Blades1138

Jul 29, 2017
That's....not....what I'm saying at all?
Yes I know it's fictional but her traits are based in reality. I know people just like Quinn in real life.
You're subscribed to the fact that DPC wrote Quinn as a one dimensional character. That's not the case, if you look at every other character in game, you'll see that they all have layers. In the beginning, Quinn may have only been out for herself but that's not who she's becoming. The little interactions between her and MC...or even her and Tommy, you can see the emotion in them. If she was only out for herself, she wouldn't give two shits about what people thought about her.
I think you just see through the lens of black and white and "QUINN BAD! QUINN NOT GOOD!" so you refuse to see any validity in my points.
Well, it sounds like your personal feelings are what's driving you to defend her here, exactly because you know people like her in real life. I certainly hope you're not making excuses for them as well though, because those kinds of people hurt others for real, not in a fictional setting.

I personally don't subscribe to the reasoning that good traits can excuse having a horrible side. If a world renown surgeon saves thousands of lives in his job, but turns out to be a pedophile and child rapist, does that make him a good person ? It is an extreme example, not meant to be a complete parallel, but Quinn is doing harm one way or another.
There's a saying that every villain is the hero of their own story, and while she may not be on the extreme end of things, she's definitely not a good person. Everyone has an excuse or reasons for their behavior, but a line has to be drawn somewhere as to what's acceptable and what's not.

Last edited:

carlosrm

Oct 5, 2020
That's....not....what I'm saying at all?
Yes I know it's fictional but her traits are based in reality. I know people just like Quinn in real life.
You're subscribed to the fact that DPC wrote Quinn as a one dimensional character. That's not the case, if you look at every other character in game, you'll see that they all have layers. In the beginning, Quinn may have only been out for herself but that's not who she's becoming. The little interactions between her and MC...or even her and Tommy, you can see the emotion in them. If she was only out for herself, she wouldn't give two shits about what people thought about her.
I think you just see through the lens of black and white and "QUINN BAD! QUINN NOT GOOD!" so you refuse to see any validity in my points.
I don't know if Quinn has a crush on MC, but I think she sees different things in him than in other guys. All guys see Quinn as a sex toy. On the other hand, MC does not see her that way, we can even try to kiss her, and she does not want to because logically she is not used to that. I think that even though she is not a Main Li, DPC is turning her into Main indirectly and there might be some history with her

brichouse

Oct 31, 2020
So its fine for Chad to use Sage to hide the fact he is gay but its not fine for Sage to find out who he was chating on her with?
I think the adult thing is for Chad to tell her that in private and to not involve anyone else on this, incluiding MC but I have a feeling from the way Chad has been acting that that isnt going to happen and MC will have to do it for him.
It has nothing to do with who he cheated with. My personal opinion is that it's not fine to out someone, and if MC tells Sage what he saw, he's effectively outing Chad, which, again, I personally think is fucked up, regardless of what he did/didn't do to Sage.

To the point. Sage will find out about Chad and Troy eventually and if the MC knew and Sage didn't say anything, she will lose trust in the MC. This could cause several problems. :unsure:
I mean, if that's how she takes it, then fuck it. But that's 100000% not MC's secret to tell, in my opinion, regardless of the circumstances. At most, I'd be okay with MC talking to Chad privately and trying to encourage him to tell the truth.

If the MC doesn't say anything to Sage, it's gonna go wrong. Knowing the truth will be less worse for Sage than thinking that one of the HOTs was having sex with Chad.
Tbh, in this case, I don't really think it's about what's best for Sage. Obviously, what's best for Sage is to be aware that Chad didn't act that way because of her specifically, but because he's attracted to men, but is that what's best for Chad? Chad's secret is a very big one that would likely shake his entire world up if it came out, especially if it came out in a way that he wasn't able to control. Sage thinking her sisters fucked her man is... super minor in comparison, and if Sage ever truly loved Chad, then I'd hope that she wouldn't want him to be outed against his wishes either, no matter the circumstances. Again, this is just my personal opinion.

carlosrm

Oct 5, 2020
It has nothing to do with who he cheated with. My personal opinion is that it's not fine to out someone, and if MC tells Sage what he saw, he's effectively outing Chad, which, again, I personally think is fucked up, regardless of what he did/didn't do to Sage.

I mean, if that's how she takes it, then fuck it. But that's 100000% not MC's secret to tell, in my opinion, regardless of the circumstances. At most, I'd be okay with MC talking to Chad privately and trying to encourage him to tell the truth.

Tbh, in this case, I don't really think it's about what's best for Sage. Obviously, what's best for Sage is to be aware that Chad didn't act that way because of her specifically, but because he's attracted to men, but is that what's best for Chad? Chad's secret is a very big one that would likely shake his entire world up if it came out, especially if it came out in a way that he wasn't able to control. Sage thinking her sisters fucked her man is... super minor in comparison, and if Sage ever truly loved Chad, then I'd hope that she wouldn't want him to be outed against his wishes either, no matter the circumstances. Again, this is just my personal opinion.
As she said, she has felt less attractive since she broke up with Chad, because she is super sexy, beautiful, etc., and he changed her for another girl. So what is worse for her? To think that he changed her for a better girl, or that he changed her for a man because she couldn't satisfy him as a woman?

brichouse

Oct 31, 2020
If she were a real person, I'd have said I don't know why. But she's a fictional character written by DPC with the intention of providing a specific plot point, which you're buying into. It is obvious that in-fiction she's changing because of MC and possibly 'falling for him'.
But I'm not arguing against what's happening, I'm saying that logically it doesn't make sense considering her character as someone who's only out for herself. Suspension of disbelief is broken for me. It wouldn't bother me if it was done realistically, but as it is it's very jarring and implausible.
I think the clash you're having with others re: Quinn is because you're relying on a premise that's not necessarily true: that Quinn is only out for herself. By no means is Quinn a good person, but she's not all bad either, which frankly, just makes her human. And as far as I know, the only humans who are truly incapable of loving others are like... psychopaths, and I definitely don't think Quinn is a psychopath.

Plus, it seems like Quinn's had a shitty life and is used to being treated harshly; depending on the choices you make, MC doesn't treat her harshly. In fact, MC can be really, really kind to her. He treats her differently than most people do, and kind of pushes the boundaries she's set to keep people at a distance, which could definitely be enough to soften her sharp edges, which could lead to her developing feelings for him.

As she said, she has felt less attractive since she broke up with Chad, because she is super sexy, beautiful, etc., and he changed her for another girl. So what is worse for her? To think that he changed her for a better girl, or that he changed her for a man because she couldn't satisfy him as a woman?
Again, it's not about what's better or worse for her, it's about how fucked up it would be to out Chad for the sake of Sage's self-esteem.

Blades1138

Jul 29, 2017
I think the clash you're having with others re: Quinn is because you're relying on a premise that's not necessarily true: that Quinn is only out for herself. By no means is Quinn a good person, but she's not all bad either, which frankly, just makes her human. And as far as I know, the only humans who are truly incapable of loving others are like... psychopaths, and I definitely don't think Quinn is a psychopath.

Plus, it seems like Quinn's had a shitty life and is used to being treated harshly; depending on the choices you make, MC doesn't treat her harshly. In fact, MC can be really, really kind to her. He treats her differently than most people do, and kind of pushes the boundaries she's set to keep people at a distance, which could definitely be enough to soften her sharp edges, which could lead to her developing feelings for him.

Again, it's not about what's better or worse for her, it's about how fucked up it would be to out Chad for the sake of Sage's self-esteem.
How Quinn reacts to MC is currently not correlated to his treatment of her. It only matters if he used her services as a madame, whether he has generally douchy attitude, had sex with her on the roof and isn't in a relationship with Josy and Maya. He might have treated her like shit through every turn, and it still wouldn't make a difference.
And even if she's doing this for someone else's sake, that's still not an excuse to hurt people. And yeah, some would argue if she's not dealing drugs, those people would buy from someone else, but that's where something called personal responsibility comes in. You can't excuse your own shitty behavior by saying 'the other guy does it too'. Not to mention her treatment of Maya gained her absolutely nothing other than making Maya miserable. The only conclusion I'm able to make here is she enjoys hurting people, so I don't care if she needs comfort - she hasn't earned the right to any.

SirDawcio

Sep 22, 2020
Hi guys!
With the week long delay I managed to finish episode 7 and it was a freaking rollercoaster my dudes! One of the best episodes of BaDIK IMO <3

Can someone who has monitored the forums since the release tell me what are general impressions of the episode?
What people love/like and what people hate/dislike about the episode?

Also if someone could provide me with full list of scenes (because my MC missed many of them :p) I would be really thankful

brichouse

Oct 31, 2020
How Quinn reacts to MC is currently not correlated to his treatment of her. It only matters if he used her services as a madame, whether he has generally douchy attitude, had sex with her on the roof and isn't in a relationship with Josy and Maya. He might have treated her like shit through every turn, and it still wouldn't make a difference.
But... that's... not entirely true. I basically never "used her services as a madame." The event that triggers her path is the rooftop sex, and I don't even think MC has to be "generally douch[e]y" to get the rooftop scene.

And even if she's doing this for someone else's sake, that's still not an excuse to hurt people. And yeah, some would argue if she's not dealing drugs, those people would buy from someone else, but that's where something called personal responsibility comes in. You can't excuse your own shitty behavior by saying 'the other guy does it too'. Not to mention her treatment of Maya gained her absolutely nothing other than making Maya miserable. The only conclusion I'm able to make here is she enjoys hurting people, so I don't care if she needs comfort - she hasn't earned the right to any.
Literally nothing I said was about excusing her behavior. I said that the premise of your argument isn't necessarily true, which nothing in your reply refutes. You made an assumption that Quinn is only out for herself and asserted that, therefore, it's unrealistic for Quinn to have feelings for MC because she's apparently incapable of having feelings for anyone... Now you're talking about personal responsibility and what Quinn does/doesn't deserve, but that's not what I was talking about, so I'm v confused about how we got here???

carlosrm

Oct 5, 2020
Putting myself in Sage's shoes, cheating on me would hurt me, yeah. But I would understand or try to understand that this was his way of freeing himself, of coming out of the closet.
Sure, he could finish sooner and avoid cheating, but he didn't want to take that risk because he knew that Sage would look for the "guilty'' of that breakup.
Now, putting myself in MC's shoes, I would avoid telling Sage. It's not lying to her, it's simply avoiding saying something that won't change anything in her (because the relationship is already broken, whatever you do), but that could change Chad's life.

brichouse

Oct 31, 2020
Putting myself in Sage's shoes, cheating on me would hurt me, yeah. But I would understand or try to understand that this was his way of freeing himself, of coming out of the closet.
Sure, he could finish sooner and avoid cheating, but he didn't want to take that risk because he knew that Sage would look for the "guilty'' of that breakup.
Now, putting myself in MC's shoes, I would avoid telling Sage. It's not lying to her, it's simply avoiding saying something that won't change anything in her (because the relationship is already broken, whatever you do), but that could change Chad's life.
Wait, so are you now agreeing that MC shouldn't tell her? Before you were saying he should, right? Did I change your mind? Or have I just been confused this whole time?

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
No, it would never be that. Relationships are not based on the bang ...
You are a human being towards those you pretend to care about, or not.
That guy hurt Sage .. end of story!

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Wait a minute ... soooo .. the only reason the a%%hole came out is because some other a$$hole polished his nogin?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Wait, so are you now agreeing that MC shouldn't tell her? Before you were saying he should, right? Did I change your mind? Or have I just been confused this whole time?
He deserves a ton of bricks !

brichouse

Oct 31, 2020
Wait a minute ... soooo .. the only reason the a%%hole came out is because some other a$$hole polished his nogin?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Uh... what are you talking about?
1. Chad isn't out at all.
2. Even if he was out, I'm not sure what's funny?
3. And I cannot reiterate this enough - Chad is not out.

No, it would never be that. Relationships are not based on the bang ...
You are a human being towards those you pretend to care about, or not.
Again, I'm just... confused. I don't know what you're talking about.

Blades1138

Jul 29, 2017
But... that's... not entirely true. I basically never "used her services as a madame." The event that triggers her path is the rooftop sex, and I don't even think MC has to be "generally douch[e]y" to get the rooftop scene.
You need to have DIK affinity for her path. That's what I'm referring to. Yeah, it can be achieved through several means, but the general implication is there.
You're right about not requiring to have used her services, I might have been mislead by something there.

carlosrm

Oct 5, 2020
Hi guys!
With the week long delay I managed to finish episode 7 and it was a freaking rollercoaster my dudes! One of the best episodes of BaDIK IMO <3

Can someone who has monitored the forums since the release tell me what are general impressions of the episode?
What people love/like and what people hate/dislike about the episode?

Also if someone could provide me with full list of scenes (because my MC missed many of them :p) I would be really thankful
I finished the chapter today, and for me, it is the best episode I have seen so far. Starting with the animations that DPC has implemented. Because of the variety of interactions that took place, and the reflections that the MC gives us when he begins to narrate near the end. I have even felt identified with those reflections, and it has made me very sentimental and melancholic. Everything has been very good, I have no complaints, but I have fear. (if you followed the route of Josy and Maya) I have felt that they have brought us very close to Josy in this chapter, and I fear that it is the beginning of a great fall. That approach is not for nothing, I hope I'm wrong, but I think there could be a fight with Josy in future chapters.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
MC is Sages guilty pleasure. She is still the HOT in charge. Top bombshell.
The former top alpha bangs around, go figgure, ends up no more top alpha.
To top it all off, the guy is hurting Sage yet they both pretend to be an item.
MC thoughts are simple and just: You hurt Sage you get the stick!
No remorse! No pitty! No holding back!
Uh... what are you talking about?
1. Chad isn't out at all.
2. Even if he was out, I'm not sure what's funny?
3. And I cannot reiterate this enough - Chad is not out.

Again, I'm just... confused. I don't know what you're talking about.
You mean to tell us you favor Maya over Josy?

I finished the chapter today, and for me, it is the best episode I have seen so far. Starting with the animations that DPC has implemented. Because of the variety of interactions that took place, and the reflections that the MC gives us when he begins to narrate near the end. I have even felt identified with those reflections, and it has made me very sentimental and melancholic. Everything has been very good, I have no complaints, but I have fear. (if you followed the route of Josy and Maya) I have felt that they have brought us very close to Josy in this chapter, and I fear that it is the beginning of a great fall. That approach is not for nothing, I hope I'm wrong, but I think there could be a fight with Josy in future chapters.

Reactions: JohnDelfino

playcoc

Oct 9, 2017
Hello can any one please help, I'm playing the android version of the game, but I can't find the mobile icon anywhere. How do I call josh, I'm at the starting of the game.

KarloB1990

Aug 20, 2019
  • Red Heart
Reactions: JamieSadistic

carlosrm

Oct 5, 2020
You mean to tell us you favor Maya over Josy?
No, I prefer josy over maya, and over the other girls.
what I am trying to say is that in this chapter they have brought us very close to Josy and we know that when that happens, it is because they want to make us very fond of her, and then hit us.
Maybe in the next chapters, Josy will do things that MC will not like and end up distancing themselves.

4.80 star(s) 1,525 Votes