VN - Ren'Py - Being a DIK [v0.10.1] [DrPinkCake]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Im The Night

It's a great game with a great story line and graphics and beautiful characters and thanks to all the developers who makes the Android port and mods and f95zone team an I hope the next update will be released soon enough cause I can't wait
  2. 3.00 star(s)

RancerSama

First and second part very good good graphics and hot scenes it has its bad things like the story that some may like and others we may think is very cliché but the game is good it has many girls and several paths... well they wondered why 3 stars Well, the third part is really simple. I don't like it at all. We stop controlling the protagonist and start controlling a girl who really gives me her story, motivation, and everything they tell me.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Golden Trump

Legit the best game out there with an amazing story , beautiful renders , smooth animations and a hardworking creator who even though takes time to create episodes but never disappoints. The game has gone better with every update .
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Tsodovios

Absolute masterpiece in the Visual Novel with 3DCG, I don't think there is any other game at it's level although there are several just behind it but still for that would be #1 at this moment and it'll take quite a while for it to be toppled.
    Amazing graphics, A heavy yet funny story, Minimal tech problems
    All in all the best among its peers.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

ASCAL0N

Do I even need to review this definitely best game on this site
    below things are copied from someone else to complete this

{this is the best adult game i have ever played. It's not boring at all, you can play them over and over again through a different path/playthrough.

10/10 - Animation
    10/10 - Story
    10/10 - Character/Models
    8/10 - Time before a new update/episode
    10/10 - Quality }
  6. 5.00 star(s)

DDevine

[v0.8.2]

Being a DIK was an AVN I thought I wouldn't enjoy initially due to the fact fraternities and sororities aren't exactly a thing here in the UK. So the premise never hooked me... Yet despite that, it quickly turned into one of my favourites, and easily one of the best I've enjoyed.

The overarching story, the various subplots, the tropes/stereotypes that may or may not subvert the cliché you expect from: honestly one of the best cast of characters I've come across. All works to deliver a compelling and enthralling narrative.

H-scenes
    Overall the animations and statics have raised the bar for what I consider phenomenal. Fun, high-quality, and simply exquisite.

The "worst" complaint you will find is that finding some of the transitions (in the earlier episodes free-roam) can be a bit of a chore-- which is remedied with a fast travel map shortly after.

Mostly vanilla in terms of kink variety; though a few foot-fetish choices mixed in here and there. But there's always another option or skip within the choices if it's not your cup of tea.
    Quite the selection of various positions for almost every encounter-- which is always a plus

In conclusion: Witty. Kinky. Punchy. There was never a moment I wanted to skip any part of it. With beautiful highs and heart-wrenching lows: it's an experience. Experience it

Author note: Bella. That is all.
  7. 3.00 star(s)

Alea iacta est

Definitely, technically is one of the best game on this F95.
    Aesthetically is great, awesome animation and frequent updates.

Unfortunately I find the story interesting like cleaning home on Saturday morning.
    Of course is subjective point of view, maybe due my age (not a pre-teen/teenager).

I would love to see a game with this quality showing real hardcore scenes and not homogenized, safe-for-all sex scenes.
    I
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Ambrose

This game is just pure quality on every front, holy shit, and the renders are out of this fucking world! Most of the choices seem to matter, but not in a game destroying kinda way which is good. My only problem with it is that some of the minigames are pretty tedious and suprisingly difficult (i hope youre good at scrabble and math.....)
  9. 5.00 star(s)

se7en_mp

this is the best adult game i have ever played. It's not boring at all, you can play them over and over again through a different path/playthrough.

10/10 - Animation
    10/10 - Story
    10/10 - Character/Models
    8/10 - Time before a new update/episode
    10/10 - Quality
  10. 5.00 star(s)

sdaadda

Great graphics, very funny at times,
    but still has drama,
    a compelling story and great characters, it looks like a game made by a studio, but one guy did it, really incredible really worth buying if you can afford it.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

beetsbuydrey

Honestly one of the best games on this site. From story line to graphics this game really sets the bar. The renders are amazing and the depth of the plot options keeps the user entertained for hours . I would love to see some spinoff series using some of these characters in other parts of their lives.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

cbc123

perfect music

perfect figures

great story

I'm not a English speaker , sorry for grammer mistakes.
    I played BIK many times, and tried all three character trend. It is so impressive that the author DrPink cake create and manage these story lines perfectly . The Mc could build connections to almost every figure in this game, it's so difficult to make everything reasonable and logical. It's not like just writing a novel or simple story, author needs to pretend to be every charactor and simulate the situations and conditions where charactors are facing.
    Music is a surprise to me. Every sene has its special bgm. Author has a great sense of music and is sensitive and sharp about the relation between bgm , senes and charactors. Although the charactor can't speak a word , bgm gives
    me a feel that they are speaking because of the music.

Imanges and figures are great , every charactor is perfectly built. Can't say the best but top 3 in the vn games i have played.

Thanks for Dr making this great game.
  13. 3.00 star(s)

TM | Twisted Games

BaDIK is a difficult game to rate. It does a great deal very well, and is deservedly one of the best regarded AVNs on the market. On the other hand, it also commits a few cardinal sins of the genre, and unfortunately those have become more frequent in recent updates.

The games renders and animations are beautiful, and the kinetic storytelling is extremely solid. If you don't mind the gamey Dik/Chick alignment system and the sandbox interludes that grind the game to a halt, then there really isn't much else one could complain about.

Sound design on this game is fantastic, there is nary a bug to be found on any of my playthroughs so far, and the individual character designs are fairly iconic. (Isabella is a personal favorite of mine) I can say with a fair degree of confidence that most AVN players would enjoy the first 5 or so chapters of this game.

Unfortunately, the farther it's gone, the more irksome the constant sandbox interludes have become. And I am doubly frustrated by them because this is not a game that needs padding, that needs point and click quests...there is tons of good content to enjoy. Also while the developer is at the top of their craft, some of the musical interludes with the piano feel a tad indulgent.

Finally, and I don't let this factor into my overall rating, but I mention it for those who may share my tastes...the game is fairly vanilla, and chapter by chapter it seems to be more so. Being a 'Dik' may increase the amount of women you can hook up with (although I'm not sure of that, so far it's been pretty even on both playthroughs) but either way you play, the game seems to lock you into fairly generic 'romance' paths. To this point kinks are exceedingly tame. Again, I share this just as a personal perspective, I know plenty of folks who are into vanilla and romance.

For me BaDIK is probably a 3.5 at the moment, but given the professionalism and work ethic of the dev, their previous content, and the winning nature of the initial chapters, I feel compelled to round that score up. (edit: After the Interlude chapter, I'm switching this to rounding down. This storyline is really starting to flounder. I will check back in a few updates)

I am hopeful (v0.8.2 as of review) that future chapters will prove some of my misgivings wrong, and slightly reduce the sandbox elements. If so, this would be an easy game to give the extra star to.

Cheers to you DPC, thanks for a very good game!
  14. 3.00 star(s)

PaulCrackersAWOl

Game started off gret but then got boring very fast. first 4 chapters were awsome but then it felt like dev was making it up as he went along. renders are great throughout. animations get better and better. characters are written well but get boring too. the is very long which can be both good unt bad. i really dnt like pigface mc.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

♂Brout&Minou♀

In this multi-faceted game, the mystery remains intact throughout the game, and we discover complex characters, little by little through many twists in this story. A really fascinating story through an mc torn between attractions that are sometimes compatible, and sometimes in total opposition. A story that feels lived, or everything happens during the first year of college. Friendships that form, sometimes ambiguous. Determining the border between love and friendship is often difficult, and even painful when it comes to choosing. Letting your heart speak is actually more complicated than you might think.
    This game for me is a real gem, a work of art in all areas. The graphics are simply amazing, the story is exciting, the dialogues are exceptional. And even the mini-games, which are sometimes difficult, are downright fun. Everything from the facial expressions, the interactions between the characters to the maintained suspense that keeps us suspended, makes this game a real spectacle to see and play. We laugh, we are surprised, and we even cry. I can relate to this game, the mc more specifically, and my girlfriend too, in many situations and twists of the game, because it is in the same circumstances that our story began. A door opens, people come, another door closes and people leave. Some are there forever, some are gone forever, and some retrace their steps, and reappear in your life, for better, or for worse.. There is a nice moral here, when the mc decides to follow the advice from his father; listen to what your heart is telling you, and be yourself.
    The work done in this game is really something else, and a lot of big movie productions could take a cue from here, how to do something great. My girlfriend and I have played many games, and some are really, really good. But there.... Words fail me to describe this. It's not a game, it's a real magic show. Congratulations, and a big thank you to DrPinkCake for this fabulous story that we can't wait to find for season 3.
    I don't do any rating details here, because for us it's a big 15/10
  16. 5.00 star(s)

WickerBasketMan

The game is excellent! I appreciate the developer’s time on the art, story, and music. It helps to change the genre in a great way and keeps others motivated!

Being a Dik was one of the first games I played in the genre, and it honestly spoiled me. In this genre, it can sometimes be difficult to find games with a good story that develops characters and makes them feel real. I believe the developer has done that and so much more, and I look forward to what he has planned in the future!
  17. 1.00 star(s)

CAznable

I first played this game at 0.2. At the time it was a good game about college drama, with an alright story, good models, great music, and a good update schedule.

After looking forward to and finishing 0.8 I was left with a realization, I didn't like the game anymore. Maybe my taste has changed, but now the game feels like soap opera level contrived drama, I'd expect better plotlines from a Saturday morning cartoon than what BADIK has fallen to.

The models were good when the game first came out. With a recent influx of great looking adult games in the past year or so, I can only say the game looks decent. The uncanny valley in the models seems to be growing larger as each update comes out.

The music is one of the few things that has stayed consistent in BADIK. Quality music that fits every situation. Zero complaints there, I listen to many of the tracks outside of the game frequently.

I'm giving it a 1/5 simply for the fact that Being a Dik had so much potential in the early goings, but has seemingly been bogged down by Kindergarten level "drama" and mind-boggling decisions in regards to the plot and flow of the game.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

rohit6458

Another masterpiece by Dr. PinkCake after his previous work, Acting Lessons. It has a lot of beautiful characters, and you can choose who to go after. The choices influence you chick-dik rating, which in turn influence the story paths available to you. Thus, it also has a lot of new content for replayability.
    But the best thing about the game, or adult visual novel to be more appropriate, is its really good story coupled with excellent soundtrack. It will make you laugh, love, and cry. It will make you stick to your screen for hours just longing for more.
    For me, it's really hard to find a cons in this VN, considering it's being developed by a single person, who tries to push huge timely updates, which have just gone better and better by each update.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Ghostly

This is my review for Being a DIK by Dr PinkCake version 0.8.2.

The good
    • Renders are looking really good
    • Characters have different personalities
    • Music
    • Writing
    • No errors
    • Gameplay
    • Animations are great
    • Big amout of content – 10+ hours
    The bad
    • In the freeroam parts, sometimes is hard to find the hidden renders
    • UI in the freeroams
    In conclusion, 5 stars worth playing.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

(never)mindthegap

I started the game a bit after the new Year and finished Episode 8 a couple of days ago. I'm positive I could've written the review when I finished Episode 3 but I wanted to complete the current version first to see if anything would change for me. It did. I got in love with this fucking game even more! I've reviewed and commented on Dr's previous work and I believe it's redundant to comment once again on his unmatchable story making skills and alluring and in depth world creation abilities. The fascinating animations, the jaw-dropping visuals and renders, an extremely extensive collection of some of the best songs and soundtracks a game can provide and lastly, but most importantly, the remarkable, unfathomable ability to create characters that feel REAL! I cannot stress this enough.. Every character in the game feels, for me, like it actually exists maybe in another timeline or universe. Everyone is so well crafted and written and each of them carry a rich and deeply emotional and human story on their backs. These are real people with real problems, emotions, memories and experiences and the way you (as the Protagonist) can interact with each of them is completely out off this world! The game gets 6/5 for me. If you think reading this that I'm exaggerating a bit much, when you start playing for yourselves remember... I'm not exaggerating enough..