Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
View attachment 2948358

I don't have a lot to report this week as I've been working hard on the final lewd scene since last time. My daily schedule has mostly been animation work with a side of static renders and writing.

The animation queue is up to 61 animation files - but around 10 of them will be merged to make multi-angle animations and those only count as one animation in the final tally.

I estimate I'm more than halfway through the lewd scene, I will be able to wrap it up during next week, and after that I have some more writing and static renders to do for this main girl before I can move on to creating the missing phone content.

Back when I upgraded my hardware this development cycle, I got plenty of extra render power available. I thought about how I could use the increased render power to increase the quality of the art. As a result, I started experimenting with 60 fps animations.

The quality increased a lot with that change and the result can only be described as eye-candy. The animations looked more crisp and fluid, and I could easily spot the difference between those and the 30 fps ones.

With my PC upgrades, I will have more than doubled my render power meaning that there is capacity for this improvement going forward. But I don't want to overpromise something, as I'm still investigating how I can optimize this process and make it viable long-term.

For starters, roughly half of the animations you'll see in episode 10 will be in 60 fps. I hope it excites you and that you'll enjoy seeing more clear movements and jiggly things jiggle more fluidly.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
DPC moment, 60 FPS which are basically not needed in this game. :ROFLMAO:

Episode 11 in 8K 120 FPS

hakuna-matata

May 30, 2020

For starters, roughly half of the animations you'll see in episode 10 will be in 60 fps. I hope it excites you and that you'll enjoy seeing more clear movements and jiggly things jiggle more fluidly.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake

I was dying for this! My body was aching for it. I couldn't even sleep at night knowing the fps were not at 60fps. You people don't even understand how badly I want the Preps walking animation to be in 60fps!!!!!!

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
great news, so with the same number of animations (and we know it will be more) for the next chapter it will take a quarter longer.

I'm glad, coming in at 11 months it was a real shame not to find a way to pass the year mark!!!

mpa71

Dec 18, 2017
Back when I upgraded my hardware this development cycle, I got plenty of extra render power available. I thought about how I could use the increased render power to increase the quality of the art. As a result, I started experimenting with 60 fps animations.
What the hell, no surprise animations rendering feels as slow as before, just buy a licence of and interpolate to 60 FPS. We have F4iunyl3x doing it already with flawless result, what a waste of power and time.

always86

Mar 19, 2020
View attachment 2948358

I don't have a lot to report this week as I've been working hard on the final lewd scene since last time. My daily schedule has mostly been animation work with a side of static renders and writing.

The animation queue is up to 61 animation files - but around 10 of them will be merged to make multi-angle animations and those only count as one animation in the final tally.

I estimate I'm more than halfway through the lewd scene, I will be able to wrap it up during next week, and after that I have some more writing and static renders to do for this main girl before I can move on to creating the missing phone content.

The quality increased a lot with that change and the result can only be described as eye-candy. The animations looked more crisp and fluid, and I could easily spot the difference between those and the 30 fps ones.

With my PC upgrades, I will have more than doubled my render power meaning that there is capacity for this improvement going forward. But I don't want to overpromise something, as I'm still investigating how I can optimize this process and make it viable long-term.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
Well, there you have the explanation of why the August/ September and even October release estimates went out of the window. 60 FPS might be nice, but would have made far more sense to stay at 30 and bring his development window back into a sensible time frame. Could have always started to think about 60fps when the 5 series launches.

lollar2112

Dec 10, 2017
View attachment 2948358

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
DPC is very much a style over substance guy.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Let me see, she's red-haired, tall and voluptuous, I could say that's a good deal. the only thing I didn't like was her costume at the Halloween party. You have a beautiful redhead and you don't put the damn red sonja costume on her. It's a total waste. I can't forgive DPC for that offense.

View attachment 2946457
Or Triss Merigold cosplay.
Or if he wanted to keep the Halloween topic-BloodRayne.

KaiserST

Apr 5, 2017
He started the 60 fps thing in this cycle. So most of it is done and he is nearly there. So November is likely still on the board.
That could be true, but honestly I wouldnt hold my breath.

However, that does explain a lot of things from this development cycle.

The number of animations rendered didnt increase because of this jump to 60 fps. In this case, those 4090 are really helping things, otherwise we could easily see some 18-20 months cycles.

Still, such a retard decision.

What the hell, no surprise animations rendering feels as slow as before, just buy a licence of and interpolate to 60 FPS. We have F4iunyl3x doing it already with flawless result, what a waste of power and time.
Right???

Interpolation works great and would make things so much easier.

I bet he would already be done with all animations by now if they were all 30 fps.

Those 4090s are no joke.

Well, there you have the explanation of why the August/ September and even October release estimates went out of the window. 60 FPS might be nice, but would have made far more sense to stay at 30 and bring his development window back into a sensible time frame. Could have always started to think about 60fps when the 5 series launches.
Honestly 60fps would never be worth it considering it literally doubles the render time.

Like MPA71 said, interpolation would already be a good alternative that woulndt cost months of extra time.

With his current hardware, I wouldnt be surprised that the update could already be out or almost done if DPC hadnt done any 60 fps animations.

bro aren't there modders and brilliant people who convert 30fps animations to 60fps for FREE just a couple of days after release?
There are...

I wonder how DPC patreons will react to this news.

Even the mostly positive subreddit was quite negative.

Furthermore, he hid this information for quite a while, I bet that if he suggested that earlier he would get lots of negative feedback from his patreons.

Lets hope someone here who is a patreon can shed some light on the situation later.

That's Ocean. DPC tends to actually have a lot of content. Now he is pushing into style as well. I am guessing he will be buying more PCs soon to assist with his ever growing demand for more renders. If many are at 60 fps. He will easilly be going over 70,000 rendered images.
By my estimates, there will be around 340 animations in ep 10. In the report, DPC said roughly half would be 60fps.

Lets say it will be some 140. In this case, the total number of animated frames from the update jumped from 53K to 74K using a 5,2s animation average.

In a hypothetical full 60 fps ep11 with a similar amount of animations, that would mean 106K frames to be rendered.

And that doesnt consider the static frames.

Last edited:

SweatyDevil

Jan 8, 2022
Oh man, DPC and his wise ass late development decisions...the 60fps is such a bullshit. Idk, wouldn't be wiser to keep things as they are since they allready really great, and use the upgraded setup to bring the dev cycle to some more sensible timeframe? At this point, since there's maybe like 8-9 episodes left we gonna wait more than a decade to get the game completed :confused:. Let's be real, who gonna give a damn in the end if the animations have more frames or not.

neymarhexa

Jul 28, 2022
View attachment 2948358

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
Picsart_23-09-22_12-55-19-322.jpg

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
By my estimates, there will be around 340 animations in ep 10. In the report, DPC said roughly half would be 60fps.

Lets say it will be some 140. In this case, the total number of animated frames from the update jumped from 53K to 74K using a 5,2 animation average.

In a hypothetical full 60 fps ep11 with a similar amount of animations, that would mean 106K frames to be rendered.

And that doesnt consider the static frames.
Well, DPC said he wanted to be the best, overall, in the AVN. Episode 10, alone, will have more rendered images than most AVNs have in total. Man really is on a mission. The long waits are annoying, sure. But it seems he isn't hanging around at all.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes