mindern

Jul 7, 2017
I think you hate how the game forces Josy and Maya on the MC, that was a problem with Acting Lessons too, but them as characters and their relationship have been around since the first Episode until now. So much that we have to wait until EP 4 to have the possibility of breaking with them.
I think it’s forced nature is the root of the problems. I’ve long suspected the route was written as optional and retroactively made the central plot. The fact it’s forced creates a lot of these issues people are raising in my opinion.

Ive zero evidence for it actually being a rewrite but as many people are saying here there’s a forced superficiality to it all that is incongruous with the overall writing. They occasionally act like they’re all desperately in love with one another but because it’s a central route we haven’t chosen (or can outright reject) the plot line exists in a bizarre limbo where they have to maintain nothing is serious between everyone.

MC’s reaction to the lies in Ep4 are that of someone much more invested than the game maintains. The girls are much more into the MC than the “let natural strings form” bollocks lets on. Nobody elaborates and they’re constantly holding back. everytime they build up steam or approach character development the brakes are slammed on lest the neutral route get too serious.

It’s inconsistent and it feels like they’ve stripped back a lot of everyone’s feelings to make the route more “neutral” so you’re not inherently cheating on any other route. I thought actively choosing them would fix this in Ep5 and they undeniably did get better... somewhat. Still not enough.

I think Maya/Josy suffer because their route has been hamstrung by being unavoidable.

Reactions: Ragnar and Jubz

TripleV

Jun 10, 2018
This is on point on so many levels, i played as a dik route, got rejected just to see them act like nothing ever happened and josy asking for your help like it's the most natural thing in the world, that part made no sense, she should have asked maya first but for her she was just an afterthought, the mc was the priority, that was such an odd scene for the dik path.
It's even more bizarre in the CHICK path. When Josie shrugged off Maya's suggestion, I just kept thinking that it has to be building for something, but no. There's no repercussions, no reference to it, no sign of it bothering Maya, nothing. It was seriously so astonishingly weird scene as why write that reaction from Josie to begin with? Why not just state that Maya was going with Josie to begin with, but the latter also wanted the MC there?

TripleV

Jun 10, 2018
I think it’s forced nature is the root of the problems. I’ve long suspected the route was written as optional and retroactively made the central plot. The fact it’s forced creates a lot of these issues people are raising in my opinion.

Ive zero evidence for it actually being a rewrite but as many people are saying here there’s a forced superficiality to it all that is incongruous with the overall writing. They occasionally act like they’re all desperately in love with one another but because it’s a central route we haven’t chosen (or can outright reject) the plot line exists in a bizarre limbo where they have to maintain nothing is serious between everyone.

MC’s reaction to the lies in Ep4 are that of someone much more invested than the game maintains. The girls are much more into the MC than the “let natural strings form” bollocks lets on. Nobody elaborates and they’re constantly holding back. everytime they build up steam or approach character development the brakes are slammed on lest the neutral route get too serious.

It’s inconsistent and it feels like they’ve stripped back a lot of everyone’s feelings to make the route more “neutral” so you’re not inherently cheating on any other route. I thought actively choosing them would fix this in Ep5 and they undeniably did get better... somewhat. Still not enough.

I think Maya/Josy suffer because their route has been hamstrung by being unavoidable.
The forced nature of it just makes it even more baffling. I mean, the fact that the two don't seem to care for each other all is still there, but I don't think there's another story as forced as this. Especially since I think almost every other major LI sex scene is a two step choice, you first have to choose to make it a possibility and then you are given a choice to back away at the end. With Maya, though, in Episode 3 if you choose to help her, she will tell the MC about her sexuality and then the game will force a sex scene between the two with no way to back away from it. And even if you don't, it doesn't change the MC's reaction.

Although I still can't get over how ridiculous the MC feeling betrayed was, especially if he was pursuing other romantic interests.

longtom21

Jun 28, 2019
the best thing about this game is that it makes me change my mind constantly bout girls, their background, their characteristic development, choosing the best girl for MC from very beginning to the end,... Finally I found it, now im all in Jill at all cost.Im afraid that a creator always has smt deepshit going on next updates so I make another backup file for both Josi and Maya route lul

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
Can A kind soul please post a save where you stay with Sage? (Episode 5)

I'm doing a playthrough where I'm pursuing Sage however in Episode 5 my MC decides to stay at Bella's which I assume to be because she likes MC espite the fact that I didn't stay with her in episode 4 (didn't have the option to as I didn't even visit her at the library) which also leads me to assume that she has to dislike MC for you to be able to stay with Sage (if you're on her route)?

Am I right to assume that?

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
The forced nature of it just makes it even more baffling. I mean, the fact that the two don't seem to care for each other all is still there, but I don't think there's another story as forced as this. Especially since I think almost every other major LI sex scene is a two step choice, you first have to choose to make it a possibility and then you are given a choice to back away at the end. With Maya, though, in Episode 3 if you choose to help her, she will tell the MC about her sexuality and then the game will force a sex scene between the two with no way to back away from it. And even if you don't, it doesn't change the MC's reaction.

Although I still can't get over how ridiculous the MC feeling betrayed was, especially if he was pursuing other romantic interests.
I think the problem with it being forced is the main issue with the whole story line. I did a whole playthrough actively avoiding Maya and Josy and picking choices that make you lose points with them but they still somehow fall in love with the MC and have their Whole drama regardless of what you do.

blabbolo

Mar 18, 2019
It was seriously so astonishingly weird scene as why write that reaction from Josie to begin with? Why not just state that Maya was going with Josie to begin with, but the latter also wanted the MC there?
The only thing i can think of watching that scene is that josy cares about the mc and not that much about maya, it would have been way better to get a real dik options to cut all ties with them at the end of ep 4.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018

I'm doing a playthrough where I'm pursuing Sage however in Episode 5 my MC decides to stay at Bella's which I assume to be because she likes MC espite the fact that I didn't stay with her in episode 4 (didn't have the option to as I didn't even visit her at the library) which also leads me to assume that she has to dislike MC for you to be able to stay with Sage (if you're on her route)?

If you're asking if you can stay with Sage in ep 5, you can't. Staying with Bella is non-optional.

Reactions: chicho1958

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
My response question would be that what scene outside of that flashback would imply that Maya and Josie had any feelings to rediscover? They spent a lot of time together in episode 4. Was there any interaction there which implied for longing feelings for each other, any hesitation or doubt in their interactions? And of course in episode 5 Maya walked away because it hurt to see a happy father and daughter. So considering the discussion with the MC afterwards, how would that discussion played out differently if it had been a random female student hugging their tearful father? Was there anything to imply that it was worse because Maya was jealous of the woman she supposedly loved? Or her being bothered by the fact that Josie literally didn't seem to care at all if Maya was there to support her?

I'm not saying that you shouldn't enjoy the threesome path or that you couldn't spin your own story to fill those blanks, but for it to be an argument for the story not being bad, at least for me, it needs to be supported by actual events in the game. And I'll be honest here, when I replayed it for this part, I tried paying more attention to the Maya/Josie interactions and I don't really know where a lot of the stuff suggested here was really indicated.
When the MC leaves the dorm room we see M&J having an argument but then when Josy uses that in-joke about giving a "diarrhoea shit" about Maya, it eases some of the tensions and they somewhat relax a bit. This, for me, shows that affection is still there because despite everything they've been through for probably months now, all it took was one jokey comment to put a smile on both their faces. If two people, be they lovers or friends, didn't still have affection for each other, then that in-joke would have fallen flat because it wouldn't be a happy memory anymore.

As others have pointed out, we don't see Maya and Josy together for much of that episode so we don't know how they acted when alone together, but they were probably at least happy to be back together, even if there was a tension between them knowing that they've been with the MC but that the other one doesn't know that. For all we know, they were probably walking on eggshells the whole time and had very short, stunted conversations where they were just trying to get along with each other and not get drawn in to any arguments.

I do think that some of the way it's been written wasn't very good, and you're right that Josy should have turned to Maya first before going to meet her Dad, but I think Maya's emotional reaction to seeing Josy with her Dad was on point and probably had a lot to do with the fact that it was Josy because this is someone close to her who is close to her Dad and it hurts more as a result.

Also, you're right that some of the stuff I say is "filling in the blanks", but that's how you critically evaluate a piece of work like this; you look at the characters, story, etc, and hypothesise how and why certain things are the way they are in order to make some sense of them. Some people might think it's a load of BS, but I enjoy it and sometimes it can be good to put yourself in someone else's shoes and think differently about things.

We gather they’ve had feelings for each other when they fuck at the lake.
Firstly, I always felt as though Josy in this situation was just giving Maya what she wanted and experimenting a bit with another girl and that the deeper feelings came later for Josy. Secondly, we know they made out but don't how far they went at that time or how far they've gone since.

Personally, I hope we get to have a conversation with them about this, maybe when they realise they can't fake a threesome for the Scavenger Hunt and decide they have to do it with the MC (at least on the poly path). Would be nice if, at this point, we could a nice, open discussion and find out just far they've gone with each other.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ragnar

ninetofive

Oct 23, 2019

I think staying at Bella's is just part of the story. Don't personally have a save where Bella dislikes MC so not sure but I think you stay there regardless.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Is there any money to be found at the party?
In Tybalt's room on the bookshelf (I think it's the lower left books, a very small piece of it can be seen behind them), and in the room where you get the suit under the moon globe ornament.

