ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Tommy's a user, in more ways than one. He manipulated Rusty into getting what he wanted because Rusty seems like someone who's quite easily led.
Tommy's certainly happy to benefit from Rusty's wealth, but it's hard to tell how much leading that took. We know there are a few things Rusty never indulged Tommy on, so how much of the rest was stuff he needed to be manipulated into rather than merely wanting to do it himself?

Based on the Episode 5 flashback, I get the impression coasting on his family's coattails was not a new thing for Rusty. Likewise, the decision to create his own fraternity (with blackjack! And hookers!) seems to have been inspired more by Tybalt than Tommy. I'm sure the DIKs wound up with less blackjack and more hookers than they would have without Tommy, but that's the nature of being someone's friend: they take your advice to heart.

Reactions: flippityflop

DMoney1000

Jan 6, 2020
So this doesn't have much to do with anything, but after playing through this a couple of times I decided to go back and try to play through the game trying to be as much of a loser as possible: basically, avoiding friendships and physical affection as much as possible, failing tests, getting beaten up, and so on. You still have to kiss Josy and Maya, but you can avoid even kissing anyone else in the game. It makes for an amusing run: as far as the girls go, Sage especially tries to throw herself at you multiple times, and eventually questions whether or not you're gay. Cathy's dialogue reflects how you're not a very good student at multiple occasions, and if you try to help the one classmate with his work, your answer ends up being wrong.

Sep 22, 2017
So this doesn't have much to do with anything, but after playing through this a couple of times I decided to go back and try to play through the game trying to be as much of a loser as possible: basically, avoiding friendships and physical affection as much as possible, failing tests, getting beaten up, and so on. You still have to kiss Josy and Maya, but you can avoid even kissing anyone else in the game. It makes for an amusing run: as far as the girls go, Sage especially tries to throw herself at you multiple times, and eventually questions whether or not you're gay. Cathy's dialogue reflects how you're not a very good student at multiple occasions, and if you try to help the one classmate with his work, your answer ends up being wrong.
I got second-hand embarrassment and pain just from reading this. Thank you for your service and sacrifice.

DMoney1000

Jan 6, 2020
I got second-hand embarrassment and pain just from reading this. Thank you for your service and sacrifice.
Happy to help. And really, if you enjoyed the ride so far - as I have - it makes for a funny change of pace. I mean, if DPC gave you the option of playing a huge loser who can't handle girls throwing themselves at him, you might as well give it a shot for grins, right?

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Happy to help. And really, if you enjoyed the ride so far - as I have - it makes for a funny change of pace. I mean, if DPC gave you the option of playing a huge loser who can't handle girls throwing themselves at him, you might as well give it a shot for grins, right?
Agreed. Over the years I've played many games that offer lots of small choices, but BaDIK is one of the best at keeping track of and responding to all those choices (even if it's only in small ways). It's a genuinely impressive experience.

The downside is that a lot of the changes blend into the game well enough that you only notice them when you replay the game and do something different. Well, that and the fact that those occasions where DPC can't adequately deliver enough variation on certain choices irk all the more. So far the ratio has been far more hit than miss, though, and I'm hopeful that will remain the case long enough to reach the end game where big plot branches can finally be dealt with.

Reactions: Kuraii

Sheet420

Sep 4, 2016
It's 100% impossible to keep track of updates from the developer with how much this thread is being spammed. Can someone fix this?

Or can we at least let N7 post the updates so we can actually find them?

Reactions: Wirtlon and Momo321

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Tommy's certainly happy to benefit from Rusty's wealth, but it's hard to tell how much leading that took. We know there are a few things Rusty never indulged Tommy on, so how much of the rest was stuff he needed to be manipulated into rather than merely wanting to do it himself?

Based on the Episode 5 flashback, I get the impression coasting on his family's coattails was not a new thing for Rusty. Likewise, the decision to create his own fraternity (with blackjack! And hookers!) seems to have been inspired more by Tybalt than Tommy. I'm sure the DIKs wound up with less blackjack and more hookers than they would have without Tommy, but that's the nature of being someone's friend: they take your advice to heart.
Rusty does certainly come across in that flashback as someone who feels very entitled because of his family name, but Tommy seems like he's able to manipulate Rusty a bit by pushing that entitlement button to get him to do things, like he's that little devil on Rusty's shoulder who gives him that extra nudge to do something that they're not entirely certainly about. Rusty got the idea to start the DIKs after his meeting with Tybalt, but you can see how Tommy is somewhat pushing him towards this idea as well when discussing how bad the other frats are and when he not so subtly suggests using Rusty's money for a frat of their own.

Rusty, to me, reminds me a bit of Richie Rich from the movie; he's someone from a privileged background but yearns to be just "one of the guys" and to have fun and party. Nothing wrong with that, but the first friendship he's formed is with someone who seems to just be friends with them because of their wealth. In a way, it's a bit like what Jill says about the guys she's known before the MC, that they only seem interested in her because her name and wealth, but she recognises that and it doesn't seem Rusty does.

:sneaky: New Dr.PinkCake full avatar on Discord!
View attachment 808824
Previously (Post-EP5)
It's impossible to deny just how hot this avatar is, but is it just me, or do her lips look smaller than normal? :unsure:

It's 100% impossible to keep track of updates from the developer with how much this thread is being spammed. Can someone fix this?

Or can we at least let N7 post the updates so we can actually find them?
N7 might not always be around to post the updates, but using the search function on the top right works just fine by searching for the term "status update". Then you just look for posts made on a Friday and you'll find it, like how I found the latest update by doing just that.
white-down-pointing-backhand-index_1f447.png

Last week I've mainly been writing/coding and posing some static renders.
These last few weeks I've been working on the checklist I made. It originally had roughly 160 bullet points and now it's down to 27, with several sub-tasks per task.
My strategy was to do every simple task at first to gain momentum, leaving the bigger tasks to the end and that's where I'm at right now.
To break it down for you, this is what remains in terms of development.
  • Writing: 6 scenes + 2 free roam events
  • Static renders: 18 scenes + 2 free roam events
  • Animations: 4 scenes (~20-50 animations, depending on the length of the animations)
Coding tasks:
  • Adding Bios
  • Some phone content
  • Making sure gallery scenes work
  • A tutorial for something new
  • Some code for something else that's new
  • Relationship reports
  • 1 minigame
  • Freeroam code
  • Adding music/sound to 10 scenes
  • Playtesting and polishing before beta testing and proofreading can begin.
The current render count is 2365 renders and 94 animations.
I have a queue with 49 static renders and 26 animations. Animations have been rendering rather slow lately, but you'll likely understand why when you see what's been cooking.
I estimate what's left in terms of art to be 20-50 animations and 500-1000 static renders. These are rough numbers.
The checklist is a bit more tangible now and it's nice to look at it without having to scroll to see the remaining tasks.
I want to finish writing the remaining scenes as soon as possible, so I can focus on the art afterward. That will be my main priority next week.
It's a story-heavy update and as you can see from the animation count, there will be lewd events to satisfy as well.
I passed episode 5 size in terms of writing sometime last week and there will be more things to do, unlock and discover in this update as well.
I've been working through a pesky cold this week, but nothing is going to stop me.
I hope you're as excited as I am because the mountain of work for episode 6 is almost down to pebble size.
Have a nice weekend
Dr PinkCake

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes