BenMeiffert

Jul 29, 2020
Thanks for the response, but I didn't understand anything.
Did you play this game ??? The prelude is just to make us knowing who Zoey is. You know : the MC's only/best/sex/girl/friend...
And Zoey who was gone to live her dream of surf just came back... and could make Mc's life in really weird situations with the others girls at B&R...
More info in the next episode...
That was really hard to understand (and i'm not the best to write/read english...)

Reactions: Lexkar83

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Lots of branching indeed! With the choices forced upon us at the end of Episode 8, plus the 3 affinities, and the introduction of a new character, the amount of branching will be mind-boggling. Ok, affinity can be handled within the major branches, but there is a lot of other crap he has to keep track of. The number of variables maintained is already enormous.

We already have the Sage 'fuck buddy/rebound guy/I want you/I love somebody else' mess that he allowed. Who knows what other contortions will be made in releases to come. :D

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
Your argument about 2022 is not germane to this game.

However, this is all a useless argument. You're never going to change your mind, and neither am I. It's only speculation anyway. So I'll just let DrPinkCake settle it in due time.

EDIT: Oh yeah! Forgot to mention. What makes you think they wouldn't have a way to disguise what's going on in the van. All they would need would be a curtain.
The curtain is the exact same thing as presuming an undercover agent would just jump out of it. Why on gods green earth would they risk that ? I said before, if its an amateur, like a PI digging up dirt on Quinn for Stephen, then maybe... big maybe tho. But pro surveillance teams, take the least risky, least visible approach. They dont arrest or detain, they gather evidence and usually for months at a time. Their goal is to keep the suspect or suspects clueless to the fact, that they are being surveiled. So again, storywise I can see it, but on the realism scale, 0.1 out of 10 for me.

Letting DPC settle is is fair, lets roll with that. I never tried to change your mind tho, I learned a lot from people, including you, replying and giving me different points of view, I hope the same works in reverse. For me, it's not an argument to be won, its a super intruiging discussion. I mean for all we know, it could be the a painters Van, painting a few dorm rooms or smth. :D

Ir0n Ma1den

Jun 15, 2021
Do you have to be a drug addict to date quinn. I really hope there is a path when we can at least try to correct her life choises, drugs is a big no no. She can drink, she can party but drugs man.

It will come crashing down on the addicts like tommy(Who had a withdrawl), Riona and quinn.

My Tremolo is a dik, but a dik with a big heart who doesn't abandon his friends and women.

On that note, please don't do drugs and excessive alcohol.

Reactions: Ghost2529 and pzlTP

BigbyWulfe

Feb 25, 2020
There anyway you can break down the massive file download? the only ones that work are mega and gofile. mega requires you to download their app for whatever reason just to download this massive file which says its 18.60 gig while gofile says its 20 gigs. where did this extra 1.4 gig come from? im not risking my computer for a VN no matter how much i may like it.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Such a thing is not possible, the MC is not a virgin.

You may attempt a chaste playthrough. You'll have to 'make Quinn stop' by claiming you came early in the cumpetition, and then actively avoid all interest in the women as the game progresses. Don't get frisky with Quinn's girls or the strippers, and reject providing assistance to Maya & Jill, etc.
Will MC wander through campus with a Bible in his hand demanding repentance?

I await for a "redeem-yourselves' route".

Reactions: crunchycoleslaw

nyrek

Apr 19, 2021
Do you have to be a drug addict to date quinn. I really hope there is a path when we can at least try to correct her life choises, drugs is a big no no. She can drink, she can party but drugs man.

It will come crashing down on the addicts like tommy(Who had a withdrawl), Riona and quinn.

My Tremolo is a dik, but a dik with a big heart who doesn't abandon his friends and women.

On that note, please don't do drugs and excessive alcohol.
OKAY DAD

pretty sure I haven't been able to start the quinn path without smoking weed on the roof
but weed ain't drugs anyway

May 3, 2022
Pretty much.
If you're going all the way with Jill, you can't pick Others iirc. If you don't take it further on Bella's couch, you're definitely out. Depending on your Affinity and whether or not Bella recommends you, you might be already out at the Tennis date.
So I checked the dinner date, it looks like it's unavoidable if you are not DIK and got Eps 7 lewd. So her cut off point would be not going on the picnic date to stop sex from happening. Thanks!

Jill: Don't go to the picnic date.
Bella: It might be possible visit and kiss her in the library and then end her path by not making a move on her in the Sauna. But the safe bet is to not go to the library at all which ends the path there.
Sage: Never take her fuckbuddy or dating after Chad options.
MJ: Just say you wanna be friend zoned. Don't have sex on Josy back home date.

So what about SG's?

SG's: All of them have an opt out/leave dialogue yeah? Or is there one who will force a sex scene if you go down a path too far?

Ir0n Ma1den

Jun 15, 2021
OKAY DAD

pretty sure I haven't been able to start the quinn path without smoking weed on the roof
but weed ain't drugs anyway
I didn't mean weed, but harder drugs. Also Quinn, Riona and Tommy have hard time with weed(They are addicted).

Addiction is bad my friend.

Reactions: Ostap Bender

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019

It will be a short update today as it's hard to report on the status when I have been writing all week. I've worked on dialogue, free-roam, and phone content.

Writing has been going well, and I have plenty left to write. I feel the episode getting more organized and defined each day I write. It is both fun and challenging because I haven't done this level of branching before.

Planning is key for this episode, so I've been going back and forth to my drawing board a lot to make sure the episode will work for all branches.

I'll probably spend another week writing before working on art again.

I'll have a new preview for you within a few days, and the poll for the second special render set will go live tomorrow.

In this poll, it will either be Jill or Isabella who gets a special render set in episode 9. Sign up as a $10 patron to participate.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
I'm really starting to worry that the episode might come out in October. I do not believe that Pink will intentionally delay the release by Halloween, it is quite difficult to plan correctly and he will do it at a pace convenient for him.

Branching with a lot of dialogs can be a problem for him. I suggest all fans be prepared for the fact that there will be a lot of logical inconsistencies in this episode.

Some things will be poorly explained, an event on the path of one girl will contradict an event on the path of another, and so on. I would generally perceive episode 9 as experimental. I think there will be a lot of arguments and discontent after the end, as there was at the end of episode 8, when Pink broke the lines of some characters, vaguely explained the motivation of the main character.

Branching is usually of two types. These are full-fledged arches the size of an entire game and just small arches of characters woven into the main game. The main problem is that Pink works alone. To implement this without any mistakes, he needs at least an editor, and in an ideal second scriptwriter so that they can write independently of each other and then compare the written scripts. I am more than sure that DPC does not even need a second artist, but a second screenwriter. Such big games for 30 hours with such an ambitious branching are not written alone.

Last edited:
Reactions: spl00sh321

Ir0n Ma1den

Jun 15, 2021
I'm really starting to worry that the episode might come out in October. I do not believe that Pink will intentionally delay the release by Halloween, it is quite difficult to plan correctly and he will do it at a pace convenient for him.

Branching with a lot of dialogs can be a problem for him. I suggest all fans be prepared for the fact that there will be a lot of logical inconsistencies in this episode.

Some things will be poorly explained, an event on the path of one girl will contradict an event on the path of another, and so on. I would generally perceive episode 9 as experimental. I think there will be a lot of arguments and discontent after the end, as there was at the end of episode 8, when Pink broke the lines of some characters, vaguely explained the motivation of the main character.
Also a lot of retconning. But I think he will mange it for the most part.

PinkmeX

May 14, 2020
There anyway you can break down the massive file download? the only ones that work are mega and gofile. mega requires you to download their app for whatever reason just to download this massive file which says its 18.60 gig while gofile says its 20 gigs. where did this extra 1.4 gig come from? im not risking my computer for a VN no matter how much i may like it.
It's a same file, just two different units of measurements presented as same. One is in gibibytes and one in gigabytes.

Reactions: `Ray`

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
Also a lot of retconning. But I think he will mange it for the most part.
Retcon is essentially a recognition by Pink that he cannot explain the plot events logically. Retcon is certainly not fatal, but frequent use of retcon as well as Deus ex machina (this will also be, I think) will lead to the destruction of the fanon and as a result, players will be skeptical about the game.

den_tiger

Feb 16, 2022
So I checked the dinner date, it looks like it's unavoidable if you are not DIK and got Eps 7 lewd. So her cut off point would be not going on the picnic date to stop sex from happening. Thanks!

Bella: It might be possible visit and kiss her in the library and then end her path by not making a move on her in the Sauna. But the safe bet is to not go to the library at all which ends the path there.

So what about SG's?

SG's: All of them have an opt out/leave dialogue yeah? Or is there one who will force a sex scene if you go down a path too far?
Hmmm. Most of the SG's routes are started by paying them for sex or via swyper so just don't spend money on them and don't use swyper. and ignore jade's advances.

Reactions: noctarima

schinoize

Jun 8, 2021

So what about SG's?

Yes, not going to the picnic date will end her path (for now). If you want as little Jill content as possible, then don't take it further on Bella's couch when they're staying overnight. Then Jill won't call you during her practice session in the auditorium and won't show up at your door to invite you to the picnic.

About the SGs, can't think of any forced sex scene right now. You should always have the chance to back out.

Reactions: ename144

den_tiger

Feb 16, 2022
The only explanation I can think of is that one uses Metric and the other uses Binary. A metric GB = 1,000,000,000 bytes. A binary GB = 1024^3 bytes.

den_tiger

Feb 16, 2022

Branching is usually of two types. These are full-fledged arches the size of an entire game and just small arches of characters woven into the main game. The main problem is that Pink works alone. To implement this without any mistakes, he needs at least an editor, and in an ideal second scriptwriter so that they can write independently of each other and then compare the written scripts. I am more than sure that DPC does not even need a second artist, but a second screenwriter. Such big games for 30 hours with such an ambitious branching are not written alone.
He mentioned in an interview that he gets help with proofreading and beta testing.
I think one of the reasons he made the MC choose a girl at the end of episode 8 was to prune the possible branches going forward.
The MC's relationships with the girls are essentially subplots interwoven with the main plot.
The main plots are being a dik - hell week, mansion repair and maya's tuition problem - doing the hot scavenger hunt, sage helping in the end.
Regardless of who you date, those things are fixed with minor variations.

Reactions: Walter Victor

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Leeroy Jenkins?!
He does at least have lots of chicken.

Yea, thats what I said when I discussed it with sixart, if this is just a story telling element, as in DPC hitting us over the head with a club saying : 'something is going on !', then according to the forum DPC is a friggin genius. Even though its 2022 and you can fit a digital cam into the head of a needlepin, a Van apparently signifies surveillance. Inconspicuous seems to trump invisible. But to just tell a story, I get it, it would still be fantasy island, but its a cheap and quick way to do it.

'The guy stepping out', by jumping out the back of the Van in broad daylight, just gave everyone passing by a clear view inside the back of the Van with all the audio and visual equipment...so I'm gonna stick with 'nope'.

And 'a guy' is okay, I mean dalli clearly showed it on the pic, that happened. My point is there is no way, that that person could be an undercover agent or informant, they would never risk that. There are a million ways to debrief him/her or to send and recieve information, they sure wouldnt take the riskiest way to break his/her cover, just for the hell of it.
I don't disagree with your points about proper surveillance techniques, but it's important to remember this is a work of fiction. The ultimate goal of any plot point is to advance the plot. If Riona were being watched so effectively that Riona never noticed it the end result would be that this subplot (whatever it winds up being) would be sprung upon us without any warning. That would likely work very poorly.

The game needs proper foreshadowing, even if that means 'realistic' logic sometimes needs to take a backseat. Now that sort of thinking can only go so far - see the Jill blackmail subplot for an example of ignoring too many implications of stupid behavior - but it's an important thing to keep in mind. IMHO, using a somewhat recognizable van for surveillance is a reasonable compromise, at least based on what we know so far. We'll see how it goes.

Lots of branching indeed! With the choices forced upon us at the end of Episode 8, plus the 3 affinities, and the introduction of a new character, the amount of branching will be mind-boggling. Ok, affinity can be handled within the major branches, but there is a lot of other crap he has to keep track of. The number of variables maintained is already enormous.

We already have the Sage 'fuck buddy/rebound guy/I want you/I love somebody else' mess that he allowed. Who knows what other contortions will be made in releases to come. :D
Maybe. The game had plenty of branching already in Season 2 and the crossroads still fucked most of it up. I'm trying to stay optimistic, but I'm not feeling the hype just because DPC is talking a big game. I need to see how DPC handles the branches before I'm willing to buy in.

So what about SG's?

If you're looking to avoid as much lewd content as possible, I'd suggest:
  • Josy: Don't sleep with her in Episode 2. It's probably safest to tell Derek you have no lingering feelings for her in Episode 5, but as of right now it makes no difference.
  • Maya: Have Massive CHICK Status during her family picture show in Episode 2 (or dance with Sage then leave at the first opportunity). Don't offer to help her in Episode 3. It's probably safest to tell Derek you have no lingering feelings for her in Episode 5, but as of right now it makes no difference.
  • Sage: Keep the guitar lessons strictly about music in Episodes 3 & 4 (or don't offer to teach her at all). Don't start anything with her in Episode 7.
  • Jill: Don't kiss her during the date in Episode 4. Don't make out with her at Bella's in Episode 5.
  • Bella: Don't go visit her in the library in Episode 4.
  • Quinn: Intentionally lose the CUM-petition in Episode 2. Don't do drugs on the roof in Episode 4.
  • Side Girls: Just turn them down at any opportunity. Avoid any Major Decisions that might involve fooling around and don't talk to anyone on Swyper.
As noted, the MC isn't a virgin so the flashback sex scenes with Zoey are unavoidable. But that should skip just about everything else. We'll have to wait for Season 3 to see if present day Zoey can force something to happen despite our wishes.

Last edited:

hakuna-matata

May 30, 2020

I am afraid this game will some day completed in the 2040s.

Reactions: Harathorne

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
He mentioned in an interview that he gets help with proofreading and beta testing.
I think one of the reasons he made the MC choose a girl at the end of episode 8 was to prune the possible branches going forward.
The MC's relationships with the girls are essentially subplots interwoven with the main plot.
The main plots are being a dik - hell week, mansion repair and maya's tuition problem - doing the hot scavenger hunt, sage helping in the end.
Regardless of who you date, those things are fixed with minor variations.
A proofreader is not the same as an editor. He corrects grammatical, punctuation and phraseological errors (DPC is not a native English speaker) and does not interfere with the script itself.

In addition, it is important to understand that branching will lead to a decrease in the total time of the episode. The player will now follow the path of a particular girl and all other paths of the girls will be blocked. Relatively speaking, if earlier one episode lasted two hours and the player could interact with all the girls, now it can last half an hour or forty minutes due to the fact that we are on the path of one girl. I will be interested in how Pink will solve this problem. Apparently, the mini-game should artificially stretch the gameplay so that the player does not notice.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,531 Votes