felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Nope, Quinn's plan was to use the party with the preps to get more customers.

The problem is that the situation blew up in her face in this episode, since Rich backed down from using coke, and while he paid her because of her troubles, now she is in campus with a lot of coke and no one to sell it to.

Quinn's plan did work, it just ended up blowing up in her face, as usual. She sucks at planning for the unexpected.
the worst criminal mind in history, like the Beagle Boys

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
hosting him would not count among the good deeds, the point is not losing MC for Hells week, probably if he had nowhere to go he would try to go home again.
It's clearly more than some selfish desire to hang onto his maggot brother required for Hell week. Derek considers the MC his friend & wants to spend time with him at every opportunity.
in 2 occasions MC can tell him, and I did, that he likes Maya and Derek makes Switzerland, completely neutral. but then when he catches them in intimate attitudes he cannot refrain from taking Maya back without giving any explanation to his bro. he didn't have to reveal anything to him simply to tell him that his sister was in a complicated relationship, in a complicated sentimental situation and to give her time. a very WTF scene.
I certainly wouldn't be revealing intimate secrets of my immediate family to some guy I met a week ago, even if we're friends. Who'd throw their family under the bus? Derek warns the MC off his sister from the start, he can't do much more without betraying his sisters confidence. The MC already knows she's in a relationship & carries on anyway. This is one occasion where I'd do the same as Derek & keep the secret, it's not his to tell.
Do you really consider Swyper a gesture of friendship?
Yes? He's trying to help his friend have some fun to take his mind off the drama. It's stupid, but that doesn't mean Derek isn't being a bro.

No doubt he's also eager for the MC to move on, because he's not at all keen on him dating his sister regardless of the circumstances.
what birthday party would he has organized for him? he warns the other DIKs that they are very happy to celebrate it, I don't think it's this great effort
It's not about the effort, it's the motivation. Derek wants everyone to celebrate his friends b'day. It's not like Derek is getting anything out of it beyond partying with his friends.
But when does he make him look like a horny dog with Cathy?
the continuous foolishness at Jade's class?
No debate there, Derek constantly acts like an idiot. A friendly, well meaning idiot. I wouldn't be able to stand Derek in IRL, but I'm not the MC. I wouldn't make many of the choices the MC makes either.
then I don't understand how after blaming MC for following the guts in a very shocking moment, you can't blame Derek for doing a colossal nonsense, useless and that could have been much more harmful (if Jill's piano was ruined there was no need for Tybalt to say goodbye to Jill) made solely for the lol ...
Derek knows next to nothing about MCs relationship with Jill & certainly didn't know about the piano or it's importance to her. If anything the fault is with the MC here, he's the one who's aware of that stuff but doesn't do anything to halt Derek. From Derek's perspective he's just pranking the preps, which all the DIKs including the MC are onboard with.
but I know very well that of all my unpopular opinions this is the most unpopular of all
He's no Liam, but he's certainly got the MCs back & is a solid party-boy wing-man. I like him well enough for the comic relief.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
It's clearly more than some selfish desire to hang onto his maggot brother required for Hell week. Derek considers the MC his friend & wants to spend time with him at every opportunity.

I certainly wouldn't be revealing intimate secrets of my immediate family to some guy I met a week ago, even if we're friends. Who'd throw their family under the bus? Derek warns the MC off his sister from the start, he can't do much more without betraying his sisters confidence. The MC already knows she's in a relationship & carries on anyway. This is one occasion where I'd do the same as Derek & keep the secret, it's not his to tell.

Yes? He's trying to help his friend have some fun to take his mind off the drama. It's stupid, but that doesn't mean Derek isn't being a bro.

No doubt he's also eager for the MC to move on, because he's not at all keen on him dating his sister regardless of the circumstances.

It's not about the effort, it's the motivation. Derek wants everyone to celebrate his friends b'day. It's not like Derek is getting anything out of it beyond partying with his friends.

No debate there, Derek constantly acts like an idiot. A friendly, well meaning idiot. I wouldn't be able to stand Derek in IRL, but I'm not the MC. I wouldn't make many of the choices the MC makes either.

Derek knows next to nothing about MCs relationship with Jill & certainly didn't know about the piano or it's importance to her. If anything the fault is with the MC here, he's the one who's aware of that stuff but doesn't do anything to halt Derek. From Derek's perspective he's just pranking the preps, which all the DIKs including the MC are onboard with.

He's no Liam, but he's certainly got the MCs back & is a solid party-boy wing-man. I like him well enough for the comic relief.
In short, Derek is a friendly moron.

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
You say you came up with a better way for the choice to be presented (choose Jill and plan to visit Sage after) but that's exactly what the MC intends to do when you choose Jill, except if you read my previous post it doesn't work out well. That's not bad writing, that's shit not working out the way you'd like.
I agree with that post. That's a reasonable reaction from Sage to that situation, but that has nothing to do with how the choice is presented, which is my complaint, and could still work almost exactly the same in the alternative scenario I proposed.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

this is not true, Maya tells him she has a boyfriend and then reveals that it is not true, that it is just a ploy to keep boys away

in fact in the key scene she justifies herself by saying that she was convinced the story was over, and I have no reason not to believe her

I also wrote that Derek didn't have to reveal anything about Maya, he just had to warn Derek to take it easy, and he never does, he jokes about it.

I would have said something to a friend, I would not have waited for him to take the bus in the face, then tell him that it bothered me that my sister had not been so faithful to her previous girlfriend

we have an incredible ease in placing any responsibility on MC while for the other characters we come up with a thousand mitigating circumstances

Jacob, who is almost a stranger, behaves much more like MC's friend than Derek, and we are talking about an almost stranger

the preps joke is completely idiotic, Tybalt complains about the ruined dress, but between furniture and everything we could be responsible for enormous damage, so Jill should have allowed Tybalt to have sex with her mom and dead sister too not to report us

Derek isn't bad, neither is Jar Jar, he's just completely untrustworthy, the classic person you enjoy being around but would never call to solve a serious problem

• Thinking Face
Reactions: MagnmD Ekselle

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I agree with that post. That's a reasonable reaction from Sage to that situation, but that has nothing to do with how the choice is presented, which is my complaint, and could still work almost exactly the same in the alternative scenario I proposed.
So you're saying the "Go with Jill" option should have been worded, "Go with Jill and message Sage to see her afterwards", which is exactly what the MC did, even if the choice didn't stipulate it. That's a small issue to be discussing to this extent.

ExDeath730

Jan 29, 2018
very likely

that's why DPC made us have unpaid sex with her, to make us regret it
I don't see Quinn dying. What i can see is someone else dying because of her bullshit, and this person could be Riona or Camila. They're both characters we interacted and are popular with the fanbase (for side girls). Honestly, Riona dying wouldn't make me that sad, since she is basically Quinn's right hand, but Camila dying would be really tragic.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Even then, Derek can be a pretty off-putting character for many of us.

Even in playthroughs where I've had MC be a human carpet and let everyone walk all over him, I still make a point to tell Derek I don't miss all the wackiness from Hell Week when he asks.

I mean, he's not as bad as Liam, who is the gold standard for "irritating DPC characters," but he's up there.
I actually found myself laughing out loud on occasion to Derek. I miss his involvement in episode 6, but definitely the idiot friend trope can work for some people an not others.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I actually found myself laughing out loud on occasion to Derek. I miss his involvement in episode 6, but definitely the idiot friend trope can work for some people an not others.

he's a perfect comic character (the best is Arieth) but I don't feel him like a close friend.

and it is also the fault of how the game develops, during Hells week, in fact we are competing with him, sabotaging him in some tests and letting him do the ones we don't feel like it, all this then for 10 $ that we will not spend ...

every time he learns something a problem arises, the photo of Cathy's butt, the video of Jade, Bella ..

Oct 7, 2020
Even then, Derek can be a pretty off-putting character for many of us.

Even in playthroughs where I've had MC be a human carpet and let everyone walk all over him, I still make a point to tell Derek I don't miss all the wackiness from Hell Week when he asks.

I mean, he's not as bad as Liam, who is the gold standard for "irritating DPC characters," but he's up there.
The guy may av done too many whippits in the past, but, he'll step up too the plate nd do whats needed. Derek's a bro, he holds true thru n thru.

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
So you're saying the "Go with Jill" option should have been worded, "Go with Jill and message Sage to see her afterwards", which is exactly what the MC did, even if the choice didn't stipulate it. That's a small issue to be discussing to this extent.
No, I'm saying that the situation could be agreeing to go with Jill first and then getting Sage's call. That's still a hard decision, but there's a difference, it's not a sick friend+a promise vs hanging out, it's a sick friend vs a promise, and in this case it would make more sense for a Chick to pick either morally speaking. And Sage could still be pissed you prefer hanging out instead of helping her, not as pissed, but she could still rethink things and do whatever DPC wants her to do next in that scenario.

Reactions: ename144
Oct 7, 2020
Quinn has solidly been in my not with ten foot pole list since day one. I don't give a shit at all about whatever fucked up backstory she has. And certainly don't care about her getting herself into this position. The only way I'm getting involved in her shit is if the game forces you to.
I thought the same way till my 3rd play through... that rooftop scene at the party before the carwash during hell week tho... has me going in with a 1 foot pole now

Oct 7, 2020
this is not true, Maya tells him she has a boyfriend and then reveals that it is not true, that it is just a ploy to keep boys away

in fact in the key scene she justifies herself by saying that she was convinced the story was over, and I have no reason not to believe her

I also wrote that Derek didn't have to reveal anything about Maya, he just had to warn Derek to take it easy, and he never does, he jokes about it.

I would have said something to a friend, I would not have waited for him to take the bus in the face, then tell him that it bothered me that my sister had not been so faithful to her previous girlfriend

we have an incredible ease in placing any responsibility on MC while for the other characters we come up with a thousand mitigating circumstances

Jacob, who is almost a stranger, behaves much more like MC's friend than Derek, and we are talking about an almost stranger

the preps joke is completely idiotic, Tybalt complains about the ruined dress, but between furniture and everything we could be responsible for enormous damage, so Jill should have allowed Tybalt to have sex with her mom and dead sister too not to report us

Derek isn't bad, neither is Jar Jar, he's just completely untrustworthy, the classic person you enjoy being around but would never call to solve a serious problem
Jacob is the Truest DIK bro. Derek hasnt done anything bad enough to warrant, hes completely untrustworthy?

Last edited:

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
No, he is saying Sage's call for help should have come after Jill's proposal. Having a CHICK MC to choose between staying true to his word given to a friend in need and going out wth a girl he's interested in (a girl who apparently shares that CHICK personality that should put friendship and honesty above all) is just cruel if it's intended. If it's not, it shows a bad DIK-CHICK system implementation that leads to bad characterization.

A CHICK person, as it's shown during the game, is loyal, polite, supportive of his friends and tries to do what is socially correct. He has already promised to go and help out a sick friend. Then another friend, a romantic interest but also a person who share those traits, comes out of the blue to ask you for a hangout and you don't know what's actually behind that proposal (a last dance before parting ways with you that forces you to declare your love for her). A consistent, coherent and uninformed CHICK would choose to go to Sage. Now, if Jill asks you out and then a second later Sage calls you for help, that's an actual dilemma for a CHICK

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
No, I'm saying that the situation could be agreeing to go with Jill first and then getting Sage's call. That's still a hard decision, but there's a difference, it's not a sick friend+a promise vs hanging out, it's a sick friend vs a promise, and in this case it would make more sense for a Chick to pick either morally speaking. And Sage could still be pissed you prefer hanging out instead of helping her, not as pissed, but she could still rethink things and do whatever DPC wants her to do next in that scenario.
Now I get it, you’re saying the world events should revolve around the main characters personality so as to not generate conflicting scenarios? As opposed to the main character having to deal with random world events regardless of his personality?

Reactions: ChipLecsap
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes