Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Lets remember $5000 is nothing compared to college tuition. At max it could get her through half a semester.
Mona's scholarship payment was also marked as 'pending', not sure what that is. It could be that Burke had something to do with it (the company, Warren LLC or something) and he revoked it because of EP5. Mona knew this was coming and she left.
True, but the money system in this game is a bit off. The $ signs are actual dollars? Huh? Lunch costs $1 but a full set of windows for a mansion is what, $60 or so? Nah, something ain't right, so I'm still hoping that $5000 is enough for Maya and the windows because doing bulletin board yard work for $1 pay is BS. Quinn can get out of her own mess. I'm not giving her anything. I dislike her even more after this episode.

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
Thats what I dont like in these games, and especially in this game. Seems like they ruin LIs instead of building them up.
Maya and Josy are not viable as LIs for me since that reveal at the end of episode 3 because I cant stand lies (I know Josy didnt lie literally, but Maya did).
Before this episode I still wanted Jill, but I wasnt full on her path since she went behind your back in episode 3 (I think) when she goes to cathy and the principal because of our fight with Chad. And now she is the most naive person in the world?? Sorry to all Jill fans, but I like my women to think for themselves and not be influenced by others.
Im fucking afraid to be with Bella because of that closed room in her house, knowing DPC her husband will be there as a skeleton by now.
That leaves my girl Sage, the girl that doesnt lie to you, never gives you false hopes, never goes behind your back, is a demon in the sack XD.
Other thing I dont like in these games is when the story is clearly written for a specific LI... Maya and Josy have 4 scenes this episode, the other LIs combined have 2 (Im not counting kisses and boobwatching Jill), and then your MC that isnt in a relationship with them just goes flying out of what he is doing like some superman wannabe just because they call for help and I get sucked in drama again with them...
In Dragon Age Inqusition two characters discuss a book. The author, Varric, and a fan, Cassandra.
  • Cassandra: Varric, how could you let the Knight-Captain be framed for murder?
  • Varric: Well, I did spent three entire chapters setting it up.
  • Cassandra: But she didn't deserve it! You'd already put her through more than enough!
  • Varric: Look, Seeker, if you love a character, you give them pain, ruin their lives, make them suffer. Maybe even throw in a heroic death.
  • Cassandra: That makes no sense!
  • Varric: You care enough to argue. If she had a nice afternoon and took a nap, you'd stop reading.

Arbalet5

Jul 26, 2017
Anyone have this problem?

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/freeroam/episode4/ep4_freeroam_bella.rpy", line 307, in <module>
  File "game/scripts/phone/swyper/chats/swyper_chat_ellie.rpy", line 1, in execute
  File "game/scripts/phone/swyper/chats/swyper_chat_ellie.rpy", line 1, in execute
  File "game/scripts/phone/swyper/chats/swyper_chat_ellie.rpy", line 32, in execute
  File "game/scripts/phone/swyper/chats/swyper_chat_ellie.rpy", line 50, in execute
  File "game/scripts/phone/swyper/chats/swyper_chat_ellie.rpy", line 55, in execute
  File "game/scripts/phone/swyper/chats/swyper_chat_ellie.rpy", line 56, in execute
TypeError: 'int' object has no attribute '__getitem__'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/freeroam/episode4/ep4_freeroam_bella.rpyc", line 307, in script
  File "D:\Downloads\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin\renpy\ast.py", line 912, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\Downloads\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin\renpy\python.py", line 2004, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/scripts/freeroam/episode4/ep4_freeroam_bella.rpy", line 307, in <module>
  File "D:\Downloads\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin\renpy\ui.py", line 295, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Downloads\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin\renpy\display\core.py", line 2699, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Downloads\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin\renpy\display\core.py", line 3091, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "D:\Downloads\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "D:\Downloads\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
  File "D:\Downloads\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "D:\Downloads\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin\renpy\display\core.py", line 3091, in <lambda>
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "D:\Downloads\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin\renpy\display\screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "D:\Downloads\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin\renpy\display\screen.py", line 625, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "game/scripts/phone/swyper/chats/swyper_chat_ellie.rpy", line 32, in execute
  File "game/scripts/phone/swyper/chats/swyper_chat_ellie.rpy", line 50, in execute
  File "game/scripts/phone/swyper/chats/swyper_chat_ellie.rpy", line 55, in execute
  File "game/scripts/phone/swyper/chats/swyper_chat_ellie.rpy", line 56, in execute
  File "<screen language>", line 56, in <module>
TypeError: 'int' object has no attribute '__getitem__'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Being a DIK 0.6.0
Sun Nov 15 13:40:58 2020

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
True, but the money system in this game is a bit off. The $ signs are actual dollars? Huh? Lunch costs $1 but a full set of windows for a mansion is what, $60 or so? Nah, something ain't right, so I'm still hoping that $5000 is enough for Maya and the windows because doing bulletin board yard work for $1 pay is BS. Quinn can get out of her own mess. I'm not giving her anything. I dislike her even more after this episode.
Seriously, why would you give everything you've got to Maya? The way I see it Maya needs to start taking responsibility for her own life.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Feasible. Vinny struck me as the leader and Nick as the follower when they were walking to the DIK's. Maybe Nick has more loyalty to Vinny than he had to the DIK's. Depends on how/why Vinny left.
If I find out that little prick (Nick) was responsible in any way for Jacob's destroyed paintings, I'll beat that stupid grin off of his face. There is most certainly a DIK traitor and if you go through and look at each one, by process of elimination, Nick the prick is the top suspect.

Gh0st_Harambe

Mar 9, 2020
What I do not understand is, what is the equivalent in money in the game.

The MC can have $$$$$ .

If it is equivalent to 1 usd, I don't think that changing all the windows of the mansion costs 65 $.

I believe that the equivalent of a $ in the game is 10 usd in real life.

Gh0st_Harambe

Mar 9, 2020
If I find out that little prick (Nick) was responsible in any way for Jacob's destroyed paintings, I'll beat that stupid grin off of his face. There is most certainly a DIK traitor and if you go through and look at each one, by process of elimination, Nick the prick is the top suspect.
I also doubt Nick, but DPC never leaves such obvious clues, I think the nerds have something to do with Cathy's posting, and also it is likely that they have left some program or virus that allows them to obtain the videos or photos of the tests from hell week.
What I don't understand is what nerds benefit from all this.

Ramen-

Aug 28, 2018
This game needs the option for a quik start at whatever chapter you want, just like "Where the Heart is". He could just take the interface from the cheat mod andonly use variables and character options, the other stats would fill themself out and done. Cause replaying stuff is tedious if you screwed up one thing 4 episodes ago.

Nicklas1213

Apr 29, 2017
Alright, so I have a problem.

I downloaded the whole new 0.6.0 version, but I keep getting this error;

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
python hide:
File "C:\Users\Admin-Pc\Documents\BAD\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin\renpy\ast.py", line 912, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\Admin-Pc\Documents\BAD\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin\renpy\python.py", line 2004, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
python hide:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
ui.interact()
File "C:\Users\Admin-Pc\Documents\BAD\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin\renpy\ui.py", line 295, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Admin-Pc\Documents\BAD\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin\renpy\display\core.py", line 2699, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Admin-Pc\Documents\BAD\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin\renpy\display\core.py", line 3510, in interact_core
rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
File "C:\Users\Admin-Pc\Documents\BAD\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
File "C:\Users\Admin-Pc\Documents\BAD\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin\renpy\display\transition.py", line 47, in event
return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
File "C:\Users\Admin-Pc\Documents\BAD\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
File "C:\Users\Admin-Pc\Documents\BAD\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin\renpy\display\screen.py", line 707, in event
rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
File "C:\Users\Admin-Pc\Documents\BAD\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
File "C:\Users\Admin-Pc\Documents\BAD\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
File "C:\Users\Admin-Pc\Documents\BAD\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 946, in event
return handle_click(self.clicked)
File "C:\Users\Admin-Pc\Documents\BAD\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 881, in handle_click
rv = run(action)
File "C:\Users\Admin-Pc\Documents\BAD\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 320, in run
return action(*args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
renpy.load(fn)
File "C:\Users\Admin-Pc\Documents\BAD\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin\renpy\loadsave.py", line 761, in load
log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load")
File "C:\Users\Admin-Pc\Documents\BAD\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin\renpy\python.py", line 1959, in unfreeze
self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True)
File "C:\Users\Admin-Pc\Documents\BAD\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin\renpy\python.py", line 1791, in rollback
self.load_failed()
File "C:\Users\Admin-Pc\Documents\BAD\BeingADIK-0.6.0-pc-lin\renpy\python.py", line 1709, in load_failed
raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Being a DIK 0.6.0
Sun Nov 15 12:26:59 2020

This is on two seperate saves, the other one going back all the way to Episode 2 or something similar.
They work just fine on 0.5.0, which I just downloaded and tried.
Anyone has any idea what to do?

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
Oh thanks.
It's a weird thing to word, but think of it as two currencies. That both happen to be called $ :ROFLMAO:. Yellow seems to be ten greens or something like that, maybe more.

Confusing the two screwed me up a little bit. I though helping Bella would give me two greens, not two yellows. So I overspent a bit...

MorbidViews21

Aug 3, 2019
Kinda hard to get invested into her when you know its all going to come crashing down. People think the newest release had some drama, boy they are going to be in for a shock once DPC starts slinging the Bella drama. Personally i don't believe her husband is dead, I'm almost 100% positive that DPC is going to go down the military route with bella thinking hes MIA/KIA but i think he will return as soon as the MC/Bella become "official" forcing her to choose between her old love and her new one.

But hey maybe i'm wrong and Bella won't have any drama? One could only hope right? Nah who am i kidding, this is DPC we are talking about. :ROFLMAO:
I like when their is tragedy. Not everything is a happy ending. Let the tears and despair flow!

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
It's a weird thing to word, but think of it as two currencies. That both happen to be called $ :ROFLMAO:. Yellow seems to be ten greens or something like that, maybe more.

Confusing the two screwed me up a little bit. I though helping Bella would give me two greens, not two yellows. So I overspent a bit...
It's possible to overthink the money system, really it just exists in order to force choices, DPC even tells us at the beginning that it's simplistic.

Reactions: Wizard_Shiryuu
4.80 star(s) 1,514 Votes