Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
Oh thats a little surprise, i said some time before... if its gonna be december, he has to release it the week before christmas. But i was pretty sure he is not gonna make it before christmas... well, he did. Doesnt change that this episode took a while longer than expected. And for sure the next one should be released sooner. Hopefully he can manage to get the next one out in about 6-7 months and not again 9... of course the new system for season 3 and savegame import and such took some time too, but still. 9 Months was a bit too long since the interlude. If you dont count the interlude, its now 12 months since the last full episode. Yep thats too long and he can do better i think.

Well, nevermind... 16th december it is.

Reactions: Bubba McSmith

Oliver Wendell Homely

May 9, 2020
Doesnt change that this episode took a while longer than expected.
I figured that with the big decision at the end of episode 8 that 9 would have to be huge in order for there to be a big payoff to every player choice. If, for example, ep 9 only focused on players who chose MJ and Sage, then a lot of players would be disappointed. The episodic approach DPC takes means there generally needs to be at least a little something for everyone in every release. The Halloween party also clearly added development time. I also hope 10 will require less time. I think without any big party scenes etc. that it should, but we'll see.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Right up to the end of episode 8, you can be on the path for all 5 girls, and then you choose:

View attachment 2214351

No mods, just the normal game.

When you have to choose between the picnic with Jill or looking after Sage, if you choose Sage that leads to things ending with Jill, but if you choose Jill, Sage just gets slightly pissed (and we don't even see it due to a bug in the game).
Looking at this screenshot, what comes to mind is what Trend said in EP2 on the phone. 4 not 5. We see 4 decisions here. The 5 decision would be if the had the "Others" decision, which would exclude Jill, Josy and Maya.

One other thing. I think middle while really so Josy and Jill are related. This is based on an old theory of mine and I saw something in the picture folder the other day. When the MC is with Jill in EP7, we get these two pictures.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

These pictures are from Jill's point of view. She focuses on the MC first and then the moon. Don't worry, the MC is not the son of Lana.

The next screenshot is from EP2, after the MC jumped out of the window. The moon is reflected in Josy's eyes.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

What does Lana say to Jill in the EP7 intro? If she looks into the moon, Jill will know so she looks into the moon too. I'm sure Lana would say the same thing to her child, right?

Jill and Josy can have the same moon omen and they got that from Lana. But since Josy said that her mother lives several hours away by car, there is also the possibility that Lana is still alive.

Oliver Wendell Homely

May 9, 2020
I'm not here to brag about how much I love this game. I'm just posting this to make sure I'm not crazy.

I just want to know That I'm not the only one
You're definitely not the only one. I have a playthrough for all the main love interests. I have MJ playthroughs with a balanced approach, plus a Maya-focused and a Josy-focused one. And I have a few others-focused playthroughs, making different choices at different points (for example, Nicole vs. Lily vs. Sandy at the Pink Rose). I would not do it if there weren't a skip button, but I love how much variety there is in each episode. For people who do one and only one playthrough, they don't know what they're missing.

Deviton123

Dec 9, 2021
You're definitely not the only one. I have a playthrough for all the main love interests. I have MJ playthroughs with a balanced approach, plus a Maya-focused and a Josy-focused one. And I have a few others-focused playthroughs, making different choices at different points (for example, Nicole vs. Lily vs. Sandy at the Pink Rose). I would not do it if there weren't a skip button, but I love how much variety there is in each episode. For people who do one and only one playthrough, they don't know what they're missing.
I have 3 routes: Others(Jade only), Bella, and Sage

Bateman22

May 7, 2017
Does anybody know if saves from Episode 8 will work? Or do we have to go through the interlude with all our saves?

Thank you

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes