paulphoenix

Jun 2, 2018
hello friends, do you know to python variable name concerning RP points for "josy" and "maya ?

i would like to know how much i get for these two in console.

thanks a lot and have a nice evening.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
He stated WAY back that we were looking at 3 seasons +...
His first season was great, amazing, awesome even. Season 2 is starting well. What we do not want is for there to be a massive shift in tone from the excellent progression so far, to a dark conclusion. 3 seasons gives a lot of space to work towards that. But could also be filled with funny shit and saving Derek from his own penis a few times. That would be quality entertainment. Well, as long as I get a happily ever after with Bella that is!

Reactions: Faulen

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
I feel almost the opposite. To me, it feels like 4+ seasons will be extremely difficult to sustain. Either the characters would be stuck in a perpetual state of "will they/won't they" or the game would branch to such a degree that each update would take a year to write. If DPC is looking over his plot outline and feels it can be better served by keeping it short and sweet, I'm all for it.

I think we both agree that DPC should stick with the story he wants to tell, however long that winds up being.
And not only storywise, scenewise there are so many scenes you can do with each LI until it starts becoming repetitive.

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
This x 1 million. I don't wanna get Acting Lesson'd again, lol

I know he said he wanted the overall feel of BADIK a happy one, so let's hope he continues with that in mind. :)
Yep I've said before that if this game has another emotionally devastating ending, that will likely be the end for me with DPC games. :) Now I do expect some continued conflict and violence as, after all, we're dealing with drug dealers, a degree of prostitution and corruption at a college institution...I just don't want to see us have to make some life or death choices with major characters, etc. I like the tone of this game so far. It's fun with good character development, freedom, and mostly light-hearted - the worst thing we've had to deal with is some vandalism and fist fighting as well as obviously having to make some relationship impacting decisions.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Yep I've said before that if this game has another emotionally devastating ending, that will likely be the end for me with DPC games. :) Now I do expect some continued conflict and violence as, after all, we're dealing with drug dealers, a degree of prostitution and corruption at a college institution...I just don't want to see us have to make some life or death choices with major characters, etc. I like the tone of this game so far. It's fun with good character development, freedom, and mostly light-hearted - the worst thing we've had to deal with is some vandalism and fist fighting as well as obviously having to make some relationship impacting decisions.
As long as he keeps to the spirit of the genre he's based this game on, then there should be nothing like that. Yeah, there are some serious elements like the ones you listed that are probably more serious than what you'd find in your typical college-comedy movie, but things tend to work out well in the end for the characters of those films, at least for the main protagonists, so let's hope that's what will happen here.

And yes, Quinn is also included in that "nothing-too-extreme-will-happen-to-them" ending.

Felicityskye

Jan 8, 2018
This is what can kill the game for DPC. Does it become a popularity contest or did he have an original intention for each route. If it's a popularity contest, he can play the game out as long as he wishes. If he goes off his original idea for the game he may finally say "fuck it" and end the story AL style. Now were starting to see Sally and Envy playing a part in the next episode. How many more characters will be part of the story? In AL he kept it under control with minimal set of characters.
He didn't say "fuck it" and ended AL. Unless I'm mistaken and misremembered, he actually story boarded what he wanted to do. He didn't write a story as he goes like most devs are doing. He knew exactly what he wanted to tell. His execution for AL might have been a little rough, but he knew exactly the story he wanted to tell. I would assume he has done the same with BADIK.

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
As long as he keeps to the spirit of the genre he's based this game on, then there should be nothing like that. Yeah, there are some serious elements like the ones you listed that are probably more serious than what you'd find in your typical college-comedy movie, but things tend to work out well in the end for the characters of those films, at least for the main protagonists, so let's hope that's what will happen here.

And yes, Quinn is also included in that "nothing-too-extreme-will-happen-to-them" ending.
Quinn's fate and the severity of it with or without any sort of magical MC help is up to DPC and how dark he wants to make it. I say this because whatever happens with her will likely happen for everyone before anything good to starts happening.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Okay let's do some math!

This week DPC added 238 renders and 8 animations, significantly up from 144 renders and 5 animations last week (and 132 renders and 9 animations the week before). That gives us a September average of ~171 renders and 7.3 animations per week.

There are 275-425 static renders and 47-52 animations still to process. That translates to about 2-3 weeks to finish the static renders, but about 7 weeks to finish the animations. DPC has had a full animation queue for some time now, so I think the only way the animations take less time is if the remaining animations are disproportionately shorter than average. That is possible, but I suspect DPC sorts his posing by scene or by inspiration rather than length/complexity.

If we get slightly optimistic, I think we're looking at 6 weeks to finish the animations. That should leave plenty of time for DPC to finish the remaining renders and any other tasks (posing, writing, coding, etc). After that it's just down to testing and proofreading. Some of that might be done in parallel with the last few animations, but I doubt DPC would want less than a week to poke around with the final product.

So I'd say the earliest we're getting Episode 6 is November 13. That's neither auspicious nor soon, but it could be worse.

Looking at it this way, however, I have to admit I'm skeptical the animations are worth the time. I've rarely felt animations add much to adult novels compared to good static renders, and BaDIK's animations are no exception. DPC mentioned some new animation techniques so maybe Episode 6 will change that. But otherwise, I hope DPC will cut back on animations going forward rather than continue to escalate the numbers.
Since it looks like we still have a ways to go, I decided to bite the bullet and start a spreadsheet to track progress on Episode 6 properly.

I went back and added the animation/render counts from earlier weeks, as well as DPC's estimated totals (when available). I then spent a little while fiddling with the data to try to find a simple way to present it. Here's my best stab:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

From looking over the updates, it seems clear Episode 6 got noticeably bigger than DPC initially expected. Since he had the episode title over a month before he started trying to estimate his remaining render counts (7/17 vs 8/28), my guess is the basic plot was settled, but it wound up needing more renders than predicted.

Jun 12, 2020

Since it looks like we still have a ways to go, I decided to bite the bullet and start a spreadsheet to track progress on Episode 6 properly.

I went back and added the animation/render counts from earlier weeks, as well as DPC's estimated totals (when available). I then spent a little while fiddling with the data to try to find a simple way to present it. Here's my best stab:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

From looking over the updates, it seems clear Episode 6 got noticeably bigger than DPC initially expected. Since he had the episode title over a month before he started trying to estimate his remaining render counts (7/17 vs 8/28), my guess is the basic plot was settled, but it wound up needing more renders than predicted.
I see that your good in math. But yeah this estimations could be true.

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020

Yep that's what I'm hoping, we just maintain the current course and all is at least "mostly" well by the end. I remember seeing a mod on the Steam forums say something about Quinn that she's sort of an "in between" LI. I'm so curious to see what happens in Episode 6 with Quinn. I just hope it doesn't turn out that she's secretly a pretty good person and doing the prostitution and drug stuff for certain semi forced reasons and we decide we like her and then can't end up with her, lol.

Crystaldom

Feb 14, 2020
He didn't say "fuck it" and ended AL. Unless I'm mistaken and misremembered, he actually story boarded what he wanted to do. He didn't write a story as he goes like most devs are doing. He knew exactly what he wanted to tell. His execution for AL might have been a little rough, but he knew exactly the story he wanted to tell. I would assume he has done the same with BADIK.
I wan't saying he said that for AL. I'm saying he could say that after trying to please all his patrons and their different tastes. If that draws him away from what he envisioned for BAD, he may hang it up in frustration. If I'm not mistaken, he doesn't hang out here anymore because of the backlash for AL. Correct me if I'm wrong on that. But from what I can tell DPC seems like someone that isn't afraid to bite the hands that feed him. I hope he sticks with it to completion

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
I wan't saying he said that for AL. I'm saying he could say that after trying to please all his patrons and their different tastes. If that draws him away from what he envisioned for BAD, he may hang it up in frustration.
So wait, are you saying that, on the basis that DPC didn't say fuck it before, he may say fuck it now? I mean sure, that could happen but, when his prior behaviour suggests the opposite, why would you expect it to?

If I'm not mistaken, he doesn't hang out here anymore because of the backlash for AL. Correct me if I'm wrong on that. But from what I can tell DPC seems like someone that isn't afraid to bite the hands that feed him. I hope he sticks with it to completion
Now, it's true I've never interacted with DPC (I didn't play AL until after BaD chapter 2 by which point he was gone from here, barring a possible alt account) but I'd be willing to bet that his absence is as much due to the fact that with 8000+ patrons (and who knows how many non-paying players here) interacting with us would be a full time job in itself and he'd never get any work done on the game (not to mention the deleterious effect of so many people wanting to control the direction certain storylines take, just look at all the people who can't seem to accept Quinn isn't a main LI despite her never appearing in end of chapter summaries). You can call it biting the hand that feeds him but for me it's more like The Beatles not playing at the Cavern Club when they could sell out Shea Stadium.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Well, if you've been following DPC a while, you should be well aware that his releases are ALWAYS bigger than initially estimated.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
I wan't saying he said that for AL. I'm saying he could say that after trying to please all his patrons and their different tastes. If that draws him away from what he envisioned for BAD, he may hang it up in frustration. If I'm not mistaken, he doesn't hang out here anymore because of the backlash for AL. Correct me if I'm wrong on that. But from what I can tell DPC seems like someone that isn't afraid to bite the hands that feed him. I hope he sticks with it to completion
No, the AL backlash was a factor but definitely not the final straw that drove him away. The AL backlash started well before AL even ended, but DPC was around for BADIK v0.1 & v0.2.

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
So wait, are you saying that, on the basis that DPC didn't say fuck it before, he may say fuck it now? I mean sure, that could happen but, when his prior behaviour suggests the opposite, why would you expect it to?

Now, it's true I've never interacted with DPC (I didn't play AL until after BaD chapter 2 by which point he was gone from here, barring a possible alt account) but I'd be willing to bet that his absence is as much due to the fact that with 8000+ patrons (and who knows how many non-paying players here) interacting with us would be a full time job in itself and he'd never get any work done on the game (not to mention the deleterious effect of so many people wanting to control the direction certain storylines take, just look at all the people who can't seem to accept Quinn isn't a main LI despite her never appearing in end of chapter summaries). You can call it biting the hand that feeds him but for me it's more like The Beatles not playing at the Cavern Club when they could sell out Shea Stadium.
DPC still interacts with people on Patreon, Discord and Steam (occasionally). He left this site for a few reasons and has come to despise this site so far as to not liking people even mentioning this site to him - check the hidden replies of for proof. He used to be active here but has gotten a lot more strict and professional as he's gotten more patrons.

Reactions: Jill Royce Lover
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes