JohnnyBlazePT

Nov 3, 2021
To see if you can stick with it. Actually managing to maintain a relationship is a big part of it.
if this was a dating simulator i would agree, now this is a game related with college and all the crazy things that people do when they are in college so i dont think it makes sense to be with only one girl for 4 episodes or more.

Hahaha not a fan of monogamy?
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
in real life yes, on a videogame no
i think thats why most of the people play videogames, to do things that normally they dont do :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Gunizz

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
if this was a dating simulator i would agree, now this is a game related with college and all the crazy things that people do when they are in college so i dont think it makes sense to be with only one girl for 4 episodes or more.
Having a relationship is one of the crazy things people do in college, so it's perfectly fine to have such option. If you don't want to be with only one girl then simply pick "Others", that's exactly what it is for, fucking around while avoiding any commitment.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
If we're doing Tier lists, I'll throw this grenade and see what feathers it ruffles.. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
BaDTier.png

The rest are "meh" and a couple are "shoot on sight"

May 31, 2020
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
in real life yes, on a videogame no
i think thats why most of the people play videogames, to do things that normally they dont do :ROFLMAO:
Mostly true but this particular game has a fix for everyone.. I think there's more behind choosing one partner here..like if you really like one of the girls more, even though you are still seeing others on the side which then boils down to whether you are willing to sacrifice other flings just to be with her or not. ..

JohnnyBlazePT

Nov 3, 2021
Having a relationship is one of the crazy things people do in college, so it's perfectly fine to have such option. If you don't want to be with only one girl then simply pick "Others", that's exactly what it is for, fucking around while avoiding any commitment.
bro i dont think is a bad thing to commit with only one girl, what i was "criticizing" is that choice was to early and kinda rushed.
correct me if im wrong (cuz i already played this game a long time and i already forgot some of them) but the halloween party is being planned so it means these 8 episodes happen between like august and october. only 2 months passed since MC went to college and he is already choosing a waifu? thats why i think that important choice doesnt make sense

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
bro i dont think is a bad thing to commit with only one girl, what i was "criticizing" is that choice was to early and kinda rushed.
Yes, am just disagreeing with your view on this.

As it is, the game gives you option to go "steady" with a girl of choice for extended period of time and see if you can make it work, or break up. It wouldn't make much sense to give such option at the very end of the game because well, there isn't much of achievement in refraining from fucking someone else for episode or two.

For the players who aren't interested in such thing, they can pick "others" and keep fucking around as they've been doing up to this point.

it means these 8 episodes happen between like august and october. only 2 months passed since MC went to college and he is already choosing a waifu? thats why i think that important choice doesnt make sense
Continuing with this logic, the remaining 4-8 episodes can be expected to similarly last a few months tops. So that's hardly choosing a partner for life, and as such it's not as important as you make it to be. At the same time, i'd say 2 months is decent enough period to tell if you want to try getting slightly serious/exclusive with someone, or not.

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
To see if you can stick with it. Actually managing to maintain a relationship is a big part of it.
basically DPC needed to know who we were most interested in to see if there was any way to get us to be dumped by her....:eek:

really a kind thought!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

the choice has a technical reason, to simplify the ramifications of the story a minimum, and a scenic one, to give importance to the closing of the second season

from a storytelling point of view it is ok, but it could have been done without: Bella anyway sooner or later would have had to ask MC to clear the air with Jill, Maya and Josy already at the beginning had indicated that at some point all together would have to decide whether to go ahead with this experiment or not (so the fact that MC decided unilaterally is quite insignificant), with Sage we could have also done without asking her for the umpteenth time to get serious, when all the previous times she had extricated herself.

In the end, only Jill wanted the choice.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
from a storytelling point of view it is ok, but it could have been done without: Bella anyway sooner or later would have had to ask MC to clear the air with Jill, Maya and Josy already at the beginning had indicated that at some point all together would have to decide whether to go ahead with this experiment or not (so the fact that MC decided unilaterally is quite insignificant), with Sage we could have also done without asking her for the umpteenth time to get serious, when all the previous times she had extricated herself.
True, but then am not sure if this would be a better approach, since it effectively takes decision out of the player's hands and instead forces them to react to NPC actions. And if there's one thing VN players seem to almost universally hate, it is NPCs daring to have opinions and act on their own.

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
True, but then am not sure if this would be a better approach, since it effectively takes decision out of the player's hands and instead forces them to react to NPC actions. And if there's one thing VN players seem to almost universally hate, it is NPCs daring to have opinions act on their own.
But the decision is only partly, very little, in the hands of the player

Jill may already abandon the player who chose her, and in the next chapter it is very likely that something similar may happen with Bella and Sage. and it is also quite likely that the trouple itself will decide whether or not to move on. but it will continue to happen for other reasons again and again.

I think out of 100 games in at least 70 at that time there is only one name (besides possibly "others"). basically the only ones it should give freedom of choice to are those players in those runs where they didn't want to choose... good but not great

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
There were two ways for DPC to go through with the choice, the arbitrary choice point or a staggering choice over a number of episodes.

The way I see it, the end of episode 8 was the point where Jill would demand exclusivity, which is why DPC put the choice there. If it was more realistic Jill would have given Fuckface the ultimatum rather than Fuckface having the breakfast discussion. The issue would be that most players without multiple playthroughs would reject Jill straight away at that point. M/J haven't yet decided they want to add strings to the relationship because they have bigger things to worry about with Maya's tuition situation however if that gets resolved with the Burkes then they'd be the next to force Fuckface's hand. Bella would probably live with the situation longer because Fuckface dating other girls helps keep their relationship more secret but I guess her jealousy would eventually rise high enough for her to tell Fuckface that in order for her to continue with the relationship it would have to be exclusive as it's not worth her risking her job just to be one of Fuckface's many girls. That would then leave Sage who it seems would be happy with the fuckbuddy relationship for an extended period of time and probably wouldn't push Fuckface to be more serious until she was deciding what to do as she leaves college.

While the above would be more realistic Sage's popularity with the playerbase means that most players with single playthroughs would finish the game with Sage or remain single (if there's any time to spend with side girls after Sage wants to get serious) because they like Sage and want to maximise their choice through their playthrough without committing to the single relationship. DPC wants to maximise the amount of playthroughs players do so this would make no sense to him.

For example if the choice at episode 8 was get serious with Jill or keep all other options open, how many people in this thread would bother with Jill? Only those who want to get all scenes, the majority in this thread care little for Jill and would be happy just to cut her storyline for season 2. Probably the same when the throuple fork happens in episode 10 or 11, more would probably stay with Bella in ep 13/14 but the vast majority would keep options open with Sage and others until her fork happens.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
So many people pretending they wouldn't tap that dead mom if only given an option.
Sure the moment DPC gives us a DeLorean i would go back 20 years and knock her up, making the MC his own dad.
But as that won't happen ever...

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
What version of the game do we need to add the update to. Is it the interlude? I never updated to 8.2 and I can't remember how it was left for the new update being added
The interlude is not added to anything, it is separate, and will combine with Season 3 episodes. vers 8.2 is seasons 1&2. There is no reason to worry about updating anything at present.
The only right one.

View attachment 2182693

The others don't even make the list.
y can't believe you put crab Rangoon on the menu.
So many people pretending they wouldn't tap that dead mom if only given an option.
I sure as hell wouldn't. Whether I have an incest kink or not, I do not find her that appealing. I wouldn't stop Derek from banging her, but I am not interested.

Jill's mom, however, is due to experience an orgasm-induced coma.

Tadpol

Mar 22, 2021
Also, its not clear if the mc is cutting romantic ties with the girls he doesn't choose because he doesn't want to lead them on anymore, or if he doesn't want to be cheating on his chosen LI. Given all the soul searching he's been doing of late, it seems like the latter to me. In which case, just how will DPC get around this to keep the sex going, or will the mc be monogamous going forward.
I agree with you.

As for how DPC will handle this, I think he can rely on the fact that players usually have one run per LI (this will be even more true now that the choice is made in EP8). So there will be less sex on a run, but most players will play 4 or 5 runs per episode.

He can also decide to delay a bit the MC's decision to become exclusive with the LI of his choice (for example with Sage).

If DPC undoes “choosing” a girl by forcing a dilemma between whomever you chose and Zoey I will probably just stop playing for a bit. No I’m not being dramatic and saying I’ll give up on it entirely but I’ll probably wait and see how it pans out before I decide to play it.
It will not happen. It won't be forced. With Zoey, we will have a clear choice, either an internal questioning from the MC, or directly Zoey who offers to pick up where they left off, and the MC who will answer Yes/No/Maybe.

i also dont understand why we needed to make that decision so early in the game
i mean, this game is supposed to have 12 episodes. if we make this important decision on ep8 it basically means that the game will cock block us for 4 episodes...
I find it quite logical considering the story told from the beginning and the state of mind of the MC.

Yes, he thinks with his dick quite often, but when it comes to the 5 LIs, it's different. The MC's goal with LIs isn't just to fuck.

(one might even think that it was a little late in some cases)

As for the cockblock, it is already effective. I don't know how many different runs it takes to see everything, but I would say 3 or 4. And that doesn't take into account the traps left by DPC, for example if on my Sage run my MC fucked Jade, I know that is going to be problematic.

Reactions: dalli_x and shazba
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes