walker188

Apr 30, 2017
[
I was quite disappointed that you couldn't hook up with Zoey, I like her. She does glance at you suggestively a few times but you can't even give her a bloody kiss.
I'm not sure I understand the dev's decision with her ultra-slow pacing, but at this rate we'd get to fuck her in 2024.
I was surprised by that too, til I realized that it was a deliberate choice by DPC. See many of us were indifferent to Zoey, and expected her to try a d fuck things up for us by jumping straight into bed.

But by subverting expectations (in a good way), and her not giving it up, he's creating some demand.

Put it this way. On my sex and playthrough I went straight Others. Not Others Quinn or Others Riona, this was my others, every living thing and maybe even some dead ones if they're still warm route. Get to the end of the night with some options, I figured, hey, I haven't tasted blue yet. Why not?

I offer for her to stay in my bed, with a heavy implication (in my mind anyway) that she wouldn't be getting much sleep ...

She turns me down to ride an hour on a cold train. Let's be clear, I've slept with everyone at this point. If it breathed, I fucked it. Her telling me "no" absolutely lit a fire in me.

Now manwhore is hungry for the Smurf. He's wondering when she's gonna give it up. Am I being played by DPC? Yep. Do I care? Fuck no.

I applaud it, it was a strong move that only built up his character. Well done.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
i need a save with all episode 9 scenes unlocked please
Use the gallery unlocker, first post should have it. Scene data is not stored in the usual save files.
Hi, my game shuts down with this error at the very start of season 9.

Screen sizes: virtual=(1920, 1080) physical=(1739, 978) drawable=(1739, 978)
Could not open 'cache/shaders.txt':
Maximum texture size: 4096x4096

Just when Jacob says "For sure, it's one scary fucking mansion"
I tried reinstalling the game or the save and nothing..
READ THE FIRST FUCKING POST. Honestly, even 10 seconds of effort, people.. It's in the Extras, in case clicking the mouse an extra time is some manner of challenging task for you normally.

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
BeingADIK-S3-0.9.1
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
If you have issues please use this thread or join us on !

We're crowdfunded, !​

KekWGgWP

Feb 9, 2018
Not on a dick/other route but i hate how Zoey talks about MC like she knows anything spends the whole interlude talking about him being a pussy. Worrying and hopping he'll toughen up. Comes back to him standing up for himself and is mad when he does lol.
"this isn't you you should be a little fairy cocksucker. Give me back my fairy!"
Yeah i know lol, for some reason, she looks disappointed when he acts like a DIK, maybe she is the one who has gone soft instead because from what Tremolo has said, he was a troubled child who got into many fights when he was younger.

So as he spent time with her, he changed and she acted all surprised when she saw him throwing punches again like back in the days.

I prefer others path personally more because it lets you explore other girls much more, but i don't act like a DIK all the time and still try to be a nice guy.

slavo

Mar 18, 2019
My game crashes when entering the Haunted Mansion and I get this

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/scripts/misc/flashlight.rpy", line 23, in render
TypeError: '<' not supported between instances of 'NoneType' and 'int'

any help? I get both the same error with compressed (PC version) and non-compressed version (Mac Version); i'm running OS 10.16
Hey guys, I keep gettin' this error, how can I solve this? I'm playing with the saves in OP

playboydx

Apr 27, 2017
Some thoughts on the episode...

Disclaimer: I don't care about the story in BAD as much as many people here do but I do enjoy the story & characters.

I think the update overall is a mixed bag. There's a lot to appreciate and admire here so I'll get the positives out of the way first. I enjoyed the branching possibilities in this, there's a lot of work put into not just the different LI branches, but also the way you can progress the party. I play with minigames disabled so I'm not commenting on that, but its cool that you get to decide what to include in the party, which can play out very differently, depending on your path. I also felt like the update is good for your relationship development with whichever LI you picked, and not all LI paths follow the same formula (end of party sex aside). The "others" PT also plays out well in many ways too. I was satisfied with the amount of time you get with each main LI and how those relationships are developing.

Now on the negatives...I think it was a mistake to base the entire episode on a Halloween party. Story development becomes very limited due to this, and it keeps adding to the feeling of how slow things move in BAD. Overall, this episode was not good at all for the pacing of the whole story. Personally, I think it has been a mistake from the start on DPC's part, with how he has utilized time passing in the story. By now, we should have been in 2nd or 3rd semester of college, not midway through first semester. Time barely passes in the story, yet character relationships can move super fast (with LIs), which doesn't make sense. I think the episode needed a longer post party section/timeframe that at least gives some feeling of time passing. I also find it a bit odd that if you're DIK status/affinity and in a relationship, you can't cheat on your LI. Maybe that changes in the future.

The other thing that I would like to add is the development of some of the side LIs (Riona, Camila, Lily). It's hard to determine what the game wants them to be, because it hints at them developing into more serious LIs (at least with Riona & Lily), but the game sends you mixed messages at the same time about investing in a relationship with them. On the "others" PT, for much of the episode, you feel like your relationship with Lily is building into potential GF/BF, but then the end scene happens to discourage you. I guess you can attribute it to story/character development (to put doubt in MC's head & Lily's nature), but what I'm trying to say is that it's hard to know DPC's intent here. Camila keeps getting lower priority treatment, and is treated like someone for MC to just fool around with, when I wish that there would be potential LI development there. On the flip side, I like the direction with Nicole. Among these side LIs, my hope going forward is that Lily becomes more prominent, not just in the story, but also as a potential LI for MC, because to me, she's a much more interesting, likeable version of Quin.

Overall, an entertaining update that does many of the main LIs justice, but falls short of satisfaction due to all of it being the halloween party, and the long gap between releases of episodes 8 & 9. I wish I wouldn't have to mention that long gap, but it's unfortunately a big factor here. If this episode comes out with a 6 month gap from release of ep 8, the reception would be very different. I hate being critical because I enjoy BAD a lot and look forward to each release, but the development time is a huge concern, and it is only getting worse.

P.S. forgot to mention, Zoey does very little for me, either as a character or a LI. It was odd to see her being given this much importance and screentime.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes