Sep 22, 2017
Yeah I found that to be strange on my initial (DIK) playthrough. MC got it in with Josy, but didn't really wind up hooking up with Maya, had chosen other options over her, so from my perspective it didn't make much sense as I felt this MC didn't care about them, Josy was more of a fling and he's been busy all over campus at any rate.
Same. My first run was with a massive DIK MC and my initial thought when Josy stepped into the room was "oh nice, threesome". But I understand that sometimes the story has to be streamlined to create conflict and it would've been way too early to start making separate routes all throughout EP4 just to make everyone happy. 4-5 month wait between episodes is unbearable enough, no need to add even more to it.:D

Reactions: ItsNotMeToo

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
So besides a possible inheritance and a plea of forgiveness or Ultimatum which has already been theorized and discussed what other realistic outcomes will the contents of the letter MC recieved bring?

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
So besides a possible inheritance and a plea of forgiveness or Ultimatum which has already been theorized and discussed what other realistic outcomes will the contents of the letter MC recieved bring?
The revelation of who his Mom was and what Neil actually knew but didn't tell him. But that won't happen until ep 7 because you just know that the MC opening the letter is going to be a cliffhanger ending. ;)

Sep 22, 2017
The revelation of who his Mom was and what Neil actually knew but didn't tell him. But that won't happen until ep 7 because you just know that the MC opening the letter is going to be a cliffhanger ending. ;)
I fully expect that to be the case except we might actually get to read it before it fades to black. Otherwise it's like if EP3 ended with just MC's inner monologue on doors but Josy only walked in at the start of EP4. :D

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Is There any android Port of this game, or maybe planned to do it?
white-down-pointing-backhand-index_1f447.png

Deleted due to game breaking bugs. Since the android versions are created on a voluntary basis by kind hearted members of this forum you should patiently wait for the next release when they can, hopefully, put out a working version of v0.6.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Now do you see why it's gone?

Reactions: r1k1m4r

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I fully expect that to be the case except we might actually get to read it before it fades to black. Otherwise it's like if EP3 ended with just MC's inner monologue on doors but Josy only walked in at the start of EP4. :D
If he reads it, we won't see it. It'll probably just be a series "...", followed by a shocked expression on his face as he says, "What the fuck!", and then the episode ends. :ROFLMAO:

Ep 7 then opens with a flashback of his Mom and Neil back when they got together to essentially explain the contents of the letter, or at least the shock reveal part of it. *cough* Burgmeister *cough*

RonWeasleyJr

Sep 23, 2018

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
Don't know about the first part but I do agree with the letters content being the cliffhanger for this upcoming episode seeing the episode will cover MC's birthday.

Sep 22, 2017
If he reads it, we won't see it. It'll probably just be a series "...", followed by a shocked expression on his face as he says, "What the fuck!", and then the episode ends. :ROFLMAO:

Ep 7 then opens with a flashback of his Mom and Neil back when they got together to essentially explain the contents of the letter, or at least the shock reveal part of it. *cough* Burgmeister *cough*
Definitely possible but wouldn't you be at least a little disappointed if DPC's writing became that predictable? I'm still hoping he'll outsmart all of us and makes everyone go "Of course! How did I not see this coming?" by the end of it, even if it's somewhat unlikely.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Definitely possible but wouldn't you be at least a little disappointed if DPC's writing became that predictable? I'm still hoping he'll outsmart all of us and makes everyone go "Of course! How did I not see this coming?" by the end of it, even if it's somewhat unlikely.
Nah, predictability can be fun. That moment when something happens that you saw coming and you go, "Hah! I knew it!", can be quite enjoyable. :giggle:

If he does something different and it works, that'll be fine too and I could see a few ways where the episode could end even before he goes home and gets the letter, but ending on that note just seems right because it's a tried and true way to tease your audience in the most agonising and effective way, especially when we know how many months it will be before we find out the contents of the letter.

Sep 22, 2017
Nah, predictability can be fun. That moment when something happens that you saw coming and you go, "Hah! I knew it!", can be quite enjoyable. :giggle:

If he does something different and it works, that'll be fine too and I could see a few ways where the episode could end even before he goes home and gets the letter, but ending on that note just seems right because it's a tried and true way to tease your audience in the most agonising and effective way, especially when we know how many months it will be before we find out the contents of the letter.
I get that, and it's not like I don't enjoy and take pride in predicting something in the story before it actually happens. It's just that when I look back on all the games/movies/etc I've enjoyed, the ones that stick out as the best experiences aren't examples of me grinning ear to ear because I anticipated a turn of events I wasn't supposed to, but those rare moments when the credits start rolling and I still haven't been able to collect my jaw from the floor because of something that came completely out of left field.

I might be expecting a little too much from an adult VN, though. It's not like DPC can provide an "ending of The Sixth Sense" level of twist with every episode. As long as things don't feel forced and make sense in the context of the story I'll probably be happy with it.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
I get that, and it's not like I don't enjoy and take pride in predicting something in the story before it actually happens. It's just that when I look back on all the games/movies/etc I've enjoyed, the ones that stick out as the best experiences aren't examples of me grinning ear to ear because I anticipated a turn of events I wasn't supposed to, but those rare moments when the credits start rolling and I still haven't been able to collect my jaw from the floor because of something that came completely out of left field.

I might be expecting a little too much from an adult VN, though. It's not like DPC can provide an "ending of The Sixth Sense" level of twist with every episode. As long as things don't feel forced and make sense in the context of the story I'll probably be happy with it.
Hmm, Yeah I do believe you have a little bit of unrealistic expectation, and not because this a visual novel, its not really different than a book, and books can be surprising to, but because it is not a good comperation

think of it as like a tv show, and when people watching these shows, they make so many prediction , that eventually some of them are gonna be real. this does not take away anything from the story, they are just smart enough to understand the plot and figuring out the possible outcomes, or they are just lucky with some of their crazy theories :ROFLMAO: . the point is it is not the writing fault.

and in Badik, we do make theories, so many that i feel like if some of them won'T be real, peoples may find that to be upsetting for them. I' mean, if Chad's secret, is something else than him being gay , some people might be even upset, or goes as far, saying, that would been better, instead of what we get.
and this would not be DPC fault.
the same can be said about the letter thing.

I'm at the point where very few thing can surprise me, :). and you I don't expect to be surprised, so it will be a nice surprise if I'm surprised. :ROFLMAO:

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Of course, and don't get me started on Derek being the grand-son of the MC while Maya being the grand-mother, that met through time and space to make sure that the space-time continuum is preserved .

People actually hacked into DPC to retrieve the script, i read it myself and i'm a 100% worthy of trust .
Maybe 99%...

I feel that trying to make everything a shocking twist winds up undercutting the impact twists should have. But the letter has been specifically singled out as an upcoming plot point, and the fact there are missing details in the story of the MC's mother has been foreshadowed from Day 1. So it does seem like a proper candidate for a big, dramatic reveal.

That said, I don't think the mere fact the MC would be shocked by contents of the letter would be an effective cliffhanger. We would need some sort of context for what had shocked him. Otherwise it will just come across as a cheap tease. It's possible we could be given context by something else (say, a Burgmeister crest on the letter, or Neil telling the MC that it's time he told the MC who his mother really was).

But I think the best way to sell the impact of something like that would be for the MC to read the letter himself, reveal the TWIST(tm), and then cut to Punk Rock Flu. That way the start of Episode 7 wouldn't have to waste time with exposition, it can sum it up during the 'Previously On' montage and get straight to the relevant reaction from the MC. Plus, that way the opening flashback could give us additional details on the events without rendering the eventual explanation to the MC redundant.

IMHO that was one of the problems in Episode 5. The DIK flashback made it obvious the MC and Derek had aced Hell Week, so having to watch them wait through judgement was less an example of dramatic irony and more a like waiting for characters to catch up with the audience.

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
But I think the best way to sell the impact of something like that would be for the MC to read the letter himself, reveal the TWIST(tm), and then cut to Punk Rock Flu. That way the start of Episode 7 wouldn't have to waste time with exposition, it can sum it up during the 'Previously On' montage and get straight to the relevant reaction from the MC. Plus, that way the opening flashback could give us additional details on the events without rendering the eventual explanation to the MC redundant.

IMHO that was one of the problems in Episode 5. The DIK flashback made it obvious the MC and Derek had aced Hell Week, so having to watch them wait through judgement was less an example of dramatic irony and more a like waiting for characters to catch up with the audience.
Spot on could not agree more.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes