DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
It would be very lame and lazy approach on the dev side. Different renders for scenes even in very slightly different circumstances are strong advantage of BADIK. It's very important to reflect what's going on, characters reactions and emotions. Body language and facial expressions. When the only change is a text and dialogue lines, while renders remains the same it feels like characters don't give a fuck about what's going on. It's repulsive and quite implausible.

They're part of the core plot. Very significant one. Why you wish such an option which will make the plot useless and remove the most of scenes and sense from the game itself? Dev written characters and their story in a certain way from the very beginning and he had a plan on the whole plot from beginning as well. During dev cycle he only changed the details and added more permutations and options for players. But main idea barely changed and he follows it from beginning till the end. Any significant changes and altering the approach to development of the plot and characters at the current moment of time and episode # will ruin whole game and will make such hypothetical changes mostly ridiculous as well. Why do you trying to demand and even think of such things after about 5 years since first episode was released?

MC is a snowflake. At least at the time of J&M relationship reveal. It was discussed thousands times already here and there. Let's start it again?

MC is not saint either. He tried to date them both. And even if not, he clearly knew that Josy had a "boyfriend" and Maya just was lack of those extra couple of minutes to tell him the truth, because she was ready to confess. MC and J&M hadn't officially dated as well at the moment of reveal. So any "cheating" discussions is a pure bullshit. As well it's a bullshit because girl+girl is not a cheating on the man, especially when they was not officially dating.

It was an unpleasant coincidence. They never wanted to make it the way it turned out. And J&M are not gay. They are both bi. Josy from the beginning and Maya just thought that she is gay, because she didn't got right opportunity to meet and date guy back in school (bc of bulling, mother situation, etc).

Girls didn't do anything terrible or something that could make the MC sever ties with them forever. What we see in the game next is a plausible development of events, without excessive branching and removal of important plot elements to please a bunch of haters. If for some reason these girls don't attract the player as a love interest from the beginning or after a reveal point, or the player cannot digest that they date each other, they just remain friends and that's it.

Everything else - hatred, the desire to completely "remove" them from the screen, etc. are the wishes of individuals, and their minimum number, which can be peacefully ignored.

Take in mind that as dev you can't satisfy everybody and you have to stick to a certain golden mean and don't overdo anything to satisfy the major part of the players. That's the goal and that's why BADIK was and still one of the best games in genre.

In Intertwined the ability to get rid of the girls was implemented from the beginning. It's a part of writing. But finally, the more of them you "remove" the more boring game becomes later. Does it worth it? From completionists pov - yeah, just to check out once how the game world burns. But in a long term it's mostly useless. Because it's AVN...
I think DPC could easily make the renders necessary. Just look at how much space in the game is dedicated to totally pointless animations. Just cut out said animations and add the renders.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Kpyna

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
Oh no, you mean we might have to wait a year for an update?

That would be awful
Nope, it could took more than a year in such a case, since bc some single individuals wants very complicated branching in the very core part or the plot and the game itself. It reminds me some of the demands for possibility of MC not joining the DIKs or opening possibility to pledge to another frat, for example. It's simple in words, but incredibly difficult in practice and in implementation.

A lot of work for a minimal return.

I disagree with the assumption that the MC would be evil or sith if he didn't put up with the LI's BS. Refusing to be a doormat and having some self respect isn't evil.
In case, if BADIK would be a plotless harem game when MC pursue girls only to fuck them. No backstory, no characters development, no sense at all. Just showing to and pleasing the horny boys with MC fucking all that moves around while he don't gives a fuck if some of girls dissapears here and there. No regrets and all. BADIK is quite not on that level.

Better Cock Spock

Jul 29, 2017
Josy most of the time lets MC make the first move to engage sex like in ep2 and first ep7 scene the rest of the time it equal engage from both of them. It a loving sing of her submitting to MC I mean that in a good and healthy way. Where as with Maya Josy is always the one to engage in sex first in other words Josy the boss
Josy lets others make the big moves because she is scared of everything backfiring. Episode 2, MC has to initiate sex because this is a much bigger step than just dinner or making out, it is 100% Josy cheating on Maya with no vagueness about feelings. Same with Episode 10 and the pillow fort.
We already know it's the same thing if you follow Josy in Episode 5, she outright says this if the throuple didn't happen. She didn't want to voice her opinion, because she might've lost Maya on top of losing MC. And again regarding the "no strings" thing, she didn't want that at all, but didn't speak up as usual to not risk anything.

Regarding Josy being "the boss" with Maya during sex, Maya has less experience and is initially much more conservative about it. Josy (and MC) push her out of her comfort zone, because ultimately it's about having fun. There's far less risk involved than something like three people dating each other.

Reactions: felicemastronzo

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Nope, it could took more than a year in such a case, since bc some single individuals wants very complicated branching in the very core part or the plot and the game itself. It reminds me some of the demands for possibility of MC not joining the DIKs or opening possibility to pledge to another frat, for example. It's simple in words, but incredibly difficult in practice and in implementation.

A lot of work for a minimal return.

In case, if BADIK would be a plotless harem game when MC pursue girls only to fuck them. No backstory, no characters development, no sense at all. Just showing to and pleasing the horny boys with MC fucking all that moves around while he don't gives a fuck if some of girls dissapears here and there. No regrets and all. BADIK is quite not on that level.
The idea of MC pursuing radically different plotlines just doesn't fit. And I don't think a lot of people are advocating for that. The game is titled Being a DIK after all.

But to put more believability into the LI relationships, that's something that the game sorely lacks. And to give the player SOME agency with MC's reactions, that doesn't seem at all unreasonable to me.

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Sometimes watching people in real time realize PissCake is a shitty writer is pretty fun.

Dude watched the movie Animal House and started making this AVN
That was a classic college raunchy comedy
This would be absolute GARBAGE if he did not have high level graphics
For some of us it is wasted because he REFUSES to give any petites

Reactions: HogRocket

Lucho0x0

Mar 9, 2022
When I played Season 1 and 2, I had trouble importing my save into Season 3 and I couldn't play. I'm thinking about buying the game on Steam to avoid problems. Does anyone know when they will publish season 3?

John Dough

May 30, 2017
Lucho0x0

When I played Season 1 and 2, I had trouble importing my save into Season 3 and I couldn't play. I'm thinking about buying the game on Steam to avoid problems. Does anyone know when they will publish season 3?
Did you play season 2 to the end? Basically to the point of
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
after that there is a screen that gives you basically your stats, and some of the decisions you have made. Save at that point to import into season 3

MoBy28

Dec 15, 2023
not for me the Interlude was enough to sell me on her and I consider just as good of a friend as Sage is. Sure she made a mistake but who doesn't. It's not like her mistake was one that she ended up ghosting the MC for years was only for something like 6 months - a year so wasnt a big deal to me. I'm not about to let my MC ruin a good friendship over one mistake second chances and all. Besides she did have her reasons for leaving albeit it wasn't something serious. Besides technically they were never in a romantic relationship at that point so her leaving isnt as bad to me. All in all I consider her a better friend than Derek and equally as good of a friend as Sage.

Plus for me personally I think it's a bit too heartless or harsh to cut her out of the MC's life over that.
I wouldn't kill the friendship or cut her out of his life yet. That will depend on how things progress, if she starts trying to break up the MC's current relationship then yea she gotta go. Other than that still being friends is fine but nowhere near as close as they were since she hurt him pretty badly by just ghosting him. I mean he reset his phone and got a new sim card so she couldn't reach him. So she more or less cut him out of her life for those 8 months then just shows back up expecting to pick right back up where they left off.

I wouldn't put her up with Sage or Derek since IMO they are way better as friends. They don't run off when the MC has emotional issues, they try to help and support him, Zoey does none of that at least for now. So yea the friendship is still there but nowhere near what it used to be due to her choices.

Reactions: DavDR

Ray_D

Engaged Member
Nov 13, 2022
Yeah, even if the MC has DIK affinity, he's still far from a person who's not being used as a doormat by other people. He'll still apologize all the time for the smallest little things and won't retort in any way when he gets blamed for stuff that he's not even responsible for. Why are the alphas the only people in the entire game that he dares to stand up to? It's inconsistent of his character. He GnP's some bully kid back in elementary school with blood spilling all over but now when a girl steals his guitar he can't say shit but has to beg for it back.
I really don't know why DPC added that affinity mechanic to the MC. The protagonist will always be the same no matter if you are a chick, neutral or DIK, basically a character that lets everyone walk all over him except for the alphas, who he can at least fight against. :KEK:

Reactions: L1m1tl3ss and DavDR

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I wouldn't kill the friendship or cut her out of his life yet. That will depend on how things progress, if she starts trying to break up the MC's current relationship then yea she gotta go. Other than that still being friends is fine but nowhere near as close as they were since she hurt him pretty badly by just ghosting him. I mean he reset his phone and got a new sim card so she couldn't reach him. So she more or less cut him out of her life for those 8 months then just shows back up expecting to pick right back up where they left off.

I wouldn't put her up with Sage or Derek since IMO they are way better as friends. They don't run off when the MC has emotional issues, they try to help and support him, Zoey does none of that at least for now. So yea the friendship is still there but nowhere near what it used to be due to her choices.
I think the reason I consider her better than Derek but equal to Sage is because I always felt the friendship has always been a good and healthy thing for him and helped pushed him to do things, as well as had his back. While Derek is a good and fun friend I never really considered him to be a good thing for the MC as to me he has trouble but with good intentions spelled all over his face. He actually be someone id distance myself from at least in certain situations.

Whenever I play this game I always thing to myself I wish I had someone like Sage or Zoey in my life when I was younger all my friends were friends we just played video games. Tho I don't recall her ghosting him when he need her because of emotional issues i'd probably need to do a replay. The only emotional issue I can recall was on the MC for not saying how he felt.

I think I also have a bit of a bias on forgiving her and not seeing it as a big deal unless she does something shitty like try to ruin his relationships. Cause for me I would of been thrilled and excited to have her back in my life. At least anytime I haven't talked to a friend for a year or more and we talk I was excited to the point I dropped anything I was doing or had planned , even if it was just to play video games for a few hours.

Ricthequick

Jun 28, 2024
In fact she runs also once back (at the BBQ event).
Every decision has consequences and adults (these aren't kids) need to learn and live with them, free to backtrack as much as one wants, but can't expect the others to be always there for you.
That said don't ask me why, but I have the impression that even if the MC forgives her she'll anyway end up entangled also with someone else...

Milton749

Engaged Member
Jul 26, 2023
not for me the Interlude was enough to sell me on her and I consider just as good of a friend as Sage is. Sure she made a mistake but who doesn't. It's not like her mistake was one that she ended up ghosting the MC for years was only for something like 6 months - a year so wasnt a big deal to me. I'm not about to let my MC ruin a good friendship over one mistake second chances and all. Besides she did have her reasons for leaving albeit it wasn't something serious. Besides technically they were never in a romantic relationship at that point so her leaving isnt as bad to me. All in all I consider her a better friend than Derek and equally as good of a friend as Sage.

Plus for me personally I think it's a bit too heartless or harsh to cut her out of the MC's life over that.
Plus - Dessolos never ever ever turns down a childhood friend. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Plus - Dessolos never ever ever turns down a childhood friend. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
soooo true unless they do something shitty it's actually just hard for me to say no to them without feeling like an asshole not because I like the troupe or anything lol ( not even my favorite troupe anyways)

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes