VN - Ren'Py - Being a DIK [v0.10.1] [DrPinkCake]

1. 1.00 star(s)

Queen Carmel

I do not understand the love for this game at all. All the five star reviews are either some sort of shills, or people with really low standards, because this game is not a five star game, it is not even close.

ok first off, credit where credit is due, the animations are amazing, and characters such as Josy, Camila, and Sarah look great and I have to say well done for that, that is what earned one star, because otherwise it would be zero. Characters like Bella are completely out of proportion, big tits and ass for no reason other than, just because.

the story, is pure trash, the MC acts like a pussy, even if he is on full dik path he still acts like a pussy, episode 1-4 were really bad, and I admit episode 5-8 the story did pick up slightly, then we get season 3 and well let's forget that shit.

the free roam is annoying and breaks the game play up, it slows the game down for no reason, this is a visual novel, but the free roam is a "point and click" if I wanted to play a point and click, I would get a point and click games, and who thought it was a good idea to play pretty much an whole episode in free roam? complete trash, most over rated game ever made, 100% not worth the praise it gets.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Haha12784

By far the greatest game you can find on this site! Great visual, high replayability and a girl for every taste. The creator gives weekly updates and is always working, rarely taking any time off, which also deserves full respect.

If you didnt try the game by now, you definitely should.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

dioccaa

One of the best games, with a lot of content and differents paths.
    The sex scenes are really good and also the story, girls are amazing.
    There are some "minigames" but just follow the guide and you are ok
    I hope to see more content and more seasons !
  4. 4.00 star(s)

Hottieman18

The story is great and the replayability is high because you have 5 paths of girls. The only thing i absolutely hate is the Zoey ( the ex). Like i don't care one shit about her but i am forced to interacted with her and spend time with her. I don't understand why.
    If you gave the player and option to befriend her or not i would understand but the developer actively forces you to interacte with her which i don't want to. Also the camila scene is good but why not go sowhere more private?
    Also with the whole sage stuff if you did her mom also i would MC react differently based on how much DIK or CHICK he is. That if you are full DIK you would careless about it then when you are neutral or a CHICK way.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Petrix

Amazing story with a lot of twists, amazing girls, amazing renders, amazing music. Every single thing is amazing about this game. The mechanics are very well put together. There is something for everyone in this game. 5/5
  6. 5.00 star(s)

KekWGgWP

I rate the game now because i was way too lazy to do it since the beginning.

Great game and most probably the greatest game from this site, good atmosphere, very great writing and top notch renders.

Just nothing else to say, it's just perfect.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

JerryC

When thinking about this game, it's usually the one every other game are measured. It's for a reason. As of today, it doesn't get any better than this. It's awesome all around. I don't think this game has a single weak point, if maybe its looming drama in the back everyone is waiting for but that does never come out in the open. Anyway, absolute masterpiece.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

mammonite

:love:5/5 Best game out there at the moment , Although sometimes Update takes longer than usual but i think it's justfiable . just the quality of this game is topnotch compared to the others. Always been a fan of this dev since he started Acting Lesson , and yeah what can i say , Best GAME! (y)
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Treyyyy

nothing really to say that hasn't been said already literally everything about this vn is perfect I really cant find any flaw about it no matter how hard i look.
    graphics 10/10
    story 10/10
    pacing 10/10
    writing 10/10
    animations 10/10
    so many choices THAT ACUTALLY MEAN SOMETHING, you can replay this game so many times and keep finding new things drpinkcake is one of if not the best developers in the vn scene he is doing all of this by his self which is one of the reasons updates take so long to come out, and every update/episode that's released is top notch the newest episode(episode 9) that just came out was amazing and had amazing animations. its definitely going to take 4-6 replays to see everything in this vn which is what i love about it.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Cherry Popper

Epic game! Worthy of support. Even though the waits are long between updates, the quality makes it worth the wait.

If I could break down my rating:

Renders = 5 stars

Characters = Most characters get 5 stars

Story = 4.9 stars, only because of a couple missed opportunities by the writer, or maybe time constraints.

Easily the best game on this site.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Iron_havoc

By far and away the most immersive story, characters and branching give almost unending options of character behavior and growth. Renders are absolutely amazing, one could spend a few minutes just rewatching the animations, but out of all, choice of music is the best aspect of the game, creating perfect atmospheres for different scenes and moments.

In a nutshell, on a league of its own, the one to rule them all.
  12. 3.00 star(s)

fluffcube

Great renders and solid characters/writing. But honestly the story is pretty uninteresting, and the game is bloated with a lot of extraneous stuff I don't care about at all. I absolutely do not want to click through a boring free roam event for an hour. I know everyone thinks this is the greatest thing ever created, but it always just feels like kind of a waste of time to me.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

cyberprophet

Haters gonna hate, but i'm going to review a whole game!

Being a DIK - is completelly and totally best AVN on f95. If you didn't play this masterpiece jump straight away!

Story about a college life so expect a lot of sex, alcohol and rock-n-roll here :) There are couple of plottwists here and there that keep you playing that game (and wait for updates!) Some storylines are straight hillarious, some are dark.

Girls are totally great (Not all though xD) Everyone willfind himself a cutie (maybe more). All with different needs, different personalities. Nice

Next on my list - technical part. DPC is coding genius. MC's phone is MASTERPIECE. Mini-games - a lot, some are fun, some are not so fun. But there are different kinds of them and all of them are well coded.

Music. If only i can rate higher then 5 out of 5 i'll rate music in BaDIK as 199/5. Every update there are tracks which go straight in my playlists. Classical, Rock, Club music - all here, all fit perfectly into a game, and are total bangers.

Gameplay - straight VN with some sandbox elements - FreeRoams, which are good ones. I can't consider myself as sandbox fan, but these are well done. Sometimes you get tired of simple space-clicking, free-roam helps a lot with this. There are a couple of tasks which you can do to proceed next. Probably some minigames here and there. ANd again straight VN.

So 5 out of 5, must play!

P. S. Guys chill, don't rate VN for one episode, which isn't as bad as you think, cause of your high expectations)
  14. 5.00 star(s)

YeOldeWanker

10. Update.

Took a while to chew through most of it. There was a lot of stuff this episode for sure, and the game is as pretty as ever and as much as I love how many branches and subbranches that are active in this game, the mini game hassle is just too much.

It feels fine when you're doing a single run, and will create a nice break/flow from the game when you play it like it's meant to be. However i can' really blame the dev for making something that's nice to play when it's finished and significantly less so if you're powering through run after run.

Since the game is now at a expected one per year update, I think the right move for me now is to simply wait it out and not pick it up again until it's finished. Make saves at various branching points which will reduce how much you have to replay parts you've already seen.
  15. 3.00 star(s)

Strobe Adverse

Season's 1 and 2 of this game were the unquestioned best AVN out there (5 stars)... but the interlude and episode 9 just feel like filler (3 stars). It's like watching the Friend's reunion show, it's nice because it's nostalgic, but it's just nowhere near as good as the first game.

If you haven't played the game from the beginning I highly recommend you play it, it's amazing... the MC is super cool, the girls are hot and the renders/scenes are some of the best out there, and the story is great.

If you've played seasons 1 and 2, lower your expectations and download the gallery unlocker mod, there's no point in re-running the entire game to get the extra scene or two that applies to the story line you followed.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

lucas182

Greatest Visual Novel ever written, and still being written. If there was an award season for VNs, this would take all Emmys, Golden Globes, SAG, WGA, PGA, and freaking Academy Awards. Nothing really comes close to the level of WRITING this has. I don't even care about the lewd scenes. They're here, and they're masterful. But the story and the characters, they are the ones that truly make you stay. DPC is an absolute savant.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Perished

What to say man, Dr. Pinkcake is the standard in AVN making. CHOICES REALLY MATTER. The only downside of this game is the wait time between seasons and episodes. There are minigames which satiates your completionist hunger with sweet renders. There are minimum 3-4 playthroughs worth of content. RESPECT.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Elias De Ryker

Best VN I have played, great renders and amazing characters. Anticipate every update and enjoy playing through every story point. Josy still the favourite after 9 episodes but Zoey might be a contender.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Novelly

Overall the best VN on the site. Its not my favourite game, but everything in this one is a solid 5*. Really good pacing , excellent visuals/music, good adult scenes, a big variety of great characters .
    Most of the mini games(like party planning) was fun for me aswell. Did not feel like a chore but a good addition to the game.
  20. 3.00 star(s)

Deleted member 5121513

This is just my quick review on episode 9

I think this work as a whole really sets the standard on what is possible with time and dedication to your work, the visuals look incredible, there is good audio and the attention to detail is incredible.

However I felt in this episode that besides the visuals and attention to detail, everything just sort of felt, flat.
    -The big dinner at the burke house was a complete nothing no matter what playthrough you have.
    -MC speaks like nothing I would have seen him speak like before
    -Story is...well in my opinion I really dont care for the whole "drug" side plot that seems to just be me so take that as you will
    -MC no matter how tough you are got treated like a total bitch even if hes full dik, crying about wanting to call the cops after his confrontation like what the fuck?
    -Dany/Jamie/Leon plot just seems to be the most boring thing I can imagine and quiet frankly wont be surprised if Leon comes out of the closet for Jamie.
    -The haunted house took about 5 minutes, was a complete waste of time with a really bad torch effect

I need to get this off my chest
    THE GAMEPLAY IS TOTAL ASS WHO THOUGHT THAT DOING AN EPISODE IN FULL FREE ROAM WAS A GOOD IDEA, ITS NOT ITS BORING AND HONESTLY SUCH A PAIN ESPECIALLY FOR MULTIPLE RUNS.

Look being a dik 1-8 *chefs kiss*
    being a dik episode 9....ill pass

All this being said its important to note that DrP has been making home runs since acting lessons so its only fair that he has one bad episode to prove hes only human.