OFT

Jan 6, 2020
We already have enough Bella, by God another girl has to win sometime , what an obsession with the busty woman ...
"already have enough Bella"

I speak the language and know the words, but I cannot make sense of this.

I had never seen a VN or played an adult game before BaDIK. But then I saw this still of her face, and I had to find where she came from:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I started playing, and wasn't fully prepared for the ensuing cardiac arrest. Then, during my recovery, Deadpool posted this:

So no, for me there is never enough Bella.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
It doesn't even need to go that in depth either because it's easily debunked by 3 simple facts:
  1. The MC's Mom died at childbirth
  2. Jill is only 2 years older than the MC
  3. Jill grew up with her sister for much of her life.
That right there is all that's necessary to prove the "Aunt theory" bogus.

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
I understand why you might think that because of his behaviour, but imo DPC, as far as I know, hasn't created a central/important character without layers, and I think that is true for Derek as well.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Just wanted to say another point in the "Derek is actually smart" pile is the Feminism classes. Derek is surprisingly well informed. Like, his arguments are played off for comedy, but it actually displays his intelligence as well.

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
ok, let me try to clear up my vibes... 1. MC's mother is from a rich family, Jill IS from a rich family (Royce)... 2. MC's mother died, Jill's sister also died... so if my hunch is right (which is a long shot btw), it might be just like game of thrones...
I think it's more like Twilight. I mean, if only one person ever died in BaDIK, they have to be vampires or something

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
I don't think Derek's IQ is so important, indeed if he were particularly intelligent, his behavior would be even more "condemnable"

then he is certainly not obtuse, he is quick of mind as shown by his ideas for the joke at the Jocks or knowing how to integrate among the guests of the Preps.

the way he is described is also realistic, the classic person apparently always high, always cheerful, but deeply depressed. who doesn't know someone like that?
May be HE is a pretender. One of my biggest fear, since one of inspiration for DPC was the Bully Game, is that you best friend will turn against on you. Earlier, in one of his interview, DPC did mentioned , one of his mistake in his opinion was that He not developed more the Villain in AL. Derek's attitude can very much be just an Act , so no one will take him serious or suspicious of him. nobody will assume he is more than what he is.
as Jack Rackham once said
JqTqaFF.gif

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
Jill's not MC aunt it is much simpler, DPC does not support incest, neither by way of patches nor mods, nothing, therefore Jill is not his aunt.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
A question I have had for a while is that they show the money values using different colours in-game. When the MC inherits 5000 it is written in white, money he has on him, and spends is written in green, while repairs are written in gold/orange.

I was wondering if anyone thought that these were indicators of value (e.g. green is lowest, then gold, then white), instead of just simple markers to keep the money streams easy to keep track of? It is a pretty out there theory, but I thought I would throw it out there and see what everyone thinks.
Interesting observation. I've figured these are all different currencies, not relative to each other in any particular way, just there for different plot purposes and game mechanisms. The colors may further strengthen that. Do note, however, that the dad, who is poor, indicated that the 5K wasn't very much, so I definitely don't think it's part of a currency hierarchy.

Reactions: shinkei

JohnDelfino

Mar 27, 2020
Two days are remaining in the special poll for +$30 patrons, where they vote on an extra 2D wallpaper for Episode 7. It's the closest poll in a long time. At the time of writing, Josy and Isabella are tied for first place with two days remaining.
Josy winning a poll? I'm happy but shocked.

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
Interesting observation. I've figured these are all different currencies, not relative to each other in any particular way, just there for different plot purposes and game mechanisms. The colors may further strengthen that. Do note, however, that the dad, who is poor, indicated that the 5K wasn't very much, so I definitely don't think it's part of a currency hierarchy.
A game where a VIP pass to a strip club costs $ 30 and a new cell phone I don't know, but then those same people don't have the money to buy windows that cost $ 60. It doesn't make much sense, the game's monetary system is broken and it's a way to avoid putting real prices on products or at least that's how I understood it during the time I was in the discord

Not that I support this theory, but one said and others picked up. Is there any post where he says this line himself?
Not here

Reactions: shinkei and shazba

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Not that I support this theory, but one said and others picked up. Is there any post where he says this line himself?
I've said this before, but I don't buy it. I certainly don't think it's his obsession, but simply he doesn't include it so he won't run afoul of steam and patreon...and because his games will thus be more acceptable to the masses. He sneaks it in via roleplay, which in my opinion is preferable anyway.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
There's a quote buried somewhere in this thread where DPC said on Discord or Patreon that this is "not a kink that interests me". They also have an explicit rule against it for custom render requests.

Reactions: der123fer
4.80 star(s) 1,549 Votes