VN - Ren'Py - Being a DIK [v0.10.1] [DrPinkCake]

1. 5.00 star(s)

rocker1234321

Really good story and animations and looks. Really good job making this game. Hope you make more of these or continue making this game till end. ... also really like the characters in this game looked ... they were very real like. Texture of the game was perfect. Really good job once again.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

nateharr

This game is a lot of fun. Plenty of girls and the story lines are starting to deepen a bit as the story has been progressing further in the days. Things are a bit vanilla for some but it's still an easy solid game.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Gabriel0316

Can't find anything to add that was not said before me, this one is definetly the king of kings of these kind of games.

My missing star is related to the free roam sequences, sometimes I found them kinda grindy and not so "friendly", also the missing star can be asociated ( in my oppinion ) to the impossibility to avoid joining the DIK's.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Jacquin Agiota

Seriously what an incredible game, the story is really cool, the animated scenes are so surreal, what Dr PinkCake can do at Ren'Py is incredible, but seriously what to say about the soundtrack for me is the best thing about it game she can cheer you up at certain times and she can make you kind of bad at others.
    At various times I felt like I was playing Life is Strange which by the way is my favorite game, and now that I discovered this game, Being a DIK became one of my favorite games, my congratulations on your work Dr PinkCake you are amazing:love:
  5. 5.00 star(s)

frozengrimm

This is one of my favorite game ever!
    The dialogues are really funny and hot at times.
    The renders are gorgeous.
    Even the soundtracks are really good.
    Most of the characters feels real and have emotions.
    Amazin'
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Danny Manning

Best Game I've Played Yet.
    Lust Bella!! Really want to know what's behind that locked door and to complete her story line. Is her husband dead? Away on deployment with military or did he leave her for someone else? If he was alive wouldn't there be letters or email, voicemails from him keeping in contact?

Although the game is still under development it's very well written and very few grammatical errors
  7. 5.00 star(s)

lemoncream

I almost didn't play this because I didn't like the idea of a college-frat party setting, but thank god I did.

There's a reason why BaDIK is so highly rated - it does everything phenomenally. Animation/presentation - check. Music - check. Writing - check. Humor - check. Sex scenes - check.

Do yourself a favor and play this game.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

RyuuJin004

One of the few games that had me fapping and crying at the same time; great story, great animations, and great progression of character development. It's an ideal college simulator, and if you were lucky, could remind you of your past.

Fun fact: In the 2002 movie National Lampoon's Van Wilder starring Ryan Reynolds, there is a fraternity with the name Delta Iota Kappa a.k.a. DIK.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

RyuuJin004

One of the few games that had me fapping and crying at the same time; great story, great animations, and great progression of character development. It's an ideal college simulator, and if you were lucky, could remind you of your past.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

KatoT

This is my first Visual Novel, and it is honestly fucking amazing. The graphics, the story, the character development is just wonderful, comedic relief with Derek, but also the internal and physical struggles the MC faces, and don't even get me started with all the possible relationships either. This just makes me really appreciate literature even though it was the bane of my existence . 10/10 keep up the wonderful work Dr.PinkCake can't wait to see what the future has in store for you :) .
  11. 5.00 star(s)

The5thguy

Great game one of the of few i was actually enjoying the story as much as the scenes. I liked pretty much all the characters for one reason or another. Some things i didn't see coming even though the signs are there. The only things i could thing of that annoyed me were when you win a fight but lose for story reasons and some of the mini games but the latter you can turn of so i guess i just torture myself with those. Still didn't detract from the overall experience and i'm looking forward to more of it.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

uselessname001

One of the most game that has ENORMOUS contents and also the in-game images are GOGEROUS <3 The best game that i have played so far. The plot is pretty awesome with a lot of things to do, tbh, its rarely that a game even has the phone interaction like this one
  13. 5.00 star(s)

cleostar

I usually rate with numbers with every aspects in it.
    But fuck it.
    I'm gonna just say that this game is deserved to be at the top of every other AVN games.

1. Masterpiece and one of a kind
    2. Role model of any other AVN games.
    3. This shit is a romantic comedy hollywood movie in 1 game.
    4. Deserved to be the king of all AVN games. WAY above any other games.

Nuff said.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

StupidRabbit

Just play this damn game already, will you?

Renders: 5/5
    Animations: 4.5/5
    Sex Content: 4.5/5
    Characters: 5/5
    Fun: 2.5/5

This game is another masterpiece from this author. After Acting Lessons, he's back to show how good he really is in Visual Novels.

The game has some flows. Some free parts in the game are no fun at all. Click in a bunch of arrows to go to every single place. A map would be great in this game.

Now comes the good part. Not just good, but excellent.

The characters in this game are the best you can find in a VN. They have unique characteristics. They are different from each other. Jill and Bell are my favorites.

Camila is also an excellent character, but she doesn't appear much.

One of the best things in this game is Social Media in our phones. Sad that this part doesn't have much content yet.

Anyway. Just play the game, ok?
  15. 5.00 star(s)

greggggggy

Greatest waifu of all time Bella
    Fantastic soundtrack with a ton of different genres
    somewhat decent minigames that are better than your average vn
    actually well written characters with consistent characters that don't all (of course some do) INSTANTLY trip over themselves to get the MC's dick
    Believable scenarios for the sex instead of "oops I tripped and fell on your dick"
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Ratata918

all round well made game eager for the next update. well made, interesting storyline, renders could be better, very replayable to get down all the scenes. looking forward to chapter 6 hope it comes out soon
  17. 4.00 star(s)

moskyx

Overall, I don't like the game. I can't rate it below 4 stars though because technically this is a truly masterpiece: from music to minigames and phone apps, everything works just perfect and this cannot being ignored. But I personally think all of this, except music, actually detracts from the story, adding a playability that results frankly overwhelming for a VN... in a bad way, at least for me. I just can't stand free-roaming sections, even knowing I can just stick to the main task I feel they are an absolute waste of time just to get a few incoherent renders that, again have nothing to do with the main story. But, as I've said, I must praise the technical execution of these segments. It's just me, I don't like RPGMs for this same reason and it's obvious dev went for a mixed approach here, and I guess it's working quite well according his number of patrons.

Story-wise, it starts reaaaally slow and now (ep5) we're starting to see what's the real deal here. As always, lots of 'easy' drama that could've been avoided just with a brief (or deep) talk in the spot but that lingers for days just because. Characters are just meh, I've only find a couple of them interesting enough (Maya and Bella, which sadly are 'paired' with these annoying Josy and Jill, blocking me from a pleasant 'exclussive' experience with them). And, as in Acting Lessons, being forced into a relationship is not something I'm very fond of (at least here we can cut losses, I think). Not to mention that we're still to see what's the tragic turning point DPC has stored for us. Because the initial disclaimer leaves no doubt this won't be a happy story.

Probably won't keep playing future updates at least until it's fully completed, but everybody should give it a go (although I'm probably one of the latest here actually trying out this game, but still).
  18. 3.00 star(s)

Jessie_Q

Baffling that this game comes from the same mind that produced Acting Lessons...

Often overwritten, pushing you into starting relationships and spending time with girls you're not interested in, very often using popular cliches and stereotypes in place of actual characters with unique and intriguing personalities...

The humor from the developer's previous work is also practically missing, which doesn't help the drawn-out scenes. The free roam sections add virtually nothing to the game and are just another time-waster to chase a few potentially naked renders.

Perhaps Acting Lessons set the bar a little too high and is a tough act to follow, but this game simply failed to live up to the expectations all the positive reviews here had generated.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

reaver01001

Absolutely stellar work on the renders and animations.
    Each character has a believable motive and sub-type.
    Music selection helps build on the world design at the sub-conscious level. Bravo!

Pacing was wonderful, each ero-scene was not too spread out.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Bracco

I have to say that I'm VERY impressed, I loved AL, so I knew to expect BaDIK to be of at least the same high quality, but DAMN! Everything is vastly improved, I don't know how DrPinkCake does it, haha!
    Art is stunning, love the writing, each character has their own distinctive personality, yeah, even the jocks, but holy hell are the ladies hot hot hot! :hearteyes:
    UI is simple and easy, love the music, voice acting is a cool addition, I mean, just wow :p
    And it's a very big introduction to the game as well, lots of content and it's only the first release :p
    And it also seem that despite all those plentiful tags up there, well, what you get, depends on your choices, and pretty much every choice matters, so need to be mindful, at least that's how it seem so far :p
    By the way, I must mention the animations, they're some of the best animations I've ever seen, real smooth!

Absolutely great start, beautiful art, can't wait for the next update! :p

I'd give this first release an extra sixth star if it was possible, I'm just absolute impressed by this release, it leaves me speechless, and that happens like never, haha! :love: