anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
A serious Question for ya'll ...
Mini games vs No mini games and Making in game Money.
When you get the choice of playing with or without the mini games you are told you will earn money even without.
But i have no clue how to make up for the loss of money if i play without.
Every free roam awards a chans of 2-3 extra money. Solving puzzles and doing the Brawl fight. Later the 3 in a row thingy.
And to get all the action in the Clubs and paying for general extras you MUST play with mini games turned On.
So .. Am i doing something wrong here or is the Mini games mandatory? (For getting all the game offers)

I can add that i play with Zero cheats and simply just want to get all i can from a serious play through in any of the paths.
(Any tip welcome. Like hidden cash chest :p )
I've never had a problem with money without minigames. With regards to the stripclub during hell week spend all your money then talk to Rusty and he'll replenish your money for you to spend at the club. Don't worry about finishing ep 8 with no money (upgrading wallet and buying 2D art). Ep 9 has numerous hidden money location with no place to spend money.

Trojaner

Donor
Apr 4, 2018
A serious Question for ya'll ...
Mini games vs No mini games and Making in game Money.
When you get the choice of playing with or without the mini games you are told you will earn money even without.
But i have no clue how to make up for the loss of money if i play without.
Every free roam awards a chans of 2-3 extra money. Solving puzzles and doing the Brawl fight. Later the 3 in a row thingy.
And to get all the action in the Clubs and paying for general extras you MUST play with mini games turned On.
Of course you pick up the cash you find on the way but this has nothing to do with the games turned on or off.
So .. Am i doing something wrong here or is the Mini games mandatory? (For getting all the game offers)

I can add that i play with Zero cheats and simply just want to get all i can from a serious play through in any of the paths.
(Any tip welcome. Like hidden cash chest :p )
I'm using the cheat in scrappys mod for money ... Not a Fan of looking around for this shit in free roam events or this minicrap games. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Roundell

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
Disregard them. Some ppl here are mentally deranged purists who start foaming at the mouth at the mere mention of mod usage. I have a single save. One. Singular. And I play every single route I'm interested. Whenever I come to a point I can't advance the way I want to, I just go and change variables and values temporarily. URM is such a powerful tool to any casual who plays AVN's in Ren'Py.

I said it a year ago on this thread I find this game utterly unplayable without a mod. For all the popularity BaDIK has and for all of the amazing renders and features the game posesses, the base DIK/CHICK system is the most egregiously awful i've ever seen. It limits your options to a degree where not only do you miss a ton of content but you also can't really make the MC express himself the way you want to because your score in whichever direction isn't high enough.
Exactly this. This game limits you if u play without a mod and it sucks. I get that DPC did so to get players to play the game multiple times and such which is cool if you're down for that but I'm not. Anyone who has a problem with me using mods needs to get a life honestly. I mean it's my game I can play it however I want.

Roundell

Sep 16, 2022
Exactly this. This game limits you if u play without a mod and it sucks. I get that DPC did so to get players to play the game multiple times and such which is cool if you're down for that but I'm not. Anyone who has a problem with me using mods needs to get a life honestly. I mean it's my game I can play it however I want.
I think mods gives you freedom to play the game the way you like. As simple as that. For example, the money mechanic is awful in this game. In order of getting it, you have to waste time playing a lot of awful minigames and go around stealing it from rooms. I like money mechanics in games, if are well implemented. For example, earning money for the repairs of the mansion is always fun for me. But I prefer to get rid of the other money mechanics of this game with a mod.

Or limitations with the scenes that I find absurd. For example, I find stupid to be forced to choose between taking care of Sage when she's with flu and going to a picnic with Jill. IRL, MC would do both, for sure. Or the one of the party at the HOTs'. If MC has a sex scene with Lily, he will cum too early with Sage and will disappoint her, and if he doesn't have that sex scene, Lily just looses her interest in MC. Well, it would be realistic that if a guy, even a 19 years old one, has crazy sex with a girl, can't has crazy sex with another one just a few minutes later, but... if MC has sex with Sage, he can have sex with Rio and Camila (at the same time!) a few minutes later, and even get a blowjob from Becky. I don't know if even with Josy if in her path... Where is the realism there? So I get rid of that limitation with Scrappy's mod and I enjoy more my gameplay.

But I know that I'm playing a modded game, so I know that if I'm not careful when I change a variable, there will be inconsistencies in the plot, and I won't blame DPC for that.

Reactions: AngelsAfterDark

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
I think mods gives you freedom to play the game the way you like. As simple as that. For example, the money mechanic is awful in this game. In order of getting it, you have to waste time playing a lot of awful minigames and go around stealing it from rooms. I like money mechanics in games, if are well implemented. For example, earning money for the repairs of the mansion is always fun for me. But I prefer to get rid of the other money mechanics of this game with a mod.

Or limitations with the scenes that I find absurd. For example, I find stupid to be forced to choose between taking care of Sage when she's with flu and going to a picnic with Jill. IRL, MC would do both, for sure. Or the one of the party at the HOTs'. If MC has a sex scene with Lily, he will cum too early with Sage and will disappoint her, and if he doesn't have that sex scene, Lily just looses her interest in MC. Well, it would be realistic that if a guy, even a 19 years old one, has crazy sex with a girl, can't has crazy sex with another one just a few minutes later, but... if MC has sex with Sage, he can have sex with Rio and Camila (at the same time!) a few minutes later, and even get a blowjob from Becky. I don't know if even with Josy if in her path... Where is the realism there? So I get rid of that limitation with Scrappy's mod and I enjoy more my gameplay.

But I know that I'm playing a modded game, so I know that if I'm not careful when I change a variable, there will be inconsistencies in the plot, and I won't blame DPC for that.
I second this. I personally hate the minigames in any VN. Even the fight minigames.I play them in Unbroken because it's a huge part of the game,it being an MMA based game and it has an impact on the story and the MC's MMA career. But here it's just grinding for nothing. Same with the money stuff u mentioned. I play this game for the story and the characters, not to grind for nothing when I could just get that shit through a mod with no hassle.

The Chik/Dik system is cool and I don't mind it but that's only because I'm playing with a mod. Without it the system would suck ass. Like in the beginning of episode 1 if you're more of a chik u can't push Chad, u can only call for security like a little bitch and If you're more on the dik side u can't hug Maya. simple shit like that is effected by this system so I'd rather not play this game again without a mod.

Jan 24, 2018
Hey guys, i've been away for a while, does anyone have a torrent link for ep9? also i don't have any save files on this pc, would that be a problem for starting on ep9? i was on sage's path on my last save after the interlude if that matters at all.

Crusader of Romance

Dec 14, 2019
Funny, I absolutely love those drinking and fence-painting minigames. The ones I hate are the math ones where I don't understand the solution, and the English ones, where I have a timelimit, and have to think up words. I often just look at the walkthrough for the English ones, but I do try to put in an effort for the math ones. It's a pity, he said the math was being redone.
But then again, it only works when his math logic is constant. I just redid the mid-term math part in episode 8 and one of the questions (no 3) went against the logic he used previously. Without something to establish the new rules, it becomes impossible to solve. And I think I remember there has been a previous one that also didn't really work.

Roundell

Sep 16, 2022
I second this. I personally hate the minigames in any VN. Even the fight minigames.I play them in Unbroken because it's a huge part of the game,it being an MMA based game and it has an impact on the story and the MC's MMA career. But here it's just grinding for nothing. Same with the money stuff u mentioned. I play this game for the story and the characters, not to grind for nothing when I could just get that shit through a mod with no hassle.

The Chik/Dik system is cool and I don't mind it but that's only because I'm playing with a mod. Without it the system would suck ass. Like in the beginning of episode 1 if you're more of a chik u can't push Chad, u can only call for security like a little bitch and If you're more on the dik side u can't hug Maya. simple shit like that is effected by this system so I'd rather not play this game again without a mod.
I like the CHIK/DIK system, but it's too limitative. If you are a DIK, you can only compliment girls with a "You are hot" and you will get negative points with most of the girls... Being DIK doesn't mean being an idiot and not knowing how to talk to a girl. If you are a CHIK, you won't be able to propose sex to the the HOTs... Why? The system should be different. If you fuck all girls around, that will return at some point to bite your ass if you are into Jill's or Bella's path. If you are the male version of Jill, Quinn or Lily will think that you are just looking for a girlfriend and aren't fun, and wouldn't be interested in you. That part of the system is OK. But that's all. I don't like that if you play as a DIK you are forced to behave in a way, and if you play as a CHIK, in another different way.

You can even change from DIK to CHIK a lot of times in a gameplay so far, so you can start your gameplay as a gentle well-mannered and a bit shy boy with a crush, that only have sex with girls that has feeling for, then, after a couple of weeks in B&R you can become a rude asshole that loves non-committal sex, be again a gentle boy once you finished hell week, an asshole again before midterms... That's the player creating a character's personality, for DPC? I don't think it's well implemented. I think DPC had a good idea, but didn't know how to make it work really fine in the game. He made it too complex.

I think it's funnier to have more freedom of action, and of course that those actions have consequences later in the game in some key moments as already happens. Luckily, mods allow to play that way if you like.

Crusader of Romance

Dec 14, 2019
Nope if he continues releasing only one update every 9 months (if we are lucky). If he hires people to shorten release times, I will.
Well this was because he was switching to a new game. It takes longer time. Usually, he releases twice per year.
And more people working on it will also mean a risk that the quality falls. If you ask people who play College Kings many will say the more that worked on it the more the quality dropped. So it's a question of quantity or quality. Personally, I would rather have the quality stay the same but wait a few months than have faster release but the quality dropping.

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020

tg

May 1, 2017
But then again, it only works when his math logic is constant. I just redid the mid-term math part in episode 8 and one of the questions (no 3) went against the logic he used previously. Without something to establish the new rules, it becomes impossible to solve. And I think I remember there has been a previous one that also didn't really work.
Yeah, I meant to say I usually like solving the math ones, but at times, no matter how I stare at it, it doesn't make sense. I can't quote which ones they are, but it's in the episodes /where Cathy is jumping ahead and the character think it's too hard/. I have to guess or look at a guide for the correct answer since I just can't see some of them. But, again, it's a pity they're being done away with. English I could do without.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes