VN - Ren'Py - Being a DIK [v0.10.1] [DrPinkCake]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Leonwolf

This is probably the best VN i have ever played. He improved the work at Acting lessons and made the a masterpiece, definetly, the best so far. I can't wait the next chapter, and will be always wanting more.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

m00nsh1ne

This game is simply a masterpiece. Will go down as one of the greatest of it's genre. Just the shear number of animations, scenes, and options are amazing. You have to play the game multiple times to see everything and the game changes quite a bit depending on the choices you make. Whether you're a DiK or a Chick greatly determines which girls like you and which scenarios you find yourself in. DrPinkCake is one of the best creators for a reason. This is a must play. The only potential downside of the game are the free roam sections. They can really slow down the pace of the game espescially on your first playthrough trying to locate and unlock all the hidden renders. I personally don't mind those sections, but others are not a fan.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Uvered

This is about as good as it gets. Superb game, beautiful girls, good animations and a very good storyline. Not to forget the music. Some of it is downright stellar. Support this developer if you are able. This kind of talent is rare my friends.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Gladheim

Well what to say about this VN, I would like to start by saying that almost everything that is said is true, it is a magnificent novel in which if you take away the sexual part, you have a game that you want to play. The renders are TOP, the characters have charisma and personality, you empathize with them quickly and that is a great plus. The music is another plus point, the songs are perfect for each moment and it is especially good. Decisions count and you have a lot of minigames so it's not just reading.
    Definitely this is for me the best visual novel for adults, it has made me feel things for the characters that I thought you could only feel for real people, I have laughed, I have loved and I have cried with this game and finally I came here for the faps and I stayed for the story. Good job Dr. Pink, I just hope you don't kill anyone xD
  5. 5.00 star(s)

JustaPlay

Amazing story, the animations are smooth play this like right now. I swear you will not regret it. Sage is the best storyline in my opinion but you have to play the game multiple times to unlock everything.
  6. H
    5.00 star(s)

HirokoSake42069

Although the story isn't finished yet this is one of the more complete games I've come across. Renders are amazing, characters are well developed so you actually care about them. If someone is looking for something that's literally all sex scenes this might not be up there alley but there is plenty of that in here that most people will enjoy this alot. Some of the minigames and the writing is actually really fun as well. Overall I love it and I'm interested to see how it ends up. Regardless the dev is making good use of my monthly contributions.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

AmadorQ

Truly a 10/10!
    Of all the visual novels I've tried, none have captured my attention and dedication like this one has. Excellent utilization of storytelling, characters, visuals, gameplay, and best of all yet completely unexpected music. The soundtrack just fits so well with the narrative and nature of everything that's going on, a marvelous addition.
    The interactions between each character feel authentic and believable as well, and depending on the playstyle shape up how you end up engaging with them.
    You can tell a lot of charm and care is put into this piece of work, would absolutely recommend it to anyone looking for a real breath taker.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

iamnotaspy

I played this back when it was only 2 or 3 episodes and decided to wait a bit. Just re-played and went through all 6 episodes. I'm blown away. Beautiful, well written, interesting side-stories, getting hit in the feels with decisions. Just really well done.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

x6XDanteX9x

The best game here by far. Writing is good and fun, girls are freaking boner inducing, music is great and animations are fantastic.

I can't praise this game enough, it being on STEAM is testament to its quality.

Freaking awesome job my friend, keep it up.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

LaFeddy

So this is my first ever review but how can you call it "review" when you met perfection? I got an eye on this game ever since its version 0.1 because i played the devs previous work acting lessons, but ive never played it until now because i was sure im gonna like it a lot and i dont want to just play for half an hour just to wait a few months. Though now when i saw ep 6 came out the curiousity got the best of me and i played it.

This game awakened a hunger for more of this kind. It's a masterpiece. I've always been in love with this frats and sorority genre ever since american pie and this game hits the same spot as those old movies did. The dev managed to create ridiculously funny scenes under absurd circumstances but he wraps them in layers of story telling that its not getting unbelievable. The characters itself are just fantasticly written, with everyone being different to one another. Every single character has this inner world within themselves with their own passions, interests, motivations and relationships. And boy, so many great relationships in this game and im not talking about love interests or sexy relationships, hell im not even talking about the MC relationship to others im talking about the relationships the characters share with eachother, which creates a unique, interesting and funny dynamic even when the mc is only barely involved. The dev really puts a lot of effort into the immersion making references to previous conversations which makes the flow of any dialogue really smooth and narutal. And so unbelievably funny i cannot count the times i actually laughed out loud or chuckled or had a grin or even some watery eyes because the scenes that are supposed to invoke an emotion are doing exactly that. From wholesome, to happy, to sad, to sexy, to hot, and to naughty. And boy the sexy scenes are indeed really sexy. Thats not because the renders are made with such a great quality or because the animations are on a whole other level compared to others, but its because of the arrangement and the tension and the dynamic with every character.
    And my final point is for best boy Derek. I mean brings so much to this game and hes not a love interest, hes not a relative by blood, but he is our fucking maggot brother, this character has so many layers and the dev really made me care for him and he makes every scene hes in just better because he is in it.

so the tl;dr:
    This is a must play for everyone because of the great characters, their relationships between eachother. This game is hilariously funny at times, smart storytelling, super interesting plot and super sexy scenes with amazing animations.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 626947

So where to start, first thing and the most important if you ask me, is that this game has best replayability value of all the similar games. Renders are top notch and amount of animations is staggering. I just finished the game like 5 minutes ago and had to write something here even tho I'm bad at it. Story is great and is the reason why i think you can play it 2-3 time without being bored.(I'm starting again right now)Kudos to the creator im definitely getting a patreon membership! Would definitely recommend this game to every person here on F95!
  12. 5.00 star(s)

iamagoa

Definitely one of the best games out there. The production value is amazing. Good strong story line with amazing quality renders and lots of characters to interact with. A nice range of lead characters targeted across a spectrum of desires (romance, fuck buddies, milf, ...). Definitely recommend
  13. 5.00 star(s)

PatrickDragneel

my favorite game of the genre, I never felt so immersed and interested in the characters, as in this game. Each character has a route that really makes you want to stay with her, and to follow her route, it is even cruel to have to choose between one of the 5 main girls, in addition to having excellent scenes and secondary girls that give 10 to 0 in characters of others games
  14. 5.00 star(s)

gekin

This is bar none the best game here. Intriguing story, so many characters you want to be with, which just means you need to replay to find every pathway up to its current episode. The added choice of good /bad points really forces two main gameplays, but both pathways are incredibly satisfying.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Syr96

I won't comment on the quality of the render, music, etc. That has been done enough. However, I would like to describe what makes this game so awesome for me and what sets it apart from everyone else. There will be no content-related spoilers, rather I concentrate on the feelings that the game triggers in me.

This game takes us on a journey whose destination we don't yet know.
    Like most of the games on this site, it doesn't start out seriously and the decisions you have to make don't seem important. But since episode 6 at the latest, it should be clear to everyone that Being a Dik is taking a different path. Those who follow the unrealistic harem route will soon have to face the consequences. And I wouldn't like that in a lot of games. But it's different with DPC. He always succeeds in creating characters that are profound and lovable. You start to worry about them, which leads to the fact that sooner or later you have to choose one way or the other. And i love it. I love it because DPC sets it up so damn well. The effect would fizzle out if you didn't care about the characters. It would feel wrong if it were sudden and forced. But the player experiences how his decisions are taken up logically and he has to face the consequences. And that's what makes the game so awesome. You will not forget because your decisions feel like decisions and you cannot escape the consequences. Not everyone likes that, after all, we play occasionally to escape reality. Personally, I don't yet know which way I will go. Jill, Sage or Maya / Josy. But I know whichever decision I make, DPC will make sure I remember it. As with acting lessons.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

mespidey

I was itching to play this game ever since I played Acting Lessons by Dr PinkCake. That was my favourite adult game, and this game is a good competitor! I waited until there was a decent amount of content (there is loads of it already, I waited too long), but boy was it worth it.

The best part about this game is that despite having many of the tropes of adult games like an 18yo starting a new chapter in life and a life's worth of drama happening in his first month of college, there is an actual plot, depth and uniqueness of characters, and the arc of becoming the person in college that you will be for a while.

The writer(s) for this game...great job. (y)(y)(y)(y)
    The plot is unfolding beautifully, the writing is witty, and characters are not carbon cut-outs of each other. The humour in the writing is admirable too. Always a HUGE attractor for any adult game I feel.

The designers and creators, again, wonderful work. There is a decent spread of models here. I say models because well, all these chicks look like models. But no one should/would mind that. We're all here to play an adult game after all. The scenes are dslf;,;[;.;[!@$
    [That's just me failing to express how good they are ;) :D ]

I played this with the minigames on. I always feel they are an integral part of the game and add to the gameplay experience. But a lot of them don't really offer perks as such, and seem to be there for the sake of it. I mean, special renders aren't all the rage in this game. Even though the games offer a break from reading content all the while, they break the flow and playability here.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Fortuna ღ

Best Adult Visual Novel that I've ever played(up to date). I can't express enough how much I love this game. DrPinkCake is a genius, and I honestly believe to be one of the best AVN developers out right now. The models, the animations, the renders, the soundtrack, the art? All top notch. It's unbelievable that this all is being accomplished by one person. 10/10 for everything.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Lucifer morning star 666

this game is super cool love the models (really good models) perfect story also reminde me to one of american pie movies and loved that movie too this game is fun experience i love everything about it A MASTER PIECE (y)
  19. 5.00 star(s)

flosliwa

What can I say that was not yet said ?

When you're the author of Acting Lessons, which is by far one of the most outstanding VN outside, well I have to say that it's quite challenging to put things above...

Acting Lessons, for me, was this kind of reference to express what I wait from a VN, it becomes a n1 reference. So when DrPinkcake realeased this new project, I was quite in demand, curious but also circumspect ... How would it be possible to make things better than Acting Lessons in terms of emotions ?

But you did it...

This Being a DIK is by far the best game ever crossed on this site, everything is damnly perfect. I will not judge on the technical side, that's not my role and am unable to do that. So yes, I find animations fantastics ! But as I said before regarding Acting Lessons, DrPinkCake is able to create worlds, characters, storytellings that goes beyond simple sex scenes...

Regarding his games, I just don't care about the sex scenes to be honnest, it's the overwhole story that makes things unavoidables. You should write scenarios and dialogues for cinema by the way....

As I'm french (so please forgive my english speaking), I got only one word: BRAVO !!!

Thanks for all these emotions we're sharing because of you DrPincake !
  20. 5.00 star(s)

kov1974

This is has fast become one of my fav games. The graphics are great and like the story. The selection of women to interact with is tremendous. I will be looking forward to more updates.

I am want to see where Bella, Jade and Cathey go, can't beat a sexy milf :)