GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
If Maya is the main LI in this game then it's a failure because roughly half the players hate her.
I think DPC definitely misjudged his characters and patrons because I agree that the response to Maya and Josy has been mixed at best. While polls aren't always the best judge of a character's popularity, it is no accident that Maya and Josy are almost always dead last in votes. It seems that the majority of players don't like them (or at least don't prefer them) and the players that do like them are split 50/50 on which one they prefer. This gums up the works because I really do agree that Maya and Josy are clearly supposed to be the main LIs. As horusxcaen82 said, I think Jill has been elevated to #3, but to me it feels like she's been a bit shoehorned in. And as well as that shoehorning has gone, I don't think it has been the easiest transition. Bella and Sage are distant numbers 4 and 5, to the point where I almost have a hard time believing that they're intended as primary LIs. I can't speak for Bella, but I was surprised how early and easy it was to close the Sage romance story line. When I closed it I didn't do it intentionally to end any future chances with her, but that's how it worked.

BaDIK is going to be an odd game once it's finished because the primary two LIs are the least popular options available. When even secondary characters garner more interest, something has gone wrong in the writing process.

$JACKIE1492

Sep 19, 2018
Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Dashxp4k

horusxcaen82

Mar 20, 2018
I don't know if I'd say I hate her but she's pretty far down my list.

I think she was definitely presented has the main LI in episode 1, but from episode 4 onwards she's been at best a side character. I care more for John Boy and Elena than I do Maya and Josy because I feel they are more relevant.

If DPC intended for Maya to be the main LI, I have no idea why he would lock her up so early. And even her lewd scenes in episode 2, you have to turn down hotter girls and better scenes to even get them.

If you play this game without the end of episode write ups on the 5 main girls, you wouldn't even think half of them are main girls.
well take Jill for instance, shes a slow burn LI, with this black mail BS that Tibbie is pushing we might get scenes of him openly flaunting how Jill is being nice to him and its going to cause friction I bet, but it will make their relationship stronger if they can push through.

having finished Sage's path today and seeing the new update pic I can more or less guess that they might be trying something and Quinn and Riona are giving them grief, but Quinn oof if she starts having any feelings after that night they had, it could be troublesome as well.

Bella I dunno why shes even part of the Main LI's I stated yesterday that its because shes an older woman thats more approachable than say Jade, since Bellas husband is gone dead, alive living in a sea monkey colony whatever. But that death stare she gives isn't endearing at first but she softens and you can see yourself with her even if its strained.

as far Maya/Josy and their drama, episode seven has to be a catharsis moment for them, or they will be right back where they started and be no better for it. I have my ideas on things that can happen there MC intervenes with Maya's dad they run a scheme to fool him, Maya grows a pair and tells her dad to fuck off finally I mean it could be whatever, but it needs to end the drama or else their path will be constant drama and no one will want to play their path.

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
and This asshole better stay away from my Girl, or Tybalt won't be the only preps who gets a taste of my fist :LOL::cool:
View attachment 933906
lol, I always sit with Sage & Quinn here, but this is interesting, I don't even remember this guy from the game - a prep? How does Josy know him, or is hew new to all of us as of this scene?

I kinda like it if DPC adds in some competition for us just to create some realism and some challenge versus having all of them lusting after MC. I've cut my girls down to (3) overall, Quinn, Josy, and Jill. So definitely interested in seeing where things are going. Hoping MC can pose as Josy's boyfriend in front of Maya's dad - that seems to be where DPC is heading to allow players to have one-on-one opportunities with either Josy or Maya if they don't want the polyamorous relationship.

cryhwks

Dec 3, 2018
WHAT THE WHAT?! this was unexpected and i'm VERY curious to see where this goes mates cheers!!
You do know you can already have a threesome with them? I think in Episode 3 of you've been paying for sex. It replaces the Maya scene at the end of Episode 3.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
Reading this thread has me thinking that I may have closed off all of my potential LIs. I denied Sage. I keep as much distance as I can from Maya and Josy. I'm trying to romance Jill but I'm pretty far on the DIK side of the spectrum. I'm still pursuing Bella, but I know I should stop. Meanwhile, I don't have anything to do with Quinn or her girls (I said no to that girl in episode 6 who wanted me to pay for sex- my MC gets far too much action to need to pay for it). I did have sex with Lilly, but that was just because she's easy. Other than that, I have Jade, Nicole, and Cathy, but I think the Nicole path could be coming to a close because I'm pursuing Jill (I haven't finished episode 6 yet, so who knows).

My MC may end up a single dude who gets laid a lot, and then chills with his bros at the frat and goes to class.

horusxcaen82

Mar 20, 2018
lol, I always sit with Sage & Quinn here, but this is interesting, I don't even remember this guy from the game - a prep? How does Josy know him, or is hew new to all of us as of this scene?

I kinda like it if DPC adds in some competition for us just to create some realism and some challenge versus having all of them lusting after MC. I've cut my girls down to (3) overall, Quinn, Josy, and Jill. So definitely interested in seeing where things are going. Hoping MC can pose as Josy's boyfriend in front of Maya's dad - that seems to be where DPC is heading to allow players to have one-on-one opportunities with either Josy or Maya if they don't want the polyamorous relationship.

or if the MC had some stones he could say " they are both mine " then stare down Maya's dad like a bamf

• Haha
Reactions: Razrback16

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
If Maya is the main LI in this game then it's a failure because roughly half the players hate her.
You mean there's a small cohort of very vocal people on these boards that hate her and keep saying it over and over...

Look back on people's tier rankings, she's all over the place (like every other character), but only "hated" by a few.

Having said that, there's an inherent problem with making the game gravitate around any one particular love interest, for the game to keep focusing on that character (the way this game keeps refocusing on Maya), that character needs to keep having issues in order to direct the focus, effectively turning that character into a drama queen, and in doing so, annoying some people.

or if the MC had some stones he could say " they are both mine " then stare down Maya's dad like a bamf
...and then get smote by god.

horusxcaen82

Mar 20, 2018
Reading this thread has me thinking that I may have closed off all of my potential LIs. I denied Sage. I keep as much distance as I can from Maya and Josy. I'm trying to romance Jill but I'm pretty far on the DIK side of the spectrum. I'm still pursuing Bella, but I know I should stop. Meanwhile, I don't have anything to do with Quinn or her girls (I said no to that girl in episode 6 who wanted me to pay for sex- my MC gets far too much action to need to pay for it). I did have sex with Lilly, but that was just because she's easy. Other than that, I have Jade, Nicole, and Cathy, but I think the Nicole path could be coming to a close because I'm pursuing Jill (I haven't finished episode 6 yet, so who knows).

My MC may end up a single dude who gets laid a lot, and then chills with his bros at the frat and goes to class.
funny you should mention that, I was talking to some people about where the endgame is and someone said the end game is that the MC ends up alone, like it was the friends we made along the way type ending, I think personally that ending would suck, unless they had a twist so MC goes home, helps his dad and lives back in the small town hes started out in, he's telling his dad about all the crazy stuff he did (the not too graphic stuff I'd imagine) and then he gets to talking about which ever girl he romanced but for reasons they break up, then some time later he get's a knock at his door and its the LI that he gave up and they live happily?? functionally? ever after, just my 2 cents on your thought there.

horusxcaen82

Mar 20, 2018
You mean there's a small cohort of very vocal people on these boards that hate her and keep saying it over and over...

Look back on people's tier rankings, she's all over the place (like every other character), but only "hated" by a few.

Having said that, there's an inherent problem with making the game gravitate around any one particular love interest, for the game to keep focusing on that character (the way this game keeps refocusing on Maya), that character needs to keep having issues in order to direct the focus, effectively turning that character into a drama queen, and in doing so, annoying some people.

MC's dad gave him gloves for a reason, might as well test them out.

Savita23

Jan 27, 2020
not sure if anyone noticed(or cares) but the singer for "Just Peachy" turned off comments in her video for that song. They were turned on 2idh months ago, when I last checked. Probably got annoyed at the number of maggot brothers over there xD

$JACKIE1492

Sep 19, 2018
You do know you can already have a threesome with them? I think in Episode 3 of you've been paying for sex. It replaces the Maya scene at the end of Episode 3.
Stewie-say-what-300x225.jpg
For fuckin hell sake that's right mate that preview just got me thinking of what else could happen cheers!!

Savita23

Jan 27, 2020
I know this wasn't adressed to me, but my main issues with her are very simple, she is a lesbian. Plus that stupid camping scene, made me want to root for Maya and Jossie, rather me and Maya.

• Haha
Reactions: shazba

horusxcaen82

Mar 20, 2018
not sure if anyone noticed(or cares) but the singer for "Just Peachy" turned off comments in her video for that song. They were turned on 2idh months ago, when I last checked. Probably got annoyed at the number of maggot brothers over there xD
lol! I saw that, she probably didnt want people thinking she was associated with the game.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
funny you should mention that, I was talking to some people about where the endgame is and someone said the end game is that the MC ends up alone, like it was the friends we made along the way type ending
That would be the true college ending. A guy who dates a lot, met some really nice girls, but none of them worked out, and he goes on his merry way. Expecting that the game will end with a college guy dating the love of his life is romantic, but it sure as heck isn't realistic (not that you're saying it is). I hope the last scene is the MC, 20 years in the future, having beers with Derek at a reunion and saying something like "Dude, freshman year was nuts!"

horusxcaen82

Mar 20, 2018
That would be the true college ending. A guy who dates a lot, met some really nice girls, but none of them worked out, and he goes on his merry way. Expecting that the game will end with a college guy dating the love of his life is romantic, but it sure as heck isn't realistic (not that you're saying it is). I hope the last scene is the MC, 20 years in the future, having beers with Derek at a reunion and saying something like "Dude, freshman year was nuts!"
I don't if you have seen the show "The Wonder Years"
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Sad
Reactions: GingerSweetGirl

KoolMe

Jun 23, 2019

Are u sure about that :cool:
Screenshot (169).png
She is nowhere near my top 3 LIs
at the same time I am quite surprised that She leads over josy and all the much much better side girls

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

talking about hate always seems out of this world to me.

but Maya is definitely not among the favorite Lis, hasn't won an official poll for how long?

and the fact that it is the main LI from a plot point of view has a lot of responsibility in this.

these are escape games, every constraint is frowned upon by the players, they don't want to hang out with who is right to hang out with, but who they want, which for example is why any female character has some fans, even when it was clearly created as a figure marginal (can't I fuck her? so I want to fuck her)

Meghan was definitely not AL's favorite (on 3 LIs ..), Chloe is not at Lancaster Boarding House and I'm sure there are many other examples.

Maya adds to this some peculiar characteristics, she is the first LI (with Josy as a passenger) to be able to reject MC, but first of all the fact that she remains the main LI even after rejecting MC, which is quite a stretch.

in an escape game, being rejected is not nice (then in the specific case due to relative faults), and it is even less pleasant to have to live with this rejection for the rest of the game.

surely the fact of being a lesbian can also have its weight in this situation (in my opinion in a marginal way)

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
Are u sure about that :cool:
View attachment 949835
She is nowhere near my top 3 LIs
at the same time I am quite surprised that She leads over josy and all the much much better side girls
I mean, her "lead" over Josy is 2 votes. Like I said before, I think Josy and and Maya fans are almost the same circle on a Venn diagram. But those circles are also just smaller and barely combine to meet Sage's votes.

There would be an interesting demographic study to be done for fans of DPC games. Based on what I've seen from BaDIK (and to a lesser extent AL), DPC fans:

• Prefer very large breasts
  • Prefer curvy women
  • Prefer white women
  • Are more inclined to like women with darker hair, and less inclined to like women with light/blonde hair
  • Have little interest in older women
  • Have a strong preference for women have mysterious backgrounds
  • Prefer straight women
  • Prefer women who are mature (in behavior), respectable, and responsible
This kind of data could actually be super helpful for a dev when they're outlining their next game. DPC would be wise to not set the primary love interest in his next game as a skinny, blonde, small breasted, older woman. :)

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes