Ivan1000

Jun 27, 2017
Mah gad this game is phenomenal. I sincerely had my doubts when PinkCake announced he was doing a college game cause it was such a saturated genre but I loved Acting Lessons so I decided to give it a shot and holy shit he did not disappoint, he actually captured the college frathouse spirit and tone so perfectly and the humor was on point as usual. Also art & design has significantly improved since AL which is a huge plus.

Now I wish I wasn't poor so I can actually support this dude. Looking forward to its completion.

Cainhurst

Feb 28, 2019
It's not even really Patreon, it's the card companies who don't want to be accused of funding illicit things that put pressure on Patreon to institute those rules.

That is DPC's reason. They won't do it because it's not their thing.
That's quite refreshing honestly. I have no problem and even sometimes enjoy incest games but there are too many of them and I think most have very boring character dynamics and stories. DPC has built a fun game with good looking characters and good writing. Rather whole-ass what you like then half-ass what you don't.

Sep 22, 2017
Are PATREON's constraints only about incest or are there other issues as well?
StudioFOW has been permanently banned from Patreon about two years ago for - as they phrase it in the trailer for their upcoming game - "making a werewolf eat out a girl's butthole", so bestiality is a pretty safe bet as well. Anything taboo, basically, which is pretty subjective but the fetishes that would also be illegal IRL are definitely not welcome anymore. Probably why HentaiHaven had to come back without the "loli" tag, diddling little girls is a big no-no. :KEK:

But like Holy Bacchus said it, it's the companies working with Patreon - mainly Paypal as far as I know - that don't want to be associated with anything too controversial or illegal. Sometimes I wonder how long it'll take before they extend the ban list so much that even creators like DPC will no longer be safe, despite BaDIK looking like a PG-13 game compared to some of these raunchier ones.:cautious:

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
That's a reasonable post, i agree with you on Philly being above, but i think Drifty is a little bit better, from what i'm seeing in LoF.
Story wise I also agree Philly is the best of all
But in terms of originality and creativity the only 2 devs that blew my mind are hopes and DPC
I suppose I should have said I feel Drifty & Hopes are AT LEAST on par with DPC. In fact sometimes I think Hopes is closer to Philly than DPC in terms of writing a story. In any case, this is totally subjective and these are all very good and valid opinions.

And I feel that I owe an apology to Mortze, the other half of the Tlareo & Mortze duo. While Tlareo handles the writings in most of their collaborations, Mortze's solo writings are also superb and worthy of being included in the very top tier.

Anyways, my original "rambling" was a rebuttal to djhillyhill claiming "it's good money to bet on DPC at the current momment being the best writter." Again, these are just opinions and there's no right or wrong here, but I feel most will agree with me that while DPC is one of the few better ones, there are better writers than DPC out there.

Dashxp4k

Aug 17, 2019
DPC is the only dev have the Patreon only discord. I was in his Discord since Ep 1 after Ep 4 he made it patreon only. :WaitWhat:

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
My guess is, he got fed up with people asking "when is the next episode coming up" and other kind of jazz like that, if you can't stop the people bitching, make them at least pay you :WeSmart:
Pretty much the same reason why they stopped coming here.

Dashxp4k

Aug 17, 2019
My guess is, he got fed up with people asking "when is the next episode coming up" and other kind of jazz like that, if you can't stop the people bitching, make them at least pay you :WeSmart:
the Milfy City dev Didn't do that but he still making bank. :WaitWhat:

Last edited:
Reactions: RustyRug

Warped77

Jul 13, 2020
That's quite refreshing honestly. I have no problem and even sometimes enjoy incest games but there are too many of them and I think most have very boring character dynamics and stories. DPC has built a fun game with good looking characters and good writing. Rather whole-ass what you like then half-ass what you don't.
Completely agree. The whole incest angle kinda put me off at first, but it's so prevalent in these games it's almost impossible to avoid at this point and I've gotten used to it... almost numb to it. Part of it is obviously due to Milfy City's success, but it also just feels like it's being tacked onto games just to appeal to a vocal demographic that apparently can't get off without it. A couple of people have mentioned how they think Philly is a better writer than DPC (and he IS a good writer), but even he has (IMHO) clumsily shoved it into his games. One of the things that really didn't land right to me in one of his games was the whole "why do I suddenly want to fuck my daughter? Weird. Oh well, I guess I'll just go with it!"

It's gotten to be so common that, like you said, it's refreshing and original to have a game without it. Shoe-horning it into a game like BaDIK, especially through a stupid plot twist, would do nothing but hurt the story. I'm glad a hugely popular game like BaDIK remains stubbornly 'vanilla'... it proves it can be done.

Warped77

Jul 13, 2020
I suppose I should have said I feel Drifty & Hopes are AT LEAST on par with DPC. In fact sometimes I think Hopes is closer to Philly than DPC in terms of writing a story. In any case, this is totally subjective and these are all very good and valid opinions.
#LunaIsLife :)

Reactions: Amnik

DarkLup

Sep 14, 2018
the Milfy City dev Didn't do that but he still making bank. :WaitWhat:
The milfy city dev is a tad of scammer (as much as i love the game, well the characters really), he kinda play off the hope to have a new update, sooooo yeah, i don't really think they share the view on how to developpe a game, only my coin on the matter tho, i know jack shit about the truth behind it .

ItsNotMeToo

Aug 7, 2020

And I feel that I owe an apology to Mortze, the other half of the Tlareo & Mortze duo. While Tlareo handles the writings in most of their collaborations, Mortze's solo writings are also superb and worthy of being included in the very top tier.

Anyways, my original "rambling" was a rebuttal to djhillyhill claiming "it's good money to bet on DPC at the current momment being the best writter." Again, these are just opinions and there's no right or wrong here, but I feel most will agree with me that while DPC is one of the few better ones, there are better writers than DPC out there.
I know this is slightly off topic, but I seem to see the same few names pop up when discussing the best writers, and as someone who is fairly new to this genre of game play (VNs), I'm excited to see what else is out there.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes