VN - Ren'Py - Being a DIK [v0.10.1] [DrPinkCake]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Warscared

came for the girls!
    seriously for this kind of games its amazing what´s been done
    stayed for the story!
    so far 6.1 there´s plenty of twists going around that may make you or break you! i mean you don´t understand how immersed in the story you get until something happens that brings tears or shock or make you jump of joy when it happens

dreading what may come!
    considering the authors other work and initial disclaimer and how some things seem to be foreshadow that´s a legit fear! ofc it all comes down to your playing style on how hard it might hit you!
  2. 5.00 star(s)

5gzucus

I have been playing to this for soo long...listen eveyone who's reading this: This is a pure diamond. There is nothing else to add. Everything is perfect on every aspect. Onestly I thought I had already reviewed this, apparently I was wrong. Just do yourself a favor and play this game.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Zal

One of the best games so far!!!!all is excellent!the story, the renders,everything!!!!awesome game!!!The way that the story goes, the multiple options, simply clever and captivating .I even don´t mind with the minigames, even if some of them are a bit dificult.
    congratulations to you Dr. PinkCake!!thank you ;)
  4. 5.00 star(s)

JudasKiss

I really enjoyed playing this game, it has a lot of excellent sex scenes and also a very good story that makes you emerge into it. I really enjoy DrPinkCake's work, he's a very good writer and makes his games more than just sex (but also very much of that hahaha).
    Being a DIK is definitely a game that you have to play.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

cook182

perfect
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Malbolzcha

there are some good ren'py games on here but this is the best ive played by far. the story is great, engaging, and very well written- the humor nearly made me piss myself laughing more than once and the animations are fantastic
  7. 5.00 star(s)

illusive87

Dr PinkCake does not dissappoint! Just like his previous game I played, Acting Lessons, this game is filled with well thought out characters, fun activities, great renders and models. The story is more than a device to get you from lewd scene to scene. Highly recommended!
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Azkar9

One of my favorite games for sure ! Nice touch with Jill during the intro. It has great renders and the music is awesome. A great amount of work was done for this game and it shows. Loved it. A big THANK YOU to Dr PinkCake !!!
  9. 5.00 star(s)

TheLM2312

Wonderful game. Very nice storyline and awesome renders... Expect the next update be greater than the last one. But I really wanted that some of the girls in game could be options of Love Interest as well. Apart from that, the game is one of the best in the genre.
  10. 1.00 star(s)

Malkovichi

A lot of work is done, the scenes are very detailed. Lot of content. Why only 1 star?
    Pictures/scenes 4/5. Music 3/5 (the music is annoying at times) Characters? Plot? That's the problem. The characters are dummy and empty inside. More like characters statísts, background, decorations
    The jokes are very silly (even by the standards of American comedies)
    The plot is as predictable as a bus ride. I have no desire to play to see what happens next.
    If you only want to fap, this game is perfect for you.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

3VOL

(MINOR SPOILERS PRESENT)
    During the pandemic I got acquainted with the VN world and played almost everything in 2-10GB range on f95, but this one is special. Maybe because it's my first AAA vn and all i tried before was generic shit such as <deleted> and <deleted>(read the rules lmao)? Dunno. But even after I completed dozens of different titles I, BaDIK is still #1 in my heart. Reasons are simple.

- Render quality and Story. Basic aspects of any good game, not just a VN. College setting + bat shit crazy dude as best friend + the fraternity thing + relationship optionality (=replayability) surely benefit the pace of the game and the amount of content.
    When I see another splendid novel that has some stunning pics or good story I have this habit of thinking "Man, that's D-I-K quality right here".

- MUSIC. The dev nailed it here. Aside from the same situational tunes as in dozens of other games, some cheerful and lively pop-punk songs are present, they really add up to the setting and work wonders on the mood.

- Realism. Although most characters aren't striking in terms of personality, they sure are well-balanced and fit perfectly in the setting, and that's not easy to provide for sure, a lot of "real life sim" games are flawed in that way. Light-headed and horny freshman year girls, hot teachers, dumb jocks vs cool guys vs rich kids; wild parties and fistfights - the game just has "COLLEGE" written all over it.
    - SAGE:love: A hot, funny, smart and easy-going redhead senior that can't get over her douche jock bf? Bravo, Maestro!
  12. 5.00 star(s)

shinkei

This game is excellent.

While, like with anything, there are flaws and and things that could be improved, compared to the competition this game is in many ways next level. I think at the very least it is a must try, and there is a good chance you will end up enjoying it.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

tmxxm

My favourite game on this site. There are many positives and no negatives so far in my opinion.

The game is written well. The dialogue is humorous and funny and all the characters have a distinct personality My personal favourites are Jill and Lily but the rest of the cast are great too. The renders and animations look amazing. I love the minigame aspects and the option to disable them. The soundtrack is pretty good also, I mostly play games with BGM off but sometimes I keep it on here. You can really immerse yourself with the MC by choosing his alignment and route. The phone system is implemented really well and how everything runs seamlessly into each other.

Overall a super enjoyable experience, not just for a fap but for a story and a laugh aswell.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

holden12

One of the best, if not the best. Can't wait until more chapters come out. It has it at without be overly grindy and has enough for replayability. Still have a ton of scenes to unlock. Seriously, top of my list because though other games have decent harem, story elements, and hotness this game has awesome animations (prob some of the best 3d stuff I have seen).
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Laca119

Thank you. 1st time I will download this type of game. :)
    I seen a lot of ositive comment and videos on youtube.
    I really looking forward to start play with the game. :)

Keep up with the good job.

THANK YOU SO MUCH
  16. 5.00 star(s)

aexiel

I have to applaud you DrPinkCake. Once again, you have managed to weave an interesting story. I had always been a fan but man have you improved!

Let's start with the story. So far, you have again pulled at my heartsrings and reminded me I am still human. There is enough emotion here to keep you rooted in the story, reminding the player that "THIS is not just another fap-material" while still giving the player enough access to lewd content (should they want to). The satirical aspect of the "best friend" Derek allows for a fair bit of light-hearted comedic banter without it being annoying or cringey (at least for me anyway). The set up for the story allows the player to be a blank slate as a college freshman which (although been used quite a lot) has been done effectively by establishing affinity (DIK neutral and CHIK). I first did a blind playthrough (recommended) and it allowed me to immerse myself into the character, making choices I would make myself and not choices that would clearly lead to lewd content. Here, you can also get attached to certain characters, be it due to their looks, personality, or background. Personally I pick Jill>Maya>Isabella. There is also enough in-between content (like D&D with the nerds) that I find quite enjoyable that keeps the story moving without being too heavy.

Next comes the gameplay. So, we are pretty much used to seeing these kinds of games being a simple pick a path style, and the most gameplay you get is a point-and-click free roam. But it is good to see that developers are now expanding the gameplay aspect a bit and this game really improves a lot on it. It's not the best gameplay but I'll take it. For what it's worth, I've played this 3x over and never turned off the mini-games. Sure the pointer maze is a pain in the ass (with its invisible timer), sure the 3x3 image puzzler can be a bit annoying (for some reason, I can NEVER finish the one with Cathy and Jade, I know they not that much different but that's the only one I can't seem to finish). Oh and I really like the fighting mini-game. Which, unfortunately leads me to one of my gripes with this game. Winning the story fights does not seem to affect the story much aside from brief quips or asides from other character. Winning them doesn't impact the story and only gets you renders. I'd wish there was an impact though as it seems entirely pointless to have to do the mini-game only to lose story-wise anyway. This is also the case with the tennis mini-game. Jill wins the 2nd set no matter what you do and it doesn't seem to make much difference whether you win or lose. The affinity system tends to be muddled near the middle of 0.6 too where the game checks for your affinity bar balance (which bar you have more on) instead of the affinity you gained by your other choices (the arrow beneath the bar). I have tried multiple playthroughs (tried neutral, DIK and CHIK) and end up neutral by the end because of 1 or 2 major choices. It wasn't really clear which was being measured and all I thought was these are maximums to keep you within DIK or CHIK areas.

Then we have the music/audio. I really like most of the choices in the music selection, although there are a few tracks that has this creepy monologue at the start that sometimes takes me out of the game specially when it plays during party scenes, I mean I get it, the rest of that track actually has good beats but I still don't get the artistic choice why they had to add that monologue. Anyway, rant aside, many of the tracks fit the scenes but there are some scenes where the BGM just cuts silent. This makes the scene a bit awkward and would benefit from a good instrumental one. I have also notices that the music is more on a track list rather than a set loop. Now I get the idea, but I would suggest to sticking with loops for specific scenes to keep the intended emotion for them. The free roam music should be kept as is.

I was surprised the intro had a voice for Jill so I was half expecting that there would be some voice acting for some of the scenes, but I guess it was just a tease. Haha. But if voice acting for this game is one of the Patreon goals, I'm all for it.

I put off playing this game for some time after what happened with the last game (caused by personal attachment to the characters in the game) but now that I have played this, I must say, I am hooked and can't wait for the next installment.

Overall I would have given a 4.8 but rounded it up since my complaints are minor and the game is not yet on full release.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

nowshewant

One of the best games on this site, the writing and depth given to the characters stands out exceptionally. The blend of "free roam" and linear story elements is unorthodox but very well executed. Overall, DIK stands leagues above its closest competitors. Great work!
  18. 4.00 star(s)

Shyguy1369

Was recommended this game recently. Played all of Episode 1, and not sure how far into Episode 2... sadly this game isn't for me. I think the renders are fantastic, the story so far is written for a certain audience though and that audience I don't think is me. I wish DPC all the best with this, obviously this a very popular game with many fans, but not exactly what I am looking for personally. So I hope everyone continues to enjoy.
    I still rated it Good (4 Stars) because I can see the work that's gone into it and know other people will enjoy it.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

OathkeeperGG

TL;DR: In my opinion the best game on this site and I cannot recommend it enough

Hands down the best game on this site. From dialogue to story to gameplay, every part of this game is top notch.

The story - One of the best if not the best I've ever played. Dr PinkCake proved that he is a master at story telling on his previous game Acting Lessons and he kept that same level of story telling in this game too. With elements of drama, suspense, comedy and of course romance, it's truly one of the most complete in any game.

Gameplay - Not your standard linear visual novel. It diversifies using the affinity system, giving it huge replayability. Free roam events give the player freedom to explore and talk to people at his own pace and the latest addition in episode 6, the frat house renovation, gives it another layer of decision making and "resource management", something that most games don't have.

Characters - Very likeable and believable characters, with girls with qualities that fulfill every guys' preferences, with unique backgrounds and great diversity.

Sex - The most important part of every game here and Being A DIK absolutely nails it. It has some of the best, if not the best, animations and renders I've ever seen. With many different girls and many different scenes, there is a little bit of every (legal) fetish you can think of.

Overall there is something for everyone here, it does everything at the top level and I can't wait to see where it goes from here.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

LeBigBadWolfie

I'm not a big talker so I'll keep my review short and direct.

The game goes beyond expectations. Compared to the variety of games I've played, the quality of the animation is unparalleled to most and the story is genuinely intriguing - enough to make me look forward in excitement while I wait in-between the consistent updates that are released by the developer. Its qualities paired with an awesome dev makes it a must-play and something I'm willing to support.

Excellent game, would recommend!