always86

Mar 19, 2020

This week I've mostly been coding and working on GUI design. I can't spoil what it is that I'm working very hard on, but expect some new features starting in the next episode.

I'm creating something that will take a few weeks to fully complete, but once it's complete it will be future-proof and only need tweaking.

So, I will mostly pose animations and focus on writing code in the upcoming weeks.

My PCs are busy rendering animations (pretty long ones right now) while I spend time coding.

The current status of static renders and animations is as follows:

1550 static renders and 62 animations are complete.

I've playtested what I have to play so far and it's about 3 hours worth of content for one thorough playthrough, but I'm far from finished.

In poll news, the winning option in the cosmetic poll for Josy was option 1. It will be featured in episode 6.

A new poll will start sometime next week.

The Beach Fun special render series is coming to an end next week and I hope you're excited about the final renders. I'm sure you can guess who they will feature.

Today's Beach fun render features Jade. 4k and full HD versions are attached to this post.

Have a nice weekend

----
From June 26th
Update today - 700 renders and 26 animations + 45% of the writing. (He writes first then renders) So up to 25% of renders and 16% of animations. Essentially only 1.5 weeks progress.

Ep 5 total:2456 renders 157 animations
63% of renders and 39% of animations when compared to episode 5.

Sounds like good progress, if a little slower than we’d like. So long as things are rendering there isn’t much more he can do about it.

Reactions: IdaenDrako

GPsarakis

Sep 28, 2019

This week I've mostly been coding and working on GUI design. I can't spoil what it is that I'm working very hard on, but expect some new features starting in the next episode.

I'm creating something that will take a few weeks to fully complete, but once it's complete it will be future-proof and only need tweaking.

So, I will mostly pose animations and focus on writing code in the upcoming weeks.

My PCs are busy rendering animations (pretty long ones right now) while I spend time coding.

I've playtested what I have to play so far and it's about 3 hours worth of content for one thorough playthrough, but I'm far from finished.

In poll news, the winning option in the cosmetic poll for Josy was option 1. It will be featured in episode 6.

The Beach Fun special render series is coming to an end next week and I hope you're excited about the final renders. I'm sure you can guess who they will feature.

Today's Beach fun render features Jade. 4k and full HD versions are attached to this post.

Have a nice weekend

----
mmmm Finally that Jade beach time, hnnnggggg!

Dec 20, 2019
From June 26th

63% of renders and 39% of animations when compared to episode 5.

Sounds like good progress, if a little slower than we’d like. So long as things are rendering there isn’t much more he can do about it.
Take this into account too and I say it's a lot.

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018

Have a nice weekend

----
I wonder if the new GUI features are something to do with Dungeons and Gremlins it could be a new mini game that would be kind of nice. At least we finally get a beach render of the best girl Jade and she looks great.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
The mind can be indeed crazy, but that's not how dreams work.
If that were really the case. The game would have to explain one way or another why MC dreamed of those specific people in that specific environment.
Why would the game need to explain a dream in that environment? We already saw him fantasise the events of the game in ep 3 so we know he has a vivid imagination and people have dreams set in fictional places from movies, TV shows, etc, all the time. I myself had a very vivid dream just this week of walking around the Millenium Falcon then fucking Rey on the Dejarik table. What's the explanation? I'm a Star Wars fan and I'd like to fuck Rey. Pretty simple explanation.

What's the explanation for the MC dreaming of Jill, Josy, and Maya in the DnG world? Because he played that game and these are 3 LIs. Also a pretty simple explanation.

No. Josy being Maya's girlfriend was conveniently coincidental (for some people at least).
There's nothing awfully coincidental about a bunch of friends and acquaintances (in some cases more than that) playing a tabletop RPG.
There is if you feel that certain characters wouldn't be interested in playing a tabletop RPG regardless of their relationship status with the MC or anyone else, and that's how I feel about Josy, Maya, and Sage (if that preview shows her to also be "in the game").

Drama is an integral part of this game. That's never going away. I think DPC made that abundantly clear.

Like I said earlier. The problem I have with this being a dream is that it would be a wasted opportunity for some character development. Or strengthening MC's relationship with some of the LIs, if they so choose that is. Or, as you said, be the cause for some potential drama.
And how does playing a game of DnG help character development? Oh, the MC chose to shield Maya from a spear instead of Josy that must mean he likes her more and it's going to affect his relationship with Josy. Really? It's a board game. It's not anything that should really have that much impact on relationships or character development.

For me, it just feels like a way to needlessly pad the game out rather than advance the actual plot and character development. Whereas a relatively short dream sequence that gives us an insight into the MC's thoughts and feelings on recent events, even if it is set in a fantasy environment, actually does provide character development for him because we get to see where his head is at at this point in time.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
As much as I want more D&G, I think a whole episode of it would be a mistake. IMHO, one of the lessons of Episode 5 is that an episode needs a variety of activities to keep things fresh and enough time to pass to avoid stalling the narrative.

If a day of wall-to-wall sex (or teasing for Jill and Bella) wound up feeling thin, spending an episode on a roleplaying game session just won't provide enough content. And imagine how people who don't much like the D&G setting would feel.
I think this might be part of the reason why I'm fixated on this being a dream and not an actual game of DnG because I honestly felt like that game they played was just pointless filler and not something that really needs to be done again. So the idea that it would be another game, especially one that is more lengthy than the first one is not a pleasant thought for me.

I know we're only 5 episodes in to a potentially 16 episode game, but adding something like this would just feel like it's needlessly dragging things out and not advancing the plot at all, which is not something you'd think he'd do again after ep 5.

Really hoping that this "GUI design" and the "new features" don't have anything to do with a long, episode-length game of DnG after what always86 and ename144 have got me worriedly thinking about now.

I wonder if the new GUI features are something to do with Dungeons and Gremlins it could be a new mini game that would be kind of nice.
Oh God, I hope not. :(

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
Guys big boomer here, I already have Being A DIK version 0.4.1 how do i just download the patch instead of the whole thing?
The patch links are on the first page, and instructions as to how to install it are included in the .zip file
Unfortunately the Windows update patches aren't in the first post anymore, only the Mac 4->5 update patch is still up. Would be nice if someone with the appropriate privileges put the Windows 4->5 update patch back in the OP.

The Win update patch is still available though, just need to search the thread:
Not sure why the mods don't have it in the OP, but yes there is an official patch for 0.4.x/0.5.0 -> 0.5.1 for Windows (2.10 GB).

There is also an unofficial patch for 0.5.x -> 0.5.2 (4.3 MB).
Wheras a relatively short dream sequence that gives us an insight into the MC's thoughts and feelings on recent events, even if it is set in a fantasy environment, actually does provide character development for him.
Why exactly can't the same thoughts and feelings be explored during the actual DnG game?

You like your wild flight of fancy, but Occam's razor - all three LIs visit the library periodically, it's far more plausible they turned up at the same time & are just playing DnG.

Doesn't mater if the MC likes DnG, he already does many things he dislikes to spend time with the LIs & the DIKs to boot.

Making it a dream is just a more convoluted approach to achieving the same outcome.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Why would the game need to explain a dream in that environment? We already saw him fantasise the events of the game in ep 3 so we know he has a vivid imagination and people have dreams set in fictional places from movies, TV shows, etc, all the time. I myself had a very vivid dream just this week of walking around the Millenium Falcon then fucking Rey on the Dejarik table. What's the explanation? I'm a Star Wars fan and I'd like to fuck Rey. Pretty simple explanation.

What's the explanation for the MC dreaming of Jill, Josy, and Maya in the DnG world? Because he played that game and these are 3 LIs. Also a pretty simple explanation.
But... you're a Star Wars fan, of course you might dream about Star Wars. The MC is clearly no fan of D&G (so far). That's why it would be weird for him to have a dream about it, especially a dream with seemingly accurate details like being able to play a bard.

For me, it just feels like a way to needlessly pad the game out rather than advance the actual plot and character development. Whereas a relatively short dream sequence that gives us an insight into the MC's thoughts and feelings on recent events, even if it is set in a fantasy environment, actually does provide character development for him because we get to see where his head is at at this point in time.
The original D&G session was shorter than some of the dream sequences we've had, I don't see why a hypothetical new session would be much longer.

And again, I despise the dream sequences we've had so far. They haven't given us one lick of character insight. They've been nothing more than gratuitous spank material. And frankly they were bad even at that, managing to make Josy, Cathy and Jade seem less appealing for their efforts.

To me, it's no comparison. Just seeing Jill join the trio as a friend to play a quick, goofy game seems likely to tell us more about how these characters view each other than we'd ever get out of a BaDIK dream sequence. As I said, I don't want to drag this out to a major feature, but as a quick diversion I think it would be great.

BenMeiffert

Jul 29, 2020
I know we're only 5 episodes in to a potentially 16 episode game, but adding something like this would just feel like it's needlessly dragging things out and not advancing the plot at all, which is not something you'd think he'd do again after ep 5.
Maybe DPC needs this new game to develop friendship with Sally and the girls or to add a new story (and new problems) with/from the nerds.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Why exactly can't the same thoughts and feelings be explored during the actual DnG game?
Because it's a board game. When has anyone ever played a game of Monopoly, or Cluedo, or Trivial Pursuit, or even D&D, and had some great revelation about their feelings for someone they're playing with let alone have what happens in the game affect their relationship with someone they're playing with.

Honestly, would Josy really take it that badly if the MC's character defended Maya's character from something and not hers? Is she really going to be so emotionally wounded that it affects their relationship? Is this just going to be a foil for more forced relationship drama right when we thought when we were going to take a break from that for a while?

I'd just rather see them make actual progress doing real things, and yes, that might sound hypocritical given my stance on the dream idea, but dreams can be an insight into a person's way of thinking and can work if utilised effectively. It doesn't have to be like season 9 of Dallas.

But... you're a Star Wars fan, of course you might dream about Star Wars. The MC is clearly no fan of D&G (so far). That's why it would be weird for him to have a dream about it, especially a dream with seemingly accurate details like being able to play a bard.
Well, I've never been to the Black Forest in Germany but I once had a dream of being chased through there by aliens, and also not any aliens I've ever seen in any movie, TV show, etc, before. My mind made that up almost entirely from nothing and it's not the only time I've ever dreamt of things I've never seen or experienced before. I also once had a dream where I was speaking Japanese and I don't speak Japanese. So it's not inconceivable to me that someone who's never played a game like DnG could imagine themselves in that world, especially since he already did it once and he knows what a bard is because the nerd in the other game was one.

Also, if I remember I correctly, Magnar explained the game before they played it so the MC could have easily picked up that knowledge and it's how they manifested it in a dream.

Also also, a friend of mine once had a dream where they were eating coleslaw even though they'd never eaten it before, and then they started eating it and said it tasted exactly like it did in their dream. So the mind is capable of extraordinary things.

Last edited:
Reactions: CynicalBstrd

Sev162

Jun 4, 2018
What if the new GUI features are something to replace the current DIK/Chick system? I remember reading theories here before about eventually "destroying" that system given that we'll be approaching a point where if you commit to only DIK/Chick decisions you'd be locked into your position. So maybe the player's position on that gets locked in and replaced by some new system?

As for an in-universe explanation for this - perhaps the DIK/Chick system was only ever to set up the MC's initial reputation to the other characters and his position in this world - e.g. characters will treat the MC as "just another of the DIKs" if you landed on the DIK end of the scale, or will consider you different from those guys if you were on the other end of the scale. Of course I'd hope you could still have some wriggle room to make decisions that change people's opinion of you from then onward, but yeah.

Just a random thought. Dunno exactly what the new system could entail, just throwing words at the screen now. :ROFLMAO:

always86

Mar 19, 2020
Really hoping that this "GUI design" and the "new features" don't have anything to do with a long, episode-length game of DnG after what always86 and ename144 have got me worriedly thinking about now.
I don’t think he will do a complete episode of it. Tying the game in to reality etc. I wouldn’t hate it. It may Be a chunk of the update is D&G, as I say I think it could be a fun way to explore relationships and the competitiveness of the different LIs in a soft way.

Could be the new GUI is D&G and works like a mini game with the girls. You play together, but it’s no more significant than Swyper or The other app which name I’ve forgotten.

To the would *insert character* play here’s my thoughts;

We know Jill would and has. She’s not judgemental in that way. She’s probably the catalyst to playing again.

Josy I think would play. She’d play just to get to know the nerds, but especially if MC and Jill are playing. Could be Jill invites her, she invites Maya.

Maya is a movie nerd and a bit of an introvert, I don’t think she’d approach the nerds in the library and ask to play, but I’m certain she’d play (And probably enjoy it) if MC/ Josy asked them to join.

Real Kreten

Apr 10, 2020
Josy: What are they doing?
MC: They play DnG.
Jill: It's a hero game. We played this one too.
Josy thinks (they played it!)
Josy: That sounds interesting. Do we try Maya
Maya: Let's play.

What a complex plot for the creation of the immortal group B&R.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Knight sir Derek Earlgray as tank
Bard Tremolo as support
Cleric Jill Vanima as support
Rogue Josy as DD
Wizard Sally as DD
and Maya, I do not know what is, maybe druid or sorcerer.

ThePresident451

Yuno Gasai NEVER EVER follows you back
Donor
Apr 22, 2020
Damn, Sigmund Freud and The Interpretation of Dreams must bow to the subconscious experts we're honoured to have here.

How to turn a simple preview telling an even simpler in-game situation into a dozen of unnecessary speculations.

Maybe it's time to stop overthinking and overanalyzing things every fucking time and to grasp what the image actually says?

It's a DnG game with MC, Jill, Josy, Maya and Sally. For some reasons which we'll discover they found themselves in the same library and decided to give another try at DnG with the nerds, dragging M&J as you like to call them. Is it that difficult?

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
Because it's a board game. When has anyone ever played a game of Monopoly, or Cluedo, or Trivial Pursuit, or even D&D, and had some great revelation about their feelings for someone they're playing with let alone have what happens in the game affect their relationship with someone they're playing with.
D&G is not a board game. Its a game played in your imagination. The paper, miniatures, maps are all just props to assist you. All the real work is done in your head. I could easily see how your real world attraction for someone could lead you into crossing a few lines in the game. A way to flirt and express something that gives you deniability and fall back on the "its just a game" stance.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
considering how short the first game at D&G was, I don't think this second can occupy a big time, if it is not a dream, it will probably last longer the premise that they playing together than the game itself

Dashxp4k

Aug 17, 2019
Why would he not dream about them in this environment? The mind is a crazy and creative thing, especially in our dreams, so there's no reason why he couldn't dream of something like this.

I'm not saying I'm right about this, but I just, for whatever reason, have a hard time wrapping my head around the idea of these characters playing this game together. Yes, Jill and the MC played before; yes, Josy and Jill are somewhat friendly; yes, Josy and/or Maya could be convinced to join by the MC or Jill because of their connection to them; yes, they might all be in the library along with Magnar and Sally, but that's an awful lot of conveniently coincidental circumstances for this to work.

Plus, having them all play together, especially if the MC is dating all 3, feels like it would force too much drama on this whole situation when we were just getting to a nice cooling off stage where hopefully the MC and his various relationships would get a chance to breath, relax, and take things easy, but this would take so much of that away.
Thats why my main save i be friend with Maya & Josy

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
I just said that yesterday ! Nerds are the evil guys !
Nah, antagonists maybe but not evil. Don't forget that they've been victims of both the Diks and Jocks for years and want some payback. It's just unfortunate that the MC is caught in the middle.

Or was your tongue wedged firmly into your cheek?

BenMeiffert

Jul 29, 2020
Damn, Sigmund Freud and The Interpretation of Dreams must bow to the subconscious experts we're honoured to have here.

How to turn a simple preview telling an even simpler in-game situation into a dozen of unnecessary speculations.

Maybe it's time to stop overthinking and overanalyzing things every fucking time and to grasp what the image actually says?

It's a DnG game with MC, Jill, Josy, Maya and Sally. For some reasons which we'll discover they found themselves in the same library and decided to give another try at DnG with the nerds, dragging M&J as you like to call them. Is it that difficult?
Where is the fun if we can't joke around this game and tells weird theories ??? This thread will have 20 posts and not 3800 pages.
A new picture ?! OK, what next... boring
I just agree with the philosophical things because i am not fan of that, but everyone has freedom to tell what they want.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes