VN - Ren'Py - Being a DIK [v0.10.1] [DrPinkCake]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Alkamino

This game is an absolute knock out.
    Easily the best I've played in this category.
    Animations and renders are beautiful and high quality.
    The story line is very interesting and fun.
    The amount of fun I'm having just playing the game (with the mini games and everything else in between) makes this more than just a fap game, its actually a legit fun game with an adult theme that you can definitely bust a nut playing.
    The girls are amazing, and the interface is really smooth and easy to pick up.
    The phone apps are really fresh and fun.
    I absolutely loved it and I'm still in chapter 3 and I couldn't wait to write this review.
    I hope we see more fetishes as we move further, but certainly no complains here.
    Keep up the good work , you got a true fan and future patreon supporter here.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

TimmyLangstrumpf

1st things first: the music is AWESOME (what I can´t say about many VN´s) and always suiting

The animatioons are very good and have a excellentgood amount of variation for a VN
    Now matter what its worth downloading the 8GB
  3. 5.00 star(s)

juanmiou

Probably the best adult VN i've ever played. I'm not usually into review games but i had to make an exception with this piece of art.

Renders and animations are beautiful, probably not the best but in the highest tiers.

All characters are interesting with full personalities, you can love or hate each, but they don't leave you indiferent at all. Women are really gorgeous but they seem real with their issues and scars, not perfect dolls.

Storyline is very interesting and immersive, not just a few lines between fap scenes you can easily skip, i think i'd play this even without the adult content, and that's a big statement, even considering that i'm not a big fan of college settings.

Adult content matches storyline pretty well, not just some forced sex scenes for the sake of it (with an exception of dream sequencies, i think they are not needed but hey, they're also great)

Another features like phone, free roaming and minigames which in my opinion usually ruin most of games are a plus here. That rooster app is amazing

Only one complaint here, the DIK/CHICK system, i would prefer a flag system because you can be a dick with a character but it doesn't have to affect every other character's behaviour towards you, they don't need to be aware of every move you make, at least not all of them.

And that's it, even with the con i'm going to rate this with 5 stars, it's a remarkable work you're doing here Dr. PinkCake.

And sorry for my english, it's my third language and i always have a hard time when writing more than 2 or 3 sentences in a row hehe

Have a good day :)

EDIT: The music... I forgot the fucking MUSIC!!!! It fits perfectly. I'm not really into that commercial punk/pop/rock style (maybe a bit of bad religion and nofx) but i think it fits with the college setting and it's easy to listen to. The rest of the tunes are amazingly appropiate, specially that one when you read "doors are funny" hehe
  4. 5.00 star(s)

comuner

Awesome game.

A lot of content so far in here with plenty of pictures and some animations. The dialogue throughout is great and the paragraphs are never too long which is sometimes an issue in lengthy story driven games.

Fantastic character models and really great outfits. Isabella is modeled sexy as hell, great unique looks especially the lips. Some of the other models look fantastic as well. The posing is really good too!

The devs behind this did a superb job and this is now one of my all time favorite games!
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Lj625

[As of v0.5.2 ]

The best and the pioneer of VN.

- Great Story (your choices actually matter)
    - Great music
    - Great graphics
    - Amazing girls
    - Amazing lewd scenes
    - Fun minigames

- Conclusion:
    Gr8 game m8, i r8 8 out of 8
  6. 5.00 star(s)

MK Square

One among the best VNs i play
    Pros:
    1.Excellent Gameplay
    2.Gripping story
    3.well Top notch renders and animations
    4.Good writing
    Cons:
    nothing that I could point out.

This VN provides mostly everything player looks for good story or writing or excellent sex scenes .
    All in all a VN which should not be missed
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Captain Clown

A lot of times I see a Ren'Py Visual Novel and prepare for a let down. Not the case here. Dr. Pinkcake is the example for other developers to look at.

There is so much to love about this game. The lovely models. Using them well. Fun minigames. The effort going into the outfit variety. The wonderful amount of still renders and animated scenes. Dialogue that doesn't read like it was written by a learning disabled caveman. The option to be a jerk, a saint, or something in between.

Give this a try. Easily one of my favorites.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Starkillercc

Fantastic Story imo, fantastic art style, fantastic characters and a fantastic developer!
    I played it since the beginning and it is the only game where I had the fun to play all possible paths.
    The support from the developer is great and you will get a weekly update on his Patreon.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

DuckDairyDip

I made a mistake.

When this thread first went up for this game, I was intrigued by the actual story and character focus, but turned away due to the main theme and gimmick surrounding fraternities and sororities. I am fine with a more active or alpha MC due to these social groups, but I made a huge and ignorant assumption thinking I would be forced to be an asshole to people. Due to this assumption, I bookmarked and watched the thread, but held off on it since February 2019 until finally playing it a few days ago. I follow about 80 active projects on this site, and I slept on one of ten that I am extremely invested in and care about the running narrative.

The main system as play that controls the course of the narrative via the choices is a scale like system where the main character can be more "DIK", aggressive, overly confidant and somewhat of an asshole, or on the other side of the spectrum a "CHICK", more passive, and more polite. Because it works more as a scale, you can actively choose choices that lean you towards one way or another. Also, if you are on certain ends of the spectrum usually extremely towards DIK or CHICK or maybe even in a neutral zone, certain choices can be unlocked during certain events. This adds to replay value and also I feel gives each choice more interesting perspective depending on the affinity of the MC. Usually when I play games like this I just choose the choices depending on what I feel I would do or what the MC would do, and just continue, and when the game finishes use a guide to see other things. I was so intrigued by the characters and interactions after doing my "personal" run up to version 0.5.2, I did two more runs for both sides of the spectrum of DIK and CHICK to see more of what I possibly missed, and was not let down by finding out more details and things about characters.

There are many nice details about this game with the way branching paths work. There are a few pretty major branching path segments where some content can be missed due to story events from these branching paths. These don't change a lot about the core story, but they are really interesting to get a better perspective of characters who you may not see at certain points of the story depending on which route you may choose. The main example of this branch comes in the form of a major choice between three options, and it was interesting going from my primary playthrough then going to the other playthroughs and seeing other options and how I get to learn about other characters depending on my choice. This branch doesn't change the entire course of the story, but it does determine who you will hang out with during certain sections and you can gain better insight about certain characters or events, so replaying and seeing all choices from this branch would give the player the best understanding of all characters and events.

Another major feature is the use of the phone. The phone can be accessed to play minigames for different rewards, view bios for the reoccuring characters, view and interact with messages on a fictional social media service the characters use, view character stats, etc. I like the attention to detail with the phone and features for different reasons. For example, there will be times where the MC's phone isn't on him due to story reasons so you won't be able to view any of the phone's menus. Pulling out the phone during class can cause the teacher to reprimand the MC. Also, the bios for the different characters is very well done as it updates depending on choices and truly tailors to the player's experience. It is very great especially for a game with a variety of interactions can take place. It does wonders when I want to think about what to say to a character or think about how the story is progressing. The fictional social media service, "Rooster", is interesting in that I initially thought it was there for flavor text to give more dimension to characters and events as their social media posts will give a bit of extra flair to events. Like for example, a character will post a picture as they are preparing for a date with you. Yet, there are moments where a character will post something and this could lead to actual in-game interactions with these characters to further get to know them. Also, being able to actually reply to posts and like posts and replies adds to the experience.

The girls are very fun and I love them all. Josy, Maya, Sage, Bella and Jill seem to be the main girls at least up to the end of season 1. Each of their interactions with the MC make me actually care for them and want to learn more about them as people. Don't want to give too much away about their characters for the review, but for example, Sage I find especially cute in her reactions and interactions with the MC as she is in a rough patch with her current boyfriend and hope the MC can continue getting closer to Sage soon. The renders are very nice, sometimes I just have to sit back and be like, "damn this looks really good." Like seriously, the animations and quality of renders is stunning, I highly suggest looking at them closely to fully appreciate each scene.

The side characters I really enjoy. The main, "DIK" squad are a bunch of cool bros who seem like a blast to hang out with and each have their own quirks and I hope to learn more about them. Derek may be one of if not the best "bro" characters in these kind of games. He has dimensions to his character, he is funny and interesting to interact with, he will defend and even criticize you when needed, and his quirks make him just memorable plus he knows how to get pussy. The HOTs sorority members are also interesting and I hope we get to interact more with them and learn more about the different members. Each of the girls in the sorority also have their own quirks and objectives so they are easily memorable. The antagonistic Quinn for example seems like the quintessential bitch, but there are already hints to more aspects to her character. The other fraternities of the jocks, and preps also have these great qualities of having interesting members and interactions with the different characters whether positive or negative interactions. I also enjoy the fact that different characters are in active relationships including several members of the DIKs for example. It makes things much more believable and I feel more attached to these characters and just like seeing them interact with their partners and such.

Overall, solid game and highly recommend.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Kinkyinator

Best game I have played so far because it made me all emotional on the inside and love the story. I'm pretty new on this visaul novels games so havent had the chance to play that many games but I think this one will stay in my heart and in my mind. Thanks for the hard work Dr PinkCake and hope the future will get even better!
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Bisachi

VNs are supposed to have different routes for players, so people play the same game over and over try to unlock all the possible scenes that they might have had to choose between during their first time playing. I could never bring myself to do it though, well that was before i played BaDIK, this game is absolute bliss. I could just keep playing it over and over and it still is the best thing out there. Can't wait to see how the story will progress once its fully out
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 2910840

BaDiK is absolute quality from the artwork, mini games, amount of actual choices. DPC provides top notch polished content in this funny and dramatic College romp. The sheer detail is amazing, just the whole cluck thing and the responses to your messages, really feel realistic.

My fave char is bad girl Quinn...she don`t give a fuck who you are....don`t fuck with her or watch your back!

The story is gripping and has lots of humor and emo moments...feels like an American Pie movie...where`s the Sherminator...? Ah, he`s Derek...hihi.

Great high quality College Drama with great characters. Cannot wiat for Chapter 6 to see what happens next <3
  13. 5.00 star(s)

alwayswannafly3

The whole game is amazing! The plots, the twists, the scenes. It took me attatched playing it non stop until the end of episode 5, and it was way much time since last time a game made it to me. Now that I played it straight to the end, i want to try it again, to see how different choices uncover options. A truly masterpiece of the genre, imho.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

gkdanuka

:coffee: Unique amazing animations
    :coffee: One of best renders I ever seen in a VN(definitely in the top 5)
    :coffee: Interesting, funny erotic story
    :coffee: those mini games are plus factor for me

characters are well built and you can fall in love with them easily. Dev of this game definitely put lot of time and effort to built this game. One of the best of all time
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Dslibre

I havent rated many games, if at all, on this website.

But this one... I had to just give it a shout.

This game is basically lewd but also a freakin BLAST. Pacing is just perfect, dialogues are sharp, characters interesting, and it's sometimes HI-LA-RIOUS. I still laugh when i think back at Derek's shirt in Gender Studies... OMG it just crushed me at the time looooool.

Seriously, this game is probably the best lewd game i ever played, and it's not even close. The mini-games are smartly done, even the brawler one is very solid in itself that it doesnt become boring.

And the renders and girls ? Well, i'm in love with several ones.

No really, this is just way too good.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

ragatester

Please do Complete it! Amazing Graphics and Models.
    Allover clean look, few more animations will make it much more enjoyable. Waiting for next update, hope we get it soon.
    Author you are doing good work. keep going.:cool::cool::cool::cool:(y)(y)(y)
  17. 5.00 star(s)

ZaphodB

Recently came back to this fantastic game. Hope this gets finished. There is so much variety in terms of girls and locations.
    I have to admit I've been too much of a Massive DIK and maybe not played it as maybe I should have. TBH my main aim was really to get to be a DIK and party with the HOTs. I feel that's not an unreasonable aim for someone in their late teams, which I am obviously not. My natural home would be with the nerds being envious of others. I'd absolutely hate to be a prep or a jock so DIK is precisely who I'd been envious of. With all the apps and mini games, it's difficult to stay on top of things and you're constantly hit with twists. The renders and sex scenes are hot, the writing is funny and light years from being clunky.
    I hope it works out for the DIKs and I somehow end up with Josie - Jill is incredibly beautiful but I'm not sure she fits seeming far too calm and assured for me.
    This game is so much fun and I hope it stays light, not that AL wasn't great but brutal.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Roelandt

Being a DIK v0.5.2 by Dr PinkCake

Gonna come out of the gate saying that Being a DIK (BADIK) is a masterpieces. Having tried dozens of games in this format, nothing has come close to Doc's most recent work. It is truly the best game on F95 with a huge following . At the time of this writing there are over 4300 pages of posts in the forum, making this by far the most active on the site. And for very good reason. If you haven't played it yet you are in for a very rewarding experience.

In BADIK, you play the MC who is a young man on his way to college. He has fallen for a co-worker at the convenience store he works at named Josy. But their romance has to end after just one date because he is leaving to college the next day. Upon arriving at B&R College, he quickly finds himself needing to move out of his dorm room and begrudgingly decides to pledge one of the fraternities, Delta Io Kappa hoping that if he is accepted, he will get to live at the frat house. From here starts Hell Week, a weeklong hazing ritual that takes its toll on his life and relationships.

Right off the bat you immediately connect to the MC. This is critical for a VN's success since "walking in the MC's shoes" is an important factor in this format. If the character is unlikeable, it's hard to like the game. This is not an issue here because more than any other game I have played in this format, the MC feels like You, even though clearly he isn't. And because you empathize so much with the character, you actually feel it when he suffers, gets angry, is happy, or amused. Masterfully done.

The Hell Week subplot is a great new spin on the worn out cliché of the new collage student theme found on a large number of VN games here. Doc's spin on the theme makes this seem unique and interesting and less of a cliché. That's not to say that there are no cliché elements. For example, present is the cartoonish friend with no filter that, sadly, a huge number of developers in this format feel obligated to stick into their game. But it's kinda fine here since this character's inhuman characteristics help to drive the storyline. The story has plenty of surprise reveals, mysteries, cliff hangers, backstory, and intrigue to keep you invested.

The best part of the game is the characters. The characters ALL have depth and are all uniquely different from each other. There is something for just about any taste. You will quickly pick favorites of at least a few of the girls and you will even grow to dislike others (as intended by the author). Quinn for example is such a scumbag that you enjoy hating her (except for those guys that are attracted to her for her abusiveness and will aggressively defend her on the forums) and she makes a fantastic antagonist for the MC. Who doesn't love a good villain? The story is woven through the lives of these supporting characters. Even the side characters are fascinating and interesting. All the women are beautiful and none of them (except maaaaaybe one) are cartoonish exaggerations of a curvy woman that so many games have. The one such character in the game that is kinda along those lines is done artfully and looks real, like a voluptuous woman might look in real life. ALL the characters are stereotypes, but that's not a critique...it's the style of the game. All the classic archetypes are here. The mean girl, the nice girl, the bad girl, the naïve girl, the sweet girl, the moody girl, the flirty girl, the nerdy girl, the elegant girl. But it's these stereotypes that add so much to the game. They seem so real. No two girls are the same or even similar! Brilliantly done.

ALL the lewd scenes are stellar. All of them. As much due to your empathizing with the character as with the beauty of the girls and Doc's creative portrayal of the action. Lots of the scenes contain interesting dialogue that spices up the scene and drive the story. My only complaint here is that the MC says "this is the softest [insert body part] I have ever felt." He says that in so many words in almost every scene. It's one of the few "mistakes" I can think of, but is quite trivial.

Mini games in all other games I've played have been more or less uninteresting or even frustrating. Doc solves this problems not only making the mini-games fun, but at the start of the game you have the option to simply bypass them completely (which is what I did on my first run-through wanting to focus on the story, not puzzles). There are rewards for locating hard to find objects hidden throughout the game. There is a fight mechanic, word games to simulate the character taking tests, and other clever features, most of which unlock images or grant bonuses. Brilliant.

Visually the game is at the tip-top of the food chain in quality. Few games even match the renders. Doc makes clever work of lighting, color and shading. No two of the girls have the same complexion or skin texture. Some of the girls are actually so beautiful they are indescribable. You will fall in love with them. Be warned.

I've been told by other people that the music is excellent in the game. But I despise the genre Doc pulled from primarily in selecting the music so it's not to my taste. I play the game with the music off playing My Music from my stereo system. But do not listen to a word I say about that. Most other people have high praise for the music so let that be my point. Musically there are two specific "missed opportunities" which really happened because of cost of licensing rights. The song the MC learns to play on his guitar and the song Jill plays on her piano are actually....not that good. It's a shame that Doc did not have the revenue to license a public domain song for Jill like a piano concerto from Mozart or Debussy, or something less flat for the MC to play for Jill and Bella since those songs were part of the story and the only two songs in the game that were not very good. The scenes where these songs are played are emotional and are sadly impaired by the music.

I also liked that Doc gives you the option to NOT pursue a relationship with most characters in the game. Some are story driven, and you don't have the choice, but that's few and far between. I have not personally tried to NOT be with any girl since I like so many of them so much, but I imagine it is possible with most if not all the characters.

I can go on and on about this game. The best part are the emotions you will feel playing the game. You will feel excitement, anger, heartbreak, amusement, irritation, confusion, fear, embarrassment...all along with the MC as he feels them. Absolutely masterful. NOTHING I have experienced in a game comes remotely close to how well Doc pulls that off in BADIK.

WARNING: You will play this game over and over and over again. You will want to experience everything you missed by altering your play style: Chick (nice) or DIK (jerk) or Neutral. Depending on how you play...the game keeps track...you will be able to do or not do certain things. For example if you have a very high DIK rating you will not be able to have Maya's first lewd scene. This element makes for enormous replay value. You'll want to see everything.

Bottom line: Best game by far on F95. If you haven't played it yet you are in for a seriously rewarding experience. The cons in the game are few and far between and barely worth mentioning. And what is good about the game is better than literally everything else I've experienced in this format.

Masterpiece.

11 out of 5 Stars.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

SkyeyesStef

The whole game is amazing! The plots, the twists, the scenes. It took me attatched playing it non stop until the end of episode 5, and it was way much time since last time a game made it to me. Now that I played it straight to the end, i want to try it again, to see how different choices uncover options. A truly masterpiece of the genre, imho.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

paladin07

Great story and smoking hot babes, college girls and some MILFs. Did I mention the great story, fun mini-games and hot girls? I like games with Walkthroughs (because I like to avoid the grind and just get to the PLOT already. :)