ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I think someone on the off-topic thread said DPC usually only starts grabbing names for the Patreon credit screen when the release is about a month out. Still, he also said that rate of progress for it to be completed by late November is (paraphrasing) very doubtful.
DPC clearly thinks the end is in sight; he's ticking down a list of what's left to complete, he's hoping to pose the final animations, and as you say he's organizing the Patreon credits. So I think we really are in the final stages of development, it's just a question of how long that will take, which seems likely to come down to the animation queue.

Currently we seem to be heading for an early-ish December release. We might just be able to hit the end of November if rendering to continues to accelerate and DPC edits tightly, but I don't think that's realistically going to happen. I also don't think late December is likely since I doubt DPC wants to handle a release in the middle of the holidays. So my guess is he'll either push to get it out in the first half of December or release it just after the new year. But those are just guesses.

Well, I feel the opposite. I think ep. 7 is fine (and the free roam party is great) and ep. 8 is great.

A lot of important and very important things finally happened in episode 8, so why is it a letdown? :unsure:
Did you really miss my wall of text explaining the letdown? :p

To summarize, it mostly comes down to two things: I thought the crossroads was a mess and I don't like where the game seems to be going in Season 3.

On the crossroads, DPC wanted a big decision moment, but he did a lousy job pacing the various paths to get to that point. DPC ducked out of showing the MC formalize things with Maya and Josy because he wanted that moronic 'twist' with the Burkes. So the throuple has effectively been stalled for the whole of Season 2. Sage's path was twisted into a pretzel because DPC had advanced the fuck buddies route too quickly (hence the infamous 'rebound guy' concern coming out of nowhere to cool it off) and hadn't developed the friendship route enough (hence the MC going from zero to 3-out-of-5 in a single party). [Oh, and Sage had to timeshare her only sex scene in Episode 8 with Quinn, which is unconscionable! :mad:] Bella's path would be fine... except that the MC flat out refuses to ask WTF happened to her husband, as though that's a minor concern. Jill's path is the only one that works from a pacing point of view - and that still required slogging through Tybalt's blackmail bullshit so Jill winds up looking like an imbecile.

All of those problems with the crossroad were then magnified by the way the episode ended. First, we get that miserable one-size-fits-all 'twist' where the MC craps his pants because Sage is a Burke. An MC who fucked his new girlfriend's mom and slugged her brother has the same reaction as an MC who realized his friend's mom is his teacher. Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot.

I really cannot overemphasize how colossal a mistake that was. You don't force the player to make a (supposedly) huge, long-lasting decision hinging on our past actions and then railroad us into a panic attack that ignores the glaring differences our past actions make to the situation at hand. That one move completely undercut all the good will DPC had built up reflecting our choices in small dialogues or altered scenes, all for a dumb twist plenty of us saw coming a season away. Clearly our decisions don't matter.

Second, we get the return of Zoey, and in particular we get the Interlude. To me this signals that Season 3 isn't going to be about the MC and his chosen girl trying to make a go of the new relationship, it's going to be about the MC second guessing his decision at the crossroads. Sure, at first glance those seem to be two sides of the same coin, but I see it as a matter of emphasis. Zoey doesn't need her own side game if she's just going to be a factor in the MC's new situation, she needs the Interlude if she's going to be the factor in it.

Combine that with the fact Episode 9 is titled 'Vixens,' and it sure seems like DPC expects us as players to be torn up second guessing ourselves. Well, I'm just not. I made my choice ages ago and I've been waiting for the game to catch up; the thought that I'll have to slog through yet another season of limbo to get there is... off-putting. It should be up to us whether the MC second guesses his call at the crossroads - and even if DPC pulls rank and makes the MC sulk again, we need a chance to experience the changes his decision caused before we worry about branches not taken.

Basically, Episode 8 gave me the impression DPC is too invested in the small set pieces at the cost of the overall narrative flow of the game. The set pieces can still be a lot of fun, but they don't build into something larger. They just happen in a vacuum and we shouldn't worry about the convolutions necessary to get to the next piece. DPC won't let us make real choices because he's afraid we'll miss the good bits, and thus he undermines the illusion of choice that makes the game so enjoyable.

My ultimate complaint about Acting Lessons is that it felt like it was less than the sum of its parts; I'd hate to see something similar happen to BaDIK. You are, of course, free to disagree, but that's how I see it right now. I'll still be thrilled to be proven wrong.

I can't even imagine that someone does not like the latest episodes, for me Episode 7 and 8 are great. The game has grown a lot in quality, both visually and in narrative. Maybe someone didn't like that DPC gave the player an ultimatum in Episode 8 - choose your MG or not at all. This gameplay decision may cause dissatisfaction among some players, I agree.
See above. And to be clear I still liked Episode 8, it just killed a lot of my enthusiasm for Season 3. I've gone from "I can't wait to see more!" to "...please don't fuck this up." Which has not made the wait for Episode 9 particularly enjoyable.

Last edited:

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Zoey has a nice ass and I want to see that ass sitting on Maya's face
It's not crazy that Zoey and Maya could have a thing for each other. A 4some with MC Josy, Maya and Zoey might be hard to pull off I don't Zoey and Josy will like each other at first. I mean after all Zoey leaves MC see's Josy and likes Zoey who?

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
shhh

let him dream, don't be rude
Come to think of it, doesn't Zoey tell Emma in the Interlude she isn't interested in girls, though? Or am remembering it wrong, it's been a while.
The only scene where the topic is mentioned It's when you choose who to send to Emma's pics

A guy (Brett, Jonah) or a girl (Jenna)
screenshot0047.jpg screenshot0048.jpg screenshot0049.jpg
So Zoey's sexuality wasn't really talked about...

Because all the conversation is about Jenna's sexuality.

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
DPC clearly thinks the end is in sight; he's ticking down a list of what's left to complete, he's hoping to pose the final animations, and as you say he's organizing the Patreon credits. So I think we really are in the final stages of development, it's just a question of how long that will take, which seems likely to come down to the animation queue.

Currently we seem to be heading for an early-ish December release. We might just be able to hit the end of November if rendering to continues to accelerate and DPC edits tightly, but I don't think that's realistically going to happen. I also don't think late December is likely since I doubt DPC wants to handle a release in the middle of the holidays. So my guess is he'll either push to get it out in the first half of December or release it just after the new year. But those are just guesses.

Did you really miss my wall of text explaining the letdown? :p

To summarize, it mostly comes down to two things: I thought the crossroads was a mess and I don't like where the game seems to be going in Season 3.

On the crossroads, DPC wanted a big decision moment, but he did a lousy job pacing the various paths to get to that point. DPC ducked out of showing the MC formalize things with Maya and Josy because he wanted that moronic 'twist' with the Burkes. So the throuple has effectively been stalled for the whole of Season 2. Sage's path was twisted into a pretzel because DPC had advanced the fuck buddies route too quickly (hence the infamous 'rebound guy' concern coming out of nowhere to cool it off) and hadn't developed the friendship route enough (hence the MC going from zero to 3-out-of-5 in a single party). [Oh, and Sage had to timeshare her only sex scene in Episode 8 with Quinn, which is unconscionable! :mad:] Bella's path would be fine... except that the MC flat out refuses to ask WTF happened to her husband, as though that's a minor concern. Jill's path is the only one that works from a pacing point of view - and that still required slogging through Tybalt's blackmail bullshit so Jill winds up looking like an imbecile.

All of those problems with the crossroad were then magnified by the way the episode ended. First, we get that miserable one-size-fits-all 'twist' where the MC craps his pants because Sage is a Burke. An MC who fucked his new girlfriend's mom and slugged her brother has the same reaction as an MC who realized his friend's mom is his teacher. Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot.

I really cannot overemphasize how colossal a mistake that was. You don't force the player to make a (supposedly) huge, long-lasting decision hinging on our past actions and then railroad us into a panic attack that ignores the glaring differences our past actions make to the situation at hand. That one move completely undercut all the good will DPC had built up reflecting our choices in small dialogues or altered scenes, all for a dumb twist plenty of us saw coming a season away. Clearly our decisions don't matter.

On top of that, we get the return of Zoey, and in particular we get the Interlude. To me this signals that Season 3 isn't going to be about the MC and his chosen girl trying to make a go of the new relationship, it's going to be about the MC second guessing his decision at the crossroads. Sure, at first glance those seem to be two sides of the same coin, but I see it as a matter of emphasis. Zoey doesn't need her own side game if she's just going to be a factor in the MC's new situation, she needs the Interlude if she's going to be the factor in it.

Combine that with the fact Episode 9 is titled 'Vixens,' and it sure seems like DPC expects us as players to be torn up second guessing ourselves. Well, I'm just not. I made my choice ages ago and I've been waiting for the game to catch up; the thought that I'll have to slog through yet another season of limbo to get there is... off-putting. It should be up to us whether the MC second guesses his call at the crossroads - and even if DPC pulls rank and makes the MC sulk again, we need a chance to experience the changes his decision caused before we worry about branches not taken.

Basically, Episode 8 gave me the impression DPC is too invested in the small set pieces of the game at the cost of the overall narrative flow. The set pieces can still be a lot of fun, but they don't build into something larger. They just happen in a vacuum and we shouldn't worry about the convolutions necessary to get to the next piece. DPC won't let us make real choices because he's afraid we'll miss the good bits, and thus he undermines the illusion of choice that makes the game so enjoyable. My ultimate complaint about Acting Lessons is that it felt like it was less than the sum of its parts; I'd hate to see something similar happen to BaDIK.

You are, of course, free to disagree, but that's how I see it right now. I'll still be thrilled to be proven wrong.

See above. And to be clear I still liked Episode 8, it just killed a lot of my enthusiasm for Season 3. I've gone from "I can't wait to see more!" to "...please don't fuck this up." Which has not made the wait for Episode 9 particularly enjoyable.
Other than his disdain for Bella, Quinn, Jaye :WaitWhat:, Amanda I usually agree with ename :Kappa:

It's not crazy that Zoey and Maya could have a thing for each other. A 4some with MC Josy, Maya and Zoey might be hard to pull off I don't Zoey and Josy will like each other at first. I mean after all Zoey leaves MC see's Josy and likes Zoey who?
We are still waiting for a proper threesome and you decided to reach for the sky?

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
A great question I have.

Who does that backpack belong to?
screenshot0030.jpg
We know it's someone who still can't drink legally so there are at least 3 Li rejected screenshot0031.jpg

nyrek

Apr 19, 2021
It's not really betrayal, though. Zoey has a prior claim, she discovered that meaty mountain and climbed it first. ;)
but lipe betraying maya? that's some spanish soap opera level of betrayal

Zoey has a nice ass and I want to see that ass sitting on Maya's face
1666456104768.png

please, do continue
I hope there's some MC in that story too :sneaky:

It's not really betrayal, though. Zoey has a prior claim, she discovered that meaty mountain and climbed it first. ;)
is this you getting me back for saying jade is my go-to milf? :KEK:

Reactions: ffive and noctarima

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
pink tend to be Josy color
Yes, but the problem is that Josy wasn't studying and/or working with the MC at the time?
Doesn't that happen in San Diego? The bag says FG don't know if that means anything, its to big to be Josy she fall over mmm what if its Jill or Maya?
Jill I don't think so because she's rich why would she be in a seedy hostel? :ROFLMAO:

Or maybe it's Lily? But no one knows her age so let's say she must be 19 at least :ROFLMAO:

It has to be someone who is within the plot of the main story because if it were some new character DPC would have shown it from the beginning

because at no time can you see who it is and it has to be a woman because I don't think they are mixed rooms

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Yes, but the problem is that Josy wasn't studying and/or working with the MC at the time?

Jill I don't think so because she's rich why would she be in a seedy hostel? :ROFLMAO:

Or maybe it's Lily? But no one knows her age so let's say she must be 19 at least :ROFLMAO:

It has to be someone who is within the plot of the main story because if it were some new character DPC would have shown it from the beginning

because at no time can you see who it is and it has to be a woman because I don't think they are mixed rooms
Could be Lily might be older then she looks or one of the other hots but the real question is why the fuck would anyone go to San Diego besides the beach

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
Bruh, I can't even find the asset, either some bundle or DPC may have a custom backpack, which pretty much confirms it will be important? /dalli off

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Bruh, I can't even find the asset, either some bundle or DPC may have a custom backpack, which pretty much confirms it will be important? /dalli off
well the bag says FG clearly it means Future Girlfriend or fucking gay or funny gal or funny guy

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
Basically, Episode 8 gave me the impression DPC is too invested in the small set pieces of the game at the cost of the overall narrative flow. The set pieces can still be a lot of fun, but they don't build into something larger. They just happen in a vacuum and we shouldn't worry about the convolutions necessary to get to the next piece.
On other games I see suggestions that starting a game while not having the major brush strokes in place all the way through to the end is a bad thing. This is the flipside of the coin, if you have the brush strokes in place then you need everyone to see the brush strokes so they don't miss the main storyline. It also means stretching or shrinking minor storylines to fit between the brush strokes.

That's why Fuckface snowflakes out about Josy and Maya no matter whether you were trying to fuck neither/either/both of them, because that was required for the main storyline. It's why Fuckface freaks out about Sage's parents no matter what you've done with Jade/Sage/Tybalt, it's required for the main storyline.

All it needed was a single decision to be taken out of our hands at any point, for instance you fuck Josy no matter what when you visit her, given the history DPC had already taken out of the player's hands regarding the huge crush turning out to be reciprocated, it wouldn't be out of the question for Fuckface to fuck Josy without the player making the choice, therefore making his snowflake reaction more understandable.

Likewise DPC could have taken the tennis game out of the player's hands and had Fuckface hit Tybalt in the face no matter what, just remove the relatively pointless minigame and make Fuckface bad at tennis. Tybalt then swears he'll get Fuckface back, so when he realises he has to deal with Tybalt's family to help Maya he freaks out because he thinks Tybalt will use this chance to get back at him if he's party to the discussions.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
That's why Fuckface snowflakes out about Josy and Maya no matter whether you were trying to fuck neither/either/both of them, because that was required for the main storyline. It's why Fuckface freaks out about Sage's parents no matter what you've done with Jade/Sage/Tybalt, it's required for the main storyline.
those are two moments you can't compare

it is the player who may or may not be interested in Maya and Josy, but MC is. he has had a crush on Josy since before the game started.

instead with the "fuck, fuck, fuck" there are several situations that are compeltely in the hands of the choices made by the player
the problem is not the shock, but that this is always the same (a situation that has somehow been corrected with the interlude) whether MC has just found out that he has had sex with his "mother-in-law" or whether he has "only" found out who her friend's adoptive parents are

in addition to this difference: that MC is taken with both girls serves the plot for at least the entirety of a chapter, that MC is upset with Sage's family served only to DPC to give a twist closure to the chapter, a twist that for a great many players will vanish completely at the beginning of the next chapter

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes