ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Can anyone get better than a "It's decent" on the first party planning stage?? I must've done this 3 times and that's the best he gave me.
Tommy's evaluation is based solely on whether you meet all his personal needs. (if it's all 4, then he'll praise you, otherwise it's decent for 3, and shit for less) In other words, don't pay much attention to it. :v

Reactions: Nanar4849

bxchun

Oct 24, 2020
Choices don't really matter that much, huh? M&J branch, choosing every single Josy option, avoiding and rejecting every Maya option (Drinking instead of licking Maya panties this ep), but there's hardly any consequence for now. Even worse, she treats you like you're the best lover in the world.

I'm seeing more hope of a solo path in Others branch than M&J.

haunsa

Apr 23, 2021
Choices don't really matter that much, huh? M&J branch, choosing every single Josy option, avoiding and rejecting every Maya option (Drinking instead of licking Maya panties this ep), but there's hardly any consequence for now. Even worse, she treats you like you're the best lover in the world.

I'm seeing more hope of a solo path in Others branch than M&J.
o ya this point i dont know why DPC just done make them a combo pic on the end screen cause hes showing he only wants M&J not solo acts.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
i just think the underlined part is kinda funny because we waited a year IRL for just this episode, of course people want things to actually progress at a semi-reasonable rate haha. if i can keep my interest in this game, i dont look forward to having grandkids by the time its a finished story lol

he made (arguably) better content at a faster rate in the past, with less free time and less money to devote to it. that means something, if you ask me...
The episodes are just huge, plus a visual upgrade, which is why the waiting time has grown so much. It seems that this is a disease of all non-linear VNs - they grow in size due to the increase in the probabilities of events. Think of it as a multiverse, where every potential choice creates a new reality.
Yes, it's a problem, I agree. She has a solution, for example, more powerful hardware, I have already talked about this many times.
But no matter what happens, I remain interested in the project, despite the many dramatic things in real life that detract from it. Should a person be distracted by something positive?
I read various arguments of the dissatisfied. Someone complains that there are no sex scenes with Vixens (girls from the hostel).
Someone does not like mini-games and free-roams, someone does not like that there is not enough continuation of the story. And someone is furious about the quest room (actually it's easy).
For example, I do not like that there are few scenes from LI on Episode. Only 2-3, I would like more. But I understand that it is impossible, it would make the episode even more huge.
A very diverse and demanding audience. It's impossible to please everyone.

oddball827

Jan 4, 2018
Did anyone post Pack Quest locations for ep9 free roam yet? Tried searching/skimming thread but it has been crazy active so definitely could've missed it in all the posts.

луна

Aug 24, 2021
Did anyone post Pack Quest locations for ep9 free roam yet? Tried searching/skimming thread but it has been crazy active so definitely could've missed it in all the posts.
Pack Quest locations:

a vengeful spirit - main party room, red ghost hanging up in the air

the other bloody five - the upstairs bathroom, click the handprint above the bath - can only do this right near the end of the event, after you can speak to Sally.

hell week box - tommy's room, beer in the esky

lips - rusty's room, click on the glass with #3 - seemingly can't do it until late into the event, after talking to M&J.

rescue me - leon's room, the surfboard to the right of the bed - requires conversation with heather.

ribcage - the room that connects to the right of the upper main room. Click on the teddy bear that's up on the cabinet.

second costume - jamie's room, text on the red bag, left side of screen

stuff - nick's room, click the word "stuff" on the brown box

the hidden owl - the porch (which connects to the left hallway) - need to do it after the costume contest. It's the little owl on the lantern.

twins - derek's room, poloroid picture, under the tv on left side.

RQPS2

Nov 12, 2020
Well, I've played through a substantial portion of Episode 9, and I'm sorry to say I didn't like it much.

If I'm being subjective, it was more or less everything I feared: one excuse after another to stall the relationships with the chosen LI, with a *massively* overblown party to distract us from everything else. If I'm trying to be objective things are better: there's still a lot of sharp dialog, goofy fun and (of course) sex to enjoy. But even then, I think the structure of this episode is very badly conceived. The Halloween party goes on way too long, the vaunted branching actually feels less distinct that the old paths did, and there's a real disconnect between DPC's obsession with consequences and the frankly moronic shit he makes the characters do to keep things on his preferred rails.

IMHO as Christmas gifts go, Episode 9 was the relative who spends an obscene amount of money on trendy, high-priced junk to make up for the fact they didn't pay enough attention during the year to know what you actually want. On the one hand, it's comforting to know that they really do care, but on the other hand it's hard not to be a little disturbed at how much they wasted on stuff you're never going to use.

Episode 9 didn't give me the stronger romantic connections I was looking for in the wake of the crossroads, and it certainly didn't do much to advance the plot. It did deliver a lot of sex scenes, but you sure have to slog through a lot to get them. The high water mark is probably some nice work with the side girls on the Others branch (particularly for Quinn, Riona and Zoey), but that just deepens my suspicions that Season 3 will be all about stalling the LI branches while the new girls play catch up. I'm not waiting 2-3 years for that.

We'll dive into the nitty gritty of the Episode then call it a wrap, which will obviously involve spoilers. But first, a quick note to a certain member of the audience:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Okay, now, on with the spoilers.

So that's my take on Episode 9. IMHO it was not the episode we needed at this point. But it's pretty clear it wasn't a mistake, so we might as well accept it or move on.

tl;dr An overgrown free-roam that slows down the LIs, speeds up the side-girls, delivers plenty of spectacle and ends on yet another cliffhanger, all without actually advancing the story.
I can only agree on basically everything this man wrote, i expected way more from this episode. I really loved this sentence "He overused the free roam mechanic to the point of cruelty." because its so damn true. Literally 0 motivation to play the whole oversized free roam event for each girl maybe for one scene at the end.

• Sad
Reactions: ename144

DanMotta

Dec 7, 2022
i just think the underlined part is kinda funny because we waited a year IRL for just this episode, of course people want things to actually progress at a semi-reasonable rate haha. if i can keep my interest in this game, i dont look forward to having grandkids by the time its a finished story lol

he made (arguably) better content at a faster rate in the past, with less free time and less money to devote to it. that means something, if you ask me...
I will agree with what you say. We already had the interlude, that didn't contribute much to the story towards MC. Didn't move forward, didn't progress. Episode 9 was the same. had no progression. Even the "after party", that usually he adds some rooster posts and stuff, we didn't have that either, the episode just ended abruptly. The party was fun to play as was the minigame. And I like both features on being a dik. But as a VN player, the thing I like the most is the story progression and I agree with you. I got 1 year older and mc life in this update after a year only moved forward 1 day lol.
Even all the hype and cliffhanger he created with that Dinner at the burke's ended up being nothing.
Reason why there is no way I will be a subscriber paying monthly to someone in things like this. I can buy the full content of his game on steam, but paying monthly to end up getting disappointed after a year as subscriber that sucks.

Grick Rimes

Mar 14, 2018
OPINION, nothing more. The interlude was Meh.... i get that it introduced characters that'll play into future updates, but we could have just introduced them in episode 9 and played the "interlude" and what not as a separate prequel or something...It just delayed what people wanted.... More bella, more Josy or sage or whoever your girl is. Now we get episode 9. everyone on the website (myself included) got excited seeing there was an update....... with essentially one sex scene (and possibilities of blowjobs and such from secondary characters.) something like 5,000 pics or whatever PC said..... and like 12 of those is a sex scene. I get you're telling a story. previous stories have been awesome.... but DIK has gone off the rails a little bit and we need to get it back on track. Just explore the stories and give your fans what they want..... K.I.S.S. it.... "Keep It Simple Stupid".... you'll thank me later.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes