lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
DPC still interacts with people on Patreon, Discord and Steam (occasionally). He left this site for a few reasons and has come to despise this site so far as to not liking people even mentioning this site to him - check the hidden replies of for proof. He used to be active here but has gotten a lot more strict and professional as he's gotten more patrons.
Right, where the people who give him money are which is manageable. As for despising thisplace, maybe he does, maybe he doesn't, as I said, I've never interacted with him directly so can only go off the second hand information of other people (many of whom come across as butthurt).

What I can tell you is that if I had a project with the level of support he has, I wouldn't want people bringing up a pirate site on my paid channels (I refer to this situation specifically) and would definitely stamp down on mentions in those areas. I would also take the calculated risk that banning one person (again, referring to the situation linked previously) would have a better word of mouth effect than individually issuing warnings every time. Not an approach I would take with 8, 80 or even 800 patrons but 8000? Yes.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
I was banned on his steam board for pretty much saying that if he goes the AL route for BADAIK he would lose fans, money, and a future in this career. He got... "Sensitive". I am not trolling. I am stating a fact: If he takes Bella down the psycho path of Leah, and gives us a stupid no win choice for Maya and Josy, he will definitely lose out in the long and short run. AND if he gets "Butthurt" by hearing opinions of people, then that is his issue. Oh and I have paid for the game..

If on the other hand he sticks to the GENRE he advertised before making the game in his announcements, it will be golden. HE definitely has humor and an eye for the renders. He has talent. I hope he doesn't squander his 15 minutes of fame in some kind of psychological melodramatic screw the pooch moment for this great game. I played AL 2 x... I will not play it again. Doesn't suit me to suffer in gaming. Real life has enough of that. Let's hope he knows that as well.

Crystaldom

Feb 14, 2020
No, the AL backlash was a factor but definitely not the final straw that drove him away. The AL backlash started well before AL even ended, but DPC was around for BADIK v0.1 & v0.2.
I know he was around early on in this thread but I recall the AL backlash carried over to this thread.

bjmoko

May 7, 2019
uh oh wth 10.4gb size!? i hope we can download the update only files.. but still, its a quality VN and im excited! From the previews, so were dating envy now? hmmm... Daddy's home......

• Haha
Reactions: Jill Royce Lover

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
Those really afraid of a possible change of tone might be better off waiting for completed games instead of playing and paying for games in progress. Of course you can express your wishes but when you support a project like this you should know and accept that the dev may have his plot already planned and you have absolutely no right to complain about him sticking to it no matter what.

Jun 12, 2020
Those really afraid of a possible change of tone might be better off waiting for completed games instead of playing and paying for games in progress. Of course you can express your wishes but when you support a project like this you should know and accept that the dev may have his plot already planned and you have absolutely no right to complain about him sticking to it no matter what.
But this game is worth waiting. There is always a thrill waiting for new update of our favorite game.;);)

Reactions: Roelandt

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Nonsense. Paying customers have every right to complain if they don't like a product they received. I agree that anyone who funds a work-in-progress will always run the risk of getting a product that isn't what they expected, but they are free to voice their disappointment with the product they got. That doesn't mean DPC has to provide a platform for their complaints or that anyone else has to agree with them, but they can certainly complain.

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
Nonsense. Paying customers have every right to complain if they don't like a product they received. I agree that anyone who funds a work-in-progress will always run the risk of getting a product that isn't what they expected, but they are free to voice their disappointment with the product they got. That doesn't mean DPC has to provide a platform for their complaints or that anyone else has to agree with them, but they can certainly complain.
That's exactly what I said. Please read my post again before calling it "nonsense".

If you don't want to feel dejected by an "unexpected" turn in a work in progress you should stay away of it. Obviously you can always say what you think about it (and you are free to even stop supporting that project) but having in mind that your opinion won't (or shouldn't) change what the dev has envisioned.

If the dev blatantly lies about his plans, it's a fraud to his supporters and complains are in order. If he doesn't want to announce what his plans are, though, then his supporters should know they could get something different from what they are expecting. So it's up to them to decide if they want to support this dev. But if they do, they should accept that risk. Saying "oh my, I'd be so angry and dissapointed if this happens" and actually meaning it... well, of course they can, but it's childlish. That's the kind of complains I was talking about.

Last edited:

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Yep that's what I'm hoping, we just maintain the current course and all is at least "mostly" well by the end. I remember seeing a mod on the Steam forums say something about Quinn that she's sort of an "in between" LI. I'm so curious to see what happens in Episode 6 with Quinn. I just hope it doesn't turn out that she's secretly a pretty good person and doing the prostitution and drug stuff for certain semi forced reasons and we decide we like her and then can't end up with her, lol.
I personally do hope that it turns out she's secretly a good person because people who sell drugs and are involved in prostitution aren't always bad people, even if what they're involved with can cause harm to others. The vast majority are victims of circumstance who resort to such things due to extenuating circumstances, who feel like this sort of thing is their only option to get out of or deal with a certain situation. As I've mentioned before, I've dealt with people like that in the past and many of the ones I met were some of the nicest, friendliest, and most down-to-Earth people once you get to know them outside of and away from that life.

So that's why I hope that Quinn isn't a bad person because, based on my own experience, not everybody who does those things is bad and I feel like Quinn is one of those victims of circumstance.

Now, it's true I've never interacted with DPC (I didn't play AL until after BaD chapter 2 by which point he was gone from here, barring a possible alt account) but I'd be willing to bet that his absence is as much due to the fact that with 8000+ patrons (and who knows how many non-paying players here) interacting with us would be a full time job in itself and he'd never get any work done on the game (not to mention the deleterious effect of so many people wanting to control the direction certain storylines take, just look at all the people who can't seem to accept Quinn isn't a main LI despite her never appearing in end of chapter summaries). You can call it biting the hand that feeds him but for me it's more like The Beatles not playing at the Cavern Club when they could sell out Shea Stadium.
Well, somebody does check in on this thread from time to time, whether that's DPC or one his Discord mods, that much I do know, but aside from the AL drama, I can see that coming in here every day to read the new comments isn't exactly the best use of his time.

I come in here every day, as I'm doing now, and check what's happened when I've been asleep and sometimes the thread has moved on 4 or 5 pages which can be a lot to read as can responding to certain comments. If DPC did that every day, it would take time away from development so I can see why they wouldn't do that even if they wanted to.

DPC still interacts with people on Patreon, Discord and Steam (occasionally). He left this site for a few reasons and has come to despise this site so far as to not liking people even mentioning this site to him - check the hidden replies of for proof. He used to be active here but has gotten a lot more strict and professional as he's gotten more patrons.
He's disabled comments on his Tweets now, or at least the ones he's posted for ep 6, so that's another avenue for free-players to interact with him that's been cut off. You can technically discuss the game on Steam without having bought it, just don't voice any kind of criticism otherwise he'll find out you haven't purchased it and ban you from the forums.

AL was not a good story. It started good. He resorted to a nonsensical stupid ending for some psychological reasoning. He wanted to force folks to make that choice. Maybe exercising his own demons... even still was stupid from a marketing position. Let's hope he learned.
AL was a good story in some respects, but it did shift through the gears rather quickly, although a lot of good VNs do that too because they can't really spend 10 episodes exploring several months of the character's lives to show a proper build up of their relationship. They have to get the sex as soon as possible and build relationships in a matter of days and weeks rather than months.

Even the ending, whilst tragic and shocking, wasn't entirely nonsensical because what it did was get DPC noticed in a big way among the adult visual novel community and increased his profile in a way that probably wouldn't have happened had his first game been a run-of-the-mill, happy-go-lucky harem game like many others are. It was honestly a bold and shrewd decision from a marketing perspective and really helped him to sell BaDIK because people remembered his name even if they were (and still are) wary of how this one will end.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if DPC sees the comments from people thinking this will go the same way as AL and has a little chuckle to themselves because they've got people so on edge and expecting something dark and tragic, but they know that there won't be.

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Patreon does reward slow progression, but a good reputation earns more subscribers. I would suspect DPC wants to end the game strong without burning out and is just looking at keeping the subscribers happy while not growing to hate the work. If he ends this game strong most of his supporters will sign on to support his next project. We'd all like to see more of our favorite characters, but if he gives us a good solid ending it makes the game better. Three seasons may be less than the four suspected before, but if he's doing larger releases more material may get covered in each episode.
I didn't say it's patreon's own fault.
but the "patron" mechanism means that an extra month of completing a game is more money for the developer and not less.

there are semi-abandoned games that still continue to have their subscribers.
while a developer who shortens the time does not gain anything (excluding serious talk etc, but those are valid for the future)

Reactions: Conklingc
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes