felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Realistically there were only a few ways to handle it. Originally, I expected we'd just keep removing boxes (right through neutral if necessary) until we were only left with a single box, which would then effectively lock both our Status and Affinity. Once Permanent Affinity was revealed in Episode 6, I was hoping we'd still be be able to make the choices (they just wouldn't affect our Affinity anymore). In retrospect that sort of flexibility isn't DPC's style; the reason the system is so overly-complicated in the first place was probably to dissuade people from metagaming. So it really should not have been a surprise that not only are choices forced, the game will hide the choice itself, too.

In the long run that might be for the best; as I said, the rationale behind why some choices are more important than others was always the weakest link in the system. So if DPC does a good job tying future choices to a consistent 'ideal' for CHICK and DIK actions, it will probably give us the same replay value with less argument and less work from DPC. It won't be great at handling nuanced outlooks, but that was always going to be a big ask for an automated system.

Big IF though.

It's a good question. My first thought was that we could eventually get permanent Neutral Affinity if we play both sides long enough - though it would probably take all of Season 3 to get there.

But that does leave the question of what permanent Neutral Affinity would mean in practice. I doubt DPC would keep writing Major Decisions into the game just for Neutrals (who wouldn't even change their affinity as a result). So either the hypothetical Neutral would either get a standard choice (CHICKs or DIKs would either get no choice or have the other option greyed out), or the game would automatically pick CHICK or DIK for each action based on secondary information (sort of like how the ability to fight Caleb is DIK, but is also locked by the decision to fight the Jocks in Episode 2).

The second option is probably better, but neither seems all that satisfying. So I'm going to reverse course and say the decisions will probably continue until one side of the bar is completely exhausted. If I'm right, hopefully I'll remember this post when we finally learn the truth in ~2025. :cool:
If the prospect of 10 chapters was ever real, and only DPC knows this, it would have gone all the way to the end without any blocking of choices.

otherwise agreed

Last edited:

Zirael Q

Aug 28, 2017
I've spoken in the past about my mild distaste for the 'mind reader' narrative that we sometimes get. It can be a useful tool, but I sometimes think it would be more interesting if we did not always have it. Look at how differently this abridged scene with Jill feels without knowing her internal thoughts.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I could have easily seen Fuckface thinking that maybe Tybalt was having some success with Jill. Certainly, it might have shaken his confidence. This really underlines how important that early morning text from Jill was. Jill was a real champion offering that jog. She went out of her comfort zone for Fuckface because I think she knew how poorly the night ended from his point of view.

Replay that scene and pretend that Jill's internal thoughts aren't there. It really feels different.
Might be on point, yeah. After MC's interactions with each of the girls and how they each react, MC choosing not to fight makes more sense imo. He'll find more common ground with others
But hey, love has no logic... So to speak

seniorboop

Jun 5, 2021
shazba and crabsinthekitchen i played and it was hilarious. But i don't think it's the best ending for Jill path.

Got a save where Sage path is active, fucked Josy in ep 2, and Jill path is active. They all recognized it was MC's dick, Jill cried in the bathroom, still got the "this guy I like" vs. "this guy I thought I liked" dialogue and all the other Jill stuff of ep 7.

I think its good for her growth, she needs to grow up. Like Josy said, competition for MC exists and now she's fully aware of that. Im definitely sticking with that choice

Oct 19, 2020
Got a save where Sage path is active, fucked Josy in ep 2, and Jill path is active. They all recognized it was MC's dick, Jill cried in the bathroom, still got the "this guy I like" vs. "this guy I thought I liked" dialogue and all the other Jill stuff of ep 7.

I think its good for her growth, she needs to grow up. Like Josy said, competition for MC exists and now she's fully aware of that. Im definitely sticking with that choice

Yeah i get the same but i don't want to upset my lovely Jill. And i don't want to give any chance to Jill for being upset cause she has basicly no experience. I don't want to her feel awful.

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
Yeah i get the same but i don't want to upset my lovely Jill. And i don't want to give any chance to Jill for being upset cause she has basicly no experience. I don't want to her feel awful.

Wow why did I never see that.. My MC fucked every fuckable character in the game from Ep1 till ep 7, i got Sage's path active, Jill's path active and Bella's path active plus my MCs in a relationship with Maya/Josey and Jill but I never got the crying scene or Jill finding out about MC banging other girls or dating other girls

Darkdevil66

Apr 16, 2020
Wow why did I never see that.. My MC fucked every fuckable character in the game from Ep1 till ep 7, i got Sage's path active, Jill's path active and Bella's path active plus my MCs in a relationship with Maya/Josey and Jill but I never got the crying scene or Jill finding out about MC banging other girls or dating other girls
Then you didn't take the dick pic in EP5 :

ep5_tybalts_phone.jpg ep5_tybalts_phone.jpg ep7_tyb_pres_dp1.jpg

EfontMan

Aug 23, 2021
You find his phone but it is locked. You are given the option to take a dick pic or just leave it alone.

PhotoGruffer

Mar 11, 2019
I am definitely not one to boast about "The story of a video game"... But there is something about this game which perfectly identifies with a part of me who wishes I could experience exactly what the main character does. To be admired, both physically and mentally, by gorgeous women... To choose whether to be a nice guy, or a SOAB... To be a hero in a social circle...
Plus, as game design goes, the quality that went into the art and music selection in some ways is on par with GTAV.

Thanks for an amazing creation (/salute)

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Shit I think this was where u had to steal Tybalts phone right? during the break in or was it during the initiation party.. Im not sure but by my variables it says something about me not stealing Tybalts phone so I definitely missed it
Preps party

PhotoGruffer

Mar 11, 2019
You mean you wish to experience running around naked/in underwear with or without a skimask on during both night and day while stealing random pointless stuff? Are you a weirdo?? You'll fit right in then :whistle:
Damn rights! If I was as hot as he is, I would run around nekkid the same way, from party to party. lol

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Ennoch

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
You mean you wish to experience running around naked/in underwear with or without a skimask on during both night and day while stealing random pointless stuff? Are you a weirdo?? You'll fit right in then :whistle:
Well. Compared to the boring "study a lot, fail exams a lot just like everyone, near to zero social life" i experienced in Italian university i guess i'd go with it.

• Haha
Reactions: nyrek

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Well. Compared to the boring "study a lot, fail exams a lot just like everyone, near to zero social life" i experienced in Italian university i guess i'd go with it.
I never ever considered doing it. My school didn't have Bella for librarian you see. All we had were these old, often rude, prof dudes. It just wasn't the same. What if i jump out of the bush, naked asking for help.. and this old, bearded unlikable geezer just invites you home. Wants you to sleep there. Puts a blanket over you and watches as you closes your eyes.

Its just not the same!

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
What if i jump out of the bush, naked asking for help.. and this old, bearded unlikable geezer just invites you home. Wants you to sleep there. Puts a blanket over you and watches as you closes your eyes.
oh yes the good old days of male only private board school! although i remember spending most of the night playing chess! but oh boy if i had a dollar for every time something like that happened to me...i would be 1 dollar richer... who are we kidding, i would have just had another beer the next night with the boys!

in case you´re wondering since it might become a thorny topic... he won the game because i let him, ok?
besides i was already fucking his daughter the most beautiful girl/woman around.. there where 3 of them and the kitchen lady was very rude and had a foul mouth! i wonder if that is why i wanna fuck Beth so much... childhood does shape you into the man you´ll become!

reminds me of the good old days where i fucked my arch enemy girlfriend sister mother and aunt... well it helped that they were all the same girl... still counts! God bless Alabama the land of love where no love is forbidden (FOR BIDEN) may it be betewen a man and his wife, daughter, sister or mother or even with his horse, sheep,pig or goat in the end love prevails!

Oliver Wendell Homely

May 9, 2020
I've spoken in the past about my mild distaste for the 'mind reader' narrative that we sometimes get. It can be a useful tool, but I sometimes think it would be more interesting if we did not always have it. Look at how differently this abridged scene with Jill feels without knowing her internal thoughts.

I could have easily seen Fuckface thinking that maybe Tybalt was having some success with Jill. Certainly, it might have shaken his confidence. This really underlines how important that early morning text from Jill was. Jill was a real champion offering that jog. She went out of her comfort zone for Fuckface because I think she knew how poorly the night ended from his point of view.

Replay that scene and pretend that Jill's internal thoughts aren't there. It really feels different.
Agreed 100%. As much as I am loving BaDIK, I am disappointed on the few occasions when DPC has given us access into the inner thoughts of characters other than the MC. Not just Jill, but also Maya, Josy, and Bella. Show, don't tell! It almost always makes for better storytelling.

Oct 18, 2021
Agreed 100%. As much as I am loving BaDIK, I am disappointed on the few occasions when DPC has given us access into the inner thoughts of characters other than the MC. Not just Jill, but also Maya, Josy, and Bella. Show, don't tell! It almost always makes for better storytelling.
I think the initial post argued about the opposite thing you're saying in your reply. It highlighted the importance and necessity of occasional depiction of characters' thoughts in parentheses so the players get the underlying motivation/meaning that was thought of by a particular character.
However, coming back to your point, I agree wholeheartedly that I prefer when DPC just leaves us with a concrete facial expression of disinterest/sadness/happiness and whatever other reaction that could be visually depicted. But, DPC, on most occasions, leaves the characters' thoughts to the players' own interpretation, mostly using the internal thought depiction for the MC. Still, when he occasionally does so also for other characters, I believe those are in 90% of times relevant and not dense enough to classify as 'overcharacterization' of something that could be depicted just by the visuals. I know some VNs suffer from that or use that trick in order to avoid creating some visual expression, but I don't think that BADIK is one of them as we have discussed before that DPC can successfully get the message across to the players by masterfully creating e.g. facial expressions of the characters

TuffyTenToes

Aug 11, 2019
We didn't get any preview this week, right?

DPC said on the latest status update that only 28 animations were left to render, could we be getting a release date in tomorrow's status update?
If he's about to enter playtesting mode and playtest the entire episode, he must have a release date in his mind with more certainty.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Reggie32 and shazba

Ostap Bender

Jun 26, 2019
We didn't get any preview this week, right?

DPC said on the latest status update that only 28 animations were left to render, could we be getting a release date in tomorrow's status update?
If he's about to enter playtesting mode and playtest the entire episode, he must have a release date in his mind with more certainty.
No previews, only a rooster post with Maya's picture.

Unlikely that we will get a release date this Friday. DPC usually announces it during beta-test and it hasn't started yet.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes