Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Looks fabolous

Now I just need Sage and Josy here :cool:
We had Josy. She was the first one.

View attachment 738469

View attachment 738470

Thank you all for your support!

It's been overwhelming and I feel that I haven't taken the time to thank all of you enough for helping me reach this milestone.

So, to celebrate I've prepared a reward that I will release daily until it's completely distributed.

It's a special render series I call "Beach fun".

Today's wallpaper is of Josy. I have attached a 4k and Full HD version of the render to this post.

I hope you enjoy this series! See you tomorrow with another wallpaper.

Love

Dr PinkCake

Roelandt

Jul 10, 2020
The fight with Caleb is not canonical because it can be avoided.

In short, anything that is "canon" are things that are unavoidable. Anything that is based on choice is therefore not canon.
"Unavoidable"..."Fixed" might be a better descriptor. "Etched in stone." The past cannot be re-written.

However, in the writing of future Episodes, Doc will need to make canonical assumptions based on the literal divergency of canon which is the nature and side-effect of choice based games. Many forks in the road behind us. It's unlikely that he has the time and inkling to write scores of divergent storylines from the get go to spiral off into many new forks. He would need to write literally hundreds of storylines just for a single Episode from 5 Episodes full of choices. Therefore he'll need to make assumptions. Meaning he will have to discard many elements that are not "fixed" or "etched in stone." Ideally Doc could write elements into Episode 6 that involved not fighting Caleb, fighting him and losing, and fighting and winning. But that right there would create dozens of branches and so is impractical. So it's not unreasonable that non-fixed or non-canon elements will be either ignored or discarded...for now anyway.

For example in the (excellent) game City of Broken promises, the MC has to go to a high class party to gather information. You get to choose which of three different female NPC's you want to bring with you. Each girl results in a completely different party scene. Clever. Well, later in the story, Victoria, one of the girls, references something that happened at the party during her scene, even if you didn't choose her in your run-through. It's a blooper...but understandable. Games like this are like trees with potentially thousands of branches and twigs. It would require a large staff to cover every possibility. And DrPC, brilliant as he may be, is just one guy.

We as players will need to "suspend our disbelief" a bit, and be gracious to the writer, understanding that the next episodes may not be impacted by some of the choices we make in 1 to 5 even though we might like it to. For now, as he indicated in a recent Update report, he's doing the best he can. That is until the game becomes more of a phenomena and Doc hirers a full writing staff. Then....BOOYA BABY!

Last edited:

Roelandt

Jul 10, 2020
Well, I wonder if DPC might do one of M&J together as well as their separate ones. :unsure:

I'd certainly enjoy that. :love:
He did Sarah and Melanie, so maybe. And you know Doc is teasing us with holding off on Jill and Bella. The scoundrel!

Forgot more Josey! I WANT MONA!

Sorry...I'm drooling again.

Shades19

Jun 8, 2017

Shades19

Jun 8, 2017
He did Sarah and Melanie, so maybe. And you know Doc is teasing us with holding off on Jill and Bella. The scoundrel!

bold: NEVER BE GONE!

Well, I wonder if DPC might do one of M&J together as well as their separate ones. :unsure:

I'd certainly enjoy that. :love:
I wouldnt mind either, but gimme dat Josy ass :cool:

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018

Gotta say, I did find that interesting that he put those 2 together. I know that they're always seen together and are practically joined at the hip, but M&J are in an actual relationship. Surely they should have a render together as well as their individual ones.

flippityflop

Jun 29, 2020
I didn't like Megan too. The moment Mel was introduced I was like "ok fuck Megan. I am going for this chick." But in the end I ended up with Ana, because I was influenced by my dick. :(
I had my eyes on Mel before even playing Acting Lessons. Ended up with her too. Hooked up Liam with Rena. Couldn't be happier with how things turned out in the end, with all things considered, because there's no fucking way in Hell I'm ever playing Acting Lessons again.

Reactions: Maviarab

Roelandt

Jul 10, 2020
Gotta say, I did find that interesting that he put those 2 together. I know that they're always seen together and are practically joined at the hip, but M&J are in an actual relationship. Surely they should have a render together as well as their individual ones.
That would have made more sense, but maybe this is an indicator that he is planning to do more the the Skank-Twins, Sarah and Melanie (did I just type that?)

Dec 20, 2019
"Unavoidable"..."Fixed" might be a better descriptor. "Etched in stone." The past cannot be re-written.

However, in the writing of future Episodes, Doc will need to make canonical assumptions based on the literal divergency of canon which is the nature and side-effect of choice based games. Many forks in the road behind us. It's unlikely that he has the time and inkling to write scores of divergent storylines from the get go to spiral off into many new forks. He would need to write literally hundreds of storylines just for a single Episode from 5 Episodes full of choices. Therefore he'll need to make assumptions. Meaning he will have to discard many elements that are not "fixed" or "etched in stone." Ideally Doc could write elements into Episode 6 that involved not fighting Caleb, fighting him and losing, and fighting and winning. But that right there would create dozens of branches and so is impractical. So it's not unreasonable that non-fixed or non-canon elements will be either ignored or discarded...for now anyway.

For example in the (excellent) game City of Broken promises, the MC has to go to a high class party to gather information. You get to choose which of three different female NPC's you want to bring with you. Each girl results in a completely different party scene. Clever. Well, later in the story, Victoria, one of the girls, references something that happened at the party during her scene, even if you didn't choose her in your run-through. It's a blooper...but understandable. Games like this are like trees with potentially thousands of branches and twigs. It would require a large staff to cover every possibility. And DrPC, brilliant as he may be, is just one guy.

We as players will need to "suspend our disbelief" a bit, and be gracious to the writer, understanding that the next episodes may not be impacted by some of the choices we make in 1 to 5 even though we might like it to. For now, as he indicated in a recent Update report, he's doing the best he can. That is until the game become more of a phenomena and Doc hirers a full writing staff. Then....BOOYA BABY!
What made me started the canonical question in the first place is the Twitter post by DPC with Jamie and his bruised nose bridge. To me that's basically him acknowledging the Caleb fight as the official story. That is something that could have easily cause a temporal collapse to the DIKverse as we know it. :LOL:

(Sorry, this is what happens after watching Daily lives of an immortal king)

Roelandt

Jul 10, 2020
What made me started the canonical question in the first place is the Twitter post by DPC with Jamie and his bruised nose bridge. To me that's basically him acknowledging the Caleb fight as the official story. That is something that could have easily cause a temporal collapse to the DIKverse as we know it. :LOL:

Caleb didn't hit him. Dawe did (or however you spell that jerk's name). So he get's popped whether the MC fight Caleb or not.

Dec 20, 2019
Caleb didn't hit him. Dawe did (or however you spell that jerk's name). So he get's popped whether the MC fight Caleb or not.
No if you didn't fight Caleb, Dawe will not have the opportunity to sucker punch.

It's the same as that argument in which if MC did not kiss Sage, Mel and Sarah's conversation I not happen.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018

Well, as I said before and will say again now, I think he used the bruised version because it's more amusing, not because they're acknowledging it's the "canon" version of events. Ep 5 had a bruised and non-bruised Jamie and ep 6 will have the same for this Rooster post and other renders featuring him.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes