Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Then why does he throw in all of this dark foreshadowing? The more I play his games, the less I like DPC. He's got a real talent for grabbing you emotionally, I'll give him that. I just don't think he can be trusted.
We're definitely going to get our hearts curb stomped. But for me, it's more about the journey than the destination. I already know I'm getting fuck all from DPC at end game so I've made my peace with that. Just going to enjoy the ride while it lasts.

mindern

Jul 7, 2017
Hi all,
I'm just post my first message on this forum. Just wanna say i love this game and i spend much time to play, just trying different paths and I'm curious about the plot in the next episode. I can't read all the message you wrote until now, just read the last 10 pages and i see some interesting idea but we need to wait and see what happens. I think the cliffhanger of the Maya's dad enter in the dorm it's quite interesting: maybe there will be a choice like Troy fight him or not, but it's not clear if MC join Maya and Josy in their dorm. I'm sad to see Mona leave but it's the consequences of her choice. I wish Tybalt stop blackmail Jill, but maybe we don't know the full story behind their relationship.
As silly as the idea of fist fighting Maya’s father is on the surface... it does spark discussion about how the father might perceive the MC. Her father is abusive and controlling his gay daughters life by holding her hostage with debt due to her sexuality. MC turning up and defending her in a bullheaded “primal” way might speak to this bigot.

I don’t think the MC would fight him. Seems like it wouldn’t change anything, you can’t punch acceptance of his daughters sexuality into him... but if it made the father think Maya had a boyfriend who’s willing to throw down to do right by her he could begrudging earn his respect. I do have to wonder why Maya isn’t just turning up at home with MC and saying she’s been cured of lesbianism. It’s a half truth anyways.

Not like Derek wouldn’t vouch for MC and her being a real thing (they kinda are depending on the route) and it is believable that MC and Maya got together given Derek and MC being so close.

She wouldn’t be the first person to have a beard, or whatever the female equivalent is, to trick parents into thinking their kid was straight. Seems an obvious solution.

Gnomeking

Oct 24, 2017
Has anyone thought that maybe just maybe (read that as hopefully) Mona was not leaving but just moving into the HOT's house?

I know it's a long shot... but lets keep a little hope!
Don't count on it!

It's a nice thought, but why would Burke delete her scholarship or what that page was(?) if she was just moving into the HOT house?

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
...Trusted to give a happy ending? I think there'll be multiple paths, but at the end of the day it's a game about finding the value in relationships. Will there be heartbreak? Sure. Will bad stuff happen? Sure. But I don't think there's been that much 'dark forshadowing', at least not to warrant a death or some other crazy set of circumstances. Not yet, anyway.
I'll just say that I disagree and leave it at that.

As far as the trusted part what I mean is the way he plays with your emotions. Ever since Episode 4 I've really felt like shit after playing his newest updates. When I play other games like Leap of Faith or Chasing Sunset's, even though those games deal with some heavy theme's, I don't feel like I've been used after playing them. That's the best I can descibe my feelings and I think I may drop this game. I haven't decided yet.

Reactions: Blackchip

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
Then why does he throw in all of this dark foreshadowing? The more I play his games, the less I like DPC. He's got a real talent for grabbing you emotionally, I'll give him that. I just don't think he can be trusted.
I think we don't have the same concept of the dark. Sad things or problems in life are not dark, dark is seeing murders, physical and psychological abuse, sexual abuse, pedophilia, that kind of thing. The problems that I have seen so far in this game seem to me normal things that happen every day in any university in the world, relationships are complicated. Every time someone says that this game is getting more and more depressing, God kills a kitten.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Honestly, I'm more partial to the theory that Maya's dad will leave before MC and the girls arrive. He picked the lock and is clearly snooping around to see what's what, so I doubt he wants to be caught. That being said, I'm sure he'll see Josy before he sneaks away.
He didn't pick the lock, he had a key. How he got hold of one is curious, but I do think that if DPC is going for dark foreshadowings (and that does seem to be there way), having him not be there when they get back in a near-miss moment would be far bigger than if he is there because, with the key, he could come back at any moment, most likely when Maya and Josy are alone. :eek:

We're definitely going to get our hearts curb stomped. But for me, it's more about the journey than the destination. I already know I'm getting fuck all from DPC at end game so I've made my peace with that. Just going to enjoy the ride while it lasts.
I always dislike that phrase, "it's more about the journey than the destination", because you could have a perfectly pleasant road trip where you see lots of interesting things and meet interesting people on your journey, but if your destination ends up being wrapped around a tree and your body crushed, then I don't think the journey was all that worth it.

MC turning up and defending her in a bullheaded “primal” way might speak to this bigot.
If this happened then it's total game logic because just standing up for someone like this in a strong way barely works in the real world.

Jan 15, 2019
Journey > destination is just a cope

it is just that we don't have any choice and not playing the game is not an option

mindern

Jul 7, 2017
He didn't pick the lock, he had a key. How he got hold of one is curious, but I do think that if DPC is going for dark foreshadowings (and that does seem to be there way), having him not be there when they get back in a near-miss moment would be far bigger than if he is there because, with the key, he could come back at any moment, most likely when Maya and Josy are alone. :eek:

I always dislike that phrase, "it's more about the journey than the destination", because you could have a perfectly pleasant road trip where you see lots of interesting things and meet interesting people on your journey, but if your destination ends up being wrapped around a tree and your body crushed, then I don't think the journey was all that worth it.

If this happened then it's total game logic because just standing up for someone like this in a strong way barely works in the real world.
Im not suggesting that cliche of someone responding well to strength. I’m curious if despite it being a silly idea that the MC fight him it might, oddly, work out because despite being a violent disrespectful act it would be one seemingly born of a strong adherence to gender roles and a bigot might respond to that. Her dad wouldn’t respect him fighting, he might however ignore it as it would prove Maya was with a man... and one who’s willing to fight for her. That’s something he might appreciate.

I wasn’t suggesting it’s a good (or viable) idea I was in all honesty just engaging with an idea a new poster made and bringing them into the discussions we’re having here by slightly twisting what they said to make a talking point beyond just ”MC should fight Maya’s dad”.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
it seems to me that DPC always uses the same scheme, like a Kansas City move ...

DPC creates a negative situation in which the MC is guilty, but the player is not, after it magnifies the gravity of this, then makes the MC, and therefore the player, face the consequences and feelings of guilt.

you may like it or not, but it works very well, you get very involved and very frustrated which pushes us to find a solution to a problem that we have not created.

the latest example is Tybalt's blackmail, but the famous fire also follows this pattern

Derek and Mc make a nonsense, which as players we cannot avoid, but this nonsense is evaluated as an armed robbery (when for example the theft of the deer's head would have been objectively more serious), and now we will have to face the consequences.

with that in mind, I play much more relaxed

Reactions: moskyx

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Don't let anyone in this thread fool you, people love drama, its why DPC has a big following even after the whole AL debacle.
why debacle?

it was a first work and had some flaws, but this game will have some too

but considering the position for liking I would say that AL remains a success

Reactions: Gladheim

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
why debacle?

it was a first work and had some flaws, but this game will have some too

but considering the position for liking I would say that AL remains a success
Debacle as in, for what he did to AL people still love that game, regardless of how much they complain about it.

Noxusa

Mar 12, 2019
Is there anyone who can tell me the title of the song that's used during this gloomy and dark scene with Quinn?

1606064223502.png

Jan 15, 2019
Don't let anyone in this thread fool you, people love drama, its why DPC has a big following even after the whole AL debacle.
it is just a fictional game afterall

drama is one of the reasons he has such a big following

even if he does what he did in AI it will be forgotten soon

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
"Debacle" for breaking the golden (unspoken) rule of these games; don't kill off a LI.

in AL there are 4 LI (in theory)

one is fake (leah)
one dies
and one is written and treated like a leper (Rena)

in AL there is only one LI, then we are free to make mistakes
:cry:

DPC overturns many of the rules

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes