ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
instead with the "fuck, fuck, fuck" there are several situations that are compeltely in the hands of the choices made by the player
the problem is not the shock, but that this is always the same (a situation that has somehow been corrected with the interlude) whether MC has just found out that he has had sex with his "mother-in-law" or whether he has "only" found out who her friend's adoptive parents are
The shock can be very well based on elements which are common regardless of player's decisions -- Jade has been hitting on the MC, Tybalt has had his party ruined by MC and Derek, and considered the MC to be thorn in his side to the point he used Fuckface for his blackmail of Jill that ultimately backfired. The optional actions the player might've taken can potentially make the situation even worse, but there's enough of predetermined elements to make the freakout justified on all paths, and not something that's going to just vanish completely for people who didn't go the extra mile themselves.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
The shock can be very well based on elements which are common regardless of player's decisions -- Jade has been hitting on the MC, Tybalt has had his party ruined by MC and Derek, and considered the MC to be thorn in his side to the point he used Fuckface for his blackmail of Jill that ultimately backfired. The optional actions the player might've taken can potentially make the situation even worse, but there's enough of predetermined elements to make the freakout justified on all paths, and not something that's going to just vanish completely for people who didn't go the extra mile themselves.
it seems to me that the dangers posed by the player's choices are immeasurably greater than the "common" ones. so a "common" reaction remains foolish. and the point is this

then I would also take issue with this shock at actions MC has never worried about before: did he ever seem uncomfortable with Jade after the flirtation? or ever worried about ruining the party for the son of two prominent professors at the college he attends? but that's a secondary issue anyway

Reactions: ename144

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
then I would also take issue with this shock at actions MC has never worried about before: did he ever seem uncomfortable with Jade after the flirtation? or ever worried about ruining the party for the son of two prominent professors at the college he attends? but that's a secondary issue anyway
IIRC he's pretty much "wtf, is she seriously flashing me with her husband in the room / hitting on me with her friend sitting right over here" in reaction to Jade's advances rather than "woooo, free pussy!!1one". And he might not have been shown actively worrying about Tybalt while he doesn't think Tybalt has any leverage over him, but this is precisely why sudden realization Tybalt *can* influence important decision whether Maya receives help becomes a "fuck fuck fuck" moment.

SomboSteel

May 8, 2017
that's just giving DPC an excuse to not do as good of a job as he should when branching his paths and intertwining his story. many people here praise DPC's writing as some of the best on the site, and in that case its totally unacceptable to give the noticeably weak parts of his writing a pass cause its "close enough" to as believable/acceptable as he intended.

this was a lazy shortcut by DPC. it feels like he wants us to all praise his branching paths and the illusion of choice it provides, but then lays it all bare with scenes like this that undermine the idea that this is actually our story and that we have any sense of control over how this plays out for the MC.

this scene deserved to be much better than it was, IMO

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
IIRC he's pretty much "wtf, is she seriously flashing me with her husband in the room / hitting on me with her friend sitting right over here" in reaction to Jade's advances rather than "woooo, free pussy!!1one". And he might not have been shown actively worrying about Tybalt while he doesn't think Tybalt has any leverage over him, but this is precisely why sudden realization Tybalt *can* influence important decision whether Maya receives help becomes a "fuck fuck fuck" moment.
That was a secondary aspect anyway....

for me if he had modulated the scene as he did later in the interlude it would have been much better, and realism had nothing to do with his choice, DPC wanted to invent a twist, if you liked it good for you

C00m3rZ00m3r

Oct 12, 2020
Any news on a new update? I put off playing the interlude just so I could get more bang for my buck (in a literal sense). Any info would be appreciated :)

Astongally

Jan 5, 2022
Zoey's story, in a nutshell is like this: she's bored of her life, so she decided to use the money of an heritance to travel to San Diego to live there. In San Diego she meets some people and some things happens to her... that she doesn't find interesting enough to continue living there. So she gets bored again and returns home...

So, if even Zoey got bored of her story in San Diego... Why DPC thought that the players would find that story interesting enough for a full update? I'm really curious about it.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Any news on a new update? I put off playing the interlude just so I could get more bang for my buck (in a literal sense). Any info would be appreciated :)
There was a update yesterday but a wounderful person N ot wanting A nyone to hur Z the business I f possible delete it. DPC hopes for November release it sounds like

• Haha
Reactions: PappaSchlumpf

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
If I have version 0.8.1, can I still get the update patch to 0.8.3? and maybe the interlude?
0.8.3 only removes some songs for copyright reasons, so if you like the punk rock songs, including the main theme don't upgrade.
Not sure if you can install from 0.8.1, or you need 0.8.2. Interlude is separate download

Reactions: Razrback16

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
0.8.3 only removes some songs for copyright reasons, so if you like the punk rock songs, including the main theme don't upgrade.
Not sure if you can install from 0.8.1, or you need 0.8.2. Interlude is separate download
Ya, this is why I backed up the 0.8.2 installer on my server. Will never even download 0.8.3 as long as 0.8.2 works fine on the migration for saves.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes