TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
There is someone who didn't win, I just can't remember who was it right now if it was Nicole or Derek. Or not sure if it was Sarah and Melanie and they make fun of each other. But I remember in one of my gameplay someone MC chose didn't win.
It's either someone the MC chooses or Leon that wins, on my recent Quinn run, Josy didn't win, nor Derek or Elena, on all 3 of those Leon won. Did it with Maya and she won.

Reactions: DanMotta

DanMotta

Dec 7, 2022
Why not Burke, he has his own house bugged.
His house is understandable, he is probably looking to have something on his wife. but why DIKs house? I could even understand if it was at the HOTs, because of the whole prostitution thing.

DanMotta

Dec 7, 2022
It's either someone the MC chooses or Leon that wins, on my recent Quinn run, Josy didn't win, nor Derek or Elena, on all 3 of those Leon won. Did it with Maya and she won.
I just didn't remember who didnt win and you just reminded me. In one gameplay I chose Elena and she didn't win.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Why not Burke, he has his own house bugged.
If you mean the Jade vid, that has been recorded with MC's phone, then after you deliver proof to the Dik's it's been uploaded to the Dik laptop...... Mysteriously it ends up on Burke's pc.... (after the Cathy cluck party)

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Well, if the spycam smoke detector (it's really called that lol) happened to run out of batteries, it could statistically make no difference. But why is it sending such light signals when low on batteries? Pretty advanced stuff like that should have some power safe mode right? I assume it's doing that since it lost wifi connection rather then being low on battery power.

If the SSD reacted that way as result of the power shutdown, it can point to the mysterious black box being the storage device for the camera. There's storage devices like that with wifi.... If reset is needed from the black box, it's the reason Vinnie is in MC's room.... If the spycam smoke detector works on batteries, it would not matter because the power down would not have led to losing the wifi connection. The box is not plugged into anything, so two appliances on batteries means no wifi disconnect....
Vinnie could have just wanted to collect the data, but it seems plausible he could have known a reset was needed.
it seems to me an overly complicated reconstruction. narratively the camera flashes because it had to be found, then why it actually flashes is so irrelevant that it doesn't matter to be explained.

it probably has something to do with the power outage, it's pretty silly that battery-powered devices are literally adjacent to power lines, a power surge could have knocked it out.

Reactions: Naxer

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
If you mean the Jade vid, that has been recorded with MC's phone, then after you deliver proof to the Dik's it's been uploaded to the Dik laptop...... Mysteriously it ends up on Burke's pc.... (after the Cathy cluck party)
If Burke has cameras in the DIKs house, he could have seen the password for the DIKs rooster account, wouldn't be hard to login from another computer using Rusty's login details which would give them administration access.

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
Fire detectors work with batteries and make an audible sound when the batteries run out.

The camera thing is strange. If you use a hidden camera, it shouldn't flash red or otherwise draw attention to itself when the batteries run down. Somehow the meaning of hidden gets lost then.

What might also be worth considering is that the was accessed via wireless to connect to a receiving station. In EP5 I think Leon had said so Derek would have to press a certain flashing button on the drone for the MC's cell phone to connect to the drone.

That in turn would mean so that the camera was not installed until the party, because otherwise the connection would have already existed. Who was that coming from the direction of the Moose Lounge when Quinn and Vinny ran into each other at the aquarium? Lily.

Lily is there with her friends. Rose has a great costume on. A sexy police costume. But why would Lily put on a camera? That doesn't mean she's an undercover cop, but she's spying on something or someone, and probably for the madame. This in turn generates a question? What is the real name of the Madame?

If I were to guess, I would guess Helen, the mother of Maya and Derek. Why? Josy said so all three of them have a mother situation that Maya now has a chance to say it. Maya mentioned again so she trusts the MC but was very uncomfortable talking about her mother. We only learn so she loves her mother and that her name is Helen. But the ghost (ninja) says in the argument with Derek so he would fuck his mother. Well, if Maya's mother is the Madame, the Madame would also be Derek's mother and the Madame fucks for money.

Maya is afraid to lose the MC if he would find out that her mother is working as a prostitute and stripper. That's why Maya trusts the MC in EP7 so he won't fuck her mother and in EP9 she trusts the MC so he won't run away like a snowflake again when he finds out what Maya's real mother does for a living.

The reason the Madame has the MC watching her is simple. Maya is a delicate little plant and Helen wants to go out of her way to make sure her daughter doesn't get a horny dog.
If you pick a certain job option and have the VIP card, I think you get to have some sort of fun with Rose (aka the madame).

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
That in turn would mean so that the camera was not installed until the party, because otherwise the connection would have already existed. Who was that coming from the direction of the Moose Lounge when Quinn and Vinny ran into each other at the aquarium? Lily.
Have you forgotten the pic taken by the cam of Jacob fucking Arieth (with or without the help of Derek)? It was already installed before the party. You really are slipping with your post ep 9 theories.

Desiderius

Jul 9, 2020
What is the real name of the Madame?

If I were to guess, I would guess ...
I would guess 'Priscilla'. I would wonder whether Burke was really fully in charge of his sex-for-tuition ring, or whether he had his own problems (expensive life, expensive son, expensive wife, lost previous finance job for 'bullshit reasons'), and it was 'Priscilla' running the show. I would also wonder who Quinn's mother was, before wondering about Maya's (if I was going to have Madame as someone's mother).

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
If Burke has cameras in the DIKs house, he could have seen the password for the DIKs rooster account, wouldn't be hard to login from another computer using Rusty's login details which would give them administration access.
True, but what reason would he have to put the Cathy cluck? That event clearly created the opportunity to get the laptop and get into the safe.... Burke gets nothing from Cathy being exposed. If he could do this from a distance, why is that laptop missing right after that cluck? That means it's coordinated cooperation between Burke and Vinnie... But why?
That scenario brings more questions then answers...

carlos642

Jan 29, 2021
The problem with this episode is that there is almost nothing new happening in the story and in the game as well. For such a long development time this is not really good enough. The two good things i liked about the episode is finally being able to romance Quinn - which i think is one of the best parts of the game, and also that finally a villain emerges in Vinny, someone that is a threat to MC, because in the last episodes he has become a god basically. Without an exciting mystery, or some kind of real difficulty the game is going to die of boredom, since we are already assfucking everyone, sexually there is no room to move towards anymore. Or some real drama between the chicks - but that would be very difficult to code given there are so many branches of girls already.
Also the fixed girlfriend paths make it annoying, as you need to replay the whole interlude AND the episode if you want to see other scenes or options, and there are like 5 of them.

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
You forget that there was a ladder in the room and a camera or cell phone could have been on the ladder. I mean, what idiot installs a hidden camera in a storage room?

But on Rooster, the Moose Lounge was advertised and has become a worthwhile target for a hidden camera, which an empty closet certainly is not.
The pic is from directly above, not above and to the side like the ladder would have been. It's clearly taken from the ceiling and if you compare the angle to where Derek sees the light it's exactly the same. You really need to try harder.

Reactions: dalli_x

SirDawcio

Sep 22, 2020
I'm playing Sage route right now (finished Jill and Others route by now)

And I found the perfect example of what I mean when I mention a huge flaw in branching storyline.

screenshot0083.png

This moment showcases it perfectly.
Sage did not ask this question to my MC in the Others or Jill routes.It's fully exclusive on the Sage route.

It's bad, why?
Because my MC was really close with Sage.
And even though they're no longer fucking, they ended it all on really good terms.

For me, organically, this scene should've happened for other routes as well.

DPC obviously wants to make branching routes worth their time. But he shouldn't do it with stuff that should happen regardless.
Routes should be more about expanding GENERAL scenes or scenes involving intimacy and LEWD actions.

For example, MC always speaks with Sage after she learns her dad won't help Maya.
But only on Sage's route does the scene end with a kiss.

The MC on the Others route should also be approached by Sage, and he should be asked if he's excited for his first party as a party planner. And only the MC on Sage's route should get special dialogue during that scene.

I hope that this criticism will somehow go through DPC echo chamber and help him improve the branching storyline in EP10 and beyond. But for now, I remain worried about how he will approach this hard task moving forward.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
it seems to me an overly complicated reconstruction. narratively the camera flashes because it had to be found, then why it actually flashes is so irrelevant that it doesn't matter to be explained.

it probably has something to do with the power outage, it's pretty silly that battery-powered devices are literally adjacent to power lines, a power surge could have knocked it out.
How do you come to a conclusion any electric appliance starts flashing, when it gets knocked out from a power surge?
Mine always stop working in such events.... ;)

And why should there be a powercord near a battery device in the corner of a room if its not to feed it?
Power cords never run from a corner to the middle of the room, always straight from side to the point for a device, usually wall to middle for feeding a lamp...

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes