Ostap Bender

Jun 26, 2019

Pendrell

Apr 10, 2020
Its fair to say, he went overboard with the animations, and i think he will realise that.
Being generous to DPC for a moment, I think the jury is still out on the question of whether he went overboard this time. Don't get me wrong, I'm leaning in that direction myself, but it could be that the episode is a total knockout and justifies every day it took to create. Fan response to episode 9 could be so overwhelmingly positive that it simply reinforces his belief in what he's doing and the way he's doing it. We'd only see him start to question his approach if, after playing the episode, people come out with comments like this in sufficient numbers:

"Sure, it was good...but was it really 9 months' worth of development time good?"

That's a crunch question, I think. And by taking as long as he has this time around, he's pretty much guaranteed that it will factor in to how a lot of people play the episode. After the initial buzz has faded...was it worth it?

Among the things I'll be looking out for is the 1 minute 23 second long animation that is included somewhere in episode 9. Remember we know from the status updates that that animation alone took very nearly one whole month to render. It could be amazing...but will it be amazing enough that you wouldn't trade it to knock about four weeks off development time right now?

Like any creative endeavour game development is about choices: what do you spend your time and resources on, what's worth spending your time and resources on. For the verdict on whether he got the balance right for episode 9 we'll have to wait another 1 minute 23 seconds worth of development time and cross our fingers that it was worth it.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Being generous to DPC for a moment, I think the jury is still out on the question of whether he went overboard this time. Don't get me wrong, I'm leaning in that direction myself, but it could be that the episode is a total knockout and justifies every day it took to create. Fan response to episode 9 could be so overwhelmingly positive that it simply reinforces his belief in what he's doing and the way he's doing it. We'd only see him start to question his approach if, after playing the episode, people come out with comments like this in sufficient numbers:

"Sure, it was good...but was it really 9 months' worth of development time good?"

That's a crunch question, I think. And by taking as long as he has this time around, he's pretty much guaranteed that it will factor in to how a lot of people play the episode. After the initial buzz has faded...was it worth it?

Among the things I'll be looking out for is the 1 minute 23 second long animation that is included somewhere in episode 9. Remember we know from the status updates that that animation alone took very nearly one whole month to render. It could be amazing...but will it be amazing enough that you wouldn't trade it to knock about four weeks off development time right now?

Like any creative endeavour game development is about choices: what do you spend your time and resources on, what's worth spending your time and resources on. For the verdict on whether he got the balance right for episode 9 we'll have to wait another 1 minute 23 seconds worth of development time and cross our fingers that it was worth it.
I think the EP 9 is going to be great maybe the best buts not going to justify the wait for the episode yes when playing I'm not going to care long it took but afterward yes I say it was good or great but it shouldn't had taken this long

BorgiaBou

Jul 24, 2021
DPC replied to a comment on Patreon:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This sounds like a bunch of excuses to me, he clearly has no intention to speed things up...

If this bothers you, my recommendation would be to stop supporting me and the game between releases or even altogether.
I wonder why he didn't say this at the beginnig of this game... hypocrisy at his finnest

Joking aside, I hope you enjoy the game. I worked my ass off to create this and boy this is expensive.

I need funding to complete this project.

If you can't afford to donate on Patreon, you can still show support by liking or reviewing the game.

Cheers

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

I disagree, the truth is that we can only say it's worth waiting all this time if we're not actually waiting for BADIK at all, and so in the end whether it comes out in december, january or february basically will be the same for us. and there's nothing wrong with that

because if, on the other hand, we were really waiting for the ninth chapter of BADIK the fact that for over a month DPC has been telling us about how he doesn't know how much work there is still to be done, basically making us wait to know how long we will have to wait, would simply be unacceptable

the one-and-a-half minute animation will be a nice group dance.... :cautious:

dempun

Dec 3, 2021
People keep complaining about the interlude, the interlude is not the problem the update is taking this long because of these long animations he keeps adding if thay were lewd scene animations that would be fine but 90% of these are for normal scenes that shit is unnecessary.
Well seeing that we don't know what is in Episode 9, we don't know what is and is not necessary.

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
PinkCake is making 100k a month rougly, can't he just get someone to work for ?
He doesn't want to. He's very protective of his coding, even put's anti-copying lines into the code and outsourcing artwork (other than the 2D artwork that's already outsourced) is risky if the new artist isn't as good as DPC himself.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes