Melissa fan

Sep 23, 2019
I wouldn't say he is milking. He is just his own worst enemy by wanting to do more than the episode that came before. If he were milking the fans... Well.. Go see the latest Milfy City update lol. So long in development with only 2 months of actual work done.
Just because he is actually doing more work doesn't mean he isn't milking it. If he cut some unnessary filler, reduced the amount and length of animations he could be back to 6 months per update. If the game ends at episode 20 he could be done in 5 years and then lose his BADIK money but if he adds in some filler and makes animations longer and slightly better he can add 5 years on to the game and have an extra 5 years of all that BADIK money before he has to create a new game that may halve his monthly income.

I'm not trying to bash the guy because I and 99% of the world would do the same thing if we were in his position. If you are making an entertainment product that needs to have an end at some point and it is currently making 10k a month why end it in 5 years and create something new that could make 2k a month when you can drag each episode out to double the time. I'm sure everyone would rather have 10k a month for 10 years rather than 10k for 5 years and then possibly 2k a month for 5 years or even have to go back to a full time job.

Lovetities

Apr 3, 2020
Just because he is actually doing more work doesn't mean he isn't milking it. If he cut some unnessary filler, reduced the amount and length of animations he could be back to 6 months per update. If the game ends at episode 20 he could be done in 5 years and then lose his BADIK money but if he adds in some filler and makes animations longer and slightly better he can add 5 years on to the game and have an extra 5 years of all that BADIK money before he has to create a new game that may halve his monthly income.

I'm not trying to bash the guy because I and 99% of the world would do the same thing if we were in his position. If you are making an entertainment product that needs to have an end at some point and it is currently making 10k a month why end it in 5 years and create something new that could make 2k a month when you can drag each episode out to double the time. I'm sure everyone would rather have 10k a month for 10 years rather than 10k for 5 years and then possibly 2k a month for 5 years or even have to go back to a full time job.
That not milking tho, you agree that he is working right? He is making unnecessary shits like sfw animations, 60fps animations, etc. Just because things ain't going our ways or we ain't getting the update faster. Doesn't mean he is milking, if he wasn't working and wasn't producing quality contents. I would say that he was milking. Well, as they say there a market for every consumers. I particularly don't care about animations quality but probably some of the patronage do. (They voted for madame after all). I just find it funny that people says he is milking when he is probably the only Dev with higher render quota and complex mechanics than most. Where most Dev struggle to provide atleast 500/1000 renders per 3/4 months. While Dev produce over 34k or something renders for his updates.

Ps- His cult will support his next game, no matter how bad it is. :Kappa:

Reactions: Joshy92
Mar 2, 2022
I wouldn't say he is milking. He is just his own worst enemy by wanting to do more than the episode that came before. If he were milking the fans... Well.. Go see the latest Milfy City update lol. So long in development with only 2 months of actual work done.
TLDR
  • Frames per day with 4090s only slightly higher than Episode 7*
  • Animation count production per week is lower than Episode 6*
  • Both metrics don't support doubling fps without massive wait time increases
  • DPC fails to address concerns about development time increases
  • FPS change doesn't affect DPC workload - Consequences fall on patreons'

Subjective vs Objective
The relative importance of 30fps and 60fps animations will vary depending on who you ask. So I am unable to evaluate how others should react to this. Some people will prefer quality over development speed or vice versa, no one is wrong either way.
The objective data DPC has included with his status updates is where I can inform people and help them form their conclusions.

First Question: What were the 4090s supposed to solve?
Many people are unhappy with how Episode 9 added non-lewd animations while increasing development time. DPC encountered the problem of waiting for animations to finish at the conclusion of episode 9 production. Almost all of November was spent waiting for animations to render.

This problem has resurfaced for Episode 10. There are 200 renders and 91 animations left. We should expect another two months of work once static renderings are completed before animations can be fully rendered.

Second Question: How have Frames per Week changed throughout development?
Let's look at how frames per week have changed throughout the development.

12345678I9
504 (+1%)​
637 (+26%)​
723 (+13%)​
582 (-19%)​
1364 (134%)​
1539 (13%)​
1120 (-27%)​
As we can see, DPC's computers were last upgraded in Episode 7. With the associated 134% increase in productivity, this change is readily noticeable. We will most likely NOT be seeing an increase remotely close to that this time round.

We don't know what the average frames per week for episode 10 are, but we may compare the time span of production.

PeriodFrames per week
Vacation Episode 102176
First 85 Days of Episode 72109
Estimated Episode 9: 5th November - 25 November1680

In contrast to the 134% increase in productivity for episode 7, we will most likely see a 23% increase in productivity for episode 10, which is absurd given the advantages he claims in his status updates. (When the episode premieres I hope to be proven wrong.)
Between episodes 7 and 10, the animation quality improved, but so did the hardware capability.

When we compare the figures from episodes 10 and 7, we can easily see the dreadful fact that even with the 4090 enhancements, he's barely breaking episode 7. Based on the numbers he has shown, there was a significant decline in animation production pace after episode 8, and we should expect this trend to continue into episode 10. But I think announcing that he's doubling the animation requirements while entering a two-month animation waiting period is ludicrous.

Animation Count (Low Quality KPI- Take with grain of salt)
12345678I9
Count per Week
6.27​
6.6​
6.38​
7.85​
6.63​
10.87​
12​
2.4​
7.39​
% Change from pervious Episode
5%​
-3%​
23%​
-16%​
64%​
10%​
-80%​
-38%​

Episode 10 presently has a weekly animation count productivity of 6.59. A lower weekly count than in episode 6...

Third Question: What is DPCs priority?
In this instance, I believe the most essential thing to remember is how he said it.
I got plenty of extra render power available. I thought about how I could use the increased render power to increase the quality of the art.
This suggests that he isn't concerned with addressing the ever-increasing animation development time problems, but is instead looking for ways to maintain/increase development time. Because this is a subjective view, you may disagree with me in this part.

Conclusion
The milking allegations stem from DPC's unwillingness to confront the obvious problem of development time. The crucial thing to remember about doubling the FPS is that DPC does not need to do any additional effort to do this. He is not disturbed on his end. He just changes the FPS in an options box and voila, he has doubled the animation production time. Assuming his patreons continue to support him this is a massive win for him financially.

Of course, if he was experiencing downtime in animation development, I would appreciate an improvement in quality, but that is NOT what we are witnessing in this situation. Someone who has their patreons' financial interests in mind would recognize that this choice will have more negative effects than positive ones. Hence why I've come to conclusion he is putting extra financial burden on patreons' without offering equivalent rewards.

EDIT: It all comes down to how milker is defined differently. I purposefully used quotation marks around the word "milker" since I don't think he is a milker, simply someone who made a poor choice that comes at the financial cost to his patreons malicious or not. I don't really know what the true definition is but I can understand why some people agree and disagree with it. So I will avoid refering to him as a "milker".

My Thoughts
I usually subscribe to the $40 tier when an episode is released and have probably spent over $200 over the course of the game, but given these numbers, I am unable to support this going forward. It goes without saying that this is a subjective opinion based on my lack of interest in quality of animation, especially when it comes at such a hefty price.

I'm not arguing that someone is wrong or right; I'm just trying to give you more knowledge so you may choose more wisely.

Where most Dev struggle to provide atleast 500/1000 renders per 3/4 months.
DPC renders per week for Episode 9: 159.8
STWA renders per week for Episode 6: 122
NyxVN renders per week for Episode 11: 118 (Not including animations)

DPC is blessed with much higher quality and quanity of stations. Every dev has there issues. DPCs happens to be animations.

Last edited:

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
TLDR
  • Frames per day with 4090s only slightly higher than Episode 7*
  • Animation count production per week is lower than Episode 6*
  • Both metrics don't support doubling fps without massive wait time increases
  • DPC fails to address concerns about development time increases
  • FPS change doesn't affect DPC workload

Subjective vs Objective
The relative importance of 30fps and 60fps animations will vary depending on who you ask. So I am unable to evaluate how others should react to this. Some people will prefer quality over development speed or vice versa, no one is wrong either way.
The objective data DPC has included with his status updates is where I can inform people and help them form their conclusions.

First Question: What were the 4090s supposed to solve?
Many people are unhappy with how Episode 9 added non-lewd animations while increasing development time. DPC encountered the problem of waiting for animations to finish at the conclusion of episode 9 production. Almost all of November was spent waiting for animations to render.

This problem has resurfaced for Episode 10. There are 200 renders and 91 animations left. We should expect another two months of work once static renderings are completed before animations can be fully rendered.

Second Question: How have Frames per Week changed throughout development?
Let's look at how frames per week have changed throughout the development.

12345678I9
504 (+1%)​
637 (+26%)​
723 (+13%)​
582 (-19%)​
1364 (134%)​
1539 (13%)​
1120 (-27%)​
As we can see, DPC's computers were last upgraded in Episode 7. With the associated 134% increase in productivity, this change is readily noticeable. We will most likely NOT being seeing a increase remotely close to that this time round.

We don't know what the average frames per week for episode 10 are, but we may compare the time span of production.

PeriodFrames per week
Vacation Episode 102176
First 85 Days of Episode 72109
Estimated Episode 9: 5th November - 25 November1680

In contrast to the 134% increase in productivity for episode 7, we will most likely see a 23% increase in productivity for episode 10, which is absurd given the advantages he claims in his status updates. (When the episode premieres I hope to be proven wrong.)
Between episodes 7 and 10, the animation quality improved, but so did the hardware capability.

When we compare the figures from episodes 10 and 7, we can easily see the dreadful fact that even with the 4090 enhancements, he's barely breaking episode 7. Based on the numbers he has shown, there was a significant decline in animation production pace after episode 8, and we should expect this trend to continue into episode 10. But I think announcing that he's doubling the animation requirements while entering a two-month animation waiting period is ludicrous.

Animation Count (Low Quality KPI- Take with grain of salt)
12345678I9
Count per Week
6.27​
6.6​
6.38​
7.85​
6.63​
10.87​
12​
2.4​
7.39​
% Change from pervious Episode
5%​
-3%​
23%​
-16%​
64%​
10%​
-80%​
-38%​

Episode 10 presently has a weekly animation count productivity of 6.59. A lower weekly count than in episode 6...

Third Question: What is DPCs priority?
In this instance, I believe the most essential thing to remember is how he said it.

This suggests that he isn't concerned with addressing the ever-increasing animation development time problems, but is instead looking for ways to maintain/increase development time. Because this is a subjective view, you may disagree with me in this part.

Conclusion
The milking allegations stem from DPC's unwillingness to confront the obvious problem of development time. The crucial thing to remember about doubling the FPS is that DPC does not need to do any additional effort to do this. He is not disturbed on his end. He just changes the FPS in an options box and voila, he has doubled the animation production time. Assuming his patreons continue to support him this is a massive win for him financially.

Of course, if he was experiencing downtime in animation development, I would appreciate an improvement in quality, but that is NOT what we are witnessing in this situation. Someone who has their patreons' financial interests in mind would recognize that this choice will have more negative effects than positive ones. Hence why I've come to conclusion he is "milking".

My Thoughts
I usually subscribe to the $40 tier when an episode is released and have probably spent over $200 over the course of the game, but given these numbers, I am unable to support this going forward. It goes without saying that this is a subjective opinion based on my lack of interest in quality of animation, especially when it comes at such a hefty price.

I'm not arguing that someone is wrong or right; I'm just trying to give you more knowledge so you may choose more wisely.
I get it. He has made some bad choices and the dev time does reflect that.I see milking as intentionally dragging things out and doing the bare minimum - Like Hillside or even the new Milfy City update. Trickling content out whilst doing the bare minimum. With DPC I see a guy who wants to put out more content, in what ever form, than what was in the previous episode. Typically it is the render count. So I say on his self imposed quest to be seen as a God he has, inadvertently, shot himself in the foot. Buying more PCs so he can do more and more whilst not actually improving the efficiency of his work as he just piles more on. Akin to a dog trying to catch their tail.So, in my mind he is not dragging things out to get the most money. He is dragging it out to develop more content (where as a milker wouldn't) and he certainly in't doing the bare minimum. So that is why I say h e isn't a milker. Just some one who doesn't know when to say "enough is enough".

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
In absolute numbers, even compared to some very reliable and diligent developers, he still is very productive. The problem is not his statics/week statistic, the problem is the amount of stuff he tries to (and kinda has to) cramp in every update by now.

And increasing the fps to 60 just feels like a troll move after Ep. 9 when we had quite a number of animations that (while being impressive on a technical level) did VERY little for the story or atmosphere over all.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I get it. He has made some bad choices and the dev time does reflect that.I see milking as intentionally dragging things out and doing the bare minimum - Like Hillside or even the new Milfy City update. Trickling content out whilst doing the bare minimum. With DPC I see a guy who wants to put out more content, in what ever form, than what was in the previous episode. Typically it is the render count. So I say on his self imposed quest to be seen as a God he has, inadvertently, shot himself in the foot. Buying more PCs so he can do more and more whilst not actually improving the efficiency of his work as he just piles more on. Akin to a dog trying to catch their tail.So, in my mind he is not dragging things out to get the most money. He is dragging it out to develop more content (where as a milker wouldn't) and he certainly in't doing the bare minimum. So that is why I say h e isn't a milker. Just some one who doesn't know when to say "enough is enough".
none of us know DPC's intentions, while it is a fact that all of his latest decisions have gone in the direction of lengthening preparation time, so he is making more money not with quality (which should lead to a visible increase in patreons that are stable) but with the amount of months of subscription collected.

is he doing this because he is an uncontrollable creative genius? may be

the result is that he is asking those who support him to give him more money (the same money, for a longer time), he is asking the same cows for more milk. then you know that cows almost always say yes.

the alibi of poor choices does not hold up
how would these bad choices harm him? absolutely nothing. a little too lucky it seems to me....

Last edited:

SirDawcio

Sep 22, 2020

You guys are always talking about DPC needing to milk BaDIK like it's some random dude from the street who, with a huge amount of luck, ended up getting thousands and thousands of dollars monthly for his work on Patreon. It's not a coincidence.

If that was his first game, sure. But Acting Lessons, albeit a lot smaller in size, is regarded as a visual novel with one of the best stories that took people by the gut. BaDIK seems to be a huge leap forward and while I don't think he's gonna progressively make more and more money, I don't think it's gonna change after BaDIK ends.

Sure, many people will unsubscribe, but a lot of them will hang around to see what other great things AL and BaDIK creator has in store. A lot of the time, when you hear it's from the creators of Elden Ring or Skyrim you get excited, no matter what the genre or type of the game.

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
none of us know DPC's intentions, while it is a fact that all of his latest decisions have gone in the direction of lengthening preparation time, so he is making more money not with quality (which should lead to a visible increase in patreons that are stable) but with the amount of months of subscription collected.

is he doing this because he is an uncontrollable creative genius? may be

the result is that he is asking those who support him to give him more money (the same money, for a longer time), he is asking the same cows for more milk. then you know that cows almost always say yes.

the alibi of poor choices does not hold up
how would these bad choices harm him? absolutely nothing. a little too lucky it seems to me....
C'mon bro, I can take the milking talk from others but not from you, you should know better.

When he banked half a $mill for Season 1 on steam and then between $3 and $15mill for Season 2, it removed money entirely from his decision making process.

He knows Season 3 will set him up for life, Season 4 will do the same for his kids and the inevitable full game remaster will make him rich beyond his wildest dreams. And that's JUST steam, it doesn't even include all the other plattforms.

There is only one single metric that decides when a new Episode will release, and that's whenever DPC is happy with it, nothing else matters to him anymore.

He will never stop pushing the envelope each and every episode, because this is it, his magnum opus. He would have to be a special kind of stupid, and while he is many things, stupid isn't one of them, to not ride the BaD train to Neverland and start a new game after BaD.

So you were right a few months back when we discussed a Sep. 15th release date, we really are too old for this shit :D

PereFourreAss

Sep 30, 2020
DPC never does half assed updates, there's not one episode that has really disapointed me in terms of content (yes, even episode 9) That's why it's frustrating because if this guy had more focus on the important stuff he would have crazy efficiency

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
C'mon bro, I can take the milking talk from others but not from you, you should know better.

When he banked half a $mill for Season 1 on steam and then between $3 and $15mill for Season 2, it removed money entirely from his decision making process.

He knows Season 3 will set him up for life, Season 4 will do the same for his kids and the inevitable full game remaster will make him rich beyond his wildest dreams. And that's JUST steam, it doesn't even include all the other plattforms.

There is only one single metric that decides when a new Episode will release, and that's whenever DPC is happy with it, nothing else matters to him anymore.

He will never stop pushing the envelope each and every episode, because this is it, his magnum opus. He would have to be a special kind of stupid, and while he is many things, stupid isn't one of them, to not ride the BaD train to Neverland and start a new game after BaD.

So you were right a few months back when we discussed a Sep. 15th release date, we really are too old for this shit :D
the fact that he doesn't need it is not much of a defense, the rich steal, and they usually steal more :rolleyes:

first he increases the number of animations (with some in my opinion objectively ugly, like the water park), now decides to double the work for them. (The animation of the beginning of the ninth chapter would have cost more than a month and a half now...)

And it is a choice by which he makes sure to earn that much for much longer, he may be unaware of it but that is what it is.

the idea of the perfectionist is a fairy tale: he can't be a perfectionist someone who hasn't yet managed to make Jill smile, give Maya decent skin, remove Josy's steel bite, fixed Bella's proportions, or have a Sage who doesn't look like she just ran 10 km. if he wants a better product, work on that.

this is understandable behavior, but not so noble....

to me DPC constantly gives the impression of someone who is terribly bored doing what he is supposed to do, an AVN, then takes as much time as he can in doing something else: the minigames, the phone, learning how to do something else etc..

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes