Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
That's a choice to get on a path rather than to close paths off. You have the same choice for every girl (are you going on the date with Jill because you like her or because you dislike Tybalt? for example), that's a different situation than choosing to keep a path open at the expense of other paths.
I disagree.

The decision in the DIK library shapes 2 totally different storylines from that point forward and it influences what happens in the second season as well, no matter which decision you make in ep. 8.

If you stop dating Jill, Sage and Bella, they just become your friends and it doesn't affect your relationship with your 3nd season girlfriend (except if you dated both Jill and Bella and chose Bella, of course).

BUT what happens in the library does matter.

LizaS

Jan 20, 2022

This week, I've been working on art, post-processing art, and writing. At the moment, I'm writing some scenes for a smaller hangout for which I'll soon continue to create art.

I'm up to 5841 static renders today, and for those who keep count, episode 10 had 5868, meaning I'm about to tangent that number very soon.

I've posed 305 animations (counted after merging animation files); episode 11 had 335 animations, and I will exceed this with the remaining lewd scenes.

So, the question that comes to mind right now is how much bigger the episode will get.

I scanned through my dialogue files and spreadsheets, trying to make an updated checklist for what's left to do, and here is what I concluded.

Unfinished writing
  • A hangout.
  • Conclusion to a bigger branched scene.
  • 11 scenes in a big free-roam.
  • Parts of the ending.
  • 5 canon story scenes.
  • A small free-roam event.
  • 3 lewd scenes.
  • A couple more scenes for Sage's branch.
  • A small scene for Jill's branch.
  • Multiple scenes for Isabella's branch.
  • Multiple scenes for Josy's & Maya's branch.
  • Others' branch needs more analysis before I can say how much more is needed. It has content, but because of the many girls included under the umbrella of this branch, it's tough to say if it's enough at this point.
Unfinished art
  • Renders and animations for all of the above.
  • Renders and animations for 8 other scenes that have already been written.
  • Some more SFW animations may be needed on top of this.
SFX & Music
  • SFX & Music for all of the above, the rest of the episode should be close to completion.
Coding & other tasks
  • Rooster might need another cluck or two, but otherwise, it's completed. I'm undecided at this point and need to play the episode to get a feel for it.
  • The phone gallery needs more art.
  • Phone chats have content but need some more.
  • A few special renders must be placed in the episode or added to the Vault. It's fast work, and I will do it as I play the episode.
  • Vault digits need to be placed.
  • End of episode report needs to be written.
  • The credit section needs to be updated near beta testing.
After all this comes the polishing and beta-testing process.

My thoughts on all this
Frankly, I feel stressed because, looking at this, I know I won't be able to deliver any time soon, and this month has been hectic for me. There's still lots of work left for this episode to be complete, and nothing of the above can or will be cut.

It's a bit scary thinking about how many renders are left to pose, and PCs have never been idle since last December, so I know art can't be produced faster than it is.

The episode's story and my ambition to make the episode great for you have caused it to become this huge. But I also acknowledge that I've come extremely far with the development and that the episode limits are well-defined with minor exceptions. I will push on to complete the checklist above as fast as I can without rushing.

All in all, I love what I have produced and played so far. There are so many scenes and moments in this episode that I've dreamed of creating since day one of this project.

To be clear, we are nearing the end of the development cycle; it's just that the end of development this time around is much bigger than it normally is.

Thank you for your patience.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake

jd8097619

Aug 27, 2019

This week, I've been working on art, post-processing art, and writing. At the moment, I'm writing some scenes for a smaller hangout for which I'll soon continue to create art.

I'm up to 5841 static renders today, and for those who keep count, episode 10 had 5868, meaning I'm about to tangent that number very soon.

I've posed 305 animations (counted after merging animation files); episode 11 had 335 animations, and I will exceed this with the remaining lewd scenes.

So, the question that comes to mind right now is how much bigger the episode will get.

I scanned through my dialogue files and spreadsheets, trying to make an updated checklist for what's left to do, and here is what I concluded.

Unfinished writing
  • A hangout.
  • Parts of the ending.
  • 5 canon story scenes.
  • 3 lewd scenes.
  • Others' branch needs more analysis before I can say how much more is needed. It has content, but because of the many girls included under the umbrella of this branch, it's tough to say if it's enough at this point.
Unfinished art
SFX & Music
  • SFX & Music for all of the above, the rest of the episode should be close to completion.
Coding & other tasks
  • Rooster might need another cluck or two, but otherwise, it's completed. I'm undecided at this point and need to play the episode to get a feel for it.
  • A few special renders must be placed in the episode or added to the Vault. It's fast work, and I will do it as I play the episode.

My thoughts on all this
Frankly, I feel stressed because, looking at this, I know I won't be able to deliver any time soon, and this month has been hectic for me. There's still lots of work left for this episode to be complete, and nothing of the above can or will be cut.

It's a bit scary thinking about how many renders are left to pose, and PCs have never been idle since last December, so I know art can't be produced faster than it is.

The episode's story and my ambition to make the episode great for you have caused it to become this huge. But I also acknowledge that I've come extremely far with the development and that the episode limits are well-defined with minor exceptions. I will push on to complete the checklist above as fast as I can without rushing.

All in all, I love what I have produced and played so far. There are so many scenes and moments in this episode that I've dreamed of creating since day one of this project.

To be clear, we are nearing the end of the development cycle; it's just that the end of development this time around is much bigger than it normally is.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
So it'll release October 31st, fantastic!

The Krogan Dude

Sep 26, 2023
Unfinished writing
  • A hangout.
  • Parts of the ending.
  • 5 canon story scenes.
  • 3 lewd scenes.
source.gif

Unfinished art
sully-monsters.gif

Coding & other tasks
giphy.gif

yuimetaru.gif

Manoman13

Dec 10, 2020
My thoughts on all this

14 FEBRUARY 2025

gamingdevil800

Monke
Donor
Aug 4, 2020
My thoughts on all this

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
Maybe a hot take but I think there is a high chance he is going to get burnt out on this and either the game will never be finished or he'll take two years inbetween updates :unsure:

He should've hired people to help him with animations, coding etc years ago and just focused on writing the thing. As soon as he split the game into routes at the end of season 2 he made too much work for himself as every LI needs her own scenes in every episode.

• Haha
Reactions: felicemastronzo

SteveyP

Jul 1, 2017

Unfinished writing
  • A hangout.
  • Parts of the ending.
  • 5 canon story scenes.
  • 3 lewd scenes.
Unfinished art
SFX & Music
Coding & other tasks

My thoughts on all this

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
So we are in the final stretch, thankfully. But looks like this final stretch will be a long one though. Pretty solid update all thing considered.

jd8097619

Aug 27, 2019
Maybe a hot take but I think there is a high chance he is going to get burnt out on this and either the game will never be finished or he'll take two years inbetween updates :unsure:

He should've hired people to help him with animations, coding etc years ago and just focused on writing the thing. As soon as he split the game into routes at the end of season 2 he made too much work for himself as every LI needs her own scenes in every episode.
I don't think they're going to burn out, it's more they're understandably not in the best place right now and they're throwing themselves into this and it not progressing as fast as expected is affecting them more than usual.

There's always been specific routes for each LI before now, I just think the real delay with S3 so far has been the parties as a focal point given setting up each crowd shot is probably taking far longer than initially expected. I wouldn't be at all surprised if for S4 we get something lower-key similar to the renovation minigame where much of it is implied rather than on-screen.

anonnyscouse

Engaged Member
Jul 25, 2020
I disagree.

The decision in the DIK library shapes 2 totally different storylines from that point forward and it influences what happens in the second season as well, no matter which decision you make in ep. 8.

If you stop dating Jill, Sage and Bella, they just become your friends and it doesn't affect your relationship with your 3nd season girlfriend (except if you dated both Jill and Bella and chose Bella, of course).

BUT what happens in the library does matter.
But the point is that whether you choose to be in the throuple or not you don't close any other options at that point, it's not throuple and nothing else at that point.
My thoughts on all this

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
This reads like an acknowledgement that the episode will not be released this year.

4.80 star(s) 1,545 Votes