Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
If something like that were to happen, I'd imagine it would either be that the MC is given time to decide on what to do, i.e. until the end of the game, or he will simply be granted access to the money without any choice but can later decide (at the end) whether to keep it or shun it. Having it branch within the story would probably be too much as it would create two separate paths, but a few different renders and lines of dialogue with each of the LI endings would not likely be as much work.

In either case, whether he's given it automatically or has to decide what to do, having the people at the college find out about it would be interesting for the story as he could get both advice and pressure about what to do and it would be interesting to see how others react to it and what their attitudes are to both it and him when they find out.
That would be somewhat interesting however, I'm certain a majority of people wouldn't care as they aren't close/friends with MC, and the only conflict I could see coming out of it would be Quinn trying to use MC as some sort of piggy bank for her own personal gain only to get rejected.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
That would be somewhat interesting however, I'm certain a majority of people wouldn't care as they aren't close/friends with MC, and the only conflict I could see coming out of it would be Quinn trying to use MC as some sort of piggy bank for her own personal gain only to get rejected.
That's what I mean by "people at the college"; the DIKs, HOTs, Jocks, Bella, Jill, etc. Seeing how these people react to it is what would be interesting.

Zirael Q

Aug 28, 2017
Quinn is a main girl, just not a love interest.

She's actually the 2nd most important character in the game after the MC. For example, the entire plot of Ep.5 derives from Quinn's decision to push the HOTs toward the preps and not telling Tommy/Rusty about it. The DIKs storming off, the adventures in the Prep mansion, the DIK house being trashed all flows from Quinn's decision.

One could take any one LI out of the game with some rewrites, but remove Quinn and BaDIK is an entirely different game.
haha Quinn bad brrr

Darkmetal

Jul 6, 2019
True, It would seem that what ever is in the letter has to be forced. And i still highly believe it's the rich family.
I agree and think this makes he most sense, whatever happens as a result of the letter will likely be forced.
Forced is a strong word. Coming into money could just be part of the story, same as going to B&R - we didn't have a choice to not go to Uni either or not be a good guitarist etc. That's just baked in.

There is also nothing inherently "dishonorable" about getting money. People that win the lottery aren't bad, just lucky. Plenty of stories/movies have a protag getting an inheritance from a long lost relative they've never met, nothing wrong with that - until it turns out that the inheritance is a creepy old mansion with a book made of human skin in the basement that is :LOL: ).

There is no moral dilemma unless there are major strings/conditions attached. e.g. It could be that the heir to the "Buffet" fortune recently passed away and MC is the only blood heir of the family alive. Grandad decides he has no choice but to name MC as inheritor - but we will only get it on graduation - so the choices will pertain to how the MC behaves as a rich/influential guy on campus and not a lame game of "choose what to invest in."

Having said that, we don't even know if the letter involves money or not. The chances are high tho because it has been foreshadowed twice. First in our conversation with Jill (where we joke about her buying islands) and second in our conversation with Maya outdoors where she specifically asks what the MC would do if he came into money.

Noor Oneal

Oct 26, 2019
Forced is a strong word. Coming into money could just be part of the story, same as going to B&R - we didn't have a choice to not go to Uni either or not be a good guitarist etc. That's just baked in.

There is also nothing inherently "dishonorable" about getting money. People that win the lottery aren't bad, just lucky. Plenty of stories/movies have a protag getting an inheritance from a long lost relative they've never met, nothing wrong with that - until it turns out that the inheritance is a creepy old mansion with a book made of human skin in the basement that is :LOL: ).

There is no moral dilemma unless there are major strings/conditions attached. e.g. It could be that the heir to the "Buffet" fortune recently passed away and MC is the only blood heir of the family alive. Grandad decides he has no choice but to name MC as inheritor - but we will only get it on graduation - so the choices will pertain to how the MC behaves as a rich/influential guy on campus and not a lame game of "choose what to invest in."

Having said that, we don't even know if the letter involves money or not. The chances are high tho because it has been foreshadowed twice. First in our conversation with Jill (where we joke about her buying islands) and second in our conversation with Maya outdoors where she specifically asks what the MC would do if he came into money.
I agree, I believe and also want the MC getting the inheritance. In a way he could be the only child of the family meaning the only one to get the inheritance. Seems everyone is on the same page of what the letter might be. Now it would be a huge letdown it it wasn't anything of this sort. But somehow i doubt it.

Reactions: Darkmetal

Deleted member 24507

Well-Known Member Amateur Artist 3D
Donor
May 5, 2017

DOWNLOAD (v0.5.0)
Win/Linux:
I have a question about the links!

all links except for NOPY, I can download normally, even in NOPY, but 70% of the time the download gives an error and when I choose to continue it returns from the beginning regardless of how much the file has already been downloaded!

This happen in all games I try do download

Does this happen to anyone else? Thank you

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
Do you think the MC is a B or R? His mother was from a rich family. Possible?
A few people here think that MC's mother might have been a Burgmeister however that wouldn't make much sense since I'm sure his dad would have told him that. Even more so if he was a Royce. DPC would (theoritically) be treading on a mighty thin incest line since Jill is also a Royce.

I'm hoping it's different/more prominent family his Mother hails from.

Last edited:

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
I'm really impressed by DrPinkCake sense of detail... For instance, the guitar lesson :
View attachment 706485
That's indeed a major G ! Almost the way to do it when you're novice...
However, MC should know that the fingering can be further improved... He has to let index finger free to go down on major G7... But that's just guitarist's frenzy !! ;)
It is poor fingering - as you say, you should use fingers 2-3-4 because it make G7 easier, but also makes transitions to C chords, F chords, etc. easier. But the MC is a self taught guitar player, and this is a common fingering for folks with no formal lessons. But hey, what do I know, I only spent 15 years studying guitar, and a lifetime working on them.

Dec 20, 2019
I don't know about Americans or French or Algerians but, does Tommy have a secret crush on Josy or he just hate her guts? I'm getting the secret crush vibe because he cannot stand her being in HOTs and he cannot stand her playing that spin the dildo game. What he told Quinn might just be an excuse, unless he really is a brat and kept a grudge for the nail polish incident.

Dunacting

Jun 13, 2020
A few people here think that MC's mother might have been a Burgmeister however that wouldn't make much sense since I'm sure his dad would have told him that. Even more so it he was a Royce. DPC would (theoritically) be treading on a mighty thin incest line since Jill is also a Royce.

I hope so too.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
A few people here think that MC's mother might have been a Burgmeister however that wouldn't make much sense since I'm sure his dad would have told him that. Even more so it he was a Royce. DPC would (theoritically) be treading on a mighty thin incest line since Jill is also a Royce.

Why would he though? If her family completely disowned her for running off with a lowly guy like him, that would sting pretty deeply and cause both parties, the Mom and her parents, to not want to have anything to do with each other anymore. The Mom might therefore have not wanted the MC to know of his lineage because she wanted to keep him as far away from that world as possible.

By not telling him, Neil would be honouring her wish to not let the MC know about his lineage, and yes, this would mean that Neil is fully aware his son is attending the college that is part of that lineage, but he probably never thought that they'd find out about him going there. The so-called "bad memory" his Dad seems to have might not be that at all but could be him deliberately acting forgetful when speaking of the Mom's family so as to both tell not the MC and also a way to make him to stop asking.

Reactions: Laurelin

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
I don't know about Americans or French or Algerians but, does Tommy have a secret crush on Josy or he just hate her guts? I'm getting the secret crush vibe because he cannot stand her being in HOTs and he cannot stand her playing that spin the dildo game. What he told Quinn might just be an excuse, unless he really is a brat and kept a grudge for the nail polish incident.
He doesn't have a crush on her or anything like that but he does secretly care for her I believe. Her joining the HOT's and getting involved in all the BS and drama that's about to unfold is exactly the reason he didn't want her there at B&R imo. The whole ruining my fun thing seems like a half truth half lie cover.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes