that (without this "sensationalism) weren't even originally prosecuted because local star athlete got shielded by everyone involved, police included, in the first place, until somebody blew the thing up enough outsiders got involved.
I have a law degree so I've been studying this shit for 20+ years. I'm not saying our system is foolproof or totally impartial however the "news headlines" are the outliers not the norm.
Not sure why blatant preferential treatment shouldn't be "sensationalized," either, when other people get dumped in the slammer, much less end up with criminal rap, for far less grievous offenses. And, again, that doesn't even take under account what leve of impunity sufficient amount of wealth can afford you in the first place.
The fact that they continue to surface is, alone, troublesome, to put it lightly.
Asuming the preps won't outright lie that Tybalt hasn't touched the MC in the first place (I mean, it's pretty iffy judging whether or not there were outside witnesses)?
The DIK's were all right there, Derek was there, hell the girls that just left were right there. Just cause we don't see them on screen they don't go poof.
"While we do not condone any level of violence, and will level appropriate actions against both offenders, it should be noted that an open-handed slap in the throes of high emotions was responded to with overwhelming and potentially lethal full-force punch to the face. The escalation of the situation into one potentially endangering well-being and life of one of the students will not be tolerated."

Or, if you prefer it in simpler terms "It was just a slap, bro!"
The law doesn't differentiate between the two. A hit is a hit. If I poke you in the chest its still assault. There is no "I just poked him" defense.
Hell, even if there are witnesses MC could run into serious problems (depending on local laws) attempting to claim self-defense, if Tybalt's side could prove he disengaged after the slap and was not set to continue the aggression, but MC still went ahead and slugged them.
They would both be charged with assault. Self defense standards are a "continuous effort to physically assault." Which means Tybalt would have had to attempt to hit him a second time for self defense to even be an issue.

Don't get me wrong I know our Justice System, hell our entire system, has serious issues but its not so clear cut as some people are making it out to be. Myself included. I know shit sometimes slides that shouldn't but those are the exceptions not the norm.

SpikyHair

Nov 13, 2019
The law doesn't differentiate between the two. A hit is a hit. If I poke you in the chest its still assault. There is no "I just poked him" defense.
I wasn't talking about legal ramifications, though, but academic punishment and potential for rather arbitrary enforcement considering the circumstances.
Don't get me wrong I know our Justice System, hell our entire system, has serious issues but its not so clear cut as some people are making it out to be. Myself included. I know shit sometimes slides that shouldn't but those are the exceptions not the norm.
Yeah, I don't mean to imply in any way that the potential outcome of any "official" action in relation to this would've been a largely foregone conclusion one way or another.

Just that the "Joe Nobody" schmuck of an MC should know to be very careful when butting heads with the high and mighty.

As to reality of such cases... I've seen way too much to ever assume impartiality.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
Then you should know assault isn't a civil matter then.
Yeah it's a state crime. No where did I say that its a civil matter. Holy Bacchus is trying to use civil standards that is what I was referring to
Yeah, I don't mean to imply in any way that the potential outcome of any "official" action in relation to this would've been a largely foregone conclusion one way or another.

Just that the "Joe Nobody" schmuck of an MC should know to be very careful when butting heads with the high and mighty.

As to reality of such cases... I've seen way too much to ever assume impartiality.
Same Brotha

Chericheri345

Nov 28, 2019
I kind of feel its ok to let Maya and Josy be together and the MC to start a short thressome relation with Quinn and Sage. Thoughts?

Squid09

Nov 3, 2019
what game/program was used to make this game, like some games on here use Honey Select others use Koikatsu. But like for this game and other 3dcg games what is used?

drcynic22

Dec 5, 2018
I kind of feel its ok to let Maya and Josy be together and the MC to start a short thressome relation with Quinn and Sage. Thoughts?
I mean if that's your thing, you can go for it, but I'm not into Quinn at all and Maya is my best girl, so I kinda have the opposite feeling, myself.

Reactions: JohnDelfino

flippityflop

Jun 29, 2020
You might be feeling ok with that, but Maya and Josy are not done with MC yet.
A Quinn and Sage throuple relationship is very unlikely right now. If ever.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
I wasn't talking about legal ramifications, though, but academic punishment and potential for rather arbitrary enforcement considering the circumstances.
lemonfreak posted a good one on this. Because Jade and Burke are his parents in order to avoid issues of favoritism and shit they would probably have to treat Tybalt the same as MC

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
Interesting, your experiences match my own in High School, even if here in Brazil things are a lot more eye to an eye and there's less physical bullying (guys here are more prone to fight back, also the pecking order is different, we don't have Jocks) but more social bullying. But yes, in the enviroment i was in, fighting back is the only option, things here are different, a lot of concepts people say here as absolute truths would get you laughed at in Brazil, different cultures i guess. Also the schools are a lot less punishing about fighting if things don't get out of control.
That's good that your school lets you fight back. I remember one time in 7th grade a guy pushed me into a counter and I hit him in response in class and as the guidance counselor walked me out to my parents' car after school that day (we'd both been given saturday school detentions) she asked me "will you get in trouble for fighting?" and I said "no - I was defending myself, my parents might be angry with you, though" lol. Over here, it's a lot of SJW nonsense in schools these days - they want all the kids to be cucks and want you to not respond if someone is mean to you and seem to generally punish the victims more than the perpetrators, hah - I'm glad my wife and I decided not to have kids. I'd no doubt have major issues with school administration over here with the way they handle things today.

And like you said about social bullying - I think that's becoming more and more rampant also. When I was in school (I'm 38, now, so it's been a while), we were just getting dial up internet so there was no facebook, twitter, myspace, etc. I'm thankful for that, too, I imagine that's gotta be pretty awful for some kids.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
That's my main issue with a full CHICK path. The MC acts like a passive bully magnet. There's actually no reason not fighting back. I don't even understand why fighting the Alpha is supposed to be a dik move. His father taught him martial arts for that exact reason. Dawe attacked him first and he was surrounded by hostile jerks. The whole "breaking code" is a no-sense. You don't handle bullies by running from them all the time.

A MC on Dik path can be an ass but at least he's confident and tough. Considering he overpowered Dawe, the three jocks and was able to hold his own against the Hulking Caleb, I bet Dawe and most alphas won't have the balls to physically confront him anymore.
Given that the MC didn't really 'win' any of his fights, I doubt the jocks would be afraid to face him in the future. To them it looks like he just got lucky.

As for 'breaking the code' I think the idea is that, since the MC was spying on the jocks when they confronted him, he brought this on himself. Thus he is supposed to just run away if possible. Dawe cut off his retreat then attacked, so the MC probably figured if a fight was inevitable it was okay to win it. When the other jocks showed up, however, the MC had a clear window to run. Hence staying to fight wasn't about defending himself, it was about not wounding his pride.

Unfortunately, like a lot of things with the affinity system, it doesn't make much sense when you stop to think about it. On the one hand, the jocks DO attack him when he runs, which makes fighting them seem justified. On the other hand, when the MC fights the jocks, Dawe sucker punches him and the MC still gets away; that makes it look like he could have run at any time after all. The combination makes a complete muddle out of any clear 'code,' much less what it says about the MC's outlook.

It's probably a side effect of the need for the MC to take a punch no matter what he does; DPC wanted Sage to tend to his wound in the next scene, so he just made it happen. But he didn't consider just how convoluted the interaction between the affinity system, the narrative, and the fighting mini-game was.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Yeah, right now we're law experts mixed with a bit of social worker training but we'll return to the admiration of 3D rendered female body parts the moment DPC drops the remaining Sage or Maya beach teasers.
Sage AND Maya, thank you very much. They are the last 2 remaining LIs and will both duly get their day in the sun (pun very much intended ;)).

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes