VN - Ren'Py - Being a DIK [v0.10.1] [DrPinkCake]

1. 5.00 star(s)

steelsailor1980

By far the best game of this type that is out there!! It has a great mix of character personalities, whch really expands the storyline and allows for deviation in many directions. You'll come to play this game for the lewd nude scenes and loads of gratuitous sex, but the story will captivate and surprise you. Excellent job!
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Ezra125

The story has me really captivated as it really seems well thought out. The graphics are top notch. And each character has a very defined personality. I will definetly play this game all the way through at least twice.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

ESM13

This game is so good I feel like the whole collage experience
    I really really didn't want to play this game after I played Your first game " Acting lesson " and I had to choose one girl to die , this told me something about you that you like to have your drama even in a freaking game it made me sad and as you can see I couldn't resist for long and I played this awesome game too , I am just crossing my finger so you don't leave another game with a tragedy
  4. 5.00 star(s)

returnNull

One of the very best games out there and my second favorite. The animation quality is incredible, very entertaining story, and gorgeous girls, real decision system that changes the outcome. Thank you MrPinkCake for this masterpiece. 10/10
  5. 5.00 star(s)

qqaeja

First time reviewing anything ever, and it HAD to be for this one.
    Amazing gameplay, story, animations, music, sound, I could go on...

If you haven't tried this game yet, definitely give it a go, you won't regret it.
    Also planning to donate to Dr PinkCake's Patreon! Thanks for the awesome games you keep putting out.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

henrikad

Alright, i have played a lot of games from this website, and without any doubt, this is THE BEST one out there.

The animations, graphics, the story, the music, choices actually having effect on game, everything about this is perfect, its so good that after playing this i can barely enjoy other games anymore because they cant even compete with this one.

this game should be used as an example for future games, on HOW TO make a proper adult video game, damn.

bravo to the game developers for taking adult video games to the next level.

10/10
  7. 5.00 star(s)

ZePelantra

It's my favorite game of the genre, honestly it's a must play. Couldn't it be less than 5 star, I'm looking forward to the next updates. Knowing about the previous work of the developer you must know that something trick may appear in the near future, so be aware. One of the tops of the site and a really entertaining play.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Cpt_Crunch

Review for the version : v0.6.1 (w/ Episode 6)

Full disclaimer : I usually stick to games with a few specific tags / fetishes, and this game didn't have any of those. I tried it simply because I kept seeing good comments about it all over the forum, and I couldn't be happier that I did.

This game lures you in with great renders of multiple girls, and you end up falling in love with the story.

Graphics : 9/10
    Almost all the girls are very well designed & the textures are pretty good as well. Animations are very well made for the most part. A few rooms could use a bit more decoration or could be a bit messier to feel more « alive » but it's not a big deal in any way, I'm just pointing out room for improvement. Overall the graphical aspect of the game isn't THE best I've seen, but it's easily on my top 5, and games that have even better graphics tend to have much much smaller updates, so I'd rather stick with « not entirely perfect graphics » but keep the huge updates if there was ever a choice to be made.

Sound & Music : 10/10
    The soundtrack of this game alone would make it stand out from the lot. Being A Dik has, BY FAR, the best musics I've ever seen in a VN game, and it's in the top 5 of all games I've ever played, excluding titles such as Guitar Hero & Rock Band. I've added many titles included in the game in my own favorite playlist, something that never happens with a XXX game. As for the sounds, there aren't that many, even if there is some, but it's pretty much better that way. Any more sounds would probably just ruin the mood set by the music, and since the music is so great, it works perfectly.

Story : 10/10
    To maintain a certain level of legitimacy to my reviews, I don't do « 11/10 » scores, but if I did, it would be right here. The story of Being A Dik is it's best, and most surprising, feature. In a game where characters are, at first glance, pretty stereotypical, the longer you play the game, the more you discover how, in fact, every character is extremely complex; how characters that seemed perfect are flawed, how characters that seemed bad to the bone are in fact trying their very best, how characters that seemed pretty mean aren't really, when you give them time to open up. All of this would make for a great game, but on top of that, the narration, and how the story unfolds itself, is pretty much flawless. You end up being surprised & shocked as your own judgement of these characters shift throughout the game, and how many of them are linked in ways you wouldn't have imagined. If it wasn't enough already, the story will make you feel a range of emotions you rarely see in a XXX game. Epic Humor, Crushing decisions, Neverending Dramas, Hatred, Sadness, Surprise, Joy, this game has it all.

Gameplay : 9/10
    For a VN, Being A Dik offers a lot of interraction to the player. There are many mini games to be played, most of them being originals and extremely well put together. Your character has many stats either related to the mini games or to the story. All your decisions impact how nice or bold your character is, which is translated on a very comprehensible scale. Some major decisions will even permanently affect that scale, making you think twice about your choices. Choices that are rarely without consequences. The sole complaint I would have regarding the gameplay is how sometimes the places are hard to navigate, and how you might end up going in the same rooms multiple times looking for a particular character. In the latest Episode, DrPinkCake tried some type of « room fast travel » that help naviguate the main building of the game, but there is still ground for improvement on that front. Other than that, I think it's probably the VN with the most interractions from the player that I've ever played, and there is not even any grindy feel to it all.

So, to conclude, there is a reason this game is at the very top when you browse by « Weighted rating » of all the games on this forum. Go look it up on steam if you want, it's got overwhelmingly positive review all around. This game is the best XXX VN you'll probably encounter for a very long time. It has many hours worth of pure awesome playtime. Play it, you wont regret it, and once you end up falling in love with it, support DrPinkCake on his patreon, the guy REALLY deserves it.

Cheers, Maggots !
  9. 5.00 star(s)

glandalf

I have been absolutely glued to this game since starting it up yesterday. It is incredibly well made, brilliant renders, a great story, and a crazy amount of option.

I was hesitant at first as I thought this game would force you down the path of being a sterotypical frat boy. The game is balanced well and I have enjoyed every moment of the first play through so far.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

D0n J0n

One of the top VNs
    The CHICK and DIK System in this game is amazing.
    Renders : 10/10
    Animations : 10/10
    Story and Writing : 10/10
    Sounds and Soundtracks : 10/10
    Characters : 10/10
    Lewd scenes : 10/10

Solid 5 star
  11. 5.00 star(s)

AkaSharkie

been playing few Ren'Py games and just only stumble this gem few days ago and i absolute loving it. Interesting stories and wonderful unique characters. Cant wait for the next update, Go Delta Iota Kappa !
  12. 5.00 star(s)

joker682

Best game in here no doubt the story,characters,environment,graphics there is not a one bad thing about this game. I played multiple times and everytime I played I enjoyed very much The story sucks you in and you feel like you are living in college life again. I hope this game continue long time. By the way I hope other developers see my rewiew if you see this please make a game like this so many developers in here always make incest games and same shitty story you go to bathroom and masturbate your mother or sister comes in see your dick and get horny fuck this bullshit stories man make a good story like this
  13. 5.00 star(s)

sabynel

At first I hesitated to play this. I tought it was somethig else but I still downloaded it and Dammit I love it.
    Great animations, great characters, wonderful and twisted story. I love it.
    Keep up the good work ! Can't wait for more funny and twisted situations.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

FAP_CRITIC

FAPPABLE, (CRYABLE SOON)
    As an adult game enthusiast, I'm a big fan of Acting Lessons not only for the renders but also for the story. When I learned that this game was created by the content god, Dr. Pinkcake. I expected that this game would be on par with AL. But, this game exceeded my expectation. For a game that is only at the 6th chapter with this much content. What more can I expect for the chapters that will come.
    5 DIKS OUT OF 5
  15. 5.00 star(s)

jimtomson

I am seriously amazed just how much polish this game has. Not only is this game beautiful visually, but the writing is also on point. The characters actually have character. The MC actually feels like they're a part of a living breathing world rather than just a guy stuck in a house surrounded by women. My only problem with a game of this caliber is it kind of makes it hard to go back to the other ones.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Ash1979

Seriously good game.
    Excellent story line, hot characters and animation, sexy scenes and even good music which is a first.
    One of the most complete and engaging games I've played on here ..... and I've played a lot of games!
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Tillmon

Best game on here. By far! The setting, the humor, the writing and of course the renders aswell. All of it is perfect. Acting Lessons was already fantastic but this game tops it. The characters are all very unique and the story progresses neither too slow or too fast.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

dolbie158

I play a lot of games and this is hands down my absolute favorite, the wait can be excruciating but totally worth it, every update has way more content than most other games updates, even ones that update several times between this games update, high quality all the way. My only complaint, is that there is just the 5 main girls, when there should be 6, QUINN deserves to be in the list with Josy, Maya, Bella, Jill and Sage, or maybe just have one, QUINN. Thank for this game.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

abdelrahman007

A young man from a low-income family moves away from his widowed father and his summer love to attend college at Burgmeister & Royce. As he is cast into freshman life and persuaded to join the up-and-coming fraternity Delta Iota Kappa, he'll be exposed to a new world filled with conflicts, alcohol, drugs and sex.
    The Best Game I ever played
  20. 5.00 star(s)

hanzofactory

Honestly one of the best visual novels (adult and non adult) I have ever played. Tons of fun to play and discuss, with a lot of meaningful content as well.

Story and characters are amazingly written, and gameplay is surprisingly really fun.