Reactions: cryhwks

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
It's even more bizarre in the CHICK path. When Josie shrugged off Maya's suggestion, I just kept thinking that it has to be building for something, but no. There's no repercussions, no reference to it, no sign of it bothering Maya, nothing. It was seriously so astonishingly weird scene as why write that reaction from Josie to begin with? Why not just state that Maya was going with Josie to begin with, but the latter also wanted the MC there?
I'd certainly prefer it if Josy had asked both to accompany her at the same time, no question.

A bigger complaint for me is that Maya waits behind for the MC rather than going with Josy and sending the MC a text to meet them outside. That looked much worse for the health of their relationship than the way Josy asked for her support.

Unfortunately, that once again runs aground on the needs of the game: Maya has to accompany the MC to provide dialog then leave during the emotional cue so that the MC must choose to follow on or the other of the LIs. If Maya had been present during the conversation, her departure would have provoked a lot more concern and thus we would need to explain why Josy didn't follow.

mindern

Jul 7, 2017
I think the problem with it being forced is the main issue with the whole story line. I did a whole playthrough actively avoiding Maya and Josy and picking choices that make you lose points with them but they still somehow fall in love with the MC and have their Whole drama regardless of what you do.
This is the episode all over though. Not to the same degree but you can be full DIK and avoid Bella, have her actively dislike you because of various behaviours but one talk with Cathy and she's asking you to call her Bella and letting you borrow her car/sleep on her couch. You can piss Sage off, avoid her and then suddenly you're friends. You can reject Maya/Josy but they're still in love with you.

This episode was a filter to get everyone on a similar track. DPC was cleaning house and making it easier to write. Which I understand but it's just creating inconsistencies.

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
I didn't play the polyroute, ...
Did you consider that
- J&M relationship was a secret only Derek knew. Now mc knows, too, but it is still a secret. It's difficult to show a secret relationship in the open.
- Josy's and Maya's sexual orientation is a secret except for Derek (and Maya's dad) and now mc. Maya herself was unsure because she was only with one girl (Josy) before she met mc. Now with mc in their relationship it is clear that both are rather bisexual than lesbian. We don't know if Josy and Maya are attracted by other girls besides each other. Their romantic and sexual relationship evolved out of (probably years of) friendship. Since they keep their lesbian side secret, they cannot engage in lesbian actions in public unless it is in a socially acceptable context like the dildo game in e.4.
- Their relationship was at zero point when Josy arrived at B&R and actually looked rather for mc than Maya, while mc and Maya that evening had just completed the first sexual tasks for scavenger hunt together. This was Hell Week Wednesday night (end of ep.3). Friday night (ep.4) they had the great decision if to stay just friends or be more than friends. Josy's dad visited B&R on Saturday night, only 3 days after Josy arrived.
- Supporting Josy in a potential struggle with her dad is difficult for Maya if their relationship is secret. MC is more neutral and in case that Josy's dad would try to take her back home, mc could intervene and fight for Josy if necessary. He is the better choice based on circumstances.

Episode 5 has several (small) events for the J&M-path.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
This is the episode all over though. Not to the same degree but you can be full DIK and avoid Bella, have her actively dislike you because of various behaviours but one talk with Cathy and she's asking you to call her Bella and letting you borrow her car/sleep on her couch. You can piss Sage off, avoid her and then suddenly you're friends. You can reject Maya/Josy but they're still in love with you.

This episode was a filter to get everyone on a similar track. DPC was cleaning house and making it easier to write. Which I understand but it's just creating inconsistencies.
Yeah see and I have been complaining abut this stuff since the beginning. I don't think other than the 50%/100% scenes it has any checks in the game that really use the RP system. We just float through everything as if no one cares if we like each other at all.

Reactions: BitesZaDusto

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Man, life has been too chaotic for me to get back in here with any regularity, thanks to the health and all - and now we've got whackjobs trying to burn the place down and discredit legitimate protests. (#GeorgeFloyd, baby)

Even having been recorded in the 70's as part of the Grease movie soundtrack, I imagined even the young crowd in the US has heard it several times. Mainly due to the popularity of Sir Elton John.
I won't say it wasn't recorded for that, but I was a big fan of the film and recall zero songs from Sir EJ appearing in it. Was this something that you'd only find on the LP release?

Maybe she will hit him herself if she finds his melon with her panties and picture attached to it.
Coriolan was nice enough to model this scene some time ago, so all thanks to him for fulfilling a fan wish.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Got myself immersed again when this episode came around so I made a quiz: I present to you ! It's got all the characters in the Bios app (so sorry to Karen Rebecca Johnson).

I love both Sporcle and this game, so wanted to make an homage.

(btw it's fucking impossible for me to name all 59 people, I keep blanking on someone different every time, it's insane lol)
I don't know if it was brought up already (so many pages in this thread) - You missed at least two that I'm immediately aware of. Karen Rebecca Johnson seems to be missing, as is Sandy from the Pink Rose.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes