skc0110

Nov 18, 2021
Episode 9 animation breakdown

Ok, so since the bottleneck in getting episodes out quicker for DPC seems to be in animation I wanted to see what we got for our waiting and breakdown the 303 animations.

By numbers:

1second animations 7

2 sec ani 46

3 sec ani 21

4 sec 153

5 sec 46

(Longer 30)

6 sec 9

8 sec 3

10 & 11 sec 1 each

12 sec 4

13 sec 2

16 sec 5

Then 5 of the following:

a 21, 41, 1:04, 1;05, & 1:23 sec animations

Now the content of those :

52 Sage

50 M&J (includes solo)

38 Quinn

31 Bella

31 Jill

30 Lily & Nicole (includes solo)

28 Sarah & Mel

14 Heather

12 Jade

5 Camila

1 Rio &

11 others that breakdown into:

1each of: Tommy coin flip, Rain, Jamie, Leon, Nora, Penny

2 of Cami’s spooky story

And the 3 longest animations

1:04 Bella Xmas

1:05 Halloween at diks (best song in episode)

1:23 Wave 3 of guests (preps and pink rose girls)

{I class 69 of these animations as threesomes, I may have missed 1 or 2 or been generous as to counting it as such}

So looking to this I wouldn’t cut any of it maybe Cami’s ghost story but it built the tension well.

Possibly the bella’s xmas flashback/flash-forward could be cut, but that is dependent on its story impact in later episodes. It seems out of place as an intro to this episode.

(I loved the 2 long ones at the mansion plus they seem to be made up of lots of small segments edited together so shouldn’t be that taxing on the rendering cards in DPC pc’s)

Sage had the 2 longest normal animations at 21 and 41 seconds

Of the 30 six sec & plus animations:

sage had 10 of them,
8 were M&J,
4 Heather,
3 Bella,
2 Jill,
and then the 3 Longs

There you go this is what DPC gave us for our 9 months of waiting.

Should I do my next breakdown a census of the Halloween party’s guests and costumes to try and find a viable suspect for cutting the power?

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
I was reviewing some scenes and if the MC chooses to go to Isabella's house after fighting Maya, there is a following dialogue between him and Isabella.

Isabella "Surely there's a reason you came to my place instead of a friend?"
MC "You've helped me a lot. I think that's why."
MC "And you're genuine. Harsh...but genuine."
MC "I need that. Someone who doesn't lie and keep secrets from me."
Isabella "..."

I wonder if the player will be presented with the option of whether or not to continue the relationship with Bella when she reveals her secret. Poor MC... he'll probably feel betrayed after everything he's been through with Maya and Josy and now Isabella. Will the MC who follows Isabella's route find happiness? Dalli, I need you here! :unsure:
Is that from EP4?

If it is, it doesn't matter because Isabella has secrets just like any other person. With Isabella, James is.

I think so the MC should learn throughout the game how to deal with lies and secrets. Derek said yes to the MC in EP4, so that the MC should harden himself mentally. That's why I assume so that every girl the MC can end up with still has a secret or two. The only question is whether these girls lie about the content of the secret.

In the case of Isabella the MC already knows so that she is married, only not what and/or where James is. Because Isabella can get involved with the MC if the player wants to, the MC or the player, respectively, is prepared during the game for the revelation of the secret and because Isabella has not talked to the MC about James beforehand, there are no lies.

Personally, I can't imagine a happy relationship, between Isabella and the MC, because of the big age difference. If the age difference was only 5 years, it wouldn't be a problem. But Isabella is twice as old as the MC and that will lead to problems the longer the relationship lasts. Isabella feels like a teenager again because of the MC, but reality will always catch up with her so she is just not a teenager anymore. The same principle is applicable to the MC. If he conforms to Isabella, he will eventually realize that he has missed something in his life and the possibility exists so that he will want to make up for it later.

Conclusion: The fact that the MC is fooling around a bit with Isabella may be okay, but I don't see a lasting happy relationship.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
I have to make a guess. I think so Tommy knew from the beginning so Josy and Maya were in a girl relationship. I figure so he found out when he went into Josy's room in the past to get high from sniffing nail polish. This is implied 2-3 times in the game.

In that Josy and Tommy probably hated each other before the nail polish incident and we know through Tommy so Josy ratted him out to Monica about it, Tommy will have done the same in regards to Maya.

In Interlude there is a little hint for parents to talk about their children. Here I suspect so Monica (Josy hates her too) talked to Helen so Josy and Maya would be a couple. The mothers won't have thought anything of it and as far as we know from EP2, Helen seems to be quite reasonable. She did, after all, find a compromise when Derek had his knight phase for Christmas. Only Patrick was angry, of course. From Maya we learn now in EP9, so that she loves her mother Helen. So I think Helen told her husband Patrick about Josy and Maya, but she didn't expect Patrick's reaction. That could be why Maya doesn't want to talk about her mother Helen anymore for now.

Which brings me back to Tommy. We know so he has a short line and tends to overreact. That's why he told his mother Monica about Josy and Maya when Josy told on him. However, when he sees a little later what consequence that brought to Josy and Maya (especially Maya), he started to feel guilty about it and wants to fix it somehow.

He talks to Rusty about it and asks him if he could be the beard for Maya. We learn in EP2 so that Tommy had a conversation with Rusty about Maya. But Rusty can't really remember the conversation. What if Tommy also talked to Quinn about Maya? If they agreed to secretly make the MC beard Maya so Tommy can pay off his debt. In return, the MC gets the restaurant offer from Quinn and they try to get Sage together with the MC, etc.. For Tommy, this is the only solution where he can leave Josy out of it. For Quinn, a game, a way to fuck with people and push buttons, have fun. However, the MC gets under Quinn's skin, which she herself did not expect, and Quinn therefore takes revenge on Tommy by letting Josy join the HOTs.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I come to it because of Tommy's facial expressions during the "Walk of Shame". When he first recognizes only Maya, JB does not yet look worriedly to Tommy, Tommy is astonished, so that just Maya, the Girlfriend of his sister Josy, had sex with the MC. He had not expected it. He understands in the moment just, so that the MC is not only the beard of Maya. Then, of course, when Josy walks out the door, his short fuse burns again.

That being said, I can well imagine so Leon told Tommy about the upcoming "Walk of Shame" on purpose because he saw MJ and the MC playing their drinking game.

I imagine so that Tommy is now pissed because his sister Josy is getting that ticket he was talking about. But there is a simple solution for that and it's Derek. He'll show up because he found that camera. Tommy will probably already be arguing with Josy. But Derek will ask Maya excitedly if he became MC the previous night with the two exclusive and Maya will answer Derek. Tommy gets this and realizes so Josy won't get a ticket because the 3 of them are in a relationship.

But it gets worse for Tommy because Heather is still in the house. When she catches on to all of this and the MC is a CHICK, she will understand why the MC rejected Heather. This may lead to Heather wanting exclusivity from Tommy as well. But let them work that out between themselves.

znar25

Apr 25, 2021
Today is February 7th, another birthday. It's hard to believe that I first discovered this game 4 years ago and at that time I was expecting new horrors with Acting Lessons PTSD.
And then, running the first Episode, having a lot of fun from a completely different atmosphere contrasting with the previous game, losing fights and Brawler, because then it worked terribly, failing the first English test, I saw the scene of MC being knocked out with a shocker. I was expecting a new shop of horrors. And even then I understood that this game is much higher than most AVN projects. These were the first impressions 4 years ago.
View attachment 2372987
Congrats (y)

Reactions: Geralt From Rivia

znar25

Apr 25, 2021
I was reviewing some scenes and if the MC chooses to go to Isabella's house after fighting Maya, there is a following dialogue between him and Isabella.

Isabella "Surely there's a reason you came to my place instead of a friend?"
MC "You've helped me a lot. I think that's why."
MC "And you're genuine. Harsh...but genuine."
MC "I need that. Someone who doesn't lie and keep secrets from me."
Isabella "..."

I wonder if the player will be presented with the option of whether or not to continue the relationship with Bella when she reveals her secret. Poor MC... he'll probably feel betrayed after everything he's been through with Maya and Josy and now Isabella. Will the MC who follows Isabella's route find happiness? Dalli, I need you here! :unsure:
On the Bella-only path, Bella is a lock with any drama that pops up being fixable. We have already seen DPC do minor cliff-hangs etc. only to find out it is workable.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes