felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Just.... :KEK: :HideThePain: HOLY FUCK, DPC :ROFLMAO:
Now we know why we haven't got the release in July/August
Hope he will hear for feedback and just use software for interpolation, instead of using SLOW AF DAZ3D to render all those extra frames.

Anyway... don't forget that half of development cycle was done with 3090 rigs. So, EP11 and further are starting with 4090 rigs. But if he will decide to make true 60 fps animations by rendering in DAZ all those extra frames, then the dev cycle won't shorten and will still hang around 9-10 months.

I hope that reason will prevail and he will make the right choice.

Someone has to show him the difference, a video interpolated from 30 to 60 fps and a video originally made in 60 fps. If he doesn't see the difference or it will be minimal and obviously not worth months of additional development, then I think he will choose interpolation.

Damn it... I repeat it again, the poor video codec and the format it uses terribly spoils all these animations and their quality! It just useless to compress and pack all this work in VP8, lol.
  • denial.
  • anger.
  • bargaining.
  • depression.
  • acceptance.
this one went like this but the next one you will see will be faster :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: Kpyna and lipe2410

ImSenjou

Apr 15, 2019
With how much he earns on Patreon it's silly to expect him to reduce development time, for him the longer it takes, the better, if I were in his place I would do the same.

I don't doubt that he really wants to improve the game, it's his creation, it's a success, he earns a fortune for working on it, and he seems to enjoy working on it, so for him there are only positive points in taking time to complete the game, like that he will earn much more, and in the end he will still present a fantastic game, the only ones who suffer are us who are waiting to see this game complete.

Reactions: Crusader of Romance

Ray_D

Engaged Member
Nov 13, 2022
With how much he earns on Patreon it's silly to expect him to reduce development time, for him the longer it takes, the better, if I were in his place I would do the same.

I don't doubt that he really wants to improve the game, it's his creation, it's a success, he earns a fortune for working on it, and he seems to enjoy working on it, so for him there are only positive points in taking time to complete the game, like that he will earn much more, and in the end he will still present a fantastic game, the only ones who suffer are us who are waiting to see this game complete.
you're right about that, the real winners will be those who discover this complete game in 2040. :BootyTime:

Last edited:

Naxer

Feb 6, 2020
View attachment 2948358

I don't have a lot to report this week as I've been working hard on the final lewd scene since last time. My daily schedule has mostly been animation work with a side of static renders and writing.

The animation queue is up to 61 animation files - but around 10 of them will be merged to make multi-angle animations and those only count as one animation in the final tally.

I estimate I'm more than halfway through the lewd scene, I will be able to wrap it up during next week, and after that I have some more writing and static renders to do for this main girl before I can move on to creating the missing phone content.

Back when I upgraded my hardware this development cycle, I got plenty of extra render power available. I thought about how I could use the increased render power to increase the quality of the art. As a result, I started experimenting with 60 fps animations.

The quality increased a lot with that change and the result can only be described as eye-candy. The animations looked more crisp and fluid, and I could easily spot the difference between those and the 30 fps ones.

With my PC upgrades, I will have more than doubled my render power meaning that there is capacity for this improvement going forward. But I don't want to overpromise something, as I'm still investigating how I can optimize this process and make it viable long-term.

For starters, roughly half of the animations you'll see in episode 10 will be in 60 fps. I hope it excites you and that you'll enjoy seeing more clear movements and jiggly things jiggle more fluidly.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
:KEK: :KEK: :KEK:

Can you belive this guy? I've been very lenient with DPC oddities regarding his developing cicle and whatnot. I even joked a lot about some decisions he made incluying some absurd SFW animations or the inclusion of characters as Madame, but well, this game is his baby afterall.

But this is just a deliberate act of stalling. PERIOD. Not even himself belives that real 60fps animations are a desirable goal to achieve in this game, and the fact that he is refusing to use other easier and less time cosuming methods, speaks volumes about his real intentions.

DanMotta

Dec 7, 2022
:KEK: :KEK: :KEK:

Can you belive this guy? I've been very lenient with DPC oddities regarding his developing cicle and whatnot. I even joked a lot about some decisions he made incluying some absurd SFW animations or the inclusion of characters as Madame, but well, this game is his baby afterall.

But this is just a deliberate act of stalling. PERIOD. Not even himself belives that real 60fps animations are a desirable goal to achieve in this game, and the fact that he is refusing to use other easier and less time cosuming methods, speaks volumes about his real intentions.
It seems like people are not paying him to develop a game but to give him free time to learn about coding, rendering, etc. People are paying DPC for his education. People have been more like his parents than his costumers, and he is an old man. Since he has this huge "fan base" lets call it that, he is not really caring about delivering something, but about learning and experimenting stuff and if he likes it, he then develops the game with it.

ppwlkr

Dec 15, 2019
Yeah, how dare he want to make it as good as possible.:rolleyes:
To me, it's not about making it as good as he can, and for quite some time. It's about using proper tools in the proper context for reachable goals.

There's nothing wrong in trying to make better animations to make the game "better" per se. That's great. To an extent.
First, we need to define "good/better". For most of us this game is good because of it's plot, characters, twists, branching etc.
No one minds better and smooth graphics, but most won't care if it was left as is, it's a VN, not AAA 3D action game, and ep8 level beats almost all of the VNs out there in terms of graphics and animations.
So, animations aren't the only way to make the game "better" and probably not the most promising for the audience.

Second, one has to consider tools at hand, workload and the goal. It looks unreasonable to pursue the most advanced VNs like "Detroit:Become Human" level of graphics/animations while working alone with tools like Daz3d and RenPy (which has it's own problems with 60fps btw), no matter how many rtx he has in his hangar.
Seems like he has to consider some cuts in such conditions, like using AI for interpolation, but heck no, he just doubles render queue ffs:FacePalm:

And it just not possible to complete it like this in reasonable time. So he's either unaware of the complexity (which I don't believe) or he's not gonna release it in reasonable amount of time, and that's exactly what he wants. He just passes the time doing funny and exciting stuff that he wants to with no care (at the expense of someone else's money, but that's beside my point). Eventually he will finish - maybe in 5-6 years at this rate.

By all means, he's free to do so. But we have the right to dislike it.
Because personally I know I won't keep my interest in an unfinished story with rare updates for years. So in a sense I know I won't see the end of BaDIK, partly due to such decisions. I'm sure I'll read Ep10, maybe I'll have a look at Ep11 but hardly next ones. And it's such a shame, because the story was quite good and fun.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes