DarkKiller

Sep 3, 2016
And this is one of the many reasons he gets away with it, you people are more worried about discussing the semantics of the world "milker" rather than pointing out that DPC is fucking over his supporters with exponentially higher costs in exchange for terrible diminishing returns regardless of whether he is working hard or not :LUL:

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
the fact that he doesn't need it is not much of a defense, the rich steal, and they usually steal more :rolleyes:

first he increases the number of animations (with some in my opinion objectively ugly, like the water park), now decides to double the work for them. (The animation of the beginning of the ninth chapter would have cost more than a month and a half now...)

And it is a choice by which he makes sure to earn that much for much longer, he may be unaware of it but that is what it is.

the idea of the perfectionist is a fairy tale: he can't be a perfectionist someone who hasn't yet managed to make Jill smile, give Maya decent skin, remove Josy's steel bite, fixed Bella's proportions, or have a Sage who doesn't look like she just ran 10 km. if he wants a better product, work on that.

this is understandable behavior, but not so noble....

to me DPC constantly gives the impression of someone who is terribly bored doing what he is supposed to do, an AVN, then takes as much time as he can in doing something else: the minigames, the phone, learning how to do something else etc..
The "rich steal" arguement while valid in a vacuum doesnt't apply here, since DPC is literally holding on to a lottery ticket with every delay. He's not cashing in $XXmillionen for what 50-60k patreon money ? Yea, I'm gonna say no to that one... :D

Just imagine Steam pulling Adult games again... he would lose tens of millions over peanuts, and he's still not that stupid.

I agree on the perfectionist part, it's very obvious that he is aware that BaD is the one thing in his lifetime where he reached the absolute top and he wants to make it better and better and more and more groundbreaking than anything that's out there. He wants to be "that guy" again and again, to be the first, to set the bar and leave something behind that nobody will ever forget.

It's funny, you know how many people pop up here and say "Oh but this and that game is so much better than BaD" and so on...Artemis, one of the games often mentioned...dude made 70k on steam, and that's before the cut steam takes. It's ridiculous just how far ahead DPC is and im so very sure, that that's the stuff that gets him hard and he craves more of it.

I don't think he's bored in particular, I think he wants to be showered with "Oh wow, we never thought we would see that in an adult game" or "Wow, that's a first", and nothing else matters to him. Dude is living on planet DPC and he makes his own rules.

He is also aware, and I think that's what most people here don't realise, that while every other developer is at least to a degree depended on F95 and Patreon, he won the freedom, thanks to steam, to no longer give a fuck about either one.

I think people have to come to term, that developing time will never decrease, because he always tries to beat himself and come up with something new, and these things just take more time by default.

Ironically, he would make more money, by just settling on one standard, releasing episode after episode, then the full game remaster and ride of into the sunset, but dude got addicted to the praise and there is no way back now.

Just imagine if there would be someone out there to actually challenge him, boy oh boy 24-36 months per episode would be considered "fast" :D

znar25

Apr 25, 2021
Gotta take the time to brag a little (through the pain) about how right I was 4 months ago about DPC always finding a new way to extend development time. It was a couple weeks after he got his new hardware and people thought this meant he would finish the episode by July. LOL. What a joke that was. Back then I optimistically said it would take at least 9 months (release in September), at this point I wouldn't be surprised if it makes it into November. Maybe even further! Who knows at this point, not even sure if DPC does, cuz he's always waiting on the next perfectionist project to work on within the episode.

"I got some marginally better hardware to help speed up my ever-increasing development cycle? Time to double the amount of animation frames!"-DPC with a completely straight face.
Solid!

Last edited:

ProxyGist

May 8, 2023
I'm not sure, but it looks like cheap sheets from the MC's house...If that's the case, then the final scene will be the scene in the MC's house, as DPС indirectly mentioned.

1695471332402.png

d0_after_date1.jpg

Reactions: Zareem

sampow

May 14, 2023
I've seen people saying DPC is milking his fans and I have never agreed with that until now...
I wouldn't say he is milking. He is just his own worst enemy by wanting to do more than the episode that came before. If he were milking the fans... Well.. Go see the latest Milfy City update lol. So long in development with only 2 months of actual work done.
Just because he is actually doing more work doesn't mean he isn't milking it...
That not milking tho, you agree that he is working right? He is making unnecessary shits like sfw animations, 60fps animations, etc...
I appreciate you responding and outlining your position!

It all comes down to how milker is defined differently. I purposefully used quotation marks around the word "milker" since I don't think he is a milker, simply someone who made a poor choice that comes at the financial cost to his patreons malicious or not.
none of us know DPC's intentions, while it is a fact that all of his latest decisions have gone in the direction of lengthening preparation time, so he is making more money not with quality (which should lead to a visible increase in patreons that are stable) but with the amount of months of subscription collected.

is he doing this because he is an uncontrollable creative genius? may be

the result is that he is asking those who support him to give him more money (the same money, for a longer time), he is asking the same cows for more milk. then you know that cows almost always say yes.

the alibi of poor choices does not hold up
how would these bad choices harm him? absolutely nothing. a little too lucky it seems to me....
You guys are always talking about DPC needing to milk BaDIK like it's some random dude from the street who, with a huge amount of luck, ended up getting thousands and thousands of dollars monthly for his work on Patreon. It's not a coincidence.

If that was his first game, sure. But Acting Lessons, albeit a lot smaller in size, is regarded as a visual novel with one of the best stories that took people by the gut. BaDIK seems to be a huge leap forward and while I don't think he's gonna progressively make more and more money, I don't think it's gonna change after BaDIK ends.

Sure, many people will unsubscribe, but a lot of them will hang around to see what other great things AL and BaDIK creator has in store. A lot of the time, when you hear it's from the creators of Elden Ring or Skyrim you get excited, no matter what the genre or type of the game.
C'mon bro, I can take the milking talk from others but not from you, you should know better.

When he banked half a $mill for Season 1 on steam and then between $3 and $15mill for Season 2, it removed money entirely from his decision making process.

He knows Season 3 will set him up for life, Season 4 will do the same for his kids and the inevitable full game remaster will make him rich beyond his wildest dreams. And that's JUST steam, it doesn't even include all the other plattforms.

There is only one single metric that decides when a new Episode will release, and that's whenever DPC is happy with it, nothing else matters to him anymore.

He will never stop pushing the envelope each and every episode, because this is it, his magnum opus. He would have to be a special kind of stupid, and while he is many things, stupid isn't one of them, to not ride the BaD train to Neverland and start a new game after BaD.

So you were right a few months back when we discussed a Sep. 15th release date, we really are too old for this shit :D
So all this milking talk...

I'll call him a milker in jest, but I don't believe it's necessarily true. DPC's work ethic, as observed from his consistent output since the conception of AL, shows that he is a driven man who can produced high quality products in this field.

After AL, DPC set his sights very high, and he knew he was up for several years of production. The issue here is that as time goes by, technology increases and with that, so does DPC's ambition.

So from our perspective, the development is starting to just drag on, but from DPC's perspective, he is putting out higher and higher quality.

It may result in this game being completed around 2030. And thinking about that now, that's a daunting wait! But for anyone picking the game up when it's complete without enduring this wait, it'll be a fucking good game. It'll be something that DPC will be proud of (as much as you can be proud of a game focusing on people fucking each other).

Actual milking would be to try to squeeze every last dollar out of the game, that would be like going back and remastering the whole game once it's finished, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, if people want it, they'll pay for it. A bad example of that is remastering older episodes before even finishing the game, that kind of milking is just unethical.

Then there's what he-who-shall-not-be-named did: Just stop production completely and still accept people's donations, and then throwing them a bone when they start to realise nothing's being done. That's not even milking, that's just outright theft, but if idiots wanna keep subscribing to someone like that, it's on them.

So is DPC adding all these animations and increasing the quality in order to prolong the development in order to rake in millions more? Or is he a fucking psycho who loves doing this shit and just can't control himself when it comes to making each episode bigger and (arguably) better than the previous one?

He's a fucking psycho. That's my take. (y)

Matt2012021

Jul 18, 2020
Funny we get a preview picture right after a weekly update when the last time this happened guess DPC trying to apologize for a shitty weekly report

SirDawcio

Sep 22, 2020
So all this milking talk...

I'll call him a milker in jest, but I don't believe it's necessarily true. DPC's work ethic, as observed from his consistent output since the conception of AL, shows that he is a driven man who can produced high quality products in this field.

After AL, DPC set his sights very high, and he knew he was up for several years of production. The issue here is that as time goes by, technology increases and with that, so does DPC's ambition.

So from our perspective, the development is starting to just drag on, but from DPC's perspective, he is putting out higher and higher quality.

It may result in this game being completed around 2030. And thinking about that now, that's a daunting wait! But for anyone picking the game up when it's complete without enduring this wait, it'll be a fucking good game. It'll be something that DPC will be proud of (as much as you can be proud of a game focusing on people fucking each other).

Actual milking would be to try to squeeze every last dollar out of the game, that would be like going back and remastering the whole game once it's finished, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, if people want it, they'll pay for it. A bad example of that is remastering older episodes before even finishing the game, that kind of milking is just unethical.

Then there's what he-who-shall-not-be-named did: Just stop production completely and still accept people's donations, and then throwing them a bone when they start to realise nothing's being done. That's not even milking, that's just outright theft, but if idiots wanna keep subscribing to someone like that, it's on them.

So is DPC adding all these animations and increasing the quality in order to prolong the development in order to rake in millions more? Or is he a fucking psycho who loves doing this shit and just can't control himself when it comes to making each episode bigger and (arguably) better than the previous one?

He's a fucking psycho. That's my take. (y)
Oh you're 100% correct. I'm similar in that sense and I know for a fact that DPC is a psycho-perfectionist. I'm doing around 40-second music edit for Being a Dik and I've already spent 3 months of my free time here and there to change it or make it better.

Oh, but I can use that render. Nope, it's not good enough; keep changing. What if instead of that simple beginning, I will Photoshop it? Yeah, I can render it now and be done with it, move on, but what if people watch it and dislike it? What if they don't care?

Stuff like that constantly in my mind. I don't know if DPC is as anxious as I am but he is a freaking perfectionist no doubt about it. Psycho one. (y)

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes